PDA

View Full Version : Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Pages : [1] 2

PMelhorn
07-18-2003, 11:48 PM
I have seen every other date but Oct.5th.
Are we the only ones on the ship?

lulu201
07-19-2003, 08:03 AM
No, Peggy, you're not alone! My DH, DD13, and I will be sailing along with you. While there haven't been too many folks who've said they're going with us, I've seen a couple of other families on the boards mention they're going on 10/5. Hopefully this thread of yours will bring a lot of response!

jenschaef1
07-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi Peggy,
We are going too. DH, myself,DD14, DD12, DS6, and DD3. We can't wait. We will be down on deck 2 in two adjoining cat 10s Our DIS green mickey heads on the doors.:D
Lulu: Did you book at Comfort Suites in Nassau?, that special rate was great!
Jennifer

lulu201
07-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi, Jennifer: Yes, we did book a room at the Comfort Suites; I'm so excited!:Pinkbounc Where do you get green Mickey heads???

Erin (aka lulu :) )

jenschaef1
07-19-2003, 09:34 PM
We got the green mickey heads at Home depot. Home Depot carries Disney Paint and some of the chips are shaped like mickey heads, we plan on attaching magnets on the back and stick them on the cabin door. I got that great idea here, didn't think of it myself.;) Kids are very excited about Atlantis!!!
have a great evening
jennifer

PamCo88
07-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Myself (33) and new Hubby (33) will be on the 10/5 cruise after spending a week at the World. :)

We can't wait!!

PMelhorn
07-19-2003, 10:40 PM
There will be six of us. Myself, DH, DS-13yrs., DD-9yrs., DD-3yrs., and DN-14yrs.
I will have to go Home Depot and get green Mickey's for our doors.

lulu201
07-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Hey, everyone, I guess I'm on my way to Home Depot for green Mickeys this week! Look for them on our door--we're in a cat. 11, Deck 6 forward.

PamCo: congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope things go smoothly for you and your DH-to-be!

I know that PamCo will be in WDW before we sail, but will anyone else? Just wanted you to know that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be on Friday night, Oct. 3rd, if you're interested. We've never been to it before, so this year we got tickets!:Pinkbounc I think it's going to be a fun pre-cruise thing to do. DU's Rob helped us with all the details and made it easy to get the ressies.

Have a great day, everybody. Our cruise will be here before we know it!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

alexandrew
07-20-2003, 12:19 PM
cant wait....DH and DS's 7 and 2 are ready to go!!! We are in cat 9 aft stateroom ....

jenschaef1
07-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Lulu (aka erin):Nope, just doing the cruise this time and then down to visit relatives in Tampa and Sebring. Will be in FL 9 days while the kids are on their fall break from school.
I think there is only one family left that I know about that hasn't checked in to this thread. Maybe we are the only 7 or so families going:rolleyes: .
Got to run...DH is calling, car is loaded up and we are off to Disneyland for a few days :)
Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
07-21-2003, 01:54 PM
We're going too!!!! Myself, DH and DD (age 6). We're staying in a cat. 6 - wanted that verandah. We'll be at DW for a few days before and at Universal for a few days after. Less than 90 days to go! Woo hoo!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

mdisdis
07-21-2003, 03:01 PM
We are going too...myself, DH, DS (age 7). This will be our first cruise. Tracie, looks like we have the same itinerary! We are cat 6, WDW before cruise, and Universal Studios after cruise. We haven't picked our WDW resort but we have ressies for Royal Pacific at Universal. Oh, and we're doing the MNSSHP on the 3rd...we're thinking about going as pirates to add to the theme.

- Martha -

Tracie Wallace
07-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi mdisdis (Martha):

We're also staying at the Royal Pacific Resort. Right now I have reservations at the Beach Club Resort at WDW. We're coming in on the 3rd (and didn't think we could make the MNSSHP on the 3rd) - so we're going to MNSSHP on the 10th! I told my husband he could go as Capt Hook, I'll be Wendy and my DD will be Tinker Belle - just a thought though.

It looks like your DS (7) and my DD (6) will be at the kids club together.

jenschaef1
07-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Bump...anyone else joining us?
Ok, since this ship appears to be empty, LOL, free upgrades for all!

Tracie: went to Magic mountain in Valencia on Monday, 3 words Hot Hot Hot (I was trying to escape the AZ heat, found the CA heat)

Jennifer

Scott2tune
07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
I am taking my 12 year daughter on the Oct. 5 Wonder cruise and 1 month ago the early dinner was already filled!

We are spending 7 days @ WDW w/ one day at Universal/IOA on 9/29.

"Less than 90 days away"?

I can't take it! I can barely wait 9 more days!

Laurarn
07-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Wait! Wait for us! We're the other family you were thinking of! I've been going through dis-board withdrawal. I spent the week out of town with the in-laws and couldn't get on the computer. Lots and lots of reading tonight to catch up. Is it 69 days already? Yahoo!!! We're headed for our first cruise with DS 12, DD 9 and DD 5. My son will be thrilled to see that there are quite a few 12/13 year olds on this cruise. I guess I need to make a trip to Home Depot? Glad to be back on the boards:)

jenschaef1
07-25-2003, 11:04 PM
Hi Laurarn, welcome back, yes you were the other family I was thinking of. We wouldn't leave the dock without you ! - lol

We do seem to have a lot of 12/13 yr olds in our 10/5 group - should be fun for them. I have been keeping my (soon to be )12 and (soon to be) 14 year old out of the movie theatres lately in hopes that some of these good first run Disney flicks will be playing while we are on board. (what could be cooler than seeing Pirates for the first time on a ship.) and hopefully their new movie Freaky Friday will be as good as the promo is (Jaime lee Curtis: I LOOK LIKE THE CRYPT KEEPER!) too funny :D

Scot: Hmm, not sure what to think about 1st dinner closed, maybe the ship is getting full or maybe they are trying to even things up between 1st and 2nd rotation. If you want to change assigned time I have heard on these boards that they will try to honor your request after you board the ship.

I'm ready to go, cruise is paid for...how about you?
Jennifer:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Laurarn
07-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Yup, sent in our final payment. Can't wait for the cruise docs! My kids haven't seen the Pirates movies yet either. Your right, Jenshaef, that'll be neat to see in the movies on the ship. We still haven't decided on the Atlantis excursion yet. DH thinks it'll be too much running around (plus the expense). He thinks there will be enough to do on the ship during the day(hope he's right). So, right now, we haven't booked any excursions. I'll let you know when we get our green mickey for the door. We're in category 4 (family of 5).

PMelhorn
07-29-2003, 06:42 PM
We are almost to the 60 days time frame can not want . Everyone is excited. Happy to see that Laurarn has a DD9:earsgirl: also.

nubbins
07-31-2003, 09:46 PM
hello! we are also going on the oct 5th wonder. our 1st cruise!

we are in 8002 (cat 4) and have dh36, dw (me) 34, ds 5, and ds3.

also going are grandparents! YAY!!

we'd love to hear from anybody with kids these ages who have been on dcl, or that are going to be on the oct 5. it would be great for the little ones to have buddies when we get there.

advice from any cruisers is greatly appreciated--we are true novices!

thanks--

davina

Tracie Wallace
08-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Ahoy Davina!
My daughter is 6, so I'm sure she'll be seeing your son in the Disney Club.:Pinkbounc
Only 61 days to go.

I just received my listing of shore excursions from DCL. I'm not even sure I'm going to do their excursions - but it takes me one stop closer to my vacation. Yeah!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

How fun the grandparents are going! My parents like cruising but are addicted to the Crystal cruise line. They're going to Greece for a cuise in September (ending in Barcelona) and then doing the Eastern seaboard in October.

They don't have the mouse though!

jenschaef1
08-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Hi all,
Just a reminder...it's time to make your shore excursions with Disney. Just got off the phone and was able to book the ever popular parasailing (CM did confirm this sells out quick). Also went ahead and booked seahorse snorkle for CC. These were the only 2 Disney excursions that DH had any interest in, so I wanted to make sure he got them. ;)
As of right now our excursions look like this:
Nassau: 2 Rooms at Comfort Suites for Atlantis Day (entitled to 8 wrist bands using 6, need 2? probably can amend ressie to 8 people -never hurts to try)

Freeport: ????? (any suggestions, Dolphins look fun but too $$$ for our family of 6 -especially after Atlantis Day)

CC: Morning Seahorse Snorkle, Afternoon Parasail

Our cast of characters:
DH: 41
DW: 39 Myself
DD: 14
DD: 12th Bday onboard
DS: 6
DD: 3

we are sooo excited, less than 60 days to go, Yea!
jennifer :)

lulu201
08-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey, Jennifer, you're looking quite organized! :) It's exciting to plan everything out, isn't it?

The only thing we've made any plans for is our day at the Atlantis; I think the rest of the cruise we're going to just take as it comes. We've given serious thought to a taxi ride to a beach while in Freeport, but we haven't done any real research into it yet. I have the Frommer's cruise and ports of call book. . .I think I'll check their recommendations.

We're really counting down those days, aren't we? It'll be here before we know it!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Scott2tune
08-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Me and 12 year old daughter (is it DD?) schedule:

9/27 - Arrive Beach Villas- Spirit of Aloha
9/28- MK + Hoop Dee Doo
9/29- US & IOA
9/30 MGM + Mickey's BBQ
10/1- Epcot- + Snorkel @ Living Sea + Fantasmic Dinner
10/2- TL + BB +Cirque
10/3- AK- Epcot Illuminations
10/4- MGM + Epcot + MK Spectral parade
10/5- AK Breakfast + Cruise!
10/6- Nassau- Catamaran Snorkel
10/7- Freeport- Dolphin Encounter
10/8 Castaway- Parasail + Canoe trip

Whew! Plus reservations for dinners @ Epcot and MGM. No wonder my wife and son aren't coming.

One question- Is there anyone else who is positively - obsessed with these kind of details and can nearly think of nothing else but their disney trip? How do you wait another 50 days and just relax!

Can hardly wait...

