PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France

BowlingAriel
07-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Anyone been to Chefs de France for dinner lately? I was just on Deb Willis site and the menu she has is from 12/02.

How was dinner? Service? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

banana hammock
07-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Good question. Can anyone help?

MHopkins2
07-25-2003, 08:12 AM
I was there in March, and although I've really enjoyed it in the past, this time was a disappointment. Service was good (but not outstanding like I've had before) and the food was very bland. This from a woman who thinks table pepper is walking on the wild side. My next trip to the France pavilion will definitely be to Bistro de Paris.

BowlingAriel
07-25-2003, 11:20 AM
I wonder if anyone has a menu from recently?

MHopkins2 - Do you mind if I ask what you ordered?

Did u taste the "infamous" French desserts?

ducklite
07-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by MHopkins2
This from a woman who thinks table pepper is walking on the wild side.

LOL!!! :)

Anne

MHopkins2
07-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BowlingAriel
I wonder if anyone has a menu from recently?

MHopkins2 - Do you mind if I ask what you ordered?

Did u taste the "infamous" French desserts? I had the cheese plate, which is always excellent for a cheese freak like me - nothing to mess up there. :) Then seafood entree with saffron sauce --> very bland stuff. Dessert was the special of the day, I think, some sort of schmancy strawberry shortcake IIRC which was again fairly bland and boring. Just all around not great, unfortunately.

kathyg
07-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I have to agree with MHopkins2. We were there two weeks ago and I was really disappointed in the food. This had always been one of our favorite restaurants in the past. This time, the quality of the food had slipped. I had the scallops and the pate and the lobster bisque. All were lacking something....hard to say what. The service, though prompt, was overwhelming. Our waitress actually hovered...it was very uncomfortable. Oh well, maybe it was just a bad day.

BowlingAriel
07-25-2003, 05:17 PM
OH no........maybe it was a bad month. We were looking forward to the Escargot.

MHopkins2
07-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Too lazy to check the menu, but I'm pretty sure you can get escargot at Bistro de Paris. More elegant atmosphere than CdeF, and excellent service and food the two times I've been. :)

tar heel
07-26-2003, 10:55 AM
We had a good meal at Chefs in June. Service by Jeremy was excellent. I had the French menu, which consisted of onion soup (wonderful -- the best part of the meal), chicken cordon bleu with macaroni and cheese (good, but not great -- very heavy), and creme brulee (good, but I was too stuffed to eat more than a couple bites -- dh finished it). DH had escargot, which he said were excellent (I don't do snails.), and lamb, which he raved about. We both had the recommended wine for our entrees.

Although it wasn't the best meal we had that trip, I would go back. I would probably order the soup (really cheesy and good) and a salad, though.

pennyplanner
07-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Okay, so Thanksgiving week 2002 is not really lately, but our family had a really wonderful meal there.

My DH and I both started with a special potato and leek soup. Very, very good. Our entrees were tuna with coriander sauce and beef tenderloin. They were both outstanding. For dessert, I had a raspberry gazpacho with lemon sorbet in the middle -- just heavenly.

Our waiter was a little difficult to understand but just attentive enough. It was a meal to remember!

I hate bland, underseasoned food and our choices were all seasoned well.

I hope you enjoy whatever choice of restaurant you make!

--penny