PDA

View Full Version : How do you book the Character Ice Cream Social?

Rxchalk
07-24-2003, 06:39 PM
I keep hearing on these boards about a Character Ice Cream Social. What is this? I can not find any information on it. Is it something you have to book at the park or do you buy tickets in advance for it? Is it something worth going too? Can anyone help me with this?

GlennandAnn
07-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi Rxchalk, and welcome to the DIS!:D

The ice cream social takes place at the Garden Grill restaurant in Epcot. You just call the regular WDW-DINE number to make PS. The social is held for only a few hours a day, and if memory serves, only a few days a week. We took DS when he was 2, and it was enjoyable. You get big ice cream sundaes, and the characters walk around for pictures. When we were there it was Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale. We enjoyed it very much. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Ann

FINFAN
07-25-2003, 12:17 AM
I believe this is one event that you will need to secure w/a cc as well. I read the cost is about $8 per person. You may want tot try it as a walk up if you're not traveling at a peak time, that way you're not out the $$ if your plans change. I could be wrong about this...someone please correct me if I am.

Disneymoon04
07-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Here's the description from WDWIG (http://wdwig.com/cb.htm#hotels) :

EPCOT:
The Garden Grill also hosts an Ice Cream Social afternoons at 3, 3:10, and 3:20 p.m. The cost is $6.99 plus tax and gratuity per person (same charge for children or adults). Mickey comes around and joins in the fun! This is a great way to see Mickey and usually is not crowded.

casmanuel
07-25-2003, 12:46 PM
I am thinking about doing the Ice Cream Social with my kids. My son is 8, and i don't mind paying for him and myself, but my daughter is a young 3. Frankly, we could all share 1 dessert and still have plenty left over. I also don't mind paying a stipend for the "entertainment costs" of seeing the characters up close. Just wondering what our options are.

momxx5
07-25-2003, 12:56 PM
We are doing the Ice Cream Social next Friday. Two days until we leave for WDW. This will be our 1st time doing the ice cream social. It is $6.99++, which I think for a "Character Event" is very reasonable.

It told the kids we are going to an ice cream party with Mickey. They are very excited.

I think you have to view it as a "less expensive" character event, and not an "expensive sundae".

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Tiger Fan
07-25-2003, 02:04 PM
We did the Ice Cream Social last week and loved it. It was very relaxing and the ice cream is huge and very good. It came with a cookie, and some other special toppings. The restaurant was almost empty and the characters really played with DD. I have our ticket here and the price for adults was $6.95 and children were $6.75. I know hardly any difference, but that's what the ticket says. We were hot and thirsty and drinks were extra, but our server made it worth it and brought us the kids Epcot cups that are plastic to go filled with fresh drinks. I certainly drank $2.00 worth of diet coke on this hot day! Have fun, we'll always include this nice treat now.
Lisa

uktigger
07-27-2003, 05:03 AM
hi
do you need a credit card to book this?
we are staying on site for 2 weeks would we be able to walk up sometime in between our trip and get a table for the ice cream social
thanks eve