Partridge4ever
08-07-2003, 11:10 PM
We'll be there! Myself, DH, DD7 and DD3, plus DH's parents. I booked over a year ago. I can hardly believe it's getting so close.

disneymummy
08-08-2003, 06:33 PM
We are coming over from Scotland.This will be our first Disney Cruise and we can't talk about anything else!!
There will be myself and my Husband, DD 8, DD 6and DD 1
We are going to Beach Club Villas for 9 nights before the cruise and to Universal Royal Pcific Resort after
Our girls are definitely hoping to make some new friends on holiday! :)

Tracie Wallace
08-13-2003, 01:46 PM
It looks like several of us are going to Universal's Royal Pacific Resort after the cruise. Its true - great minds do think alike!:cool:

jenschaef1
08-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi all, bumping us up to page 1.

Scott: Great planning, :) I think your going to need a vacation from your vacation. Your DD12 will have the time of her life!

Mummy: What a great vacation, I am seriously jealous;)

Looks like people on Mid september cruises have been receiving their Docs, ours can't be far behind.
have a great day
jennifer

Scott2tune
08-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Thanks enschaef1 for your comments. My DD12 thinks I'm a bit obsessive about reviewing the details of the trip and "how many days" until WDW. (By the way DD12- it's 44 days now).

I've even asked her not to see POTC movie- because I feel fairly confident they'll show it on the cruise.

DD12- "...okay dad"

watshakinranch
08-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Just booked the Oct. 5 trip with less than 60 days to go!! Now I am scrambling for as many hints and details that I can get!
Party of 4 - DH-35, me-37, DS-6, DS-3. Trip planning began as a 15th anniversary trip and turned into a family cruise! Leaving the DS-19 and DD-18 at Florida State and Pensacola Junior College!! Ha!Ha!
Can someone explain these green Home Depot things - I don't want to be left out. :rolleyes:

Tracie Wallace
08-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the Disboards! You can buy Disney-brand paint at Home Depot and other retailers. Their paint chits are on Mickey Mouse heads. People have been getting green colored ones to either wear or to put on their cabin doors to show that they are Disboard members.

You'll find a lot of information regarding the cruise on these boards. Have fun planning!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

jenschaef1
08-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Watshakin: Welcome. Make sure you book any Disney Excursions you may want to do ASAP. The most popular ones do sell out. Any questions...just ask on the DIS board, they are a bunch of great people :cool:

Scott: Your post was too funny...reminded me a lot of my family. Yes I am a Disney vacation planning nut, although they may give me a hard time before our vacation...they always appreciate the results! DD12 and DD 14 : okay Mom, whatever:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
have a great day...hm ...44 days -better get packing;)

jennifer

Scott2tune
08-15-2003, 04:24 PM
What could possibly be so fascinating on the October 12 cruise site that over 5,000 people have sent in messages and over 70,000 have visited the site?

Okay- sorry if this was wasted space but I find that very interesting!

Tracie Wallace
08-15-2003, 04:27 PM
I think I read that they're having a Disboard meet on that one. Lots of people going.

Its still over 100 degrees in Valencia. I bought a season pass for Magic Mountain this year - and still haven't used it.

Its probably cooler in Arizona!

jenschaef1
08-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Tracie:
On our 1 day at MM this summer it was well over 100 and miserable (super crowded too). Made me wish I was at home in the pool. Still hot here, 115 last week but we got some rain last night so its only 95 today, Yeah!!! - were is that winter coat?:rolleyes:

Looking forward to our cruise...

jennifer

Tracie Wallace
08-15-2003, 05:51 PM
But its DRY heat. lol:cool:

jenschaef1
08-15-2003, 06:07 PM
tracie:
Yep, we are baking instead of frying!:cool:

Scott: I had a thought on the Oct 12th cruise...maybe they had pictures of that DCL Cast Member Orgie that was talked about in another recent thread.:rolleyes: I tried to find the thread (dave from Marietta (dcltribute.com) got a letter from an unhappy DCL cruiser ) but couldn't find it. drats, it was very funny!

jennifer:)

Tracie Wallace
08-15-2003, 06:47 PM
It was titled "Do I need a new Hobby?". I can find it, but don't know how to put a link in.

I'm really ready to sit on my balcony and drink a cold one. How about a glass of champage or good margarita.

So what are the chances of a hurricane in October?

Who's planning on going on the Mission to Space at EPCOT?

Is this going to be Bonine time?

jenschaef1
08-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks Tracie, I found it on page 1 no less- ugh can't believe I missed it. I don't know how to add a link either but DD14 does.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418558:)

Hurricanes: Always a possibility in Oct but we have gone to FL week before Columbus Day the last 2 years (2001 WDW, 2002 Universal) and had beautiful weather both years. Hoping to make it 3 in a row.
Jennifer

watshakinranch
08-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Traci: Thanks for the welcome. I am very excited about this trip and I am a vacation "every minute planned" freak, but my husband has decided to "fly by the seat of his pants."

Hurricanes: As a 4th generation Floridian, I remember alot of October hurricanes. 1995: Erin-September, Opal-October, but... those were direct hits to Pensacola. So... I'm going to the Eastern seaboard!! Hope to have better luck.:eek:

FredS
08-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Scott2tune
What could possibly be so fascinating on the October 12 cruise site that over 5,000 people have sent in messages and over 70,000 have visited the site?....

To what site are you referring??

WeRHappy
08-17-2003, 01:00 AM
We are signed up and paid for on the Oct. 5th also! Can hardly wait!! We (or I should say "I") have been reading these boards religiously since May about what to do, where to stay, etc... Our group includes: Me(35), DH(38), DS(4), DS(1), Grandma, Grandpa, Husband's business partner with wife and DD(8), DS(7). I think all of us are Cat. 5. It's our first DCL cruise and we've heard great things! We are staying at the Beach Club after. Can someone tell me what/where the Mickey's Halloween party is? and would it be appropriate for a 4 and 1 year old? Thanks! See ya'll on board!!:bounce: :)

hey Scott: I grew up in Newport... how funny to travel all the way to FL. when DL is right around the corner huh?! They need DCL in LA or SD!!

WeRHappy
08-17-2003, 01:48 AM
While I'm thinking about it....! I read where some of you have gotten rooms at the Comfort Suites in Nassau. My last cruise there (on HA in 1997) I had a bad experience on the water taxi's. Is there a way to get to Atlantis (safely) via land (with a 4 and 1 yr old)? Also, how much are rooms and do you just walk right in or cross a street to Atlantis?! thanks again!:crazy:

Laurarn
08-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi Jenshaef, Lulu, PMelhorn, and everyone! Anyone starting to pack yet? I have a box in my room that, each time I come across something, I toss it in. So far, I have my shoe organizer, sunscreen, bug spray, and several packages of bonine, and a corkscrew for a bottle of wine or two that we bring along for our cabin:) I have my Passporter book laying on top of the box. I'm almost as obsessive as Scott2tune:) I can't believe we are under 50 days now! WooHoo! The kids are getting excited. DS is looking for some 12 yo boys to hang out with. I told him that he probably won't make it to Common Grounds (he's 3 months shy of 13). He pretty social. so I'm sure he'll make new friends (boys and girls). I picked up a green Mickey head at Home Depot last week (not sure if I have the right shade of green?), do we put them on our door so we know who are disboard members? Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet some of you on the cruise. There's a great bunch of people on these boards. Happy planning and packing:)
Laura

jenschaef1
08-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi all:
Werhappy: a few of us are going to Atlantis on the 6th. There was a thread a while back (maybe 6 weeks) with a special discount on Comfort Suites Paradise Island, if you call Choice Hotels at 1-800-4-choice and ask for the LGOLD rate the price was $135.50 per room. The Comfort Suites is apparently right across the street from Atlantis and has an agreement, whereby Comfort Suites guests can use all the amenities of Atlantis including the pools. With each room at the Comfort Suites you can get 4 wrist bands. Taxis are available from the ship to Atlantis for $4. per person each way. If you just want to see the aquarium and walk around Atlantis (no pools), I think you can buy wristbands just for this at around $ 25. per person, kids slightly less.

lulu201
08-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Can you believe we only have 48 days until we get on the boat?
I can't believe it! Once school starts the days will zoom by, won't they? Do you all have plans on getting to the port early? Our plan is to NOT be the first in line, but rather to mosey on over from WDW and amble onto the boat, grab some shrimp at the buffet, and just RELAX! No plans for Palo or the spa this time, so no ressie lines either.

I admire all you planners and packers out there--I haven't picked up a thing to bring with us yet. No, that's not true; I got some black capris and evening sandals! I plan on getting the bonine, though, and will definitely have to get a green ribbon or a Mickey head or SOMETHING to let everyone know I'm a DISer, but I guess I've been just swamped with work, school shopping, and little end-of-summer trips to visit family.

Anyone worried about the weather? I'm figuring we'll just take it as it comes. . .as long as we're on a Disney cruise we have to have fun!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc

Tracie Wallace
08-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi WeRHappy. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is held at the Magic Kingdom. Its a ticketed event starting at 7:00 pm. Deb Willis's site (www.wdwig.com) has a lot of information regarding the event. You can buy the tickets for it on the Disneyworld website. I've not been before so I can't advise as to the suitability for a 1 and a 4 year old - but its at Magic Kingdom so I would image they would have a lot of fun. The only problem might be the hours, since it doesn't start until 7:00 pm.

And Laura - I haven't started to pack yet. I ordered the Passporter from Amazon back in March - and still haven't received it. I ordered the deluxe version. I may just cancel and get the paperback version if I don't receive it in the new few weeks.

My DD (age 6) started school last Friday. Time is already starting to go by to fast.

PMelhorn
08-19-2003, 07:59 AM
I have been going through to see how may families will we be on board looks like about 15 with a couple sets of grandparents. That is just great!
I have started putting items into a box when I run across them so I guess I have started packing.

I was wondering how many families are repeat cruisers?
We are and we just love the ship. We will be stay in 2 adjoining cat. 9 cabins.

Still haven't made it to Home Depot but hopeful today.

I can't believe we are only about 46 days away from walking on the great ship.

Welcome everyone to the the Oct.5 cruise.

PMelhorn
08-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Which color of green? I got some of all. Figured if I didn't use them for my door on the cruise I could use them in a scrap book.

lulu201
08-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Peggy, I think it's a wild neon green!:cool:

jenschaef1
08-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi Peggy,

Just checked my chips. I got "Alien" Green, but if I remember, there were several that looked lime to me. I lovely color for your walls...can you just see the Home Depot Paint Dept Personel wondering what happened to all those very bright green paint chips:confused:

Jennifer

PMelhorn
08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Jennifer,
That is funny. Wonder how long it will take Home Depot to figure out that something is up with the "Lime" Mickey chips. I have Alien Green plus several others. I thought they would be great to cut the kids faces out of a picture and stick them on the chips.
I even have a lime color pair of shorts I can wear.
Can't wait to board the ship.

Talked with DCL yesterday and the CM told that the ship was just about full. I was hoping our sailing would get some upgrades. It really seems like alot of the other sailing are getting luck on the upgrades.

If anyone recieves doc. post to let the rest of us know so we can be on the watch out.

Can't wait to get everything. I am just like a kid when it comes to DCL.

Tracie Wallace
08-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Now you're making me feel bad - I haven't starting packing, I haven't picked up any green Mickeys, and I haven't booked any shore excursions.

I just got out of a week in the hospital, back to work with loads to do - and this morning I had a flat tire. I NEED A VACATION! How about a cruise? Great idea! I want to go NOW!:smooth:

Laurarn
08-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi Tracie, hope your week gets alittle better for you. Don't stress, it'll all fall into place.
Peggy- ditto on the cruise docs. I'll let you know when I get mine. I'm not sure what color Mickey head I got, but it was flourescent green of some sort. I figure I'll put my screen name on it on the door.
I'm not planning on booking any excursions for Freeport or Nassau. However, can we book excursions for CC in advance? What are your thoughts about the bike ride. Do alot of people take advantage of that or just lay on the beach? I guess I'm trying to decide to do the package deal or a la carte for snorkeling and float rentals. My DD5 just starting riding on two wheels, do they have small bikes for the kids to ride?
Take Care,
Laura

WeRHappy
08-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi Tracie and Jennifer!

Thanks for all the info re: Mickey's Halloween Party and the Comfort Suites. Sounds like we may do the Comfort Suites if we can get a good deal on the rooms!
I was wondering the same thing about the cruise docs (has anyone receieved them yet?!). We're getting anxious to fill all the paperwork out!
Where is eveyone staying before the cruise? Any recommendations? I'm a little scared by what I've read on other threads re: the Radisson.
Jennifer, we'll be driving past you tomorrow on our way to central Ca. to see family...:wave:
(Make mental note: Home Depot--neon green ears)

Almost forgot to ask ... if you are in MK at 7pm when MNSSHP starts do they ask you to leave if you did not buy at ticket or do they close the park early?

Thanks!

--Carrie:earsgirl:

PMelhorn
08-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Tracie don't feel bad. I hope you feel better if you just got out of the hospital. You have a solid 6 weeks. We are not doing any excursions at Nassua or Freeport. We may just step off and walk around the dock a little so my DN can say she did. You can book your excursions in advance for CC. We are doing the Castaway Cay Getaway Package for myself, DH and DD9. A CM told me I could get the child seat for my DH bike once on CC. Child seat for DS3. My DS13 and DN14 will be doing the Wild Side excursion. I book a couple of days ago.
I figured I would just go ahead and get the CC Getaway Package for $32 if you do snokeling and a float it is $31. So for a $1 more we can take a bike ride. Can't want to see CC we wasn't able to dock last time. So I think I ready for a bike ride too.
I don't know if they have kids bikes for sure but they should because you can reserve the package for them too.

As far as MNSSHP they told me they close the park a 6 and reopen at 7

I do wish this was Sept. instead of Oct.

I plan to put a neon mickey on the door with my screen also.

WeRHappy
08-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Peggy... and everyone else!
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about the Getaway one too and I think it's a pretty safe way to go. I'm so happy you told me about the timing on the Halloween party. The other family traveling with us only have 4 days to see Disney World after the cruise so I'm sure they either won't want to be in the MK on that day or buy tix for it. I'm assuming the Park Hopper passes do not include addmission for the party right?!

Okay...thanks!
--Carrie

watshakinranch
08-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions? We are traveling with DS3, DS5 so I know my options are limited. I have bought everyone a snorkel set (clearance at Wal-Mart!) Will Disney allow me to take the kids to the snorkel area with me if he is in a float? Also, can I leave the kids on the ship while I go into port? I'm kind of nervous about this! Am I a bad parent? Read on another discussion board that I would be a bad parent! (I think he said "the family that plays together, stays together") I'm not a religious fanatic, so I need veteran cruiser opinions!

I haven't packed any clothes, but Wal-Mart summer clearance items love me!

jenschaef1
08-20-2003, 08:45 PM
werhappy (carrie),
We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. We are getting a larger room (we are a family of 6) , ocean view for $109. I originally called them because they have transportation to the port but...doesn't leave until 11:45 and is $6. per person RT. For our family thats $36. might as well park at the port. Disregard email I sent ya reread your travel plans above and think your going past Tracie's area.
Have a great time,
jennifer

PMelhorn
08-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Carrie,
We was told it was not included. You think it would be included.

I wonder if disney will let the little ones in the snorkling area in a float too. My ds would love that.
I need to get a floating device for him.

jenschaef1
08-20-2003, 11:07 PM
watshakin: I don't think the vast majority of the people on these boards would think you were a "bad Parent" for leaving your kids in programming and doing an excursion. According to threads I've read here, you are allowed to do that...just let the CM know that you are off the ship. (apparently your pagers won't work). OK, that being said, for some reason I'm not real comfortable with the idea for my DD3 and DS6 (my DH thinks I'm way overprotective) so we have limited the time we are going to be unreachable to the 2.5 hr seahorse snorkle at CC and then later after having lunch with the kids, a 1 hr parasail.:)
Jennifer

WeRHappy
08-21-2003, 03:36 AM
LOL Jennifer! I thought you were the one living in Valencia... yes, in fact I did mean Tracie! Sorry for the mix up:p !

Hi Whatshakin! I too have been considering the same things about leaving our DS(1) and DS(4) on the boat to do an excursion. I think this time around we'll either take them with, or just hang out on the boat within paging distance. The only excursion (and it's not really through DCL) we are thinking of doing is getting a room at the Comfort Suites(?) in Nassau and going to the kiddie pools/slides, float, etc. at Atlantis. I heard that Freeport wasn't very exciting. Anyone else?
Also, has anyone gone on the Dolphin encounter before? The family traveling with us is trying to figure out if it's worth going. Do you actually get to "swim" with them or just "pose" for pix?

Thanks again Peggy... yep! The tix should be included considering all the $$ we're giving Disney this trip!!;)

--Carrie

jenschaef1
08-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Carrie:
We went to Freeport on a cruise (NCL not DCL) about 12 years ago. I don't remember too much other than walking around the lucayan shopping area. Not too memorable I guess. :rolleyes: DH was not impressed so I think we are going to either stay on the ship or maybe take a cab over to the Lucayan hotel area and go to the beach for a few hours. We are going to Comfort Suites/Atlantis the day before and so we will probably use most of our Freeport day to relax...Spa...maybe Palo...wine tasting...family activities.:)
have a great day,
jennifer

jenschaef1
08-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Bumping to page 1.

Looks like 3 day Wonder people going on Oct. 2nd are receiving their Docs...We are next!

Have a great day!
Jennifer:)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
The happy Doc Dance- Who will be first?

Tracie Wallace
08-21-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone!

I'll be on a look out for those cruise documents. They just make everything seem more real.

Carrie - here's mental wave "hello" as you head up I5.

Regarding MNSSHP - it is a separate ticket from the Hopper Pass. I was told that if you show your MNSSHP ticket when you enter, you can get a wrist bracelet that will allow you to stay in the park while they move everyone else out.

When I went to Mickey's Christmas Party a few years ago, they gave me the wrist I.d. I actually had dinner reservations at Liberty Tavern and stayed there between 6 and 7

Yes, you can leave your children on board while you go off on an excursion. They may prefer this. I know my daughter would rather stay on board and play rather than go checking out shops and such!

I still haven't decided on any excursions. I know my husband would like to do some exploring of Nassau. I think Atlantis would be fun - but its not really exploring the Bahamas. The Dig sounds interesting though.

Maybe I can make it over to Home Depot this weekend. I'm actually taking my daughter and her best friend to see "Freaky Friday" at the El Capitan. You can go to a Princess Tea Party afterwards - Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, and two others I can't remember. Only an additional $18 per person. lol

Here's to those cruise documents!

PMelhorn
08-21-2003, 08:59 PM
It shouldn't be long now on those Doc.
Thanks for the post about the Oct 2 doc arriving.
I am so excited!

PMelhorn
08-24-2003, 10:33 PM
Let us know if you recieve doc. The excitement is building. We are almost under the 40 day mark!

PamCo88
08-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Waiting for Docs. Can't Wait!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PMelhorn
08-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Just recieved a call from my TA she has my doc. . She will be sending them to me in the morning by Fedex. I should have them in hand Thursday.

Tracie Wallace
08-26-2003, 04:57 PM
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!:mad: o.K. Dreams Unlimited - where are my docs!!?

jenschaef1
08-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Thats great Peggy! Hopefully the rest of our Docs wont be far behind. We are using All Seasons so I don't really expect mine for at least a few more days...have to come from FL (saw on another thread that they delivered via snaaaiiillll mail?!) . My DD14 decided to do the Wild Side after she saw that your DS and DN were going to go. She is very VERY shy so I was kind of surprised. We gave her the option of going on the Seahorse snorkle with us or the Wild side...oh well, I guess at 14 - they don't want to hang with Mom and Dad.
Hope everyone has Docs soon
Jennifer

PMelhorn
08-26-2003, 08:52 PM
My DD9 can be shy too. But I love to see her try new things.
I bet the Wild Side will be a blast. I would have loved to do that when I was a kid.
I can't believe we are under the 6 week mark.
Fun, Fun in the sun!:smooth:

Laurarn
08-27-2003, 06:34 AM
I'm keeping an eye out for our docs also. I'm so excited! I bought a cap for my DD9,whose birthday we'll celebrate on the ship. She wants to have the characters sign her cap. My DS12 1/2 would love to do the wild side (or anything with the 13 and ups) He's extremely athletic, but I told him they probably wouldn't let him since he's a few months from turning 13. He's disappointed, but I'm sure he'll find others in the same situation and find other things to do. He's very social. I picked up a waterproof (underwater) camera yesterday at Walmart. I loved the thread regarding the coffee a few days ago. (Especially Nick and Cindy's..ROTFLOL) My DH and I are big coffee drinkers in the morning, so I hope it's good. Let me know when the docs start arriving!
Regards,
Laura

PMelhorn
08-27-2003, 04:01 PM
We are planning to stay in Cocoa Beach after the cruise for a 3 nights and wonder if anyone else is planning to do the same.

watshakinranch
08-28-2003, 06:23 PM
I received my docs today from UPS. I booked through Dreams Unlimited.

