PDA

View Full Version : What time for Chef Mickey's PS?

auntkelly
07-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Tomorrow I can make our PS for Chef Mickey's! We hope to go there on our first night at Disney. We arrive late morning and plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon on our first afternoon at Disney. We're staying at the Dolphin. If we leave Typhoon Lagoon at about 4:30, and take Disney transportation back to the Dolphin do you think we could make a 6:30PS at Chef Mickey's? (That's assuming I get the time I request). Do you think I should request a later PS? We're hoping to get the kids to bed fairly early on the night of our arrival, so I don't want to make our PS too late.

Mrs.A
07-24-2003, 07:21 PM
I honestly think your going to need more time than 2 hours to get to CM. Taking the bus you never know exactly what time it will arrive, and going to CM from the Dolphin it could take maybe longer than a half hour???

You could take the bus to the TTC and catch the monorail to the CR.
Get a taxi from the Dolphin.
If you have a car I would use it.

ducklite
07-24-2003, 08:17 PM
The big if is will the TL bus be there at 4:30--or will you have just missed one and have to wait until almost 5:00?

So you get on the bus at 4:30, plan on 20 minutes or so back to the Dolphin. Half an hour at least to get to your room and get everyone changed and ready, and then out to grab a bus to the MK. If the bus is there waiting for you, it's right around 15 minutes to the MK. Form there it's about a ten minute walk to CM's. Forget taking the monorail i'ts actually quicker to walk.

So, best case scenario you make every connection, you're there early. But if you just miss every bus, you'll miss your PS. If it were me I'd make it for 7:00pm, or leave TL early, or take a cab.

BTW--What are you going to do if it's raining and lightning and TL is closed? I'd suggest you have a backup plan for the afternoon, just in case.

Anne

auntkelly
07-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks MrsA and ducklite for the information. We've never stayed at the Dolphin and I was therefore not familiar with the transportation issues. Sounds like we'll either have to leave TL earlier, make a later PS or take our rental care instead of relying on the buses. (I always seem to show up at the bus stop just as the bus I needed has pulled out). Ducklite, you're right about making alternate plans for TL in case of rain, maybe we'll head to DTD and Disney Quest.