PDA

View Full Version : Problem making PS

tltjet
07-24-2003, 09:13 AM
I am trying to get a reservation in Sept. for CRT for dinner and for some reason PS can only be made till 5:45. She check all of the other restaurants in MK and they too were only taking PS till 5:45. The park is open till 8:00. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Thanks for the help!

eeyorefanatic
07-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Many of the restaurants and shops will be closing early to cut down on costs.

SAKPEG99OKW
07-24-2003, 12:40 PM
The same thing just happend to me making ps for mgm, fantasmick dinner packageon sept 16th. the latest seating was 5:30pm?. No explination from CM. Maybe all the parks are having reduced hours.

Scott

>>^..^<<
07-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi there ~

If you figure a MINIMUM of 1 hour - 1.5 hour for you to eat dinner - starting at 5:45pm (if you get seated on time) you will be finished eating at 7:15pm maybe even later.

I don't think 5:45pm is unreasonable for the last seating of the day if the park closes at 8:00pm.

>>^..^<<

tltjet
07-24-2003, 12:51 PM
I was at WDW the same time last year and I had a PS for CRT 1/2 before the park closed. The CM I was talking to could not figure it out either. 5:45 just seems very early for a last seating time for dinner.

CamColt
07-24-2003, 02:12 PM
There have a been a few threads about that lately. Starting in August, people have been having trouble booking late at MGM & MK. People seem to think they are trying to book up earlier times first so that the will be able to close down the restaurants when everyone is done, as opposed to spreading people out throughout the night and stayingopen later.
We tried at the 60 day mark, no later than 7:15am for 2 different days at Mama Melrose the last week in August. Both days all they could give us was 4:30! There is NO WAY MM sold out in 15 minutes, so something is definitely up.

Planogirl
07-24-2003, 03:07 PM
It does seem that a lot of theme park restaurants are closing early now. I don't know about anyone else but 4:30 or even 5:30 seems way too early to eat dinner. I believe that we used to be able to get PS up to at least 30 minutes before parks closed but no longer. We might go to a resort to eat and then return to the park if this policy is still in effect the next time we go.

Tiger Fan
07-24-2003, 03:19 PM
We had this same type thing happen to us last week at Sci-Fi. I had tried for weeks to get a late (9pm) seating, but could not get anything later than 6:20pm. The morning of when we wanted to go I called and got a 9pm seating. Prior to that day I had been told that the restaurant closed at 7pm that day. Keep trying. Good luck.
Lisa

CamColt
07-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Yes Planogirl, I totally agree. We are early eaters here, but on vacation 4:30 is way too early. We like to take a midday break at the pool, wash up and return to the parks around 5:00. I was planning to catch the MGM parade at 5:00 then eat at Mama Melrose, but with the 4:30 PS we cant do that. Im almost tempted to just pick up a pizza or burger as opposed to doing a full meal with drinks and all. It will save us time and money I guess, even if I would like to eat at MM.

BlueFairy
07-24-2003, 04:14 PM
I posted this on another thread. This happened yesterday:
This is just too weird. I just spoke with Tate at Disney Dining. She seemed unfamiliar with the PS policy at the Plaza and had to look it up to see if they take walk-ups?! Anyway, quoting from her computer screen "Restaurant hours will vary and may not reflect park hours." She could not tell me Plaza hours for 9/13, only that they are only taking PS from 4:00-4:50pm for dinner!!!! The latest for a family of 4 is 4:30. I said, "So they are only open for 1 hour for dinner?" "Not necessarily, but they are only taking PS for that one hour. I don't know if they will take walk-ups." This is just getting stranger. I guess we will just eat counter service if we aren't hungry at 4:30pm.
Disney needs to rethink this policy or give us an explanation so we can have an understanding of the situation and plan around it.

BTW, this is a Sat. night with Spectro and park closing at 9pm. GO figure.

CamColt
07-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update, Blue Fairy. This is really weird. I guess all we can do is keep calling and bothering them in case something opens up. If not we will still try when in WDW. Im thinking getting a walk in with a party of 8(even if we split up) will be tough.
Why have the whole PS system/60 day window if they are only offering it for 1 hour? :rolleyes: