PDA

View Full Version : Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

vikingfans
05-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey Ginger! Just hangin out waiting for October to get here.

Hubby got a new job, and will be working from home so we have to finally redo the office. We have spent all last week shopping for new desks, painting, and putting up new trim around the windows (we replaced the windows 5 years ago and didn't put up the trim yet) and tomorrow he's making the baseboards.

Right now my puter is on a small table, with a step stool for a chair! lol

Life is never dull in my house!!!!

Hope you all are well! Can't wait for Halloween!!!

Rose_Greenthumb
05-09-2004, 06:21 AM
I'm in the midst of revision for my exams, drama's over and done with but I have my French speaking exam tomorrow!

I had a lovely evening on Friday at the school formal. My dad's putting the photos up for me and my friend's already uploaded all of hers so I'll see what I can figure out how to post later.

It all started as soon as Physics ended on Friday last lesson, I ran home and got in the shower, got my hair done and my make up done and then wriggled into my dress. My dad took some photos and then my mum took me to Katy's where the limo was picking us up. It was ever so exciting and we were taking photos when the limo pulled up outside. Still taking photos, we walked over and waited for the doors to be opened. And waited...and waited! Our limo had only gone and broken down! We were bundled back into Katy's and waited half an hour for another one.

When we eventually got into the limo (and all the buses that we'd been blocking got past) we had some non-alcoholic champagne and did some toasts which set half of us off crying, not good when your make up's running before the night's even begun!

We pulled up outside the stadium and waited our turn to get out of the limo. It was so nerve wracking! Nobody could see that it was us and they were all assembled outside. We were by far the most dressed up of the girls but the lads were all in suits so we deemed everyone else underdressed and stepped out to face the papparazi like crowds! We got lots of admiring glances and several hugs and then we headed inside to see everyone else who was in the room. What a shock when we got to reception and all the teachers were stood in the reception waiting for us! It was really lovely.

Before the meal we were all running round admiring everyone (goodness our lads don't scrub up too badly at all!) and taking photos like there was no tomorrow. When we eventually settled and were served, there was a real sense of disbelief on my table, it seemed so unreal to actually be there and be gathered as a year group for one last time (needless to say there were more tears when I mentioned that!). We had a speech from Mr McGee and Mrs Hutchinson and then our head boy and head girl handed out some awards. I won the should have been blonde award!

The DJ was pretty terrible but we had fun anyway, everyone was up doing the cha cha slide at one point but we had to stop because we kept making the equipment break! By about 10:30 most people had dispersed and there were about 20 of us left to do the YMCA and the conga and have a really nice time. We all stayed to the bitter end and I'm proud to say we were the very last to leave that room!

It really was amazing, I can't quite believe it's all over and that I could be leaving school any day now. We don't actually get told when study leave is going to begin but it's only garuanteed we're in school until the formal. I suppose it'll feel real enought when I realise I have a matter of hours until my french exam so I really ought to go and do some more work on that!

Lynda Silk
05-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone!
I just bought our MNSSHP tickets so now I really feel like our vacation is much closer to happening! We weren't going to buy tickets but after reading all the posts from people here who had bought them, it piqued my interest! And of course, after reviewing the info on the disboards on this party, we had to go!

Rose_thumb, your formal sounded fabulous! And you all looked so beautiful in your dresses! Good luck with the rest of your exams; hang in there, summer vacation is not far off now!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

DMS_cruisers04
05-11-2004, 09:12 AM
We're still going in October. We were concerned that we wouldn't be able to make it because we're working on child #2. And after a slight, but erroneous, occurance, DW is not pregnant yet. Which now means, by the time of the cruise, she'll still be able to go.
So I'm excited and disappointed all at the same time. :( :D

So the plan now is to come in on the 28th, spend the two days at the Dolphin, do MNSSHP, I found out about a character breakfast at the Swan/Dolphin, spend some time at the parks (we've still got days left on our last passes) and then drive down to the port the morning of the 30th. So it looks like I'll be traveling with a pregnant DW and a 4 year old DD, what was I thinking? :teeth:

Lynda, when are you doing MNSSHP? Anybody else going before the cruise (haven't looked back at much of the thread yet)?

Rose_Greenthumb
05-11-2004, 12:46 PM
My French exam went really well! My teacher said it'll be at least an A if not an A* so I was very pleased. I did manage to say that I ate fries for breakfast but I really couldn't think of the word for toast so I had to improvise!

We could be leaving any day now, we don't actually find out until the day though so every time anyone comes into the room with a message my stomach goes. I really don't want to leave that place.

I tell you what though, we have this tradition of doing scrap books of our time there where people write about their memories and stuff and it's so much more stressful trying to get everyone to write in it that the actual exams are!

"Ginger"
05-12-2004, 05:49 AM
YAHOO!!!!!
I may be to late to do this but, DH gave me the O.K. to book the Aug.20 2005 Disney cruise from Cal. to Fla.. Yes, 14 days onboard.

Wish me luck.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Lynda Silk
05-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi Mike, we're doing MNSSHP on Oct 26! We've never been so we're really excited about it! I'm pretty sure I saw posts from other fellow passengers saying they were going too so you'll probably see a few other dates too.

I'm sorry about your "disappointment" but just keep on trying! We had a hard time getting pregnant too so I know how you feel! But we have 2 beautiful kids now! And at least you're looking at the positives like going on the cruise!

Ginger, it was so nice to hear that you're going on the 14 day cruise! You lucky thing!!! I'll have to live vicariously through you because I know DH won't go for that cruise! Wow, 14 days on board ship; that should just be amazing!

Lynda Silk
05-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Rose_greenthumb, sorry I forgot to say in my prior post, congratulations on your French exam! That's awesome! You must be feeling really good right now!

KEH
05-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey, Ginger, we will be there too! At least we will if I can rent out our DVC points!

"Ginger"
05-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Alright Karen, I'm sure you'll be able to rent them. Bill told me I would have to do the same but, we only have 72 points left for the 2005 year. LOL!!!!! Can't sell what you don't have yet.
One sad thing though is that we will miss the Halloween cruise in 2005 and most likely 2006 too.
Now we have to decide if we are going to do air with Disney or on our own. I may book with Disney to hold on to the current price quote. I fear high airfare for next year because of the fuel prices going up so quickly. May have to fly in on the day of the cruise, which I hate.

BTW Mike keep trying we had a few let downs before we finally got our sweet DD.

Way to go Emma, love the dress.

MNSSHP is a blast, you all will love it. Still trying to talk DH into that for this year. I'd better be cool for awhile, if you know what I mean. LOL.:crazy:

KEH
05-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Yes, pick your time Ginger and you'll be there trick or treating with Mickey I'm sure.

Glad you think the points won't be a problem. We've nevre done it before and I'm a bit wary.

And I just have to say it - my darling daughter (Rose_greenthumb aka Emma) was absolutely the most beautiful girl at the formal.

Karen

DMS_cruisers04
05-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Lynda & Ginger, thanks for the encouragement. We're still trying, so don't be surprised when you see her at the pool, big belly and all. Disney hasn't figured out how to charge extra for a "baby-on-board" yet, have they?! :scratchin :laughing:

Emma, congrats on your French exam! :cheer2: And just so you know, I've been known to have fries for breakfast. Or cold pizza. Or left-over spaghetti. :crazy:

Ginger, congrats on the Repo cruise!!:boat: I'd definitely keep searching around for prices on airfare. From what some have already said, I think they're paying way too high prices. Keep in mind too, you might be able to book an open-ended (I think the affectionate term is "open-jaw") instead of two one-ways, and you might be able to save some money.

"Ginger"
05-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks Mike, I'll look into that open end air.

I went ahead and booked everything with Disney, air, hotel and transfers.
I booked the 2 night stay at Paradise Pier with passes for 3 days. Yeap!!!! they are forcing us to pay for a 3 day pass even thou we will not be able to use it. I will be looking into other arrangements, for sure. The trip is so far in advance that it's hard to get price quotes. My main concern is the airfare. When I see what the rates are going to be for that then I will change everything around. I sure would like to pay for my hotel stay with DVC points and only buy passes for the days I'm there.
I'll also transfer my cruise ressies to Costco for the additional savings.

vikingfans
05-14-2004, 03:25 PM
My tickets for MNSSHP have arrived! My DH and a rented child will be joining me (the child is the DD of friends that are going with us) We are giving mom and dad a night to themselves while we take the 12 year old to the party.

We are going on the 28th. Is anyone else going on that day???

I can't wait to meet all of you! I love making new friends!!

mdvasquez
05-15-2004, 03:38 PM
GINGER: I am so jelous you are going on the 14 day cruise. I thought about it, but think it will be too much with the baby to be on board for 14 days. So instead we booke July 30 - Aug 6th. My B-day is the first and my 10 yr wedding anniversary will be in June of 2005, so that is how I convince DH to go. I think we will be staying in Disneyland for 2 nights prior the cruise.

Nothing else new here, my DS came back from London on Tuesday. He LOVED it!!!

EMMA: Congrats!:hyper:

BTW: For any movie fans out there, I saw Troy last night and it was great!!

Dena::MinnieMo

sumfun
05-16-2004, 03:28 PM
hi everyone , didn't get to read entire thread just wanted to add us onto the list. this will also be our 4th disney cruise, first time for halloween though, and first time surprising kids. ginger i think we traveled with you once beforeand met you ay the raddison the night before. look forward to meeting again.
anyway it will be myself and dh plus ds al 14 dd morgan 11 and dd robyn 7. see you then tomi

KEH
05-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi sumfun, welcome aboard!

mdvasquez
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
welcome sumfun!:tongue: We have a 14 year old boy that may be sailing with us. It depends on his grades.

Karen: Are you guys also going on the 14 day repo cruise too??? I will miss you guys. I went online today to check the prices, but they are now over $4000.00 for just Michael and me to go. A little too much.

I did wind up switching my Mexian Birthday cruise to June 25 - July 7. I booked through Sams Club and got a SPR for the same price as the cat 11 I had.:hyper:

vikingfans
05-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi sumfun,

This is my first Halloween cruise too! I will be traveling with my DH and our good friends, so all adults in the party, but feel free to stop by our cabin for trick or treating! We will have plenty of treats for everyone!!! We will be in 6090!

Hope to see you there!!!

"Ginger"
05-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi all:wave: Welcome aboard Sumfun, did we cruise together in Jan. of 2001? We'll have to get together again this year at the Radisson. I'm pretty sure we will be there the night before the cruise, maybe even 2 days before depends on $$$$.

Yes Dena, we're booked along with alot of others from here on the Magic to bring her home. Sure wish you could come along with us we could celebrate our birthdays and anniversaries together. My birthday is the 21st, the day after we sail.

Will it's getting late and I've got to get up early for work. Got to make the moolaa to pay for these cruises..

sumfun
05-17-2004, 03:05 PM
thanks everyone,we can't wait. haven't been able to read through entire post is there anything i should know ? highlights of a halloween cruise anything special to buy or bring? etc..
ginger i think it may have been late august early sept.2002 a western itinerary. also might have been a different ginger i guess. :rolleyes:
anyway looking forward to meeting you all . tomi

taswira
05-17-2004, 03:40 PM
<B>sumfun</B> - I added you to the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html">Cruiser List</A></B> on the <B><I><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/">Halloween Magic 2004</A></I></B> website.

skoi
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Haven't checked in in a while. We have good news and bad news.

We just received our tickets for the 10/26 MNSSHP :D

Dh found out he might be deployed before then (he's in the Navy reserve) so we're not sure how this will alter plans. :( Oh well, he's proud to be going wherever he'll going.

Is there a list for tea?

Julie

mdvasquez
05-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Good morning everyone. Good afternoon Karen:teeth:

Julie: I hope everything works out for you guys. :D Keep us posted. If I remember correctly Ginger is taking care of the high tea list.

Ginger: thanks for sending me the info about the repo cruise. Unfortunately, I think we will be sticking witht he June 25th -July 2 cruise. Besides the cost of the 14 day, the kids start school usually around August 18th, so that would be a bit difficult to pull that off. I will miss not crusing with you guys and the Hickmores.

Will we be doing chocolate covered strawberries at the Rad again? I am up for it if you are. I'll just remeber to bring oil.:crazy:

SUMFUN: We plan our own trick or treating on board, which is alot of fun!!! And ALOT better than what disney offers.

Have a great day everyone

KEH
05-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Dena, would those be the chocolate covered strawberries that some of us only heard about? LOL.

Ginger, have you thought any more about the trip to Anguilla? We are starting to think about excursions and would prefer to do something independent if we can as I think the DCL ones can be pricy.

rocadonismom
05-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Karen (KEH) -

Please empty your private messages box if you get a chance. I finally had time to get to a computer and tried to send you a message and it bounced back! Hugs, Carolyn.

KEH
05-20-2004, 01:25 AM
Sorry, Carolyn. Will do it now.

Karen

mdvasquez
05-20-2004, 07:48 AM
KAREN: Yes those would be the same strawberries. And might I say once again how delicious they were. You guys should come and stay at the Rad on Friday night!!!:) Also, what day are you guys getting here and do you know what night you are doing MNNSHP? We are thinking about going out to WDW on Sunday the 24th - Mon the 25th and doind MNNSHP on the eve of the 24th and possibly going to the food and wine festival at EPCOT during the day.:teeth:

Emily was 12 weeks old yesterday, she has started laughing and cooing up a storm.princess:

Have a great day everyone:wave2:

KEH
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Dena, we will be at WDW from Friday 22nd. We would love to meet up with you in Epcot on the 24th to do the Food & Wine Festival. Or the day of the 25th if that would be better for you. We are going to MNSSHP on Tuesday 26th.

Karen

mdvasquez
05-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Karen, I think we would rather do Epcot on the 24th. I cant wait to see you guys!! Did you already get your tickets to MNNSHP? I have to order mine still.

Dena
::MinnieMo

KEH
05-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Consider that a date, Dena! We have ordered our MNSSHP tickets but not got them yet. I'm so looking forward to seeing you all again. And to meeting my honorary niece for the first time.

"Ginger"
05-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi all:wave:

It's going to be a beautiful hot day here and I've got alot to do so I'm going to make this brief.

Karen, yes we are going to Anguilla this year on our own I replied to your thread about the island. I'll get together all the info needed for that excursion, don't worry, were going to Shoal Bay Beach East. I do know that you are going to need your passport. Maybe you could give DCL a ring and see if they can give you info on that.
Dena strawberries YUMMY!!!! yes, I'll get the choc. I'm beginning to wonder about the Repo. cruise it's alot of money. But, I have always wanted to go through the Panama Canal, figured this was my only chance.
Tomi must have been another Ginger we've only cruised in Oct. for the past 3 years.

Got to go DH is calling me.

You all have a great day.

"Ginger"
05-22-2004, 01:26 PM
I was wondering how the T-or-T list was coming along. Judi are you out there????? Anyone hear from Judi (alwalters) or seen any post of hers lately???? Hope she's still with us and everything is alright.

vikingfans
05-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I did send someone a pm about wanting to help with the trick or treating. (no kids but want to help them have fun). Not sure if anyone got that message. But will be there with bells on!!!

"Ginger"
05-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Just dropped into say Hi!!!!

Rose_Greenthumb
05-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi!

I'm in the midst of exam mayhem at the moment, dreaming of cruising away from it all disney style! I say that but I've only done one exam so far and it wasn't so bad, plus I'm not doing too badly with revision! It would still be nicer to be cruising mind you!

"Ginger"
05-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Glad your not having a hard time of it Emma. Keep up the good work, we'll be cruising again before you know it.

mdvasquez
05-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone!

Yesterday was Alex's official last day of high school!:earseek: Since he is an A B student, he does not have to take any final exams.

Ashley and Brendan have 4 more days of school after today.

All is well AND HOT here in FLA. I am starting to get excited about this cruise. Only 5 more months to go.:tongue:

Donnainnj
05-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Sumfun,
Just wanted to welcome you, and let you know that we will also be on board with 7 and 11 year old DD's.
Donna in Central Jersey

DMS_cruisers04
05-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi all! Just wanted to stop in and see what's up. Hope everyone has a nice Memorial weekend, those of you in the UK included.

Ginger, have you heard from Judi yet? :confused: Haven't 'seen' her in awhile and was hoping, too, that everything was okay.

"Ginger"
05-27-2004, 07:53 PM
No Mike, haven't heard a thing or seen any of her posts lately.

mdvasquez
05-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Good morning fellow cruisers!:wave2:

TGIF!!!! Ashley and Brendan have to take their finals today. I hope and pray they do well.

We are getting ready to head out to Orlando tomorrow. We will be staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort. YEA!!!:hyper: We won't be doing any of the parks, just going to get some R&R by the pool.:cool:

Everyone have a great memorial day weekend!!:tongue:

Rose_Greenthumb
05-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Have a lovely time Dena!

I had my first English exam today which wasn't too bad. It was a fair paper and the second question was just great because we'd done the same one in the mock exam we did so I felt like running round for joy when I saw that! I'm not sure if I chose the best one for section A but I've made up so many answers to exams in my time and come out with good marks so here's hoping this one will be the same.

I have a week off now so I'll be revising like crazy for my Biology, French and Maths exams! We're off to my nan's for the weekend so that should be nice and I'm doing a cd recording tomorrow with my choir.

K&D'smom
05-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi All,

My name is Patti (39). Me and my family consisting of my DH - Doug (38), DD - Kirstie (11) and DS - Darren (8) will also be on 10/30/04 sailing of the Magic. This is the first Disney cruise my husband and I have been on and the very first cruise for my children. We are very excited and hope to meet all of you.

My daughter is hoping to make a few friends via email prior to the cruise date so if any of you have a child who would like to swap emails with my daughter please PM me and I'll get you her email address.

pirate:

taswira
05-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Patti. Welcome! I added you to the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html" target="index">Cruiser List</A></B> of our <I><B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/" target="index">Halloween Magic 2004</A></B></I> website. If you PM or e-mail me your dining (main or late), stateroom (optional), and whether you will be participating in the DISer trick-or-treating, I will add that also.

I saw where you joined the <I>MagicalDisney Community</I>. Thank you!

"Ginger"
05-31-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi All! Welcome Patti and family.

Dena I envy you living so close to the World.

Looks like rain here today. Oh well, we haven't opened our pool yet, we've been invaded by tadpoles. DH forgot to drain the pool cover after a hard rain back in early spring. A few pairs of frogs enjoyed the warming water so much that they all decided to leave us presents about 10,000. DH showed DD the egg sacks. That was all it took, been raising frog ever since. Going to drain the cover and take the tads to a near by park which has water surrounding it. They will love it there plenty of room to grow.

I sure hope we haven't lost our T-or-T planner. Judi are you still with us.

Happy Memorial Day to All:wave2:

taswira
05-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Looking at our <B><A href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html" target="index">Cruiser List</A></B>, I suddenly realize that I am directly across from KEH and Rose_Greenthumb. Of those who have disclosed their stateroom number, we have at least 8 staterooms on Deck 7 and 6 on Deck 6. :grouphug:

Has <I>no one</I> heard <I>anything</I> from our T-or-T planner? :confused: I hope she is okay.

"Ginger"
05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
I sent her an email today. Hoping for a "We're doing fine. Just to busy to get online at this time." reply.

vikingfans
05-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Taswira,

I would like to be included in the cruiser list!

My name is Laura (vikingfans) 41, my DH Chris is 45 and we will be in 6090.

Can't wait to meet you all!

"Ginger"
05-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Just got off the phone with the reservation people at the Radisson. Staying 2 nights before our cruise arriving on the 28th not sure about the arrival time thou. Driving down from Maryland sure hope the fuel prices get a bit cheaper.
I requested the same 2 king suite as last year, very nice corner suite near the exit to parking lot. Got the park and cruise package, included breakfast for 2 for the 2 mornings of our stay. The rate was $159. which is $50 higher than last years rate WOW!! inflation is hitting us every where.

taswira
05-31-2004, 01:20 PM
vikingfans - You are now on the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html" target="index">Cruiser List</A></B>!

I am not intentionally leaving out anyone. Those who are not on the list have not contacted me with their info.

FYI: There are spots on the list for DIS Name, FIRST NAMES & AGES at time of cruise, DINING (Main or Late), CELEBRATION (birthdays, anniversaries, your upteenth DCL cruise, etc.), STATEROOM number, and whether your stateroom will participate in the door-to-door DIS Trick-or-Treating.

If anyone's info is missing or you need to add to or alter it, just PM me or e-mail to info@magicaldisney.com and be sure to include your DIS name and the details you wish to add or change.

Thanks,
Shari
aka "Taswira"

"Ginger"
05-31-2004, 01:28 PM
BTW-about High Tea at Palo, a fee of $5.00 per person has been added.

For me to make reservations for those of us who are interested in doing this as a group I'll need your last names and stateroom numbers. Please keep in mind that Palo will charge your onboard account for this event, so if you decided not to show please remember to cancel so you will not be charged.

You can PM me with your information.

mdvasquez
05-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone. We just got back from Disney,:earseek: We spent one night at the WL with just me my DH, Brenda, Ashley, Emily and my mom. The we spent last night at the SS where my two DS and their DH and DD joined us. Right now they only have 70 rooms open, so the place was EMPTY!!! It was great!:hyper:
The pool is FANTASTIC!:teeth:

We had beautiful weather for both days, sunny:sunny: and in the 90's. We sat by the pool and tanned and swam on Sat. Sun. and today. Got some GREAT color.:earboy2:

Well, now it's back to reality. Only two more days of school for the kids.

Ginger: wow, $159 for the rad. I still want to to high tea, even if it is $5.00. I wonder why they charge now? Anyway, when I get the chance I will PM you the info you need.

Have a great evening everyone.

taswira
05-31-2004, 06:05 PM
The reason they charge now is because too many guests were making High Tea reservations and then not showing up, depriving other guests of the experience since space is so limited for it.

This way, if they are "no shows," they will lose $5 apiece. That should discourage some people from making reservations they are uncertain they really want.

mhb
05-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Hi!!! I'm new to all this. I found you guys from my aunt. I'm registered in other site, but not sure I did it right. We are a family of 5, going with about 15 other people. We would love to meet all of you. I would love to go to the High Tea on Monday. Can someone get back to me.

taswira
05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I posted the info you sent me on the Cruiser List. Thanks!

As I mentioned in my reply to your e-mail, alwatlers (Judi - whom we have not heard from in a month or so) or Ginger should be able to answer your questions about the T-or-T.

:earsgirl: Shari

rocadonismom
06-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. It was crazy here because it's a tourist area and I work in a pizzeria/restaurant. Busy, busy, busy.

I finally got a computer (YEAH!!!, Internet comes next week) so I'm looking forward to jumping back into the thread and "remeeting" everyone from before as well as our new cruisers (hi Patti and mhb) I'll be sure to email the right people but, am definately interested in high tea and handing out treats for the trick or treaters. It was a blast last year; I think our stateroom hostess ended up with several packs of treats though because I had a few extra.

Dena - sounds like you had a nice weekend woth your family, always nice to be able to kick back and relax.

Ginger - how did the tadpole relocation project go? Did Ashley start naming them all? We're supposed to have a ciccada invasion here this spring/summer but, I've not gotten any yet. The dogs must be keeping them away.

Karen - I promise I'll get my ressie number to you tomorrow. I just keep forgetting it when I come up to the office. Can't wait for the internet to be hooked up.

Shari - thanks for taking off the password for the site you made up. I had lost it and couldn't access anything. It was nice to be able to get it. Great job by the way. I also noticed how many of us are on the same decks... should make TOT easier on the little ones.

KEH
06-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Carolyn, it's so nice to have you back. Let me know when you get your e-mail sorted out so we can message you.

Dena, I envy you so much living so near WDW. Did you get your MHSSHP tickets sorted out. We are definitley going on the 26th. We have already got Sunday 24th down as an Epcot day - we are so looking forward to seeing you again

Ginger, I will PM you with our last name and stateroom as I can't remember if I've already done it. We are definitely in for High Tea. What day did we say? I'm having a senior moment and can't seem to remember anything at the moment. (Emma, if you read this, no comments please!)

Only 150 days to go. It seems to have been very quick getting down from 350 days so it will soon be here.

Rose_Greenthumb
06-02-2004, 04:39 PM
A senior moment?! Good heavens no! When would my mum ever have been known to have one of those?!

Jamashp
06-03-2004, 07:52 AM
Wow, we're getting close. Less than 150 to go!!:Pinkbounc :sunny:

mdvasquez
06-03-2004, 07:59 AM
LESS THAN 150 YEA!!!!!!:jumping1:

"Ginger"
06-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Welcome Michelle, I just replied to your last email. Glad you figured it our and found your way to us.

Hi Carolyn, welcome back. Still working on the froggie round-up project. They should all be relocated by the end of today. Yes, Ashley started to give them all names. Leggy, Hoppy, Blue Boy, Gilly, on and on....

Yes, Dena inflation hit the Rad too. Glad you had a great time at the World's resorts sure wish I could have been there with you all.:sunny:

I've got today off from work, so I need to get off the this computer and get my big fat fanny outside and get some much needed work done.:wave2:

mhb
06-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I was just wondering, what do all of you do about excursions? I have never been to the islands and would like to know what our family of 5 can do that would be worth the money. Also, besides DCL how do I go and book something else?

Thanks, MHB:wave: :earsboy: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

"Ginger"
06-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Good Morning All:wave:

Michelle, my little family and I always see and do on our own, no DCL excursions.
I research about the islands before we go to decide what there is there of interest to us. Once on the island we either get a cab or rent a vehicle.
This will be our 4th time going on the Eastern cruise so we've pretty much got it down.
At St.Maarten we're going to get a cab to St.Martin where we will get the ferry to Anguilla and spent what time we have on the beach, Shoal Bay East beach.
At St.Thomas we're going to go to St.John for the day of sun and fun.

If anyone is interested in joining us on our adventures to these islands you are welcome. I know Karen (KEH) and her family want to go to Anguilla. I will be collecting the must current information about going there and have it posted before October.

"Ginger"
06-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm not sure what happened to Judi, she has not replied to any of my message. I do hope things are alright and that she will be joining us soon.

In the meantime I thought I would get the list started for all of us to view.
If you are interested in participating in our T-or-T please PM me or send me an email with the following information. I'll need to know if you have children. If so their first names and ages (13 and under please). Also, if your stateroom will be one that the children can visit for goodies. Your stateroom number please.
I will keep the list update weekly.

Also, if your interested in High Tea on Monday you can send me a message with your information. First and last name along with your stateroom number is needed for me to make ressies. There is a $5.00 (DCL not me) charge for this event.

mhb
06-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks Ginger for getting the T or T together. As I have said before I'm still having trouble getting on the Halloween Magic forum. It won't let me post anything. I did give my information to Taswira and she was kind enough to post me of the cruisers list. I do think I would like to meet everyone for High Tea and when it gets closer I'll let you know. How do you go about doing that?

Also, Does anyone know what DCL will do for our group? I did read in these boards that they will do something if we had 8 rooms booked. Well, we do. Do I just call them? Thanks for all the help.

Hope all have a good week. Back to school and work. OUr kids are almost done. How about all of you?

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

Rose_Greenthumb
06-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Nobody panic, it's ok! I now know that yeast respires aerobically when feeding on sugar to produce alcohol and carbon dioxide. When the solution gets to about 15%, the yeast dies of alcohol poisoning and that is how alcohol is made.

Biology exam in an hour and a half!

taswira
06-07-2004, 07:12 AM
<B>mhb</B> - No worries. It's just a low-feature mini-forum and you have to register separately for that forum. There is a place there to do that. But activity there waned so the DIS is the place to be!

The <I>website</I> for the cruise is public access now and has been for some time.

I noticed you also join my Boardnation <I>MagicalDisney Community</I> board and were visible as logged in, so hopefully all is well there. But although some from this cruise are members, it is not a requirement as the DIS is where the organizing for this is taking place.

<B>Ginger</B> - If you end up taking over the T-O-T completely from Judi, do take a look at the Cruiser List on the website, as it has many confirmed "Yes" with stateroom numbers.

Shari
aka "Taswira"

"Ginger"
06-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Good Morning all:wave2:
I have today off from work as you can see since I've got time to post. I've got to put my Jeep in the shop for new brakes, an alignment and new tires before I take it back on the road to work. So I got online to find a place close by home to do all the work for me. But I thought I'd stop in here first for a quick chat. LOL!

Emma the people cruising on Aug. 20, 2005 will love you. After reading their thread it sounds like a few of them would like to have your Bio recipe. Just kidding if any are reading this, well maybe.

Shari thanks I'll do just that to get the list started. I'm sure we'll have alot of late joiners. I do hope that Judi returns. If she doesn't I hope she contacts me with her information. I have been posting on your site hoping for replies. Even thou you've made it public it's still more private than here.

Michelle, who booked your 8 staterooms? Was it a travel agent or did someone in your group book for all. I recall reading about group gatherings but I do believe there is a small fee for the specials they offer you. Do call your TA or DCL about it.

O.K. I'm off to find a repair shop before I get called into work without a vehicle.