I'm so excited. Of course, I have no idea what I am looking at! This is my first cruise so I'm at a loss! Stateroom 7024, Cat 8 (I think, unless I have been upgraded and don't know it!)

Any one else around me? I have to go get my green mickeys!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Tracie Wallace
08-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Congratulations on getting your docs! Can you just wave them near your p.c. and wish the rest of us luck?:teeth:
Can't you just feel those warm ocean breezes ruffling your hair!?

PMelhorn
08-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Isn't it a wonderful feeling to just have them in your hand?
Congrats!

Scott2tune
08-28-2003, 08:58 PM
oops

Scott2tune
08-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Our docs arrived UPS here in Newport Beach, CA - 4:00pm.

I didn't even open them yet- I wanted to let you all know- go look on your doorsteps!

FYI- we booked directly w/ Disney.

PMelhorn
08-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Thanks Scott2tune. It's nice to hear when everyone gets thier Docs. The excitement continues to build. Can't wait to step onboard that ship.

WeRHappy
08-29-2003, 01:25 PM
LOL Tracie..."can you feel the warm ocean breeze..."
Can't wait!!:Pinkbounc

Scott: We are only about an hour South of you... could you hold your docs up really high so we could see what they look like?!!:p

Where are the rest of ours??!!:confused:

Almost to the one month mark!!:bounce: Hooray!!

--Carrie

PS did anyone see my post or have any info re the dolphin encounter? and thanks again for the MNSSHP info everyone!!

Scott2tune
08-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Dear WeRHappy: Wouldn't it be great if our cruise weather was like our weather out here!

Does anyone know where we can see the ship itenerary (i.e. movie/show times) for our 4 day excursion?
I've seen the 3 day and 7 day.

It's not enough that I have scheduled nearly every second of our WDW trip from 9/27-10/4- now I have to obsess over our cruise schedule. Don't tell my DD12.
She'll think I'm neurotic- er- (scratch that)- more neurotic.

Partridge4ever
08-31-2003, 12:56 AM
Barb's site at ***************** has a recent set of 4 day Navigators. Scott, you sound a lot like me. I've got both of my kids' activities highlighted and cross-referenced to my own schedule. All I have to do is make adjustments when I see our actual Navigators onboard.

watshakinranch
08-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Scott2tune: I found a Navigator from the June 29, 2003 Wonder cruise on the "dcltribute.com" web site.
www.dcltribute.com/navigators/bahamas_4day_freeport.pdf

I printed it, highlighted it, read it again and again and again. Then I hid it from my husband so he could not see how much planning I have been doing! He is the one who wants to "fly by the seat of his pants".

I just feel that I will miss too much if I do not know what is going on EVERYWHERE!!

Are there meds or support groups for people like us!!

watshakinranch
08-31-2003, 01:06 AM
Partridge4ever: We have a disease if we are both up at 1:00 in the morning answering the disboard!! Perhaps the disboard is a "Neurotic Vacation Planner" support group in disguise.

What part of Alabama are you from. I am in the panhandle of FL which in affectionately called Lower Alabama. We are not the "real Florida", as many implants, alians and snowbirds repeatedly try to tell us.

Partridge4ever
08-31-2003, 01:20 AM
Hi! I think you're right about the Navigators being on Dave's site. I love them both.

I'm in Florence, the extreme NW corner of Ala. DH's college roommate was from Mobile, so we visited that area often pre-kids. DH also thinks I'm crazy and has acused me of making our kids the same way. His only plans are to gamble at the casinos in the ports and show up for dinner at 8:30 each night. DD7 has poured over the Navigators w/me. DD3 tells everyone we meet that we're going to cruise w/Mickey. If you ask her why her daddy has to work, she says to make money so he can take us to Disney World.

jgoens
08-31-2003, 01:42 AM
We are going in December on our first DC and can't wait! I have a couple of questions though.....I am fairly new to the boards and can you tell me what the bonine is and where do you get it. Also is there a specific color of green for the Mickey Heads? I am going to home depot to get some for our family.

Thanks and have a great time on your trip. I'll look forward to hearing all about it! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

watshakinranch
08-31-2003, 03:39 PM
jgoens: there is an excellent guide at the following site:

www.wdwig.com/cruise/cruise.shtml

Go the section 13.11 (sea sickness) and it will tell you alot about the different meds available. Some have to be prescribed by a MD

Warning!! Don't try to print the guide from the computer, it is 80 pages long! I downloaded it to my computer and cut the parts that I did not need and condensed to 30 pages.

Green mickeys: since you are going on a December cruise, find the thread in reference to your sailing date. The Oct. 5th disboard visitors are identifying themselves with "green mickeys", so the disboard members sailing with you may have a different way of identifying themselves. I hope you find sailing mates as nice and helpful as the Oct 5th sailors. IF NOT, you can always come back to this thread and chat with us.

Laurarn
08-31-2003, 09:03 PM
I think we should wear our green mickey's (instead of, or in addition to) putting them on our door during our Oct. 5th cruise. I think there's more of a chance of running into one another and know we're a DIS'er if we have one stuck to our shirt while we're out and about than walking down a hall and seeing it on a door. It certainly would be a 'conversation piece'. What do you think??? Still waiting on docs......Regards, Laura:)

watshakinranch
08-31-2003, 10:23 PM
PMelhorn: Peggy, last week we were discussing if Disney would allow the little ones in the snorkel area with a floatation device. Dreams Unlimited finally replied back to me and said Disney would not allow children under 5 in the snorkel lagoon, but they could do it on their own in the swim area.

Laura: I have not went to Home Depot yet, but I was wondering: can you drill or cut a hole in it. I was thinking of connecting it to a lanyard or making a necklace out of it, so I could remove and put it back on easily.

Stupid question but is everyone else just about to pee in their pants with excitement! :bounce: :bounce: I'm driving my husband insane and we just started planning this trip a month ago. Kudos to all of you who can book a trip a year in advance!!:eek:

jenschaef1
09-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
In addition to putting green mickeys on our door I was going to purchase one of those lanyards with a ziplock type pouch and put a home depot green mickey in there with my screen name on it. KTTW card will also go into pouch...one less thing to carry around. I saw some on nice plastic pouches for sale on ebay...think I better run over there and get a few...think they are $1.00 or $1.25 a piece...If you want more info just let me know and I will get the sellers ebay store for you, I think I have it bookmarked.

Still waiting on my Docs....ARE YOU LISTENING ALL SEASONS...I WANT MY DOCS!!!! Just kidding...I'm sure they will be here soon. :jester:

I want to do the Doc Dance too!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Jennifer

mic_KY_mouses
09-01-2003, 09:54 AM
We are coming aboard on this thread.....because we, too, will be on the Oct 5. sailing. It's DH, DS (7) and myself. We are from Kentucky and will be cruising on our DVC points. This is our first ever cruise, so you'd think we would be clueless as far as what to expect. NOT!!!

We have planned, planned, and over planned every detail thanks to DIS! We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas for 4 days prior and will drive to the port. We have one of the secret porthole rooms, thanks to DH finding info on here about them. We are sooooooo excited.

I made a trip to Home Depot yesterday and got the green mickey paint samples. Is there any other way DIS members plan on using them other than the ones mentioned here already?

disneyfan5
09-01-2003, 10:02 AM
HI TO ALL, WE WILL ALSO BE ON THE OCT.5TH WONDER, ME, MY DH, DD11 AND DS5. WE ARE SO EXCITED. WE HAVE BEEN TO WDW, NUMEROUS TIMES WITH SEASON PASSES BUT NEVER ON THE DISNEY CRUISE, AND MY KIDS HAVE NEVER CRUISED. THEY ARE SO EXCITED. WE WILL BE STAYING THE SAT. 4TH BEFORE BOARDING AT ROYAL PACIFIC, LOOKING FORWARD TO CHECKING THAT OUT. AFTER THE CRUISE WE ARE HEADING TO WILD ADVENTURES IN VALDASTA, GEORGIA, HEARD LOTS OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT. SINCE WE WENT TO DISNEY 7 TIMES LAST YEAR, WE ARE SKIPPING THIS YEAR AND GOING BACK NOV. OF 04. ANYWAY, DONT LEAVE US, WE ARE ON.

PamCo88
09-01-2003, 12:02 PM
I am still trying to wait patiently for my Docs to arrive. Maybe we'll be lucky and get an upgrade since they are making me wait ;) Can't hurt by always hoping :D

I have some of the paint chips, but have tried to get more - who is swiping them from Saugus, MA home depo???

jenschaef1
09-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Welcome Mic-Ky and Disneyfan!!!

PamCo: You must be getting soooooo excited about your upcoming wedding!!! LOL about the green Mickeys.

Jennifer

pcutrone
09-01-2003, 12:35 PM
I'll be on as well. It will be me (35), my sister (27), my brother (32) and his wife (36) along with their 2 year old and our parents Dad (56) and Mom (53).

watshakinranch
09-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Jennifer: please give us all the info on the lanyards you described. But please disguise the name "E-Bay" :smooth: so my husband will not know I am going into the forbidden zone. hee hee!

Kentucky mouses, pcutrone: welcome to the thread. Glad you signed on!! Keep talking!

Disneyfan5: Also a welcome to you. I see you are from Pensacola so I know you are taking the cruise while the kids are on fall break. I am from Chumuckla, Northeast of you. When people ask me where it is, I ask them have they ever seen the movie "Deliverance"!:eek:

PamCo88: I think I got upgraded and didn't figure it out until last night when I was comparing the deck plans to see if I could change rooms. My docs say Cat 8, Room 7024. Called Disney this am and they said that was a Cat 5 with a balcony.

