PDA

View Full Version : Luau question

officer tigger
07-24-2003, 11:05 AM
For our next trip we want to try the Luau at the Poly. We have done the Hoop-Dee-Do twice and want to try something different.
I believe that the seating for Hoop- Dee-Do is the earlier you book the closer to the stage you sit. (if I'm wrong please say so)
Was wondering how the seating goes for the luau, is it the same way? Or is it a first come first serve? the ones who arrive earlier sit closer?
Finally, any thoughts and comments on your expierience would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Disney1-30-98
07-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Honestly we didn't have a great experience at the Luau. The show was fine except we had an 18 month old with us at the time, was a little long for her. All the food was lukewarm to cold , even when we asked for more. I know its an outside show for the most part so food would tend to get cold faster but..... When we checked in ( not sure how they seat you ) they had screwed up how many people we had and that we needed a high chair and it really seemed like they didn't care, which is unlike what you would expect. They squeezed a high chair at the end of the table and my daughter couldn't see a thing. The food is raised off the table so there are things obscuring your view which is why they don't want to put anyone at the ends.

Overall I probably wouldn't go back. I think they just refurbed the show so you never know what could have changed. Enjoyed the hoop de doo much more.

lwestwise
07-24-2003, 01:35 PM
We have been to the Luau a few times and besides the time that we sat behind a pole, our seats were all just as good as the other. I did enjoy it the first time, but not so impressed after that. Now, if you have kids, and they still have Mickey's Tropical review, you might want to try that. It is a (Maybe mini) luau plus characters. You get the experience of a Luau, a little earlier in the evening and we enjoyed it twice as much as the regular luau. You might call and check into it, if you think you are interested.

jkovick
07-24-2003, 01:51 PM
The show was fine but the food was poor--lukewarm and bland. Not worth the $$ unless you really have your heart set on the show.

dansyr
07-24-2003, 10:39 PM
We did the spirit of aloha dinner show in March. We really enjoyed it. The food was great.
I think you are right about seating according to when you book. We booked about 6 mos. out and were very close to the stage.

officer tigger
07-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Thanks for your imput. We will have two small children with us that may not enjoy it all that well.
Maybe we'll do the Hoop-Dee-Doo again. My daughter loved it last time.