Boy, I'm having an off day all around today. Please pardon my errors.

taswira
06-07-2004, 08:26 AM
<B>Ginger</B> - the mini-forum still requires registration with SparkLit, the forum host. My own <I>MagicalDisney Community</I> also requires registration, but I was pointing out that it is not necessary for those on this cruise to join that board. The <I>Halloween Magic 2004</I> website is what I previously had password protected, which is now public.

Lynda Silk
06-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Re excursions, we've reserved with Lucky Stables in St. Martaan to go horseback riding (or in my case, horseback walking). I think it's $50 per person and you go for a 2 hour tour. It includes riding your horse in the water along the beach! I have been assured that beginner riders will have no problem ( I'm really hoping this is true because I've never ridden before, but my family love to ride!).

In St. Thomas, we've booked with a man named Godfrey to go on his tour. I heard about him from the boards on cruisecritic and people raved about him. He picks you up at the ship and takes you to the shopping area. He picks you up at 12pm and takes you for a tour in a safari jeep (seats around 20-25 people). He then drops you off at a beach (there are 3 beaches to choose from: Coki, Saphire and Magens (sp?). ) and will pick you up at 4pm. and take you back to the ship. Now the Magic departs at 4:45pm so we're skipping the beach part and returning to the ship at 2pm. I hear that this is a good package for first timers in St. Thomas and it only costs $20 per person. Godfrey is apparently a very kind man, is extremely knowledgeable about the area and takes very good care of you.

If anyone needs additional info, just email or pm me! None of these are ship excursions obviously so you have to make your arrangements.

Rose_Greenthumb, it must be nice knowing you have people from all over North America pulling for you during these exams! Good luck!

Rose_Greenthumb
06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
It is nice to know! It was rather an awful exam, I feel a bit like it was a pointless exercise spending all that time revising for it. And as if that wasn't bad enough, we were all conducting a hearty post mortem of it, complaining about how difficult it was when the class know it all comes out and says it was easy. We all looked as if we were about to stab her with our pens so she decided to make a hasty retreat! On the plus side, it was deemed a very difficult exam by all the science teachers who looked at it so the marking should reflect that.

And the worst part is, my recipie didn't even come up!

Lynda Silk
06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
It's funny, there always has to be at least one know-it-all in the class! Oh well, it looks like you guys handled her well!

At least the exam is over!!!! How many more do you have?

Rose_Greenthumb
06-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Thirteen! Maths tomorrow so it's only going to get worse since little miss know it all is a mathematical genius too!

Lynda Silk
06-07-2004, 10:33 AM
You have 13 exams left to write????!!! Oh my goodness, you're definitely going to need that cruise in October!!! Oh well, don't worry, we're all pulling for you and thinking positive thoughts with lots of pixie dust attached!

mhb
06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the insight on Godfreys. Does anyone else know of what to do on St Maarten? Heard from others it's not as nice as other islands. We would still like to see it.

Ginger, I hope your car was not too expensive.
Today was my last official day of work for the summer. I'll only go in a couple of hrs a week. :sunny:

I'm so excited about going. Since this is our first cruise with the children I'm trying to get them involved. We were given a great site to check out things. DCLTrubite.com has anyone else been on?

To Rose_greenthumb: What are u studing?

Hope all exams go well.

:wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :sunny: :earsgirl:

Rose_Greenthumb
06-09-2004, 06:07 AM
I'm taking English, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, French, IT, RE, Catering, History and Drama.

The Maths exam was ok. I only needed 10% for a B, 32% for an A and 66% for an A* and that was spread over two papers. I think I got at least 50% so that went well. I had French listening this morning which I was dreading but it went really really well so I'm pleased. Chemistry revision this afternoon and a second English exam tomorrow morning.

I think I should just plan on marrying a nice disney prince and moving into the castle. I don't think you need many qualifications for that do you?! Or even better I shall be a permenant resident of the Disney Magic somehow.

mhb
06-09-2004, 07:09 AM
You made me laugh. We all wanted to marry a prince. Some of use did, but I still have to work. Maybe after the little princes and princesses we want to go to work. Exams will be over soon. It sounds as if you're doing great.

Has anyone been able to give me insight on St. Maarten?

Thanks.:earsgirl: :wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :sunny:

Lynda Silk
06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Rose_Greenthumb, I like your thinking! But as mhb says, most of us did marry our princes but we're still working!!!! Good luck on those exams; boy, you sure have a heavy curriculum!

mhb, you could check out the Ports of Call board on www.cruisecritic.com for ideas re St. Maarten. Just go to the website, click on Boards, then go right down to the bottom and click on Ports of Call. A list of destinations will come up; just click on St. Maarten.

"Ginger"
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Michelle we've been to St. Maarten 3 times once we went to a beach, once we just hung around the town shopping for Tropical night clothes once we left the island altogether and discovered Anguilla a small island not to far from the St. M's. We love it there so much that we are going back again this year while the Magic is at port in St. Maarten. The beaches are so much nicer and the people are much much friendlier.

There is horse back riding, a butterfly farm lots of beaches too on St. Maarten. Great shopping and gambling you could go over to the French side of the island St. Martin and tour there.

mhb
06-09-2004, 01:53 PM
:wave2: Thanks for the ideas Lynda and Ginger. I will try to see what else we could do. Ginger: How about getting back to the ship. I've read that the traffic gets pretty bad. How long are we in port?

With 2 teenage boys we may want to stay away from the French side. Although my oldest speaks some French it may not be a good mix.;)

Would it be a better idea to just stay on the ship. I've heard that it's not a bad idea.

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

dan and scott
06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Well guys I guess it is time that I officially join this thread. A couple of you have known for a while that we were coming, but have been so busy with summer, work and another cruise that I didn't want to post here yet.

So here it goes:

We are from Mansfield, Oh and this will be our 9th Disney cruise. With our 8th cruise just 5 weeks prior, and our 10th 8 weeks after this one!

Dan 32
Scott 37 (38 when we cruise! LOL)
No stateroom # yet
Late dining

Well thats all for now.

Take care
Dan and Scott

taswira
06-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey Dan and Scott! I'm glad you are still with us. :teeth:

I've had you on <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html">the Cruiser List</A></B> for some time now, but just added your other "info." BTW - I do list the ages at time of cruising if provided, so Scott is listed as 38.

Nice to be cruisin' with you again. ;)

Shari
aka "Taswira"

DMS_cruisers04
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Welcome guys! Glad to have you aboard. :)

Wanted to post this over here for us in case anyone misses it on the main board (like that could happen), but apparently DCL will be offering soda for free. :earseek: ::yes:: :bounce:

Check out the thread here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=585591) if you haven't seen it yet.

Hope the exams are going well Em.

taswira
06-10-2004, 02:53 PM
DCL has made considerable price increases this year for most sailings. Those who booked their cruises prior to the increases and are soda drinkers will benefit from the decision. Those who book from this day forward and are <I>not</I> soda drinkers are, in truth, helping pay for all that soda. You know the saying - <I>Nothing in life is really "free."</I>

However, those who are already booked through AAA Travel <I>will</I> get the special shipboard credit to compensate for what they were previously getting "free."

Enjoy, folks!

mhb
06-10-2004, 04:30 PM
What about those of us that booked through DVC? I have 3 children and I know they enjoy a soda or two (3,4,5) during the day. Especially when I'm not watching.

How much will this cost me? I've heard there may be places to get some free.:wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :earsgirl: :wave:

taswira
06-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Soda will be "free" to ALL GUESTS at the 24-hour (or thereabouts) drink station aft on Deck 9, and at Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet during their operating hours, as well as during your scheduled sit-down meals, and will also be "free" at Castaway Cay.

You will need to PAY for soda if ordering room service, as well as in the bars/lounges.

The rest of the "news release" was applicable only to those booked through AAA, who normally get the free soda mug and soda, so they have to be compensated with onboard credit.

KEH
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd check in. Well it beats working which is what I should be doing.

Ginger, how are we doing with interest for High Tea? This is something we have never managed to try so it would be great to do it this time.

Dena, any word on Brendan joining us? The boys are in touch with him but you know teenage boys, they never tell you anything.

Carolyn, don't forget that ressie number!

Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend.

Karen

Rose_Greenthumb
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I can do the single digit dance! Only 9 more exams left!

taswira
06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Just an FYI regarding High Tea ressies -

DCL has often had problems with letting one person make ressies for a large group, thereby leaving little or nothing open for other Guests who have stood in line.

On a couple of my cruises, they refused to let an individual book for the entire group. They said one person from each stateroom (unless multiple staterooms have been booked or reservations are linked) had to show up and stand in line to book. Otherwise it was unfair to all the other Guests.

They seem to be inconsistent in this policy. We can always <I>hope</I>. But since spaces for High Tea are very limited, it would be disappointing to count on this and be relaxing at the embarkation lunch when one should be standing in line.

It's just a thought. Hopefully they will allow the reservation. Unfortunately, it would do no good to call and ask DCL about this, because they have no control over the restaurants except requests to link dining seating in general.

KEH
06-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that info Shari.

Ginger, do we need to rethink? Or are our numbers small enough for it not to matter do you think?

"Ginger"
06-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

Well I don't know what to say concerning the High Tea. Right now we are at 9 people. I surely don't mind making the ressie for everyone but Shari has a good point. DCL just might tell me NO! They never have in the pass but who's to say what changes they will make. Anyway if that were to happen then I would have no way of getting in contact with everyone. Maybe it would be best that everyone make their own reservations, we could all ask to be place together as a group. In the past I have used the name "THE DIS GROUP" to make ressies at Palo. I think that would be easy enough for us all to remember when we are making this reservation.

Hey!!!!:wave: Dan and Scott is this your year to cruise or WHAT!!!!
Dan will Mom be cruising with us too????

Michelle we've never had any problems getting back to the ship, we do watch our time. We'll be leaving Anguilla with enough time to get back to St. Maarten to do a little shopping.

To bad I'm not a soda drinker. I guess I'll have to bring good stuff to mix in it. LOL

Got to go pack, Bill is in the State's Safe Truck Driving Championship again this year. Hope he wins this year too so we can get another free vacation comp's Frito-Lay. Can't remember were the National are going to be held this year, last year we went to Ohio. It was great fun. Wish us luck.

mhb
06-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Good Luck Ginger. I guess Bill is your DH. Well good luck to him.

Maybe I'll join you for High Tea, but was just wondering, from what I've been reading we have to put our ressies in as soon as we get on board right? Since this is our 1st cruise, is Palo's worth the money? I hear there is a charge for dinner.

Oh, are children allowed in for High Tea? My DD (11) would love it.

Thanks, Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

KEH
06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
mhb, Palo is more than worth the money for brunch and dinner. the food is wonderful and there is so much of it! Definitely go for it. I haven't done High Tea yet but am hoping to this time.

Palo is over 18's at all times so I'm afraid your DD won't be able to go to the tea. My DD is 16 and is hoping I will bring her back a chocolate eclair.

As for reservations, yes book as soon as you board. But if you are unlucky, it is always worth calling Palo to see if they have any cancellations.

mhb
06-13-2004, 09:58 AM
KEH-How much is Palo? I have heard from RCL cruiser that their Dining was about an extra $20.

Has anyone ever brought wine on the plane ride down? Or should I try to buy some in the airport. We will be flying in the same day as the cruise and then taking DCL transportation.

Hope everyone has a good week.
:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

KEH
06-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Michelle, Palo makes a $10 per person charge for both brunch and dinner. I believe High Tea is $5 per person. Trust me it is more than value for money. Tips for wait staff are on top of course and the service in Palo is EXCELLENT.

I have never taken wine on board but I believe if you plan to drink it in the dining rooms you will be charged a corkage fee.

Karen

mhb
06-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Karen: Thanks for the info on the corkage fee. I was really planning to drink some wine before dinner or in the evening with my DH. I can bring a corkscrew in my luggage. Have you ever had the wine package? I just read on the other boards that the wine package my be worth the money. Sounds as it I'm a bit of a drinker.:D (LOL) We do enjoy some with dinner.

I also don't no which night to plan dinner at Palo's. When do you find out what your rotation is? Again, this is our 1st cruise with DCL and all of you seem to know so much.

Thanks again
Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

KEH
06-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Michelle, we haven't done the wine package as we wanted the freedom to choose some wines that weren't on there and some nights we just had the drink of the day instead of wine. You can take unused bottles home I think but as we were travelling back to the UK I wasn't too keen on having them in our luggage all that way.

You will know your rotation for dinner when you get yuor Key to The World card at check in. It will have letters on it which will say something like LAPLAPL.

L is Lumieres
A is Animator's Palate
P is Parrot Cay

I believe that formal and semi formal nights on the Eastern are Sunday and Thursday (whether formal night will be on Sunday as it is Halloween and I guess many people might want to wear Halloween costume). Tuesday is Tropical Night. On your first visit to Animator's Palate, you will see the colour change show - the walls go from black and white to colour over the course of the meal. This won't happen on yuor subsequent visits to AP.

Hope that helps.

Karen

mhb
06-14-2004, 06:52 AM
Thanks Karen. I have called Disney and I do need to call back today or tomorrow, but I do believe they told me that Formal night may not be on Halloween. I will let yuou know whenever I find out.

Since we have the early dinner I think that if we plan to go to Palo I will need to do this on a sea day.

If I make a ressie for Palo and decide to chage or not go, (of course I would let them know) would they still charge me? May want to make the ressie and then decide.

Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

KEH
06-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Michelle, I believe that if you cancel before about 3pm on the day of your dinner ressie, you won't be charged. not sure about Brunch - probably the evening before.

Please let me know what you find out about Halloween and formal night. My DD wants to wear her Halloween costume but also has a beautiful formal dress.

Karen

taswira
06-14-2004, 07:47 AM
A couple of considerations about evening dining at Palo - -

The view is usually better when in port because you can look out and see the lights of the city. <I>Most</I> of the time at sea, it will just be dark outside with nothing to look at. Also, since it will be the latter part of hurricane season, if the seas happen to be a bit rough, that can really put a damper on the dining experience.

These are the reasons <I>I</I> personally would choose an in-port evening for Palo if possible.

mhb
06-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Great idea. I guess that will be one of the hardest ressies to get. I guess I'll try for Tues/Wed night, And since we will have been with the children all day it might be nice to have some alone time.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!!

Lynda Silk
06-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to confirm that we wanted to go to High Tea on the Monday at 4:30 p.m. and when I'm making my ressie, I should tell them that I'm part of the DIS Group; is that correct?

Also re formal night, do you think that they will just move formal night to another night so that people can wear Halloween costumes on the Sunday night, or will they just not have formal night at all?

Thanks!

KEH
06-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Lynda, I think they may swap formal and semi formal night over.

alwatlers
06-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Sorry I haven't been around but since school let out for the boys, I have been busy. I am keeping track of everyone that I get an email from for T & T. I will post the information by this weekend so we can make sure that everyone who is going is on the list.

