PDA

View Full Version : Paying for Counter Service

sarahandhannahsmom
07-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Going soon. Trying to figure out how much cash to take. We have PS for breakfast and dinner everyday, and for lunch we will go to our resort and do the food court or stay in the parks and do counter service.

Do you need cash at the resort food courts or can you either charge to your room or use a debit/credit card?

What about counter service at the theme parks? cash or charge?

Also, what about the gift shops in the parks. For souvineers and such?

Thanks...I don't like to travel with a lot of cash unless necessary for fear it will be lost or stolen. Traveler checks always seem so inconvenient.

Thanks to all for your help.

Disneyolic
07-24-2003, 03:57 PM
You are able to use your room charge card for counter service and all gift shops. The exceptions are the small kiosks scattered throughout the park.

MHopkins2
07-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Disneyolic
You are able to use your room charge card for counter service and all gift shops. The exceptions are the small kiosks scattered throughout the park. What s/he said! :) Also, you said "soon" so I don't know if that means during the Epcot Food & Wine festival, but if so those kiosks are set up for charge as well. Unless you are a snack-a-holic, you should be able to get by on about $15/day in cash.

DoeWDW
07-25-2003, 09:23 AM
We take very little cash with us. Practically EVERYTHING can be paid for with your room charge. I do carry $5-$10 on me every day for ice cream bars, etc. at the little food carts - they only take cash or Disney Dollars. Generally I come back to the hotel room without spending any cash!

Best wishes for a safe and happy trip filled with magic & pixie dust!

Disneyolic
07-25-2003, 09:35 AM
MHopkins2 - Good to know that the F&W booths are set up for charges. I was wondering about that one..

sarahandhannahsmom
07-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the help from everyone. I really appreciate it.

B'rer Karen
07-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes, thanks MHopkins. I too was wondering about the food and wine festival. I didn't really want to have to carry enough case to cover all I'll drink and eat! Gotta love charging back to the room. Of course this means I'll probably spend to much, but that's the price I'll just have to pay :)