Problem: My 3 year old is Dennis the Menace reincarnated. Will they stop the ship if he falls over? Can I leash him to the bed? I might be changing rooms with some of you if he gives me a heart attack:tongue:

jenschaef1
09-01-2003, 02:14 PM
watshakin:
LOL haven't stopped laughing since I read your post an hour ago. Shhh, I won't tell your DH you have been to that other site, if you don't tell my DH I've been there. Disboards and E***, my only addictions. :) Congrats on upgrade...I was wondering if anyone here would get one ;)

The lanyard sellers E*** name is: Funtony (there are other sellers of lanyards but he also stocks the neat ziplock pouches in his store: When You Wish Collectables)

Welcome Pcutrone and anyone else I may have missed!!!

Looks like DCL may have been moving people around, noticed on Orbitz the other day that Cat 11 previously GTY now has specific rooms available and Cat 10 which previously had rooms available has gone to GTY. Also noticed some changes in higher cats but can't remember the specifics.

;)

disneyfan5
09-01-2003, 08:12 PM
WATSHAKINRANCH: WE ACTUALLY LIVE IN PACE BUT MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS SO I SAY PENSACOLA, I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AT, HAVE A FUN CRUISE.

PMelhorn
09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Welcome mic_KY_mouses, disneyfan5 and pcutrone. Glad to have you aboard.

I have been trying to keep count of the families form the board who will be on the ship and this is what I have come up with.
17 families, 4 sets of grandparents and a JUST MARRIED COUPLE( PamCo88 )

PamCo88, Congradulations on your up coming wedding.

watshakinranch,
How long have you known you were in cabin 7024?
What cat did you pay for? I am assuming a cat 8 since you thought cabin 7024 was a cat 8. What a great mistake!
When you booked did they give you a cabin number or was it assigned later?
Sorry for all the questions just wondering what the chance is for the rest of us to get a upgrade.

I did noticed that cat 9 was now GTY.

By the way CONGRADULATIONS!!

I plan to put a green mickey on our cabin door plus put one in my lanyard each PMelhorn on them.

PMelhorn
09-01-2003, 09:02 PM
:earseek: 100 post for this thread.

watshakinranch
09-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Peggy: I booked through DU, originally wanted a cat 11 (DH is "frugal") but she offered me a cat 8 for only $150 more and I thought the boys would enjoy looking out the porthole. Then I received my tickets. I purchased my tickets within 90 days of sailing. I did not request a room, it was just GTY. I hope this helps but I am still lost.

Jennifer: how many people on this thread are ROFLMAO over my question "Can I drill a hole in the green mickey? They are PAPER for god sake!! Everyone was calling them chip or something so I thought they were hard!! Oh, by the way I went to Home Depot and got my green mickeys (one of every green color) My DS5 wanted a blue one and DS3 wanted an orange, so for the children of the thread- if you are wearing Home Depot merchandise (no matter the color) we will know you!

EVERYONE: Join in to sing "It's A Small World" Disneyfan5 and I live only 20 miles apart!! OH!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Does someone in your house work at WFH with my DH!!! He works in Open Heart!! He was telling me about someone going on the same cruise!! This is getting spooky! If you DO know my husband, don't tell him about the E-*** thing. I am banned!

It's late and I talk too much. But hey where is Partridge--she was lurking late into the night the other night also!

disneyfan5
09-02-2003, 08:13 AM
watshakinranch: hello, your in luck, no we dont work at WFH. My DH drives a truck and I am a home mommy. But I wouldnt tell about your E thing anyway. Getting so close and excited. I do have to come up with something different to hang on our door so my dd and ds can find the door easily. I also have not received my docs yet, hopefully this week, also I am gonna call today to see if we got a upgrade, hoping for some pixie dust. bye

jenschaef1
09-02-2003, 10:54 AM
watshakin:

rotflmbo

Quote:so for the children of this thread, if you are wearing Home Depot Merchandise (no matter what the color) we will know who you are.

Just had an image of children wearing different color hammers and other items from Home Depot.

Nope, No one here would laugh at you just cause you thought you needed a drill for the Green mickeys...I just figured you hadn't seen them yet.

Great upgrade!

Everyone: Any other upgrades?

I'm still waiting on my Docs, anyone with All Seasons get theirs yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-02-2003, 11:37 AM
I was at my sister's house this weekend and had Disboard withdrawals!

STILL haven't received my docs:(

Still haven't booked any shore excursions -

Still haven't been to Home Depot (you guys are making me look bad - I thought I was the obsessive planner)

but I printed out the Navigators at least a month ago!!!:cool:

I'm waiting to do the docs dance :Pinkbounc

Hello to everyone!!!

disneyfan5
09-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi to all, I called today and I did get a upgrade from cat. 11, to a cat. 9 outside with window, wonderful, I am soooo happy. I also made it to home depot today for a few different color mickeys. will stick a couple on the door so my dd-11 and ds-5 , will know what door is ours. That is unless alot of others are doing this too, so if two little ones show up at your door, most likely they are mine. ha ha. have a good day.

Laurarn
09-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi Tracie! I'm in the same boat as you....
No docs yet.
No excursions booked. (My DD9 wants to do a dolphin encounter. I figure that instead of spending 200-300 dollars for the 5 of us for 3 hrs, we might go to Sea World when we get back to port and spend the whole day there.)
I just realized that when I went to Home Depot (a while back) I only picked up one green mickey for the door. I want to wear one also, so I can meet some of these great DISboard'ers. So, another trip back to HD.
I'm so excited! Almost a month away! We didn't go anywhere this summer for vacation and the kids went back to school the beginning of August, so I can't wait for this vacation!
Also, I'm an ebay addict too.
By the way, Hello and welcome to all the new folks that just checked in on the boards for October 5th:)
Laura

PMelhorn
09-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Maybe the upgrade fairy will find the rest of us.

Congraduations on the upgrade.:smooth:

jenschaef1
09-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Disneyfan:

Are you on deck 2 or 1? We are in connecting 2583 and 2585 (unless the rooms are changed last minute). The green mickeys will be on the door and I have a DD (12th bday onboard) and DS who just turned 6 last week. With 4 kids...I just might mistake your two for mine:rolleyes: ;) Just kidding!

Congrats on your upgrade!

I saw the Fedex guy, the UPS guy and the USPS guy- none of them stopped at my house to give me my docs...maybe tomorrow?:D

Have a great rest of the day
jennifer

watshakinranch
09-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Jennifer, you have my brain on the Home Depot track. Now I am imagining putting my boys in their miniature HD aprons (nephew works there!) WITH the green mickeys attached on the front. Would that be too obvious?

OR I have a better idea. Earlier someone had mentioned putting their childs picture on the mickey and attaching it to the door (great idea!) then we can ALL put our kids pictures on PamCo's honeymoon suite. Just preparing her for future Disney cruises with children!:bounce: :Pinkbounc MOMMY! MOMMY!

I don't know why you haven't gotten your docs yet, maybe b/c there is no Arizona, no Painted Desert, no Sedona. Just a thought.

Traci: you're in Cali....I just don't know where they are......

PamCo88
09-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Kids don't bother us at all. Plan on having them, but not on the Honeymoon. We had to tell several nieces they could not come with us on this trip. Maybe next year. hehe. We are already planning to rebook next year for our anniversary.

Still haven't gotten docs. The Delivery guys are all freaked by me stalking them when they drive thru the neighborhood.

PMelhorn
09-03-2003, 12:12 PM
The Delivery guys are all freaked by me stalking them when they drive thru the neighborhood.

LOL PamCo88

I thought FedEx was going to banned me from calling she final asked if I wanted to pick them up since it was taking the FedEx man so long to get them to me and I said of course and where.

The kids loved it. FedEx is only about 10 minutes away and is a the airport. We drove almost right up to the FedEx planes.

jenschaef1
09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi all:
Yikes, got to bump us back up to page 1.

Travel Channel is airing DCL special this week. Our local station is airing it FRI at 6pm, FRI at 9pm, and Sun 11am. Your times most likely will be somewhat different. I've seen it before but plan on watching again...could I get any more excited?;)

Watshakin: LOL

Pamco: Nieces on a honeymoon, no no no ...won't work. ;)
I'm sending a little pixie dust your way...OK disney "powers that be" , it's Pamco's honeymoon (they know that right?) How about an upgrade for the honeymoon couple!

More later...gotta go find those delivery people:cool:

Jennifer

Laurarn
09-03-2003, 02:44 PM
I got them! I got them! My docs arrived! Mine came FedEx. Makes it seem even more real.
Laura

Tracie Wallace
09-04-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm reading now that people on the 10/11 cruise are getting their documents - and I still haven't received mine!:(

I had a dream last night that the reason I wasn't receiving my documents was that DCL was in the process of upgrading me to a Cat. 2 cabin.:teeth:

I'd like to think it was premonition - but I think its just a wistful fantasy.:smooth:

On October 4th I'll be at EPCOT!!!

jenschaef1
09-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Tracie: If it makes you feel better, saw your post...went and checked the mailbox...no docs either. :rolleyes: Who is your travel agent? We have All Seasons, talked to them some time ago about when I would receive docs and they told me 3 weeks before cruise. Apparently they used to send them out earlier (maybe when they received them from DCL) but that people would lose them. :rolleyes: I would think that your travel agent has them from DCL (guess thats how it works?) but just hasn't forwarded them to you. If its a local agent you could probably just call them, if its a big Agent like All Seasons I know they group everything and send everything out to all their customers on a given cruise at the same time. Sure hope I get mine soon:confused:

OK All seasons...I promise I won't lose my cruise docs...please send them...pretty please! I would reeaaallllly like to do the doc dance. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Have a great day,
jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Travel Agent is Dreams Unlimited. I'm not too worried yet. If I don't get them in the next 2 weeks -then I'll start worrying.

Now if I just wasn't so busy at work!!!!!

Partridge4ever
09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Wow! I've had a busy week and didn't get to read the boards until tonite. We're up to 8 pages of posts!

