PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Dinner Package Question

luvdamouse
07-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi!

Does anyone know how the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package works out in terms of the meal? I guess I'm asking, what do you get for the money?

For example, the dinner price for Le Cellier last year was $39.99 per adult. What do you receive for that? I'm tempted, but it seems awfully high.

Also, I have a 4 year old son who eats almost nothing, and I'm wondering if I need to buy a package for him if he's going to eat from our plates?

Thanks for any experience you have from years past!
Jo

disney queen
07-25-2003, 12:09 PM
http://wdwig.com/h_cpfaq.htm here is a link to what is included. usually it is a salad or appetizer, entree, and dessert. the tip is included also. however, tea/coffee is not included. weird, huh? hope this helps!:tongue:

Ron from Michigan
07-25-2003, 07:11 PM
We did the Candlelight Dinner package the last two years at Rose & Crown Pub and enjoyed it very much. You get to choose a starter (appetizer), entee & dessert. The only thing you had to pay extra was your drinks & tips. It is a very good deal, we are going to do it again this year. We always eat first and then do the CP, we like to do the second show because we enjoy it more once it gets dark. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Jordan's MOM
07-26-2003, 02:54 PM
What do the kids get??
Ds is 11 and will be happy with the kid steak and dessert but wondered if he can get an appetizer too??

Jordan's mom

zuzanne
07-27-2003, 09:16 AM
:earsgirl: Which restaurant for dinner for 2 adults prior to the Epcot Christmas Prossessional (sp). We are looking at The Garden Grill Character Dinner or The Coral Reef Restaurant in the Living Seas area. How is the food at these two places? Are these both offered in the Dinner Package? Should we be looking at a different place? We like all types of food as long as its prepared well. We will be there on Dec. 17th. We have never ate in any of the restaurants in Epcot. TIA
Suki

DebbieB
07-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Coral Reef is not included. See here for last year's info:

http://wdwig.com/h_cpfaq.htm

I don't know about children getting an appetizer, they are not listed on the children's menu. Their package is only $10.95 for LeCellier. There is actually an appetizer on the adult menu for $10.95, so I doubt it.

BadgerBruce
07-27-2003, 11:33 AM
We really like the package. As far as the meal goes we break even or come out ahead with the tip included. We both had the cheese soup, 7 oz. filet, & different desserts. All was delicious. This is more than we normally eat at one sitting, so we have the desserts boxed up for later. A big perk to this package is the 15% shopping discount. We don't schedule the meal until mid-trip, giving DW plenty of time to check out the Epcot shops before the CP day. We then do a good deal of our World Showcase shopping & souvenir purchasing at Mousegears on that day.

CRCrazy
07-27-2003, 11:44 AM
We did this last year at Le Cellier - when you consider that the gratuity is included as well, and that you get a 15% discount on all your purchases in Epcot that day - it works out to be a good deal - except that we would not have ordered that much food without the package!!

Two of our kids - 11 and 6 - used the kid's package - they did not get to pick an appetizer - but they do serve their yummy breadsticks with the appetizers - more than enough for my kids - unlimited refills on these - the pretzel ones went the fastest! The kid's meals are very good sized - and we shared some of our appetizers with them, so they could try! I think their drinks might have been covered - but our coffee was not!

c4241
07-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Can any former guests of this tell me something about the show? I understand that there is singing and music....but is there something going on that you watch? Is it like musical theater? Also, regarding picking out a dinner restaurant...they call it "tiers" which designates price. Does this have anything to do with "seating" at the show? First tier, Secon tier etc.

Someone suggested just listening to the music outside....that's why I'm curious about what one is looking at inside. Thanks.

jonsmom57
07-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Check out this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/candlelight_processional.htm

DebbieB
07-27-2003, 06:14 PM
There is a huge choir on stage, up on risers (probably 10-15 rows). The center section is cm volunteers and the side sections are high school students. The Voices of Liberty are in front of the choir, they really carry the singing. The narrator is in front of them at a podium. Then the orchestra in the very front.

The tiers refer to level of restaurant, not the seating. There are 2 lines for seating - package and standby. All package guests get in line on the left side of the theater and are seated first, first come first served, in the front sections (you get a badge to wear with your date and showtime). Then close to showtime, they admit the standbys, who lineup on the right side of the theatre, they can fill any remaining seats. There have been a couple times when we didn't have the package and the standby line was long that we decided to listen to the show from the tables across the walkway in front of the American Adventure counter service restaurant. You can't see the choir, narrator or orchestra, but you can still hear it. It is a very beautiful show to listen to.