Sorry Ginger, didn't get any messages. But we are still ago for the cruise. Hubby is getting excited about it.

email me if you haven't so I can add your names to the list.

alwatlers@aol.com

I'll check back later.

Judi

DMS_cruisers04
06-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Judi, glad to see you're still going with us and that everything is okay. We were a little worried about you.

Michelle, thanks for checking on formal night for us.

mhb
06-16-2004, 10:13 AM
:wave2: Just spoke with DCL and they are 99% sure Formal night will be on another night. Isn't this just what we all thought?::yes::

Quick question Judy: Since most of you have been on the Halloween cruise before, how does the T or T work between Disers and DCL?

Lynda Silk: How can you book resies for High Tea so early? I was just on with them (I go through DVC), and was told I couldn't book anything till 60 days out.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not sure.

Thanks:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

Lynda Silk
06-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi Michelle!

Sorry, but I didn't mean that I was making the ressie for Palo's in advance; I meant when I got on the ship! I just wanted to make sure I gave them the right information. But now that you've told me that you can make them 60 days in advance, I'll have to mark my calendar!

Sorry for the confusion! And I guess we'll find out what actual day formal night will be sometime in the future? Doesn't DCL know what obsessive planners some of us are and that we need this information asap?!!!! LOL! At least, I am an obsessive planner!

sumfun
06-16-2004, 10:24 AM
some of you may have seen my post on the community board, my ds al was in a very bad accident he is finally home after 25 days , 22 of which were spent in the picu. thankfully he is still with us but i think it will be quite a while before we can cruise again. of course when the rehab is done and all is well we are going to celebrate with a cruise on our favorite ship , the magic.
i hope you all have a magical time we wish we could be with you.
tomi:wave2:

Lynda Silk
06-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi Tomi,
Just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear the news about your son and I'm glad he's home again. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and will hope for an easy recovery for him. Too bad about the cruise but you can always do it once your son is better.

"Ginger"
06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi All:wave2:

Tomi I am so sorry to hear about your sons accident. I am glad he is home recovering with your care. I hope he gets better real soon. Your next cruise will have so much more special meaning.

Judi thank goodness your back, I thought I was going to have to take over the T-or-T'ing event. I was getting worried thinking, when was I going to have the time to get it together.

BTW, Bill is my DH, and he did just awful in the contest. Oh well!!!! there's always 2006. There is 2005 but he can't compete in it next year cause we'll be going on the Aug 20, bring the Magic home cruise.

Michelle our T-or-T works by our children( those who have been signed up for it with Judi) only going to our staterooms, again only those of us who have signed up here with Judi to participant. alwatlers@aol.com

Lynda Silk
06-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Too bad about your DH's results in the Safe Truck Driving Competition; does this mean you don't get to go to Nationals either?

mhb
06-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Tomi:
Sorry to hear of your DS's car accident. We will also keep him in our prayers.

Ginger: Hope your DH can come back in 2006 and do well. Someone asked me how old the children can be to T or T. My 13 DS would love to go but I thought I read that he was too old. Our friends have a DS 12 and they would love to go together.

Lynda Silk: I just read another board that someone booked their Spa, Palo and something else. I'll have to go back and see what that was all about.

Oh, by the way, I am an obessive planner. LOL I have no idea why I need that info but I NEED TO HAVE IT!!!!

Lynda Silk
06-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm with you, Michelle! My DH thinks I'm crazy but I agree, when you want the info, you want if RIGHT NOW!

mhb
06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Lynda Silk: When I went back I found that the person had booked the Romance Pkg and was able to book her Palo, Spa and something else. I also don't think I can book anything except excursions 60 days out, but will certainly be on the phone with them in a couple of days. Going to Baltimore Harbor next week.

Has anyone ever not done the DCL transportation? When I booked it yesterday the young lady told me I could save $65 if I went with Yellow Bus. Just wondering if anyone has ever used them. Are they reliable? On time? Handle me bags? Like the idea that I don't see the bags till after they come to my stateroom.

Thanks Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

Lynda Silk
06-18-2004, 08:11 AM
I'll try to give DCL a call myself but things are a little hectic right now so it might not be right away. If I find anything out, I'll post it for sure! Thanks again!

"Ginger"
06-18-2004, 08:13 AM

Got today off from work YAHOOO!!!!! It's been hot here.:earseek:

Lynda, no National this year. DH would have had to come in first placed in his catagory, which was driving 18 wheeler tankard truck around the course. That not the type of truck he is use to driving but he can. Frito-Lay has different kinds of trucks but not tankards.

Michelle, Why are you going to the Inner Harbor??? Business or pleasure??? What day are you going to be be there????? I ask because we live about 20 miles from there. Never heard of Yellow Bus, is it something new?
I think the cut off age for t-or-t'ers was age 13.

It's 60 days before we sail for ressies for excursion. But if your booked in Cat. 1, 2, or 3 you can make all your ressies ahead of time through Concierge services. I've also been reading about the Romance Package which allows you early bookings.

We've never had problems getting the ressies we wanted when we've cruised in the fall. But it does help if you board the ship early. We've been told by CM at Palo that if you can't get the night you want to check with them for cancelation the day of, or just show up and ask if they can get you in, they usually can.
We had dinner 2 nights last year plus 1 brunch and I had High Tea. Our DD loves to eat with the kids clubs so we enjoyed ourselves at Palo.

For the Spa we booked the Rain Forest for the week. It was great.:Pinkbounc

Oh Gosh Girls!!!! I sure wish we were on the Magic now. We'd be at Castaway Cay today soaking up the sun and swimming in her beautiful blue water. I'm making myself sad, got ot go for now.
You'll have a great day. See you soon.
Ginger:wave2:

DMS_cruisers04
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks Ginger (he said in his deepest, most gravely voice)! :laughing: Being, primarily, a stay-at-home Dad, one gets used to being 'one of the Girls'.:rotfl:
Sorry to hear about Bill's tankard troubles. So how'd you swing being off work today anyhow?:scratchin

Michelle, Yellow Bus must be something new. There was a thread on the cruise board a few days back (they all run together after awhile:crazy: ) and someone else mentioned it. I'll see if I can find it for you. edit: Ha! That was your post I saw that in Michelle, guess I don't need to post a link. Where is that little smiley with the egg on his face?

Everyone have a good day! :sunny:

Rose_Greenthumb
06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
three more exams! This time next week I'll have finished them all and I don't need to think about them until results day on the 26th August! Hoorah!

I fully intended on doing lots of revision this afternoon but I went for a nap at 2 and didn't wake up until 3:50! Oh well...

I've made the fatal mistake of reading trip reports and now I really cannot wait to go!

MLB
06-18-2004, 02:41 PM
:wave2: Howdy, cruisers! My friend and message board guru (Michelle ) told me about this board and I wanted to (try) to get in the groove! I'm taking the Halloween cruise with my 10-year-old daughter and have the basics worked out (flight, transportation, early dinner res.), but don't have a clue about how to book any of the high tea events or excursions. Do we book those once we're on the ship, or do I need to do something in advance?

This is our very first Disney Cruise!!! I've heard that there's an excursion that involves swimming with dolphins -- does that ring true to anyone? Was a piece of info provided to me by one of my daughter's 11-year-old friends, so I'm wonderin'...

Thanks for any guidance and I hope to meet you guys on board. (Especially any single moms or dads traveling with 10 - 12 year old girls....)

Margie (MLB)

SweetSpot
06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Margie and welcome to disboards.... soon you will be an addict too!

There is a dolphin excursion available in St. Maarten. DCL's website describes it as:

Anguilla Dolphin & Stingray Encounter (7 - 7.5 hours)

You will get the opportunity to feed and touch stingless stingrays before you swim, feed and play with dolphins while learning fascinating facts about them. There will be plenty of photo opportunities, so don't forget your camera (underwater cameras are not allowed in the water). For a perfect ending to a memorable morning, take time for fun and sun on the beach at beautiful Meads Bay, where you can enjoy an authentic Caribbean barbecue lunch.

Adult Price: $180 (ages 10 and above)
Child Price: $158 (ages 5-9)
Departure Time: 7:30 am

Observer, Anguilla Dolphin & Stingray Encounter

Go along for the ride! If you'd like to accompany a friend or family member on the Anguilla Dolphin & Stingray Encounter, this is the option for you. You'll stay high and dry while watching your loved one interact in the water with the stingrays and dolphins. Afterwards, you'll be able to enjoy lunch and beach time together before returning to the ship.

Adult Price: $125
Child Price: $100 (ages 3 and older)
Departure Time: 7:30 am

I've never done it but considered it last year. It is a very long day and very expensive for a larger family so we chose to wait and do the dolphin swim when we go on the Western next year. If you do a search you will read other peoples reviews of the excursion. You can also do this on your own but it is in Anguilla which requires making certain connections and I didn't think I wan't to take a chance missing one and being late getting back to the ship.

You are able to book excursions at the 60 day mark. Certain excursions get filled fast so if you have your heart set on something you should call then. Unless you have purchased the REAS (Romance at Sea) package or are in a cat 1, 2 or 3 you have to wait until you board to make you Palo high tea, brunch or dinner and spa reservations. High tea goes fast so if you really want it you should be in line to board the ship early.

Have fun reading the boards. Soon you will as obsessed as the rest of us.

mhb
06-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi Margie: Welcome to the boards. I think you'll be hooked in just a few days.

Ginger: We are leaving NJ on Tues morning. I'll PM you with all the info if you want. Let me know on the boards. We'll be there for 3 nights, till Friday morning. Just a quick vaca. DH needs to get away from work. It would be great to meet up if we can arrange it.

Have to go Movies in the park tonight. Be on in the morning.

See ya,
Michelle

MLB
06-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Sweetspot!! The dolphin and ray swim sounds like so much fun. Once we hit the 60 day mark, do we make reservations directly through DCL or through the travel agent? My daughter would love that!

Talk to you tomorrow, Michelle! enjoy the movie!

Best, Margie:Pinkbounc

SweetSpot
06-18-2004, 06:45 PM
At the 60 day mark you call (877) 566-0968 to book the excursion. Normally DCL won't talk to you if you have a TA but I called this number and was able to book my (or reserving CC floats) on the first cruise. I think our 60 day mark is August 31st.

I have yet do do one of those movies in the park. Someday...

drm
06-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I think I am finally doing this correctly. Also traveling with Michelle on the Halloween cruise. We have a large group with many children. However there are none the same age as my DD who is 13. She would love to get to know someone before cruise time. She loves to talk on the computer. I had to throw her off so I could post this message.
Debbie:earsgirl:
drm

mhb
06-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Good Morning everyone. Glad to see you are all on (DRM, MLB).

Sweet Spot you sound like a TA yourself::yes:: I'll have to email you with some more questions. By the way the movie was Finding Nemo and we were all there. Next time we'll let you know.

Ginger: When I get off this board I'll Pm you with the details.

Emma: It's hard to believe you're still taking exams. When we get on the ship I'd love to hear about all of them. Seems like here in the states they are done different.

By the way, I will be calling Disney on Monday to find out more about this other way to get to the port. Seems like DCL may not be the way to go for our family of 5. If I can save some money and still get there in one piece, with no headaches that may be the way to go.

DMC_cruisers04: Thanks for trying to check for me, but I thought I would find someone on the main board faster. Seems people really do read everything. LOL

Well, I better get to the garden before it gets too hot.

See you all later.
Michelle :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

Jamashp
06-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi Michelle,

There must be some sort of deal for towns with movies. Our town (Allentown, NJ - Exit 7A off NJ Turnpike) just had free movies in the park on Friday night too. And yes, it was also Finding Nemo.

We had softball (as always it seems), so we missed it. Looked like it would have been a lot of fun.

Enjoy your quick get-away to Florida.

Scott

PS - We are also a family of 5. We decided to rent a minivan from Budget to/from port.

DMS_cruisers04
06-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Scott, think you're right. We've several places that do movie night. And more than not they are Disney movies.

Michelle, let us know what you hear about Yellow Bus. Also price out a few options. I checked DCL transfers, FLTours for a town car and Hertz (DW is a Gold #1 member) and the rental came in lowest (although we're only three) for two one-way rentals (10/28 -10/30 and 11/6 - 11/8).

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Have great day! :wave:

mdvasquez
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon everyone. It's been a while since I've posted. You all have been busy chatting away.

WELCOME MARGIE!:wave:

Well, my DS is officially finished with high school.:crazy: We had a small graduation party for him the night before grad. And the ceremony was on the 5th of June in the evening. It was a beautiful night, but a little sad for me.:sad: One down and three more to go.:teeth:

KAREN: I think that Brendan will be cruising with us. He is working three days a week for the summer, so he will have some money to go.

Have a great day everyone.

mdvasquez
06-21-2004, 12:47 PM
DEBBIE: I have a 13 DD who will be cruising with us. If your daughter is interested in chatting with her, send me a pm.

DENA::MinnieMo

DMS_cruisers04
06-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Congrats to your DS, Dena!! :cheer2:

mhb
06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone. It's funny that we have all had the same movie in the park. Here I thought we would be the only one.::yes:: LOL

Anyway , I didn't get to Disney today and will not until we get back from Baltimore Harbor. I'm trying to get a hold of Ginger. She told me she only lives 20 miles from there. Where are you Ginger?:hyper:

I'll call when we get back and let everyone know.

Dena: I'll tell Debbie about your daughter. She is a good friend of mine and we are traveling together. That would be great. They are looking for a 13yo DD for her. Congrats to your DS
about high school. My 1st is going into 10th. 3 more yrs to go.

Scott; Sorry to tell you but we are not going to FL, but to MD. It's only about 2 1/2 hrs for here. FL is too hot for me now. Looking forward to it in NOv. though!!!!::yes::

Oh well, better get packing. I'll be on one more time before we leave. Hope you all have a Great week.

Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

"Ginger"
06-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi all!:wave2:

Mike sorry about that.

Michelle I wish we could meet up but I've got to work all week.:( I do hope that you and your family have a great time.

Dena congrats on getting #1 DS graduated from HS, now off to college.

Welcome to our new members.

Got the new Oriental Trading catalog yesterday, lots of great Halloween stuff. If anyone is interested you can view online at www.orientaltrading.com

Got to go today is my only day off this week and I've got a ton of things to do. DH is building an addition to our deck to connect it to our house. I think our deck is going to be bigger than our house.
I going to bring pictures with me this year of our new house addition and th4 new deck addition.

See you all soon.

P.S. Judi could you give us a child head count. Trying to get some idea of what and how much I'll need to purchase for our T-or-T.

mhb
06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
:wave2: Sorry we can't meet up Ginger. We are leaving in about an hour. We will do the normal tourist things.