We're leaving for Florida 4 weeks from tomorrow. My kids and I are about to explode from the excitement. We booked in July of 2002 so it's been a looong wait. Still no docs here. I think I've done everything I can do in advance. I'm really tempted to go ahead and pack our swimsuits.

PMelhorn
09-05-2003, 03:28 PM
We are at the 30 day mark.
Just 4 weeks from today and I am on my way to Cocoa Beach to board the ship of my dreams, The DISNEY WONDER!!!

Today I had all the legal stuff done so I can bring my DN. I so happy that is over. One less thing to have on my mind. Docs. are ready and so am I.

mdisdis
09-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi Partridge4ever - Looks like we're from the same neck of the woods...what part of 'Bama are you from?

Tracie Wallace
09-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Well I'm a bit closer. Make some excursion reservations and picked up green Mickeys at Home Depot.

Come on travel docs!!!

Just read that a train at Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland detailed. 11 persons injured and 1 fatality.

Partridge4ever
09-05-2003, 05:55 PM
mdisdis: I'm in Florence. I have a friend who lives in Toney. It's funny how many families on this cruise are from Alabama. I bet it's because of Fall Break. I told my DH WDW wouldn't be crowded. Hope I'm not wrong! We've always gone in Dec./Jan. in the past but w/DD in 2nd grade, I don't want to take her out of school for trips any more.

So sad about BTM in Disneyland.

Tracie Wallace
09-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, I have family in Prattville - does that count? I've never been there though.

My daughter has fall break the week of 6th October - which is why we're going that week. She's only in first grade, but the school has me scared to take her out any other time.

I admit I'm curious about the crash on BTM. There have been so many complains on the boards lately about Disney putting off maintenance. Makes me a little leary about the rides now!

disneyfan5
09-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi to all, I checked my mail not even expecting it and sure enough there they were, I guess when you quit looking for it, it comes. We are on deck 2, cat. 9, room 2502, very front of the ship, I sure hope that is ok, anyone stayed around here, do you notice the boat moving more up front? Kinda nervous about that. Now we are just hoping when we board we can be changed from late dining to early dining, as we are use to eating dinner around 4 or 4:30 everyday, we are not late diners, so we will hope for a little more pixie dust. Hope all recieve their docs soon. Now we just have to fill them all out over the next week, have a good weekend.

watshakinranch
09-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Checking in real quick! Husband is not working this weekend, so I can not lurk throughout the night. (Partridge, where are you? It's 10:50 at night!)

Traci: I'm waving the docs in front of the screen for you. What excursions have you chosen?

I can't find an excursion that I HAVE to go on so we are renting a car in Nassau. DH doesn't know that I am making a "List of things I want to do." Been checking into Crystal Cay Marine Park. Does anyone know anything about this? Also the Bacardi Rum Factory. I want to see the "real" island and the people who are trying to sell things do not bother me. Gonna play tourist!

PamCo88
09-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, I still have not gotten mine yet. Guess I'll have to wait even longer. I just really want to see them. Ok, have no choice but to wait for them. Any others get theirs?

mic_KY_mouses
09-06-2003, 10:59 PM
We received our docs on Friday and we live in Kentucky. We booked using our DVC points, so I didn't have a travel agent.

I was expecting a Fedex box or something. Ours was a small wallet-sized box delivered by UPS. I almost missed it when I checked inside my front door. :eek:

Glad I looked twice. Now I've read it probably 5 times. I am sooooo anxious. This is our first ever cruise.

We watched the Travel Channel special on Disney cruises last night. Between that and reading the docs and watching the DCL promo video I am working myself into a frenzy... :crazy:

lulu201
09-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Hi, everybody!

We're looking forward to getting our docs, too. Talked to Donna at DU via email at the end of last week and she said Disney told her they'd be mailing ours out "in the next week or two."

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I can't wait! I need a vacation!

We've got the green Mickeys, some travel size toothpastes, and the sunscreen ready to pack. . .I'm slowly, but surely, beginning to get us ready. Now if I could just lose 20 lbs. . .:p

Laurarn
09-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi Lulu201-don't worry. Your docs will come soon. I was alittle disappointed. I expected alot of stuff to fill out. Most of them were not applicable (we're driving down). Mainly, it was just to put our addresses on each card for each passenger and that was it. The other paperwork that came with it was stuff that I had received previously...like trip insurance info. What part of Bucks County are you in? My sisters and their families and my parents are all in different parts of Bucks Co. Can you believe that we'll be on the ship in one month?
Everyone on Oct 5th- We're trying to decide whether to give our kids (especially the older two-ages 10 and 12) charging privledges on the KTTW card. What are your thoughts?
Take Care everyone!
Laura

PMelhorn
09-07-2003, 02:24 PM
I believe it depends on the child. If you have one who really likes to buy things ( smoothies, toys, and etc..) beware. There are things to by everywhere.
My kids did great. I explaned to them what would cost and what did not. They love the fact they could get food at Scoops, Pluto's and the other with out it costing them anything. Plus we got them a coke sticker for their cards. So they could get a coke anytime they wanted. I believe that would have been what they wold have charged the most so I am all for the coke stickers. My oldest did charge a pair of goggles the last day.
The only real concern I have about the kids being able to charge is...what if they lose their card and don't tell us as so as they notice. Would we be responsable for the charges. Plus if they go to the pool and lay the card down with their other belongings, someone could pick it up and have a good time before the kids would even miss it. I believe this trip they will not have charging privledges they did not need them last time and I will be happy to take them shopping if they want or need something plus we are usually pretty close by. I guess sometimes you have to worried more about others being dishonest, then your kids getting shopping happy. Even DCL could have a bad person aboard.
I hope this help and it is just my thoughts. Can't wait to step aboard!!
:bounce: DH :Pinkbounc DW :bounce: DS13 :Pinkbounc DN14 :bounce: DS3 :Pinkbounc DD9 almost 10

watshakinranch
09-07-2003, 07:23 PM
This includes my DH. DS3, DS5 were horrible!!! I told them if they were this bad on the cruise, I will send them to the kids' club and they will only come out to sleep!! Unfortuately DS5 (almost 6!) has been looking at the REAMS of info I print and realized this was a ridiculous threat!

My DH was in a very giving mood with his credit card (WOW!) and the boys got little sports coats like their dad to wear. I have to admit they look adorable. DS5 wanted to play office in his suit this a.m.

Several questions so I will ask them all:

*where to stay Sat night
*what to do Saturday / Is KSC worth seeing?
*Is anyone doing anything in Freeport? (saw a really cool snorkeling safari on a catamaran "Fantasia" that has 2 slide and a rock climbing wall)
*What about Nassau?

DH :earsboy: me :crazy: DS5 :bounce: DS3:smooth:

Partridge4ever
09-07-2003, 08:47 PM
We're staying at the Radisson. My in-laws are going w/us, so we got the 1 br suite. It's still cheaper than 2 regular rooms at a cheaper place.

Haven't heard about the Fantasia thing. Let us know what you decide. We're staying on the ship, except for Castaway Cay.

Lots of people recommend KSC, but we live so close to Huntsville (Space Camp was filmed there) that I think I'll save it for when the kids are older. We plan to go to the beach and the national park/wildlife preserve.

jenschaef1
09-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone:

I received my Docs on Friday...spent early part of today filling them out while watching the DCL special on the Travel Channel. :) Still in the rooms I mentioned earlier in thread on Deck 2.

Watshakin: I know exactly what you mean about shopping with the kids...luckily spouse watched kids today while I went out to find some new stuff for cruise. UGH couldn't find anything - seems like all the summer stuff is pretty picked over. Spent the rest of the afternoon on that other (banned?!!) website (E***) and managed to snag some NWT deals from Limited Too for DD(almost)12 who decided to grow ALOT this summer:rolleyes: Then I called my Dad in FL, who just moved 1 hr north of WDW, to let him know exactly when we would be visiting (Thurs and Fri after cruise).

OK now to answer questions:
1. Sat nite we will be at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. We got a "larger than average" oceanview room that sleeps 6 for around $110. We will have a rental van which we will park at the port.
2. Heard on these boards that KSC was nice
3. Can't get DH to commit to anything in Freeport...guess we will just "wing it" when we get there. The "fantasia" thing sounds fun...where did you get info on it?
4. In Nassau we rented 2 rooms at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island for an Atlantis Day.

Have a great evening
Jennifer
:cool:

lulu201
09-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Hi, everyone! Maybe our docs will come today???

Laura, we live not too far from Doylestown and have a business in Southampton. Does your family leave near us?

Still not too sure about DD charging on the card. . .maybe a couple of smoothies, but I can't imagine her doing much more than that. She's not sure what's she's going to be doing in the teen program (she'll be turning 13 on 10/3)--will probably be hanging out with us most of the time. Now if she had a couple of girlfriends with her and was running around the ship, I might be a little scared about that card!:p

We're planning on winging it in Freeport--will probably head out to the beach for a couple of hours if the weather's good. In Nassau will be at the Comfort Suites and Atlantis for the day. I can't wait for some bright sunshine and Bahamian breezes!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Laurarn
09-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Lulu201: I have family in Bensalem, Warminster, and Chalfont.
We didn't plan any excursions. (Hope we don't regret that). I would love to lay on a beach for the day. Hopefully, we'll have a beautiful day at Castaway Cay. I think we'll head over to Orlando after the cruise and do one of the parks. I am really looking forward to this vacation. We visited our families in PA in July and went to Ocean City, NJ for the day, but the weather was soooo cold that day. We wore sweatshirts on the beach and the ocean temp was only 61 degrees! I'm ready for warm water, tropical breezes, and a pina colada! Ahhh!
Peggy: Thanks so much for your reply. I think the kids would be okay charging a few things. But if they are with a group of friends, they may spend more. Maybe, I'll take an advance deposit from their piggy banks:) If they spend over their budget, it gets deducted.
Happy packing and planning everyone! Hope we get to meet at some point over the cruise. Wear those HD green mickeys:)
Laura

Tracie Wallace
09-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Well, I'm still waiting for those docs ... Hopefully this week!!!!

I'm totally jealous of all you have received them.

Anyway, I booked the catamaran snorkel tour in Nassau and parasailing in Castaway Cay. Nothing for Freeport. The catamaran ride in Nassau is at 9:00 am - so I figure we'll have time to get back to the ship, eat, then explore some of the town. I'm thinking about staying on board in Freeport - but we'll see.

