PDA

View Full Version : Eurostar ??

wdwtink
07-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Can anyone tell me about taking Eurostar from London to DLP? I hear it takes 3 hours. How long is the drive? Please tell me what to expect, I have never been on a train.

richard3330
07-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi,

Yes, the Eurostar takes 3 hours from London directly in to Disneyland Paris. The station at London Waterloo is very nice with some shops and cafes, and there occasionally some Disney characters or a Disney band there! There is no driving involved - Eurostar drops you off right in the heart of the Disneyland Paris resort! The station is just minutes from the Disneyland Park and the Disney studios. There are also trams that pick-up and drop-off from here to the Disneyland Paris hotels. If you would prefer, you can travel from Ashford on the Eurostar which takes around 2 hours.

The train is very spacious and comfortable and it feels just like being on a usual high-speed train. On the direct to DLP services there is 'Castle Club' which is a separate carriages with bigger seats and a lunch pack etc. During off-peak seasons there may not be a Eurostar service going directly in to DLP. You may have to travel via Lille.

IMHO, Eurostar is by far the easiest, quickest and less-stressful way to get from England to DLP.

HTH

Richard. :)

richard3330
07-23-2003, 03:49 PM
*Edit*

It looks like I pressed it twice!

wdwtink
07-23-2003, 04:21 PM
This sounds great! Thanks for the all the information. I can't wait. How far in advance should one buy tickets?? Is it hard to get them for the dates you need?

rob@rar.org.uk
07-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Summer months can book out fully (ask Richard, who recently had to fly to DLP becuase the train was full and had a grim journey home!). I always book as soon as I know the dates I want to travel on; there are virtually no last minute deals to be had, so there is little point in delaying your reservations.

Regards

Rob

wdwtink
07-24-2003, 09:21 AM
We want to go during the summer so I will book early. I enjoyed reading Richards review. Those are really helpful for someone planning a trip to DLP.

Peter Pan Fan
07-24-2003, 05:17 PM
We want to go one-way from Disney to London. Looking at eurostar.com, it appears it only leaves once a day in the evening. We would like to leave earlier, so would it be best just to take a regular train from Disney to Gare du Nord and then pick up the Eurostar to London there?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
~Susan

richard3330
07-25-2003, 04:15 AM
Hi Susan,

Yes, Eurostar only leaves direct from Disneyland Paris once a day in the evening. You could easily take a train from Disneyland's station (Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy) to Paris and take a direct to London, Eurostar service from there which leave very regularly at a selection of times. Almost every hour in fact.

Hedgehog
07-27-2003, 01:35 PM
hi
We are travelling Eurostar from Ashford in September.
we were not able to book our tickets as early as we'd have like becausse the seats are only released for sale 60 days before departure.
If you book through a travel agent they may book your trip but they would not be able to confirm it until this date .

Has anyone any experience of Eurostar with a toddler???
We were advised to go Castle club (for extra room) as the supplement worked out the same as if we had bought him a seat which he may not have used at all!

Hedgehog

richard3330
07-27-2003, 02:22 PM
We've been on Eurostar with a toddler a few times and Castle Class is well worth the upgrade price IMO.

Although I have never travelled in the standard section, I have walked through it and to be honest CC looks so much nicer. The upgrade price doesn't usually seem to be too steep and it is great for the journey back as there is more space for children to play and the complimaentary snack pack is great. Go for it!

Hedgehog
07-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Thanks for that.
Can you tell me what sort of thing is in the snack pack. Will it be suitable for a two year old?
Also how much space is there for luggage? We of course will also be burdened with a pram.
We've usually travelled by road and this is the first train trip for us all.

Hedgehog

SNOWHITE7
08-11-2003, 11:22 AM
We've just returned from DLP on the Eurostar to Ashford. The snack box contained a fruit drink, two soft rolls, an apple and a chocolate bar. Not sure if you're two year old would eat any of that, my eleven year old wouldn't! There is also a buffet car but I don't know what they sell we didn't use it.

There is a reasonably large area at the end of the carriage for large cases and your pram, smaller cases and hand luggage is placed on overhead racks.

Another good reason for travelling Castle Class is that the carriages are air conditioned. I thought the whole train had air conditioning until speaking to another passenger while checking in at the hotel who complained how hot it had been on the train. With the extremely hot temperatures we had on both journeys it was worth the extra just to keep cool.