Hope your deck building is going ok. Talk to you all over the weekend.

What should I bring for the T or T? I'll be looking at the book soon.

Emma: How are finals? Over I hope.

Well off to our 1st family vaca this year. Bye All!!!:wave2:

Rose_Greenthumb
06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
The boys will be glad that Brendan's coming, I think I'll let my mum tell them though and any schemes they manage to come up with between now and then won't be due to me...

2 more exams! I had Physics this morning which was, well, Physics. It was easier than the Biology one at any rate but it was rather hard.

I was planning on doing some revision whilst hanging around for choir but you know these things never pan out that way. I ended up doing some jobs for the teacher who runs choir as she has a new office. We sorted some files, numbered some tickets and then shredded some paper. 3 bin bags we managed to fill! 3!!! I think there must have been about 300 of the same unused letter that we had to get rid of.

DMS_cruisers04
06-22-2004, 11:33 AM
No worries Ginger. Happens all the time, so it's always fun to joke about.
How many of you will be ordering from Oriental Trading?
We received our catalog too and started thinking about ordering some things to go with the candy we will most likely bring, but I'd hate for the kids to get all the same stuff.

Michelle, have a good trip.

Emma, good luck on your last exams.

vikingfans
06-22-2004, 01:04 PM
DMS

Had to laugh when you mentioned Oriental Trading. I used to work for them and they are based in Omaha, where I live. A fabulous place! Spend a lot of time at their outlet shop here in town!

You should see that shop at Halloween time! Packed with good stuff!!

Jamashp
06-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Any fellow New Jersey or Pennsylvania cruisers book their flights yet? I'm still waiting for Southwest to post their schedule for November. It only goes to late October currently.

Prices from Newark (Continental) are very high ($500+) Philadelphia is cheaper if you are willing to leave Orlando at 6:30AM on the Sunday after the cruise. (Not!)

Hopefully the Southwest fares will be out soon and that will force USAirways to match the rates. Then, I'll go ahead and finalize the flights.

Looking forward to it all!:bounce: In a little over two months we can start making ressies for excursions. After a year and a half, It's really getting close!

Scott

"Ginger"
06-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Wow!!!!! Scott those air fares are high. Ever think about driving? We drive down, it takes us about 17-18 hours. We leave home, Maryland not to far from the PA line, we're in Harford Co. around 8 p.m. and we are usually at the Radisson Port Canaveral Fla. by 1 or 2 p.m. sometimes earlier. My DH drives straight through, I do drive a few hours so he can get in a quick nap. We stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel and then once again to fuel up and grab a snack, also we do stop for a couple of potty breaks. Once we hit the Florida line we stop at the Florida info center for a few minutes. It runs us about $110. for fuel and meals, well that was last years fuel rates this year will be more I'm sure. BTW we drive a huge Ford Excursion, deisel of course, since DH drives a BIG TRUCK for a living.

Laura, I love OT but I sure couldn't work there, I'd spend my whole paycheck on junk. LOL
Mike I've got to check my left overs from the past few years to see what if anything I need. I know I need bubbles to start out our cruise.

"Ginger"
06-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Emma only 2 more to go, that's great. I know you'll have no problems with them, but Good Luck anyway.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Donnainnj
06-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Scott,
I to am watching airfares. Just got an e-mail about fares for Newark and AC that were really low, but they either are not available yet for those dates, or sold out. I am checking at least twice a day for Southwest to release past Oct 29th. I am tempted to purchase the oneway now, and then purchase the other way when it becomes available, but I don't think I am that couragous. Worst comes to worst we will drive, just got a new car, so we should be able to make it without breaking down. Really like flying out of AC because the airport is small, plus parking is cheap, but it doesn't look like it will happen this time.
Good Luck, and I will let you know if I see something.
Donna

DMS_cruisers04
06-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Scott and Donna, not sure if you know, but on Travelocity, you can setup fare watchers, five or six at a time I think, and you will get emails when prices change for the trips/airlines you are monitoring. I just booked the last 5 of us for our Sept. cruise, had Travelocity "watching" since before Christmas, $230 roundtrip Cincy to San Juan, talk about a GREAT deal. So don't get discouraged, something will come up.

drm
06-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Scott,
I would take the one way on Southwest if I were you. We already have air travel from Phila. I booked in December. Flights are tough and book quickly because this is NJ Teacher's convention week. We always go to Disney this week and seats go fast. I was afraid to wait for Southwest. Even though we booked in December I am flying 2 different airlines with a stop on the return trip. Good Luck.
Debbie
DRM:earsgirl:

mhb
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Hello everyone!!! We're back. Had a great time at the Harbor.

Weather was great, hotel was great, (new) and the family didn't fight as much as I thought.

Scott: I booked early Dec. also. The flights then were hard to get because of the convention, but if you keep checking around you can come up with them. I was online and on the phone for about 2 hrs. trying to get what I wanted. Since we are a family of 5 not too many seats available when we wanted to fly. I would book 4 online then go to book the next one and get prices 3 times higher.

Has anyone checked flight from Baltimore? I think you may be able to get flights from there if you are willing to drive to that airport.

Good Luck to both you and Donna.

Michelle
:wave::earsgirl: :sunny: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Rose_Greenthumb
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Exams are now officially over! I've done 16 in total which added up to something ridiculous like 26 hours worth.

I had an induction day at my college where I shall spend the next two years being educated yesterday. It was really weird because I saw 3 people I went to primary school with and haven't seen for about 5 years.

I have absolutely nothing to do now so I shall be totally at a loss of what to do with myself tomorrow!

mhb
06-25-2004, 06:24 PM
sleep::yes::

Donnainnj
06-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts on flights. I am still working on it. Michelle, it is funny you mentioned Baltimore, I was considering that option last night. I think that will be a last option, before driving. I know I really want to do non-stop, so again I will continue to watch Southwest. Does anyone know if there is rhyme or reason to when they extend thier reservation dates? Maybe at least a time of day that they are applied?
Thanks again.
Donna

mhb
06-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Donna: Have you tried to call them. Sometimes I found that it was just better to just give them a call. Since they need us to use them, not just online booking, they might be able to help you more. Just a thought. Where are you coming from? Central Jersey? Also, I might ask them what their thought is on booking your trip down and waiting on the return flight.

This is one reason I book in Dec. when USAir releases their flights. If prices come down they will reimburse me the difference. Or so they say.

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Donnainnj
06-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Michelle,
I am going to wait until the 29th and then I will call if nothing has happened yet. I can play with my dates some, don't want the kids to miss to much school but have some flexability. I was checking with other airlines out of Philly and it seems I could get some ok flights on Friday, Oct 29th real early, and going out pretty late on Monday, Nov 8th., for about $232 if the Southwest doesn't pan out. It is funny we have flown down this time of year before, and around Easter a couple of times, and never had this much trouble finding a good fare.
We are still undecided about what we will do with our extra days, most likely WDW, but may try Vero Beach if they have any specials. Again the airfare and the discounts on hotels will help us decide. It will be so hard to be at WDW without Annual Passes, would be the first time in many years. We would probably go to the Thursday Halloween party, if we are there then, and hit a water park, or Disney Quest (never did DQ before) the day before the cruise and then hit Epcot on the Saturday after the cruise. Epcot is our families favorite. Again that all depends on the flights.
Thanks for all the help,
Donna

mhb
06-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Donna, I was on early this morning and the usair flights were around 347. When I went into travelocity the flights were about $191. I'm sure you have seen all of these before. I do hope all pans out for you. How many people are you?

This will be our 4th time going at NJ convention so I know it's hard to get the flights and the price you want. Since we are 5 I try to book early. $1,000. for flights. Nothing to sneeze at.

Our price this year was $216. but return flight we go to Pitt. then to Philly. I could try to book 2, then 3 but not sure if I would get the same price.

Jamashp
06-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I just called Southwest to see when the schedule will be out for late October / early November. The agent stated they do not have that information. There is no system on when the schedule will be published, and I just need to keep checking back. Ugh!

I'm not too worried, maybe just slightly concerned. We are in central NJ (near Six Flags / Great Adventure), so we can go to Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Newark, and if all else fails it's a 90 minutes up to JFK or Laguardia. One of these airports will (positive thinking here) come in with an acceptable schedule and prices in the $250 range.

I'd book the one-way with Southwest now, except that would lock me into Southwest. I'm kind of hoping that once Southwest fares comes out, USAirways will match the fares since their schedule looks like a better fit to us.

Driving would be OK, except we just don't have that much time. As it stands now, the children will be missing three days of school. I need two days to drive down. I get too tired trying to drive through the night.

I'm sure it will all work out. I just want to check off this one last major item on our "to-do" list for the cruise.::yes::

Scott

"Ginger"
06-28-2004, 11:22 AM
I hate the airlines, they take no pity on us planners.

I thought most airlines would let you book 6 months in advance?

I'll be in your shoes next year searching for the best fares and times when we fly to Cal. for the Repo cruise.

Good Luck to all.

mhb
06-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Just checking to see is Scott or Donna were able to book their airfare yet.

Emma: what have you done with yourself since you've been out of school?

Ginger: Have you checked on airfare now. Sometimes it's cheaper the longer out you book. Maybe the rates aren't out yet.

Quick question...When will I receive my passporter, is it a package? I guess I should have an idea what I want to book before it comes so I can call right away. Is that correct?

"Ginger"
06-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Michelle, Glad you had a good time in Baltimore. Figures I would have to work when there is something fun I would rather be doing.
I've looked into the airfares to Cal. from BWI and from MCO. back to Bwi, still much to early to book.
You've got me lost here, what is a passporter? And what are you looking to book? Shore excursions? If so you can find info on that on the DCL site.

Karen I'm working on getting current info about traveling to Anguilla. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I collect everything.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone. I'll be home playing with my new pressure washer.:crazy:

SweetSpot
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Michelle: The Passporter is a book you can purchase that tells you all the ins and outs of a Disney cruise. Here's a link to it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1587710161/qid=1088565196/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-9900374-0960601?v=glance&s=books

You are suppose to receive information on available excursions after final payment. I never received them on my first cruise so I wouldn't count on it. You can find all the information on available excursions at DCL's website and then research one's that interest you here. At the 60 day mark, after final payment, you can call the excursion number and book your excursions. Some sell out fast so if you are interested you need try and call that day.

A couple weeks before your cruise you'll receive a package with your tickets (which have pages you should fill out ahead of time) luggage tags and information on gift baskets, tux rentals, etc. The trip will seem so real when this finally comes.

Also, I was in our Walmart the other day and looked to see if they still had the .97 lanyards with the plastic pouch on the end and they were there. They're easy to miss because they don't hang like other lanyards. They are in the watch department area and and have a red cardboard backing. We never used the ones we purchased but for .97 it doesn't hurt to have them.

mhb
06-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon everyone. We didn't go to the pool today so I'm on the boards. Maybe I just wanted a day to play here. LOL::yes::

Ginger: Do you go to the harbor just to walk around. My kids loved the science museum. We spent about 4 hrs in there and could have spent another 2. Ate more than I should, now I have to lose more weight. Only 4 months to lose. better get working on that. All the food we ate was great. Mo's Fishmarket was unbelievable. Too much food. Well maybe not.
:rotfl: Have fun with your pressure washer. I love to do the porch. Everything comes up so clean.

SweetSpot: Thanks, again you have so much info. Maybe you guys can come to the pool with us and I can ask a bunch of questions then. ::yes:: Not sure what to do about those KTTW cards. DS 15, will carry in his pocket. It's DD 11 I think might just put it down and forget about it. I'm talking with DRM about excursions now. I think we might venture on our own in ST Maarten, don't know what they will do. I would like to see the island and how they live, then spend some time on the beach. What about Dawn's Beach. Also a frined of mine was just there and said Great Bay Beach was manmade. Anyone know?

Thanks Again, Michelle
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Lynda Silk
06-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a good weekend a little early! It's Canada Day tomorrow for us Canucks so we get the day off and then most of us get the next day off as a "gift" from our employers! Most of us will be celebrating with backyard BBQs, picnics and watching parades and fireworks.

Hard to believe that June is almost over, but that just brings the cruise that much closer!

Just wondered if we knew how many kids we have so far for the TorTing? Judi, are you out there? Just thought I'd ask!

mhb
06-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, What do I say Happy Canadain Day!! Hope thats right. Enjoy your day.

Of course you already know we have 4th of July!! Our day for BBQ's, family, parades and my favorite Fireworks. I love Fireworks. ::yes::

Have a great time relaxing with family and friends, Lynda silk.

Lynda Silk
06-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks Michelle! And that's right, I didn't realize that the 4th of July was this Sunday! That's what having a very long weekend will do to me! So to all the Americans on our cruise, have a great July 4th! We can all give thanks that we live in such wonderful countries and that we're privileged to have luxuries such as the Disney Cruise!!

Have fun everyone!

SweetSpot
07-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Michelle:

I agree you really should see the island. I know there's a beach right near the boat but we didn't bother because we are beached out by Nov. and we wanted to try the shopping everyone talked about. Although we didn't like the town I'm really glad we went. Going into town is very easy. When you get off the ship there's a couple shops right there and a water taxi that will take you back and forth to the main town. We looked in jewelry shops, bought color changing shirts and beer and soda to bring back to the ship. I just didn't think it was worth the effort to do again but I wouldn't miss it the first time.

I know you've gone to the movies in the park, could you tell me what time they consider dusk? I really want to go but can't imagine taking them to a movie that starts at 9:00 and dealing with the bugs biting. Is it worth the effort?

Also, going on vacation next week and wondering if anyone has been to Smugglers Notch. I'm such a planner and can't find any information other than the basic stuff to help in the planning. How do people travel without all the information DIS provides?

Have a great day everyone,

Tracy

Jamashp
07-01-2004, 09:34 AM
Tracy,

I can't give you any specific info about Smugglers Notch, but I am familiar with Vermont. I was a ski bum for two years at Killington, and my wife attended University of Vermont. Smugglers Notch has a great family friendly reputation.

As far as a couple of attractions in the area, I suggest Ben & Jerry's tour of the plant (free ice cream at end), and also a trip to Burlington (outdoor dining, strolling). You can even take the ferry over Lake Champlain to Ausable Chasm. It's a fun (all day) trip. Look at http://www.ausablechasm.com

Vermont is beautiful. I know you will enjoy your vacation! ::yes::

Scott

mhb
07-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Tracy, I can't give you info on Smugglers Notch but I aways get the info sent in the mail to me. FYI-I was over at the KMART in Glassboro and they have their Snorkeling things on sale. I really don't think they know what their doing because it said 25% off and when I got to the counter it was 50%. I guess I'll go back and get some more. Nothing great, just a mask and the breathing thing.