I seem to be the only one excited in my family. Even my 6 year old hasn't expressed a lot of interest. I think she's too caught up in the day-to-day school stuff. She's more excited about a birthday party she's going to next weekend!

In 4 weeks we'll all be sailing. Can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

WDWgirls
09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Hello - I'm new to this board but I have been a Disney fan for years. This will be my first Disney cruise with my DH, DD7 and DD7. The girls will be within 1 month of their 8th birthday so they will be able to do both clubs. We are in a category 5 - DH had to have a verandah. It will be our 9th anniversary on 10/8. We are hoping for Palo that night. Any tips for Palo reservations? My husband and I are very excited. My girls don't know about it yet - we were going to surprise them. Will Sept. never end!!!

watshakinranch
09-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Where's PamCo? Just had a vision of her running down the FedEx man in her wedding dress!! For the love of Disney, she a bride!!! She shouldn't have to worry about stalking delivery men!!

Traci... perhaps your governor has your docs!! (I'm from FL and lived through the "Chad" jokes; you must live through the governor jokes) Of course, I would vote for Arnold! Truly.... Sending pixy dust your way....with an upgrade!!

Welcome WDWgirls!! Tell us about yourself, get your green Mickeys from Home Depot (see previous pages for FULL explanation) and keep talking!

Fantasia boat: the web site I got my info from was:
www.thebahamian.com/patdiane
I also called and spoke with Diane at 1-612-605-5243. It is $35/$18 for about 2 1/2 hours. Departure from Port Lucayan (which is 8 miles from Harbor) $10/ea for round trip taxi (per rate set by taxi "union")

We are also renting a car in Freeport (family of 4 is $40 any where I go) Debating on Fantasia or going to Paradise Cove which is a hotel/bar on beach at Deadman's Reef (supposed to be good snorkeling right off beach) We have our own snorkel equip, so the man said it is only $3 to snorkel.

Also looking at Fragrance Factory (you can make your own) and the Brewery. (Rum Factory, Brewery--and we barely even drink!) With a car, we can go more places in a short period of time.

I have actually found more I want to do in Freeport than in Nassau. Seriously thinking about cancelling the car in Nassau and just walking to business district. (but I'm sure DH will want the car) He has lived in the Carribean twice (compliments of the U.S. Navy) and not afraid of casting out on our own.

PMelhorn
09-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Happy to see you will be sailing with us.
Cruise time is just aroung the corner.
My daughter will be 10 the same month as we cruise but From my understanding they have to chose one age group to attend. They can not go to both. My daughter thought it would be great to go to both. But I read on these board that was a no no. I believe she is planning on the 10-12 yr. group.
I think I am the most excited at my house. The kids have told me that the excitement will hit them once we are on the road to FL

PamCo88
09-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Well, No Docs yet. HOW LONG DOES A GIRL HAVE TO WAIT???

My Sweetie has finally joined the Dis - Disco88

Welcome Sweetie.

Hopefully he finds the link.

Still hoping for an upgrade ;)

PMelhorn
09-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Happy to see you will be sailing with us.
Cruise time is just aroung the corner.
My DD9 will be 10 the same month as we cruise but From my understanding they have to chose one age group to attend. They can not go to both. My daughter thought it would be great to go to both. But I read on these board that was a no no. I believe she is planning on the 10-12 yr. group.
I think I am the most excited at my house. The kids have told me that the excitement will hit them once we are on the road to FL
I wish it was the Monday before the 5th I am ready to board that ship and have fun. DCL is the best. It is the only vacation I have ever been on with the kids and feel like I am on vaction too. It is wonderful all the special attention they give to everyone.
Don't forget you lime green Mickey's form the Home Depot.

Tracie Wallace
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Still waiting IMPATIENTLY for my docs!!!

Here's our merry band of cruisers:

1) Pmelhorn (Peggy) DW, DH, DS-13yrs., DD-9yrs., DD-3yrs., and DN-14yrs.

2) Lulu201 DW,DH/DD,13

3) jenschaef1 (Jennifer) DH, DW,DD14, DD12, DS6, and DD3

4) PamCo88 DW, DH (Disney bride and groom!)

5) alexandrew DW, DH and DS's 7 and 2

6) Tracie Wallace (Tracie) DW,DH, DD 6yrs

7) Mdisdis (Martha) DW, DH, DS (age 7)

8) Scott2tune DH, DD (age 12)

9) Laurarn DH, DW DS 12, DD 9 and DD 5 plus neighbors DH, DW and DD age 12

10) Nubbins (Davina) dh36, dw34, ds 5, and ds3 and grandparents

11) Partridge4ever DW, DH, DD7 and DD3, plus DH's parents

12) disneymummy DW, DH, DD 8, DD 6 and DD 1

13) watshakinranch DH-35, DW-37, DS-6, DS-3

14) WeRHappy DW (35), DH(38), DS(4), DS(1), Grandma, Grandpa, Husband's business partner with wife and DD(8), DS(7).

15) mic_KY_mouses DW, DH, DS (7)

16) disneyfan5 DW, DH, DD11 AND DS5

17) pcutrone me (35), my sister (27), my brother (32) and his wife (36) along with their 2 year old and our parents Dad (56) and Mom (53)

18) WDWgirls DW, DH, DD7 and DD7 Cat 5

Wow! There are a bunch of us!!!

Tracie Wallace
09-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi watshakinranch:

Isn't California a joke lately. So, who do we have running for governor - let's see, a porn king, an Austrian actor, a blond with big b**bs and 250 other characters. I hope to get my absentee ballot pretty soon since I'll be cruizin when the vote takes place.

I've been thinking about changing my snorkeling to Freeport. I checked out the website you referenced. I believe that Disney uses http://www.2gbi.com/snorkel.html. Did you check them out as well? I was wondering if you had heard anything good or bad about either one of them.

Thanks for the pixie dust - I need it!!!

Tracie

Laurarn
09-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Add one more to our list. My DH is coming too. Our list for Oct 5th has grown since Peggy's 1st post on this thread. We have neighbors going also: DH, DW, DD12.

WDWgirls
09-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Thank you Peggy for the info on the kids clubs. I didn't realize they couldn't do both age groups. If I had to guess they will probably want to be with the older kids. Do you think they will let the girls look at both clubs first to see which one they like better? I have been debating on whether to tell the girls about the trip. We were going to surprise them but now I'm not sure. My husband says its because I'm a big kid and I can't keep a secret. Probably true. I'm just so excited! Will be getting my Disney fix this weekend with the kids - we are seasonal pass holders - it will help me get through September. Thanks for the welcome!

Tracie Wallace
09-09-2003, 05:43 PM
HI WDWgirls:

You might check out some of the kids Navigators to see which age group would have more activities your girls would like. You can check for current Navigators on
http://www.dcltribute.com
and
http://www.*****************
Also, both websites will give you a lot more information on the DCL.

Happy sailing!

jenschaef1
09-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi all,

WDWGirls: Welcome! regarding Palo ressies on the 8th, I'm thinking that this is probably the most popular nite on the 4 nite to do Palo, since it would be a repeat of the first regular rotation restaurant. I would suggest that you get in line ASAP if you want that nite;) . 10/8 is also my daughter's 12th Bday! :)

Watshakin: Just yesterday talked to DH co-worker who took DCL cruise last year. He rented a car in St. Maartin and had a blast, as they could see/do more with less $$$. Great idea! DH was in Navy 84-94, but no Carribean islands for us...we went to Guam instead!:rolleyes:

Tracie: Had this picture in my head of Arnold, porn star, et al delivering your Docs to your door! (trick or treat style!) Wasn't Gary Coleman running too?

Disco88: Welcome!

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Yes, Gary's running too. I haven't heard any campaign speachs from him however.

In our news today: 3 kids (ages 15, 16 and 17) shot at a local high school. A 36-year old man and his 23-year old wife arrested for molesting young girls - as young as 3 - which they videotaped.

GET ME TO DCL!!! There are some SICK people out here!.

watshakinranch
09-09-2003, 09:45 PM
PamCo/DisCo: Welcome Sweetie!! Help your girl run down those delivery men so she can frisk them for her docs!

Traci: You're a list person too!! I also have made a list of our little group (WHERE IS EVERYONE?) We really have issues... I couldn't get the site you gave open. Did it have any good info?

Jennifer: DH was Seabee 86-96; HE went to Antiqua, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii, not me. :( We are both RNs now. (in different fields so we don't fight!!)

Let's see.....how to identify me on the ship. I will probably be the red speckled trout (redhead, LOTS of freckles) strung up by a FSU lanyard with a green mickey attached, hanging from the Mickey slide. This is after I have planned my family's every move upon entering the ship. Will any one be hanging with me?

PMelhorn
09-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Great to see others are keeping a list of Dis'ers. I thought I was the only one. If I have one list I have a hundred and of course I had to cross check it with yours. I sure my husband would love to throw them in the trash.

WDWgirls.
I do believe they will let the girls visit both and then pick.

USPS, FedEx, UPS and who ever else that could delievery Docs. .... Let's go! Get those Docs. out. Please get the Bride her Docs. She has a wedding to go to!

To ID me: A Blond with a stoller with everyone's carryon on it. 4kids and a husband. Who will probably be carrying our 3 yr. son. Who, if the mood has hit will be screaming to the top of his lungs. I hoping since he loves the Mickey Boat he will be happy the whole trip.
Plus I will have my lanyard on with my green Mickey with PMelhorn written in.

WeRHappy
09-10-2003, 12:38 AM
We are "officially" doing the 'happy document dance'!!!! YAY! We just got ours today!:bounce:

Hope the rest of you are getting yours soon too!
Great list Tracie! Wow... there are a lot of us on board! My DH keeps making fun of me reading these boards all the time and planning every detail... you'd think I was a little excited or something!;)

I havn't been posting much lately... but "yes, Scott2 it would be great if we have weather like ours on the cruise!!"

Tracie: who in the world to vote for out of all the yo-yo's in Cali?!:confused: I'm grudgingly sending off my absentee request tomorrow:rolleyes:

--Carrie

PamCo88
09-10-2003, 09:55 AM
So, I am still WAITING for Docs. Ok, I can handle it.

