PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern and picky ds

loubelou
07-25-2003, 03:05 PM
My youngest son is a very picky eater. The only thing he might eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern dinner is the macaroni and cheese and that's not even a sure thing. Macaroni and cheese is a hit or miss thing with him depending on the noodles and cheese used in the recipe.

So, my question is this. Is it worth the $9.99 for him to go just to see the characters? I did not see a children's menu on Deb's site. Are there other options for picky eaters for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern? I know my DH, oldest DS, and myself would all enjoy this meal, but if I'm battling my youngest the entire time over the menu it may not be worth it.

jel0511
07-25-2003, 03:33 PM
The macaroni and cheese they serve at Liberty Tree is Stouffer's. You can get this at any grocery store in the frozen food section. Buy a box, and see if he likes it. If he does, go to Liberty Tree. If he doesn't, I'd skip it, it's really not all that good IMO.

3for Me
07-25-2003, 03:35 PM
I would do it and bring a pb&j sandwich or whatever he likes for him to eat prior to going in for your meal. Also, this is certainly not the most nutritious option but...they do have declicious milk shakes or ice cream shakes - I guess that's the same thing! :confused:

In any case between the snack or sandwich before and the milkshake during the meal, he should be fine. My husband and kids love this experience and it is a great place to sit down and have a break. I would hate for the rest of you to miss out (and your son to miss the characters) when there might be another solution.

Hope this helps as I am the mom of a picky DD!

loubelou
07-25-2003, 03:39 PM
If I don't think he will eat anything do I still have to pay for him? He would probably enjoy just watching the characters. I'm not sure what the policy is on just taking up a seat. Can you sit with your party and choose not to order?

beattyfamily
07-25-2003, 04:02 PM
I beleive that because there are characters you either have to order or there is an Entertainment fee of $5. but I'm not certain. I do believe I read this at Deb's site at www.wdwig.com under the menus section.

jel0511
07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
If your son doesn't eat, you'll be charged a $5 entertainment fee.

beattyfamily
07-25-2003, 04:09 PM
I found the place where I read this:

Deb's website (http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menu_ltt.htm)

Below is what it says under LTT's menu section:

For those Guests not dining, a $5.00 entertainment fee will be applied to your bill.

Jackie H.
07-29-2003, 02:04 PM
I just wanted to add that the CMs at Liberty will go out of the way to make your picky son happy. (I think they will at most all WDW restaurants.)

We went into Liberty (this was lunch, however) and my son uttered his famous "there's nothing good to eat here" line. He likes turkey and doesn't hate dressing so I suggested the Pilgrims Feast. But he didn't want any mashed potatoes touching anything and the whole idea of a garden vegetable made him nervous! So I just asked for the mashed potatoes to be put in a separate bowl and instead of the veggie of the day, I asked for raw carrots. Then my daughter and he swapped potatoes (she had fries and loves mashed potatoes) and everybody was happy!

I know people without picking kids won't understand this whole thing at all! LOL My daughter is not at all pickey, she will try anything and likes most of it. But with my son!!! Well.... He is starting to out grow it now, he is 12 and is discovering new foods he likes. I think we might make it!