PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - here's what I ate part 1

bekkio
07-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Having just returned from my first solo trip (for the purpose of going to Nimbus 2003!), I thought that I would write a quick review of places I ate. Here we go:

Boma - this was really great. I had the Moroccan Shellfish stew, Coconut Curried Chicken Soup, tender pork ribs (really good), mixed veggies, potatoes (these were great), a premixed salad with chicken and sweet dressing, lavash, Zebra Domes, chocolate mousse crunch, and fresh melon. A very good meal, I would definately return here. I don't think my family would like it, but I would come back by myself!

Cape May Cafe - Character Breakfast. The food was good, as ever. This is my third visit for breakfast here. I got there just as they opened, was seated immediately, and was pounced upon by Chip, Dale and Goofy almost as soon as I sat down. Since there were very few people there so early, I got a lot of character attention! They had standard breakfast food. This is what I ate: eggs, bacon, potato triangles, OJ, coffee, and a couple of Krispy Cremes. I would return again. I used a voucher for this, and came out about .50 cents ahead.

Rainforest Cafe at AK: This was an okay experience. I was very glad to be inside out of the heat, and I was seated very fast. It wasn't too busy considering it was 12:30. I had a VKL voucher, which goes very far here. I had a Rainforest Ricky (I could have it on the rocks, but not blended with the voucher, weird distinction), Shrimp Cocktail - very good, spicy sauce, King Crab Legs (not on the menu anymore, but they let me order it). The Crab was ok, not terrific, but it's really hard to mess it up, and for dessert a very large fruit plate with strawberries, red grapes, pinapple, and lemon poppy seed muffins. I don't think the food is worth the price without the voucher, but with it, it was worth it. The bill came to $67, and I paid 30 for the voucher.

Beaches and Cream: Great deal with the Q&C voucher. I had a diet cherry coke, prime rib sandwich, onion rings, and a chocolate milkshake to go. The food was very good, and I was very surprised how fast I got out of there. Since I was attending a conference at the Swan, I only had an hour and a half for lunch, but I took the boat to the Beach Club, got seated at the counter immediately, got my food within 10 minutes, and was out of there in 40. I had plenty of time to catch the boat back to the Swan.

Boulangerie Patisserie: I used my last Q&C voucher here and broke even. I had the cheese plate - it had Brie, Muenster and Swiss, with some red grapes. I was hoping for some more French style cheese, but it was tasty, a baguette, very good, a Vittal, and chocolate mousse. I would probably not return here again. The food was okay, but nothing special.

Tubbi's: I was not impressed at all by this restaurant. I arrived at 12:15, but they did not have the salads in yet. I had the chicken noodle soup - it was watery. I would not come back here at all.

I will post part 2 later...
Bekki O.

Disney845
07-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Coconut Curried Chicken Soap

Does this double as a handi-wipe for after the meal?? Just kidding! ;) ;)

Thanks so much for your food review. It does seem odd about your RC drink, but I guess it is their discretion.

bekkio
07-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Maybe someday I'll actually proofread what I type!

Annie&Hallie'sMom
07-24-2003, 02:35 PM
I may have to try the Cape May for breakfast. Sounds good!

Minniespal
07-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Thanks for sharing ~ Wonderful reviews!!!!!