The movies start about 8:30, last week we didn't get out till 11:15pm. A little late plus it was cold. I'll let you know which movie it is. For the rest of the summer they are on Thur. nights.

Scott: Did you get airfare yet?

Well GTG the kids are bugging me to go to the pool.

See Ya
Michelle

SweetSpot
07-01-2004, 03:17 PM
TY Scott for the info on Ausable Chasm. I've never heard of it and will look into it in case the programs at Smuggs don't work out for us. I can't wait to go to Ben & Jerrys and the other factory tours. We all love going on those tours and seeing how things are made. We went to Herrs Factory (among others) last year and it was amazing to see it all in production. I'm having a difficult time getting my head in vacation mode because I don't know anyone who's been there and have found mostly reviews for winter at Smuggs.

TY Michelle for letting me know about the sale. I need to check our good snorkling equipment and see if I need anything. The kids sneak things out every now and then to use in the pool and it ends up in the icky pool box. I was out today checking summer clothes clearance. I try to buy them extra stuff so they have nice looking clothes to wear on the ship. By Nov. all their summer stuff looks so worn. I'm surprised how early they've started clearance here. I'm having a hard time finding water shoes for one kid and it's only July 1!

I had a feeling the movies would go that late and my kids are early sleepers. I feel bad that we don't take advantage of all that the Township has to offer though.

Tracy

"Ginger"
07-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Shopping for summer clearances already YIKES!!!!! I better get moving, my DD needs some new shorts and tops. As for me I'm not ready to look for new clothes. I'm tring to get off the 20 lbs I gained back in early spring while I was sick.

Michelle, we just never get there, sad to say. Seems like when I'm off from work my DH is not. But, I have eaten at Mo's, YUMMY!!!! Did you go to Little Italy for any meals, did you see the Shot Tower, and the Flag House?

My DH and DD are taking in a Ball Game at Ripken Staduim tonight, hope they're having fun. I am.

Tracy, have a great time at Smuggler Notch, never been, but would love to hear all about it.

Someone asked for a head count for our T-or-T. I found an old post of Judi's listing some of the names, I'll see if I can't bring it forwarded.

Well folks, it's back to work for me tomorrow.
So I'll wish everyone a Happy and Safe 4th weekend.
Lynda, Happy Canadain Day to you and all of your Canucks:wave:

"Ginger"
07-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Okay Here's my list
Here is the list of people that I have received info from. If you don't see your name or family give me an email or pm and I will be glad to add your name to the list for T & T. Also there are a couple of you that haven't given me your room number yet. If you have it please let me know. Those with gty cat. just let me know your room once you get your docs!

Welcome Vikingfans to our family of Halloween cruisers. If you and your family would like to participate in our own Trick or treating just let me know. The more the merrier. Email me and I will let you know the details. alwatlers@aol.com.

Walters 7574 TJ 8 Alan 13 (YES)

Donnainnj Cat 11 Sarah 11 Erin 7 (Yes)

Dms_cruisers04 7503 Samantha 4 (Yes)

Ginger 2052 Ashley 7 (YES)

Jamashp 8528 Ashley 12 Jamie 10 Bryce 6 (YES)

Jaypd 6134 zach 4 (YES)

Jimbo 6098 & 6099 Kayla 10 Andrea 7 (YES)

Lynda Silk 7060 Robert 12 Elizabeth 10 (YES)

Keh and rose_greenthumb 7627 & 7629 (YES)

Mdvasquez Dd 13 (YES)

Njfamily 8030 Emily 7 Adam 5 (Yes)

Skoi 6018 Dd 1o Ds 6 (Yes)

Taswira 7628 (Yes)

Tluvs2talk 5001 (YES)

Jewelray 6015 Dd 10 (YES)

DORRDO RYAN 3 (YES)

SKOI(JULIE) SADIE 10 SIG 6 (Yes)

Disneediva 6087&6089 Austin 10 (Yes)

Bobness1950 Reagan 10 (Yes)

ShirelyR- 5520 Hunter 6 (YES)

Tmcg88 Mathew 13 Kenin 8
Kyle 7 Jackie 11
Ronnie 9 Kaitlin 13
Kara 12 Billy 14

Sweetspot Ds 12 dd 9

Rocadonismom 7567

CHEYSDAD Cheyene 8 Gabby 9
Julie 6 Christina 5

Rmmcruise Austin 9 Calvin 5
Mackay 5

If there is a (YES) with your name that means that you are participating and have confirmed it with an email or Pm

Thanks for all of the quick responses. Can't wait to meet everyone.

mhb
07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Tracy-I saw water shoes in Kmart today also. Alot!!! Do you need them for the cruise? When you get back from your vacation check out these dates and see if you want to see the movie.

Thrus. 7/15 Hulk
Thrus. 7/22 Rug Rats Gone Wild??
Thrus. 7/29 Spy Kids 3D (they have the glasses)
Thrus. 8/5 What a Girl Wants
Thrus. 8/12 Daddy Day Care
Thrus. 8/19 Piglets Big Movie

On Wednesdays and Sundays they have bands playing in the park at 7:00pm.
7/14 Fralinger String Band
7/18 The Quails (I've seen them and they are pretty good)
7/21 Pitman Hobo Band
7/25 Juliano Bros. (I would like to see them)
7/28 Anthology
That's it for now. Will you be around for the 4th of July? We sit up by the Church.

Ginger: We didn't get to Little Italy. The Mo's was about 3 blocks from the Barns and Nobel. We really enjoyed the Science Museum.
Spent about 4-5 hrs in there but could have spent more.

So does anyone know about Dawn's Beach? I read something on the boards about it but can't remember.

Thanks
Michelle

"Ginger"
07-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure if we went to Dawn's Beach or another, keep in mind that the beaches on St. Maarten, not sure if it's all of them, are clothing optional. We saw some interesting sites. Maybe just a little more than I cared for my DD to see. That's why we head to Anguilla when we port at St. M's.

Jamashp
07-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Happy Independence Day everyone! Got to love the long weekend.::yes::

Tracy, I'm sure you'll have a fun in Vermont with whatever you do.

We will be up in Quechee, Vermont for a week in August, and then instead of heading back home, we are going to drive over to Portland, Maine and take an overnight ferry to Nova Scotia. We shall spend three nights at a "family resort" and then take the ferry back to Portland, and then drive back home. It's kind of a mini-cruise for us. I thought it would be a great time to visit areas we have never seen before, and our U.S. dollar goes a bit farther in Canada. It will also determine if the children will have any difficulty with sea sickness:crazy2:

We are looking forward to Vermont / Canada. It's been many many years since I took off so many days in a row. And then when we get back it will be at the 60 day to go mark for our Halloween Magical cruise! :thewave:

Take care all and enjoy the weekend!

Scott

taswira
07-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Well, it's official - My grown nephew Michael will NOT be joining me for the Halloween Magic. :( The airline is telling him vacation is "unavailable" at that time. On top of that, he is in the midst of buying a condominium near the Cincinatti airport (where he is based) and is in scrimp-and-save mode. So, solo it is!

About half my cruises have been solo. Only once was it uncomfortable for me. That was when DCL had the misjudgement to give me a dining assignment at a table with a small "Family Reunion." Since I was solo and the only "intruder" at "their" table, they requested that I be moved so their table would be "just family." This was on a 4-night. I had one night with them, one night completely alone, one night dining with the ship's Forward Engineer, and one night with Colleen (who handled future bookings onboard) as my guest.

This time . . Who knows? I only hope they do not sit me with any Family Reunions or Honeymooners, including any on this thread, as I do <I>not</I> want to be "the intruder"! :eek: The very first thing I shall do when I board is check my dining assignment! ;)

Happy 4th of July, everyone! :bounce:

Shari
aka "Taswira"

"Ginger"
07-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Good Morning all:wave:
I hope that everyone has a great 4th. We're going to Bel Air, Md we live just outside of the town, to watch the turtle races and frog jumping contest. We normally part-take in these events but we've decided, just me and Ashley today DH worked last night so he's got to sleep so he can work tonight, to go shopping while in town. Can't take those freaky frogs with us to the mall. After that we're going to come home and lay around the pool and have a little cook-out.
Our new deck is 3/4 of the way finished, we are connected to the pool deck finally YAHOO!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Shari I'm sorry that your nephew is unable to join you. I wish him luck with his home purchase.
We are not sure about our dining reservation. When I transferred our reservation to DVC everything stayed the same except our dining time. I was told we would have early but when the paper work came back to me we had been changed to late. Now I'm not sure what time we'll be dining, but we would love it if you joined us.

vikingfans
07-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone has a happy and safe one! On Saturday we went to some friend's house and viewed the most spactacular fireworks display I had ever seen! You didn't know where to look! up down and all around! They were fantastic!

Tonight we will be at a friends house celebrating and trying to blow up part of her farm! lol :hyper: :crazy:

Stay safe and see you all on line.

ShirleyR
07-05-2004, 08:13 AM
So happy to find this thread. Myself and my family wil be on the 2004 Halloween cruise. This includes:

DMIL Shirley, 58 (my birthday is Oct. 30 no less)
DD Debbie, 29
DSIL Paul , 39
DGS Hunter, 6
DD Beth, 36
DSIL Daryl, 30

We will be celebrating a college graduation (DD Debbie), wedding (DD Beth and DSIL Daryl) and my birthday!

Also have the secret porthole room 5520 booked so I am a really happy cruiser.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

"Ginger"
07-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard Shirley and family. Will this be your first cruise on the Magic?

Laura, You are going to help blow-up part of a friends farm, well O.K.. Is there anything you'd like to tell us??????? LOL Be careful and have a great time.

Ashley and I are going to try to get our pool time in today, it rained on us yesterday. We did get in a little shopping, new tops and flip flops for her. I found some lime green flip flops at Wal-Mart for $1.74 for me. Cool!!!! I'm ready to cruise.

UGH!!!! I've got to work tomorrow on a route I hate, over 700 houses on it. It's gone to be a bad, bad day, 3 days worth of mail to get out. It makes me hate these holidays.

taswira
07-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Ginger - Thanks. I am not too worried about dining with strangers, because it is usually nice to meet new people. My primary concern is the <I>possibility</I> of Disney making the same mistake they once did with me - putting me with a Family Reunion or Honeymooners. :eek: I just don't want to be the "intruder." But I <I>have</I> gone solo on DCL where they sat me at a larger table with a couple of different families who were <I>not</I> having a reunion, and it was a pleasure.Sometimes we even ended up doing the clubs together. :p I just have to <I>make certain</I> when I board that they have not "blundered" again.

My mother wanted to go to WDW for the 4th of July, so yesterday we started out at Epcot (where the crowds were not <I>too</I> unbearable) and ended up at MK. We had dinner at LTT and sat at a nice little table by the window that my mom always likes. When we left LTT, it was raining, but it cleared up in time for the evening fireworks and <I>SpectroMagic</I> parade. The fireworks were like the old <I>Fantasy in the Sky</I>, but with a patriotic theme. I felt bad for those who were having their first and maybe only visit to MK, because they did not run the <I>Wishes</I> fireworks show, which I think is much better.

Shirley - Welcome! I just added you to the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html" target="index">Cruiser List</A></B>. The only thing missing is your dining time and whether you will participate in the DIS T-or-T. Be sure to visit the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/" target="index">Halloween Magic 2004 website</A></B>, as I will be adding more to it sometime this week.

ShirleyR
07-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Wow, it's terrific to already receive a response.

To answer your questions, we have the early dining and my little grandson would love to participate in the T or T and I don't mind handing out treats.

I found the Halloween Cruisers website and can't wait to read every word (I'm a Disney addict too). So far I'm up to page 16 of the responses to the Who's Cruisin' list and will keep reading.

Thank you again for helping to organize us.

"Ginger"
07-05-2004, 08:53 AM
We enjoy meeting new folks too Shari. We've had some wonderful table mates in the past. Maybe we can do Palo or Topsiders one night together.
Fireworks at WDW on the 4th, your so lucky.

Shirley I will place your name and Hunter's on the T-or-T list. Will you be handing out treats from stateroom 5520?

taswira
07-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Great, Shirley! I added your dining and T-or-T info. DCL calls "early" their "Main" seating, so that's how I list that.

Ginger - Sounds good! I look forward to meeting you - and everyone else here also. ;)

mhb
07-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Welcome Shirley. This is a great thread and I only found it 2 months ago!!!

Scott: How about airfare?

Ginger: You did great on some sale things. Last week I found snorkeling things at Kmart marked down 50%. I don't think they know what they are doing. Hope your day goes by okay tomorrow. I have to go in just to see what is going on. We have been closed for the past 4 days so Wednesday will be bad. UPS del. will come in on Tues. and will have to be rec Wed morning. Bad day!

Shari: You can always hang with us whenever you want. We have a group of about 25 and one in our group is a single mother.

Vikingfans: Hope you had a bang up time on the 4th LOL

We had great fun. Our township puts on fireworks at a field around our high school and this year (the mayor was voted out) was the best we've seen in a long time. We all thought the mayor blew the budget on fireworks!!

mhb
07-05-2004, 09:12 AM
By the way when is the exact 60 day mark? Aug 31st, or Sept 1 st. I think the boys would like if I could book Wild Side for them and parasailing.

Anybody got ideas on timing?
thanks Michelle

SweetSpot
07-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Welcome Shirley and family! I hope everyone had a great time on the 4th.

Michelle: The 60 day mark is August 31 when the final payment is due. You can call the same day after final payment and book excursions.

Funny you said the same thing about the fireworks we were sure Randee was going out with a bang, 40 mintues of fireworks and such a long finale was a little much though. I hope your spot for the parade was better than our. We sit up near Franks Pizza (great spot for quick get away, pizza and free Commerce stuff) and the parade was so disorganized and delayed but the kids still loved it.

Scott: Where did you find information for your trip? Did you plan it on your own or go through a travel agent? We're always looking for new family places to take the kids.

taswira
07-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by mhb
Shari: You can always hang with us whenever you want. We have a group of about 25 and one in our group is a single mother.
Thanks. ;) I've never had kids, but <I>do</I> like them . . except those with non-stop blood-curdling screams as occasionally happens at WDW with some of the little ones . . LOL. :eek: I know some "child-free" might steer clear of DCL, but I love to watch the shows the kids put on, and to see their eyes light up when they meet all the characters. I am still a child at heart, hence my involvement with <I><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/magicaldisney/PalMickey/">Pal Mickey's Grown-Up Pals Club</A></I>, heh-heh!

I think DCL cruises have a wonderful variety of people from all walks of life. :p That's why it is always so interesting to meet other cruisers.

