PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Askershus

Elke
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
We wanted to go here for lunch and I was wondering if they only have the buffet for children. It doesn't seem like they have any child friendly food (ie, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc.). Is there any a la carte choices for children?

Thank you.

Elke

Planogirl
07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Hopefully they still have a separate children's menu too. This is what it was when we last visited: http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_nork.htm

One warning: the macaroni and cheese was not exactly the Kraft type when we tried it. It was good but definitely different and I know how my son tends to balk at anything unusual.

sha_lyn
07-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Their chidlren's chicken tenders weren't typical either (in 2000). They were coated in seasoning (no breading) and baked/broiled. DS liked them, but if you have a "nugget" eater, they won't be pleased

tar heel
07-25-2003, 09:54 AM
The kids' menu includes a grilled cheese sandwich served with goldfish crackers and grapes.

Since you referred to the buffet, you may not know Akershus has changed. There still is a buffet for cold items and soups, but you now order your entree from a menu of about a half dozen choices. In theory, you are still supposed to be able to eat all you want of everything. In practice, this would be hard and make for a very long lunch.

Elke
07-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your responses. I don't know if I should change my PS to Le Cellier instead. I have been to the World numerous times and always try at least one new place each time (our favorites are Cape May, Chef Mickey's & Boma). I haven't made up my mind yet, but your help will assist in my decision.

Thanks,
Elke