PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi?

loubelou
07-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Is it better to got to Sci-Fi for lunch or dinner? I'm leaning more towards lunch, but others in my traveling party would rather go for dinner. I'm afraid I may want to leave the park before dinner rolls around. Any opinions?

K and K's Mommy
07-25-2003, 03:22 PM
We went for lunch because the only food that gets good reviews are the burgers. For some reason, I am more of a cheeseburger/fry person at lunch. They do have dinner type food on the menu, but most people on these boards say to stay away from it. We only got cheeseburgers so I can't give you first hand knowledge. It is a dark and cool restaurant so a great break from the sun.

As far as only staying half a day, we love MGM and easily stay a whole day. Even if you leave, come back for Fantasmic!

jeleebeene
07-25-2003, 03:49 PM
We prefer to go at lunch time - and I don't have a clear explanation for that :rolleyes:

I think the lunch menu is better, however, you may like the dinner offerings better. Definitely try the shakes, I love the Cookies and Cream!!

kpgclark
07-25-2003, 04:29 PM
We go there around lunch time, but we skip lunch and order ice cream or another dessert. I've heard the food isn't that great, but the kids love the atmoshphere. No one can mess up ice cream though!

dznyntnh
07-25-2003, 04:37 PM
I go for lunch, but that has more to do with the fact that I usually make MGM an early day then any preference with the menu.

Sci-Fi is my must visit restarant at the studios.

drcmk
07-25-2003, 06:18 PM
I know my kids will want lunch at Pizza Planet when we are at MGM and I don't think we'll hang around long enough for dinner. So I've made an afternoon PS at Sci-Fi to get dessert/snacks. Based on the so so reviews of the food that seems to be the best solution for us.

BarbaraMB
07-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Lunch or dessert. Food not that great but it is fun to check it out. My kids enjoyed it there.

westjones
07-26-2003, 10:11 PM
We enjoyed the place, but the food wasn't the best for us. I would go again because it was a lot of fun. Next time I would want to try a milkshake, someone said they were very good there.

DJ

DrKnow77
07-26-2003, 10:36 PM
Sci Fi is my favorite Disney restaraunt, but we always go for lunch and I always get the cheeseburger / fries. I think I'm more into the dining experience than the food... but the cheeseburger and fries are delish!

Minniespal
07-28-2003, 04:16 AM
I much prefer to go for lunch or a dessert. Their milkshakes are fab!!!!

disneyfan551
07-28-2003, 11:49 AM
I think we're going to give it a try in Dec. My dh and dd-2 have never been there! We'll probably give the burgers/shakes a whirl, too! ;)

Unfortunately, no restaurants in MGM ever sound that great... :rolleyes:

CindyAnn
07-28-2003, 12:14 PM
We always do lunch, because (a) we've had a Fantasmic dinner package reservation at one of the other restaurants on our last 3 visits and (b) we're also into burgers and shakes as more of a lunch than a dinner. The only time in 5 or 6 visits we've had a bad meal was when we ordered more exotic fare. Make sure to ask for one of the "car" tables when you check in at the podium for your PS, unless you need wheelchair or highchair access.