"Ginger"
07-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Walters 7574 TJ 8 Alan 13 (YES)

Jaypd 6134 Zach 4 Also joining Zach will be his new baby sister who arrived on: 5/30/2004 Miranda (YES)

Keh and Rose_greenthumb 7627 & 7629 (YES)

Mdvasquez Ashley 13 (YES)

Skoi 6018 Sadie 10 Sig 6 (Yes

Letsgodisney Ryan 3 (YES)

Disneediva 6087&6089 Austin 10 (Yes)

Bobness1950 Reagan 10 (Yes)

ShirleyR- 5520 Hunter 6 (YES)

Taswira 7628 (Yes)

Tluvs2talk 5001 (YES)

Vikingfans 6090 (YES)

I'll try to keep up the list and keep it posted. I'm sure alwalters(Judi) is very busy with her family and doesn't mind the help.

(YES) after the names means you have confirmed with alwatlers(Judi) or myself(Ginger) to participate in the T-or-T event. If you have replied to Judi or myself and I missed you, please send me a PM or email and I will correct the mistake.

Trick-or-Treat
:wave:

mhb
07-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Shari: I'm not fond of screaming children myself. Our kids are old enough to go to the clubs themselves. When I said to hang with us, I meant around the pool, at the Adult Clubs etc. I agree, I like to see the happy faces, but don't want people complaining at me either. Mine do at times that's why we though DCL might be good this year. Not to mention they don't have to be around each other. That can be the issue too. LOL::yes::

Question? Since I paid with DVC point and the final payment is already made, I should be able to call right on Aug 31 and book the excursions right?

Tracy: We used to sit over by the Commerce Bank. Love all the free stuff.::yes:: Then the rest of the group always sat up by the church so now that's where we sit too. Lots of candy thrown our way. I think I like the parade more than the kids. Love them. Used to march in parades when I was in High school. Still in my blood I guess.:Pinkbounc Rachel was in the parade 2 yrs ago. She decorated her bike. Of course it was the HOTTEST day that year!!! It's long when you walk it.

Hope everyone has a good day off. So nice to have the extra day!!! It's hot here.

Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :sunny: :wave:

taswira
07-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by mhb
Shari: I'm not fond of screaming children myself. Our kids are old enough to go to the clubs themselves. When I said to hang with us, I meant around the pool, at the Adult Clubs etc. :p Thanks! I am sure I would enjoy hanging out at the clubs with you sometime.

I do think DCL is the ultimate for giving kids and adults their own areas, and not infringing on either's territory. Even the couple of times I had a stateroom on Deck 5 (the "kid's deck"), their activities never bothered me.

ShirleyR
07-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Hi Ginger,
Just read your response again and noticed that you asked if this is my first cruise on the Magic. Wanted to let you know that it is but I did sail on the Wonder for 3 days in August, 2000. Loved the Wonder and wanted a longer cruise this time so the Magic it is.

I have had other cruises including the "Big Red Boat" twice, and Royal Caribbean Cruise lines twice. Just love to cruise and enjoy those all-inclusive vacations.

Will give treats out from my SPH stateroom 5520 for all of the cute T-or-Ts. Have always loved this holiday.

Anyway, can hardly wait and reading these boards helps to pass the time as well as provide so much great info.

Jamashp
07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I was sure that Southwest would have their schedule posted when I got back to work today. But, I was wrong. We're still waiting. It can't be too much longer. Right?

Sweetspot: for our summer trip to Canada,

Over New Year's we went up to Quebec City (again after a stay in Vermont) and had a great time. We thought we'd try Canada again this summer in warmer weather. Since we had more time, we decided for something completely different, so Nova Scotia is where we are headed. I did all the planning myself using the internet. Found the Nova Scotia travel website, and followed up with Scotia Prince Cruises (Ferry). What better way to prepare for a seven day cruise than with an overnight ferry? Bringing our van and driving around to see the unique sites of our northern neighbors is an adventure for our family. We love experiencing new places and the people that make them so special. I'll let you know how it all turns out. We leave on August 14 and return August 27.

Hope everyone had a enjoyable long weekend! :wave:

Scott

Lynda Silk
07-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Scott, just wanted to say thanks for thinking of Canada as a vacation spot! And you'll love Nova Scotia, it's sooooo beautiful! And the folks are so friendly and the food is fabulous (especially the seafood)! Have a great time! We love having our neighbours from the south come up and see our country!

We went to Quebec City last year and found it very charming and friendly too! That was the first time I had been there and we would like to go again!

Again, have a great time!

Donnainnj
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
Hope everyone had a great Fouth. We watched fireworks from a boat in the Navasink on the 3rd. Reminded me just how much I love to be on a boat.
Scott, i'm playing the waiting game to, but I have found a couple of alternatives if necessary. One option is Allentown, pa to Sanford (about 45 min-1 hour from WDW) on Southeast, would run about $200 roundtrip, and could also use Jetblue out of JFK, but I hate getting to JFK, so that would be my last choice.
I keep thinking that Southwest is watching all the hits it is getting everyday, teasing us. Hope they don't determine the prices by how busy the website is before the schedule release.(BG)
take care all,
Donna

mhb
07-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi all!!! Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Hard to believe that Southwest has not released that schedule yet. I though it was on the 31st they would release the next month. good luck Scott and Donna.

Well we got bad news today, one of the families that was going with us had to cancel. My DD is upset. It was her friend. I'm upset too, I thought it would have been a great trip for my friend and her DD. It was not her doing so I can't be upset with her. Just upset she can't enjoy with all of us. So, my DD is looking for some others to talk with before we go so she can have someone to pal around with on the cruise. Anyone else have a DD (11) that would like to email my DD before the cruise. PM us and let us know.

Lynda, we were in Niagara Falls in 2002 and had a great time. Stayed in your country and enjoyed the people we meet. They made fun of the way I said water. LOL We still laugh about it. I'm from Philly and they just got a kick out of the way I said it.

Have a great night everyone.

Michelle

DMS_cruisers04
07-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Howdy everybody!

Was sitting here with nothing to do :rolleyes: , who'd a thunk?, and saw this on the main board:

Southwest Airline Sale (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=601362)

Knew some of you were still looking so I thought I'd give you a shout in case you miss it.

Hope everybody has a good night, see you in the morning.

"Ginger"
07-07-2004, 06:36 AM
I saw something yesterday about SW.
BWI to MCO for $49. one way, closing date was for 8/31 thou.
I hope they offer something like this soon for you all. Heck, if they do we'll even be flying to Fla.

Yesterday was the day from H___ at work. I worked 11 hours:crazy: When the next long weekend holiday rolls around I'm taking vacation.

Everyone have a great day, I'm off to vacuum the pool. After the day I had yesterday, today will be a veg by the pool day for me.

DMS_cruisers04
07-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you need a veg day after working 11 hours Ginger. Enjoy!! :sunny:

mom-sunshine
07-07-2004, 09:47 AM
We are going on the Disney magic on 10/30/04!! This will be our third Disney magic Cruise (Nov 2001, Nov 2002, Oct 2004).

We are
Paul DH
Dawn DW
Melanie DD 8 1/2
Abigial DD 6

We were hoping to go to Anguilla from St Martin, as we have been to St Martin before. Do we need passports, or just birth certificates? Can anyone give me details on the ferry?

Thanks,

Dawn

taswira
07-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Welcome, mom-sunshine! I have added you to the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html">Cruiser List</A></B>. If you would like to add your Dining time, any celebrations, Stateroom number, and whether you will participate in the DIS stateroom trick-or-treating, please PM me or e-mail to info@magicaldisney.com.

Thanks!

taswira
07-07-2004, 10:25 AM
mom-sunshine: I listed the names as you had them, including "Abigial". Should that be "Abigail"? If so, let me know and I will correct it.

mom-sunshine
07-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Oh, the fingers are not working today... It should be Abigail (or Abby). Thanks so much for posting us. We are all very excited!

Dawn

mom-sunshine
07-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Oh, the fingers are not working today... It should be Abigail (or Abby). Thanks so much for posting us. We are all very excited!

Dawn

mhb
07-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Welcome Dawn and family.

Ginger, hope you enjoy your day today. Sitting by the pool sounds nice. Sometimes I wish we had one at the house but we belong to one in the neighborhood. It is good for us. Gets us all out of the house for a bit.

Taswira. I was on the new fourm this morning. Why the new one?

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Michelle
:earsgirl: :wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :sunny:

taswira
07-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by mhb
Taswira. I was on the new fourm this morning. Why the new one? <B>The DIS is the "official" place for posting regarding this cruise</B>, but one has to weed through many pages of posts to find messages on particular topics, so I thought having a separate board categorized into various topics might make it easier to find and decipher some of the cruise-specific information. If anyone here chooses to use it, it will be so easy to find posts on dining, excursions, meets, activities, etc. Just consider it an "extra" - a "supplement" of sorts. The DIS thread IS linked from the Halloween Magic 2004 website as well as the Cruiser List of course, along with this new board. Although you will need to re-register for this board if you would like to post, it is much easier to navigate than the old ActiveBoard I had on there. The truth is that I like having it solely for content specific to this cruise, and categorized to make things easier to find. If no one uses it but me, I will understand. It's just there if anyone is interested. Thanks for visiting!

I have also added DCL's "official" info for shore excursions to the Halloween Magic 2004 website.

Lynda Silk
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone enjoyed their July 4th holiday! We had a great Canada Day up here; the weather was perfect!

Michelle, glad to hear that you enjoyed Niagara Falls! I'll have to ask you to say "water" when we're on the cruise! Is there an accent when you come from Philadelphia?

Ginger, I envy you by the pool today! We just bought a little pool (only 9 ft across) for the kids and they love it! Unfortunately, we have a very wee backyard and can't fit an inground or a decent sized above ground pool in it. Oh well, as long as the kids can get wet, they have fun!

Shari, you're so good about updating those lists for us! If you need any help, just shout!

Dawn, welcome to the thread! We have a great group of people cruising with us!

Just going to check out the website for our cruise! Take care!

Lynda

mdvasquez
07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Hello to everyone and happy belated 4th.

Welcome Shirley and Dawn!

We spent Sunday and Monday night out at Disney with my 2 sisters and their DH's and children and my Mom. We didnt go to the parks, but on Sunday night we had a room at the BW on the 5th floor overlooking the lagoon, so we could see the fireworks from EPCOT perfectly from our balcony. Then we spent the 2nd night at SS. We had a good time, although it was very HOT!!!!

GINGER: I noticed you did not have my stateroom listed on the TorT list. We are 2071.

Have a great day everyone!:teeth:

"Ginger"
07-08-2004, 07:28 PM
T-or-T list :

awalters 7574 TJ 8 Alan 13 (YES)

Drm 6609 Danielle 13 Keith 12 (YES)

Jaypd 8046 Zach 4 Also joining Zach will be his new baby sister who arrived on: 5/30/2004 Miranda (YES)

Mdvasquez 2071 Ashley 13 (YES)

Skoi 6018 Sadie 10 Sig 6 (Yes

Disneediva 6087 Austin 10 (Yes)

Bobness 1950 Reagan 10 (Yes)

mhb 6108 Kyle 13 Rachel 11 (YES)

Disney_Newf 2004 Ryan 4 (YES)

Taswira 7628 (Yes)

Tluvs2talk 5001 (YES)

Vikingfans 6090 (YES)

rocadonismom 7567 (YES)

The kid count is at 29.

Trick-or-Treat

Last edited by "Ginger" on 07-05-2004 at 11:29 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-05-2004 10:32 AM:Pinkbounc :bounce:

"Ginger"
07-08-2004, 08:06 PM

Welcome Dawn and family. The ferry runs between 7:30AM and 6:15PM, ferries run at approximately 30 minutes intervals between Blowing Point, Anguilla and Marigot Bay, St Martin. Ferry crossings are $10 each way, plus $3 departure tax.

A passport is preferred, however, US and Canadian citizens may travel with an original birth certificate and official photo identification. Visitors are required to have a return or onward ticket.
I got this info from www.anguilla-vacation.com/getting_here1.htm

To all that envied my day by the pool, don't. By the time I finished cleaning the pool the sky got dark and it poured on me. I should have gone to work.

No, really owning your own pool is not as much fun as people think. There is alot of work, plus the expense. I would much rather be a member of a community pool. The only work is to pack and go, plus I'd have a chance to socialize.

Dena, you never told us your stateroom number that why I didn't post it. :teeth: It's you that I envy, living so close to WDW.
Did you decide if you were going to be at the Radisson before our cruise. I'm I bringing the choc. I think we chatted about this but I'm having alot of senior moments lately.

vikingfans
07-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Ginger,

I totally understand what you mean by pools are work...At the fitness center I run, we have a pool. I call it a hole to throw money down. But it keeps my attendance up. People love it!

It's also very beneficial for rehab of joints.

mdvasquez
07-09-2004, 12:03 PM
GINGER: We have not booked for the Rad yet, but I am sure we will be staying there, as it is easier to leave from there than from the house. I always get held up at the house with last minute things and as you know, I like to be at the head of the line to board the ship!!:crazy: I will bring the strawberries again!

Yes, owning a pool is alot of work, however, I must say here in FL at least we dont have to worry about closing it up for the winter and then opening it again for the summer. We keep ours running year round. And this spring we got solar panals, which I LOVE!!!:tongue: so now the pool is always warm enough for me to swim. Our biggest challange is keeping the pool from getting algae. During the rainy season, it is very easy to develop algae and very hard to get rid of it!!

Lynda Silk
07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Dena, I know exactly what you mean about staying at a hotel versus coming from home. There always seems to be something dragging me back into the house!

We're staying at the Rad too the night before the cruise too! I just booked the Cruise Package so I could get my shuttle reservations in. We're staying at WDW (Poly) from Oct 26 to Oct 28, then spending Oct 29 at the Kennedy Space Centre and then on to the Rad. Never stayed there before so I'm looking forward to seeing the pool area (if I can fit it in between doing a few loads of laundry!).

Re pools, we just bought a small pool 9 feet across and I'm already in a quandry as to what do with the chlorine! But I ran across a post on the CB which talked about these small pools and what to do. Isn't it amazing what you can find on the disboards!

KEH
07-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone. Checking in to see how you all are.

Dena, the boys are really pleased that Brendan will be cruising. looks like the 3 Stooges will be back in action.

How is my honorary niece doing? I can't wait to meet her.

All this talk of pools makes me so envious. I love swimming but it's a bit chilly hereabouts for a pool.

vikingfans
07-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Dena

I take it you have invested heavily in algecide. We use it weekly in our pool. Along with keeping the chlorine level up.

"Ginger"
07-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Come on Dena call to get those ressies at the Radisson. We need you with us so we can be first inline this year. Got to beat Dan and Scott to the terminal. Ha! Ha!

Dan and Scott are you out there.

I made ressie for DH to ride the shuttle to the terminal after he drops us off. I think I made them for 11:30.

BTW Dena I requested the same suite that we had last year.

Off to work for me,

You all have a great day and enjoy those pools.
No Chlorine here we use Bahcacil, I think the spelling is correct.

mhb
07-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone!!!:sunny:

? How long does it take to check in when you board? Since this is our 1st cruise I'm unsure. We are flying in that morning and should arrive in FL about 8:45 am. Seems from reading other boards that we'll be waiting at the port for some time. Then what?

I guess I could set up a stand with Dis Boarders on it and all you guys will come and say Hello.

So, I guess it's not too bad that we pack up and go to the community pool afterall. Still would love to have a pool on some days. B-Days in the summer would be great.

Lynda, we had a small pool when the kids were young and someone told me to add a small amount of bleach.

Karen, what has your daughter been up to since school let out?
My DS 15 had been looking for a job. Well, maybe I've been looking for him. LOL::

Rose_Greenthumb
07-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh I meant to post and tell you what I'd been up to but I must have not pressed post or something.

I've been round a few things with my mum's work and I've seen my friends a few times. We've had a couple of school concerts and we're rehearsing for a wedding and China. I went to London with my mum last weekend which was great fun, we saw Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Oh and visited numerous starbucks!

I'm going away a few times this summer actually, London again with a friend, Scotland and Wales so I'm not going to be short of things to do!

mhb
07-10-2004, 01:33 PM
That's sounds like great fun. Hey I collect magnets and am in a race with my mom to get the most. Would be really great if I could get some from the great places you'll be. I'll pay you in Disney dollars if you like. ::yes:: What do you think?

Have a great time and be careful in all those places. Bring pictures so we can all see. Okay?

mom-sunshine
07-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi all,
My wife is letting me write using her password. Does that make me dad-sunshine?

Ginger,
So for two adults, two kids to go to Anguilla the ferry will cost $102 round trip. Plus cab fare. Are the beaches there that much better than St. Martaans? I just have to ask. Last time in St. Martaans we rented a car and drove to a beach that was nice enough. Since Dawn wants to go to Anguilla, we probably will end up going.

MHB/Michelle,
We live in Mullica Hill. It's a small world after all.

mdvasquez
07-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Ginger: I will try and call the rad today to make my ressies!:p

Karen: I sent you an email this morning. Your Niece is doing well, she is getting so big already - rolling over and such. If you can belive it, she is already scooting her way across the floor on her stomach!:eek: Hopefully the 3 stooges will stay out of trouble this time!:crazy:

EMMA: I love les mis and phantom!!!They are two of my favorite! We just saw Phantom this past spring. Have fun during your summer travels!!

mhb
07-10-2004, 02:53 PM
dad_sunshine: I can't PM you guys. You can PM me, and I'll let you know where we are. Are you down 322? Things are really being built up around there.

Michelle:wave2:

Rose_Greenthumb
07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
I'd be happy to collect some magnets for you, I'll even have a look in China if I can!

Jamashp
07-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey Michelle,

Just was down in your neck of the woods today (or close by, in Berlin, NJ). My older daughter had a softball tournament. It was an all-day affair with the first game at 9:00, the second at 3:00, and the final game at 4:45.

That was a long day to hang out in the sun and watch softball!

Nice area though!

Take care,

Scott

"Ginger"
07-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh my gosh!!! Scott I hope you applied alot of sunscreen.

Dad-sunshine, YES!!!!!! we've found Anguilla to be worth the extra little efforted. I have said it before and will say it again Anguilla is the closest place to Heaven that there is on earth. The beaches are absolutely the most beautiful I've ever seen and the people are so sweet. When we were there last we were treated like royality.
So YES, YES, Dad-sunshine you really, really need to add this islands stamp to your passport collection.
Take so time and check-out some web sites about this island, I think you're going to like it there.

mhb
07-11-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey Scott: Hope you didn't have to travel far to be at that 9:00am game. How did you get there? Shore traffic can get bad on Sat. mornings. I think we are about 15 miles from Berlin. Only 50 miles from Ocean City.

Hey did you get airfare yet?

Emma: Thanks so much. If there is something I can get for you in my travels, not that I go far, let me know. Okay. I know. We'll bring you some sand from the Jersey shore!!!:yo-yo:

Ginger: Your suggestion about Anguilla sounds great. Just reading up on it in the tourbook from AAA. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far on my own yet. Trying to just get my feet wet doing excursions on my own. Great reading so much on these boards though.

Anyone from this group done Dawn's beach?

Be back later.
::yes::

Michelle :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

taswira
07-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Michelle - When I received your info for the Cruiser List, I listed your stateroom/s as participating in the T-or-T, but I noticed you are not on Ginger's T-or-T list. So should I remove that from the Cruiser List?

"Ginger"
07-11-2004, 08:46 AM
T-or-T list :

alWalters 7574 TJ 8 Alan 13 (YES)

Bobness 1950 Reagan 10 (Yes)

cheysdad 7067 Cheyenne 8 (YES)

cheysdad's neighbors 7619 Gabby 9 Julie 6 Christina 5 (YES)

Disneediva 6087 Austin 10 (Yes)

Disney_Newf 2004 Ryan 4 (YES)

Drm 6609 Danielle 13 Keith 12 (YES)

Jaypd 8046 Zach 4 Also joining Zach will be his new baby sister who arrived on: 5/30/2004 Miranda (YES)

Mdvasquez 2071 Ashley 13 (YES)

mhb 6108 Kyle 13 Rachel 11 (YES)

Skoi 6018 Sadie 10 Sig 6 (Yes)

Taswira 7628 (Yes)

Tluvs2talk 5001 (YES)

Vikingfans 6090 (YES)

rocadonismom 7567 (YES)

33 trick-or-treaters

Trick-or-Treat

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

taswira
07-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Hmmm . . Thank you, Ginger.

I posted the T-or-T list <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/tortlist.html">HERE</A></B> on the website - alphabetically, I hope. ;)

So if any corrections need to be made, please let me know. BTW - I did list the first user name as "alwatlers." Isn't that correct?

Thanks!

Jaypd
07-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok our post was to close to the bottom of the page. I thought I would bump it up with a...........Big HELLO!!!!! to everyone :) :) :)

mhb
07-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Hello Jaypd!! Glad your here.

So has anyone done Dawn's Beach in St. Maarten?

Shari: I think you have us down twice. I see my childrens' name under someone else. Thanks. We would like to T or T. Getting my thoughts together as to what I would like to give out.

Ginger: Hope you didn't have to go out in all this rain today. Hope you were okay if you did.

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :sunny: :wave:

taswira
07-12-2004, 06:33 PM
mhb - Where do I have you twice? Is it on the Cruiser List or the T-or-T List? On the website or the Halloween Magic message board? I'll see if I can find it. If I have your kids twice, I must have left out someone else's. (Help?)

taswira
07-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Ooops! I see it - on the T-or-T List. I'll correct it! :teeth:

Thanks for telling me! ;)

mhb
07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Shari: I couldn't remember where I saw it, but glad you found it.

Hope all is well with you.

What do you do on St Maarten?

Thanks Michelle:earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

Just saw your picture with Chip and Dale, they are one of my favorites.

Lynda Silk
07-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Shari,
Can you please post the link to the site that you designed for our cruise? I think I deleted the link that I had by accident! Thanks! Lynda

taswira
07-13-2004, 09:23 AM
LyndaSilk - The link is http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/. Click <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/">HERE</A></B>.

mhb - I have not yet decided what I will do in St. Maarten. It will be my first time there (I have done the western but not the eastern). I was hoping there was a horseback riding excursion through DCL, but there does not seem to be one. If I do any excursions I want them to be through DCL. That way if the return is delayed, they will hold the ship! :teeth:

Lynda Silk
07-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Thanks Shari! Lynda

taswira
07-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Is anyone else here aware that November 2 - our day in St. Maarten - is <I>All Souls Day</I> (a public holiday there, as will be the day prior) and is also <I>"Caribbean Tourism Day"</I>?

I wonder if that will affect anything . . .

:confused:

Jaypd
07-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I just did search after search for "Caribbean Tourism Day" on 5 St. Maarten message boards and not one of them showed a thing. Hopefully it will make the day more fun :)

Jamashp
07-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Here is a statement from their tourist info site under schedule of events.

"November 1 All Saints Day (Public holiday): all cemeteries are illuminated with candles; Colombier Feast."

We board on the 30th (Saturday). We are at sea on Sunday and Monday (October 31 and November 1). So, I'm not sure this will effect us. :confused:

Scott

taswira
07-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Click <B><a href="http://www.caribbean-direct.com/St-Martin-Direct/Local%20Culture/SMFlocalcultureM.html">HERE</A></B> and scroll down to November 2. This is the 2004 calendar.

Jamashp
07-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Good question. The only thing I found was at this link: http://www.st-maarten.com/sxm/events.htm

It doesn't say anything about stores being closed, so that's a hopeful sign.

I tried searching elsewhere and couldn't find anything else about the tourism day.

Scott

taswira
07-13-2004, 01:40 PM
All I found in a search was tourism board stuff about previous Caribbean Tourism Day in a business sense. I get the impression it may be for the purpose of bringing in travel agents for familiarization and getting them to promote Caribbean tourism. But I am a p/t TA and never heard of that until now. Anyway . . .

I am not worried about it. I just wondered if anyone else knew about it. Apparently the date varies each year but is always early November.

As for "All Souls Day" - It looks like their celebration of sorts starts with Halloween and continues through the 2nd. I question it being a "public holiday" though. But I think it would be sort of nice if something special went on. ;)

I am not Catholic, but I found a description of "All Souls Day" in general <B><a href="http://all-souls-day.123holiday.net/">HERE</A></B>. I have seen some of the Mexican "Day of the Dead" festivities, and found them quite interesting. Maybe this will be similar. :confused:

As for stores being closed - I think they may hesitate to do that anyway with all the money-spending tourists the cruises lines bring in. No worries!

"Ginger"
07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
My mistake it is AlWalters, I'll get that fixed in a minute.

Michelle, I was sheduled to work yesterday in all that rain, HE! HE! but had to take off to take Ashley to the doctors for her back to school well visit.

I going to look into what everyone is chatting about here.:teeth:

mhb
07-13-2004, 05:46 PM
I just emailed from the site that Shari posted. I'll let you know when I get a reply. I really don't think they would close the shops due to the fact that they need the tourism trade. Just would like to know what else they do for the holiday.

Ginger: Glad you wern't out in all that rain for the whole day. Any damage down your way. Seems there was alot in Burlington County. We didn't have any damage. Thank goodness.

Scott: Any news on flights yet?

Well gotta go to yoga.

See ya,
Michelle

dis4me
07-14-2004, 01:03 PM
We have booked and hope to be on the Halloween cruise. How late can we sign up to be part of the Dis T or T? I don't want to commit until am sure.We have a dd 8 dd9 and ds 2. ANyone els with any of thse ages?

taswira
07-14-2004, 01:20 PM
A Halloween Magic cruiser list is <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html">HERE</A></B> if you would like to take a look. It includes kids' ages.

FYI: If anyone is missing, it is because you did not PM or e-mail me your info. ;)

dis4me - If you would like me to add you, please send me your info - DIS user name, first names and ages at time of the cruise, dining time, any celebrations, stateroom number, and whether you wish to participate in the T-or-T (and yes - I can change or update info as needed).

Donnainnj
07-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Scott,
And anyone else that is looking for airfare, Southwest has finally released dates past Oct 29th (to Dec 11). I couldn't fly home on Sunday with the $79 rate so, we are going Friday, leaving Monday night. Good Luck!!
Donna
We paid $706.80 for roundtrip, 4 people, phil - orlando.

mhb
07-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Great job Donna!!! I was getting worried. Glad to see it all worked out for you. Let's hope Scott has the same luck.

Michelle

vikingfans
07-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Donna,

Thank you for pointing out that Southwest had put up their next batch of dates! Because of you, (I read your post this morning) I was able to get airfair for my friends who are going with us!! So now it's official that they HAVE to go!! I'm so excited!

It will be Disney through the eyes of an eleven-year-old! Then we put the kid on a plane back (7am flight:scared1: :sad2: ) And then get on the ship!!!

Thanks again Donna!

disney_newf
07-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know about Nov. 2 "Caribbean Tourism Day". I called the St. Marteen Consulate in Toronto. November is a public holiday...BUT...the shops are OPEN!!!!

I was also inform that there will be local events and festivals throughtout the day to entertain everyone... might be nice to see and participate in. A list of the events will be posted on their website approximately one month prior.

taswira
07-16-2004, 06:39 AM
That's GREAT news, disney_newf!

I knew the shops had to be open because, as we all said, they aren't going to risk losing all those dollars from us! :teeth: I posted about this because I wondered if anyone here knew what would be going on. So THANKS for finding out! (I had e-mailed their tourism dept., but have not received a reply).

snowflake82
07-16-2004, 09:58 AM
We'll be on this cruise as well - cruising for the first time, so the boards have been really helpful! (Thanks, all.)

Myself - Jennifer
DH - Charles
Matthew (age 4)

Lynda Silk
07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey disney_newf, are you on this cruise too? Hope so, because it would be nice to see a fellow Canadian onboard!

Thanks for the info re Caribbean Tourism day!

taswira
07-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Welcome, snowflake82! I added you to the <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/list.html">Cruiser List</A></B>. If you PM or <a href="mailto:info@magicaldisney.com">e-mail me</A> your dining time (Main or Late), Stateroom number, and whether you will be participating in the DIS stateroom T-or-T, I will add that information also.

disney_newf
07-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Lynda,

Yes, we will be cruising and Its our first time.

The Canadian connection is great. My husband is originally from Scaraborough and I spent my earlier years in Georgetown. Still spend alot of time there each year. We're pactically neigbours (discounting the few thousand miles to Newfoundland!)

Do you happen to have kids? I have a four year and a 15 year old neice to tagging along.... third, if you count the husband.

Kelly

Lynda Silk
07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey Kelly, small world! I was born and spent most of my childhood in Scarborough. And Georgetown is right to the west of us since we live in Brampton!

I do have 2 kids, DS Robert 12 and DD Elizabeth 10.

This is our 3rd Disney cruise, we went on the 3 and 4 day cruises on the Wonder in 2002. I am so excited about this cruise and can't wait until October!

The DIS folks that are coming with us on our cruise are so nice and I can't wait to meet them too. I believe that we're trying to get together around 4:30 the first day when the ship sails out of Port Canaveral! Hopefully, I'll get to meet you and your family then! There's also the High Tea meeting for the ladies which I think is on Monday.

I'm always surprised that there are not more Canadians on the cruise because there are so many Disney fanatics up here! I've also heard about how beautiful Newfoundland is; that's on my "have to visit" list for sure in the future!