I can't handle the packing - how to pack for 12 days for 2 people in four bags that have a total weight under 200 pounds (2bags per person under 50 pounds each). I really don't want to do laundry on my Honeymoon.

So Are WE going to set up a meet or what??

How to find us - We will be wearing our ears the first day for pictures and homedepo paint chips. I'm blonde blue eyed and trying not to burn. (i'm sure i will be red after a week in DW). Disco88 has brown (real short by the cruise) hair, brown eyes and Italian coloring - dark brown after a week in Disney.

HunnyBunny
09-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Hello everybody, I just found you and we too are on the Oct. 5th cruise. This'll be our 2nd cruise and our 1st with Disney. Very excited.
I will be decorating my door, now I know to add some green mickeys. Not sure of the room # yet. Glanced at my docs, but didn't know to look for a room #. Fortunately for me, I have a direct line to the DCL as one of my good friends works there.

Look for me, I'll be the one you'll see wondering, is she or isn't she? The answer is yes, I am pregnant. I will be over 4 months by then, so I should start to show a little by then. Baby's first cruise. Other than that, it will just be me and DH taking our last "hurrah" before our little bundle arrives.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Tonya & baby

PMelhorn
09-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the board and congrads. on the baby.

I wish I had a friend working a DCL. I have a friend who's friend was one of the first cast members to set sail on the ship. She said they did a pratice run. So her friend was able to bring several of her friends for free on a cuise with DCL. I would love to do that.

Pamco88 good luck on the packing. I don't blame you for not wanting to do laundry on your honeymmon. But if you have to maybe you could do iit before leaving WDW. That would be kinda in the middle of your trip.

I don't know about a meet. Hopeful everyone who wants to me will have green Mickey's somewhere they can be seen.

I might post a post to see how other's set up a meet.

PamCo88
09-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Ok, so now the post office is getting involved in making me wait. We received NO mail in a 3 family house. Never happens - could be the traffic (both major highways near house were shut down this morning). My wedding responses are due by the 12th, and I'm still missing some.

So, how many people are still waiting for Docs? I was checking room availability and most catagories are still open.

Still hoping for an upgrade and DOCS.

PMelhorn
09-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Have you thought about calling DCL or your TA. If you went through a TA DCL might not talk to you about it. I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to call. How long is it before your wedding?
Good Luck.

Gatormice
09-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone! This is my first post on a great site. My wife, daughter (3) and yet to be born (3/04 due date) baby of unknown status M/F? will be taking our first Disney Cruise on the Wonder. Being a Florida native and never living more than 2 hours from Disney World the transfer to the frozen north of Harrisburg PA has been a little tough (although it is beautiful - especially the fall colors). Any Princess characters on board? My 3 year old daughter is really a fan. We plan to arrive on the Thursday before departure and spend some time at the parks and then visit family after the cruise. I have been to Paradise Island before and to be honest I think we will stay on the boat and enjoy the pool. How is Castaway Cay? It looks great. All of your tips have been very helpful. Thanks and happy cruising.

HunnyBunny
09-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Welsome Gatormice! It's nice to see I won't be the only pg lady on board. Your wife is due just 3 days before me, so we're in the same boat (and we'll be on the same boat!!) I know I can't wait for the abundance of food. Hope to see you both on the ship!

Tonya
edd 3/7/04

PMelhorn
09-11-2003, 10:24 AM
We to the Oct 5th Board. Congrads. on the new family addition.

The closer we get to the departure day the more families we will have. Ist is great to see so many from these boards will be on board.
It is just a little more tan 3 weels until we board the ship.

I wish I could tell you about CC but last time we cruise we were unable to dock.
So, I am waiting to see CC too.

I just hope all the storms say away from it.

My family: Me:crazy:, DH:earsboy: DS13 :smooth:, DD9 :Pinkbounc, DS3 :wave:, DN14 :earsgirl:

Gatormice
09-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to tell my wife she is not the only glowing girl on board. As you mentioned we too have gone over the culinary offerings. Reality has finally hit and the trip is just around the corner. :bounce: Nice to see everyone so happy and friendly - I usually cruise (get it?) the sports related boards (per my user name) and the reception is not always as nice! Thanks all! See you at the Mickey Pool or buffet.

jenschaef1
09-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Welcome Hunnybunny and Gatormice (and babies on board :D ) Join in the fun...everyone is very nice and helpful here, if you have any questions just ask.

Gatormice: there is a Princess greeting listed in a recent DCL Navigator on Nassau day from 9:30 -10am. Perfect for your 3 year old princess lover! My DD3 loves princesses too. Previous cruise navigators can be found at Disboard Member "Dave from Marietta" site, DCLtribute.com. Of course DCL does change things around from time to time but these old Navigators will give you a pretty good idea about what is happening and when.

Watshakin: LOL, loved your comment about hangin from the Mickey slide...I'll either be hangin' with you or walkin' the plank!

Pamco and Disco: with wedding 2 weeks away, I think I'd do what pmelhorn (Peggy) suggested, call TA or DCL ...just 1 less thing to worry about:D

Ok, How are you going to ID me?: Well...of course, I'll be the first one in line!:p OK probably won't be the first one in line (see my walkin' the plank comment above) but I will be at the port early, with our lanyards on...green mickeys clearly visible, 4 kids from 3 yrs up to 14. and just so you don't confuse me with PMelhorn who also has 4 children with her...I'm a brunette (this month anyway:rolleyes: )

I sure hope those storms stay away from CC.

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Still waiting for those cruise documents. I did drop a note to Dreams Unlimited - maybe they can track them down. DCL says that cruise documents will be delivered between 2 to 6 weeks before the cruise, so there's still time!

Welcome to the boards HunnyBunny. I went on a cruise when I was pregnant - but I chose Alaska (no DCL at that time). I had a blast. I went kayaking (it was fun "bending" to get into the boat), took a helicopter ride to the top of a glacier, went white water rafting, had a massage, ate LOTS of food. Ah those were the days - before child - when I had money. lol

:rolleyes:

So Gatormice - did you sign up for this cruise when you found out about the ESPN Skybox? I can guess where you'll be hanging out!!

;)

I am impatiently waiting for October.

Partridge4ever
09-11-2003, 03:43 PM
I got my docs! Can't wait to put the kids to bed tonite so I can fill them out. No upgrade for us. I was pretty sure we wouldn't get one because we had requested the secret porthole room and our ressies were linked to DH's parents. We wanted to be in adjoining rooms, but I think we're actually on opposite sides of the ship. They also got a SPR.

Laurarn
09-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Welcome Gatormice and Hunnybunny! Happy Planning! These boards are great!
PMelhorn(Peggy): My DS12 was asking me if I knew if anyone his age would be on the ship. I looked through our list and I told him that you have a DS13. There are several DD12's too. He's very social, so I don't think he'll have a problem meeting friends. I'm glad you have a DD9 also. My DD9 will be celebrating her 10th birthday on the cruise.
Talk about determined. I realized that I only had one green mickey chip to put on my door and none to wear. I was meeting a friend for lunch today and told her I might be alittle late, that I'm sitting in a traffic jam (on the highway that Home Depot is on). I was determined to get to the Home Depot and pick up extra green mickeys. She's like..."What?". So, I explained it to her over lunch.
How to ID me, I'm the short blond with a son as tall as me. My son will probably be wearing an ice hockey(Phila. Flyers) jersey in the heat. He's a huge hockey fan and wears his jerseys year round. Go figure.:) My girls will be in the pools with my DH.
Regards,
Laura

Tracie Wallace
09-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, per DU, my cruise documents were shipped out on 9/9 - so hope to see them soon. Here's our updated list:

1) Pmelhorn (Peggy) DW, DH, DS-13yrs., DD-9yrs., DD-3yrs., and DN-14yrs.

2) Lulu201 DW,DH, DD,13

3) jenschaef1 (Jennifer) DH, DW,DD14, DD12, DS6, and DD3

4) PamCo88 DW, DH (Disney bride and groom!)

5) alexandrew DW, DH and DS's 7 and 2

6) Tracie Wallace (Tracie) DW,DH, DD 6yrs

7) Mdisdis (Martha) DW, DH, DS (age 7)

8) Scott2tune DH, DD (age 12)

9) Laurarn DW, DH, DS 12, DD 9 and DD 5

10) Nubbins (Davina) dh36, dw34, ds 5, and ds3 and grandparents

11) Partridge4ever DW, DH, DD7 and DD3, plus DH's parents

12) disneymummy DW, DH, DD 8, DD 6 and DD 1

13) watshakinranch DH-35, DW-37, DS-6, DS-3

14) WeRHappy DW (35), DH(38),
DS(4), DS(1), Grandma, Grandpa, Husband's business partner with wife and DD(8), DS(7).

15) mic_KY_mouses DW, DH, DS (7)

16) disneyfan5 DW, DH, DD11 AND DS5

17) pcutrone me (35), my sister (27), my brother (32) and his wife (36) along with their 2 year old and our parents Dad (56) and Mom (53)

18) WDWgirls DW, DH, DD7 and DD7

19) HunnyBunny (Tonya) DW, DH & Baby on board

20) Gatormice DW, DH, DD (age 3) and baby-on-the way!

21) DisneyCruiseCrazy89 DW, DH, DS (14), DD (12)

22) 1971visitor DW, DH, DD8, DS5[list=1]
[/list=1]

DisneyCruiseCrazy89
09-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Wait! I'm going on this cruise! Dad, Mom, Son 14, Daughter 12!! Stateroom 8552!! BTW how do you get one of those countdown clocks? Thnks!

PMelhorn
09-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Laurarn (Laura),
My son is very Social too. He had no problem last cruise. He meet the kids he hung with the most at the pool. He went to the club some but not all the time. I bet they will meet up soon. Actually as I think back DS hung with the girls we were in line with at the port. Plus I know what you mean about your son being as tall as you. My soon past me up a long time ago and has now past his father. Last cruise we were like 4th in line. I am so excited. My mind is alway thinking Mickey.
My DD9 will be celebrating her Birthday early on the ship also. She has no clue. Her birthday isn't until Oct 28th but we could not cruise then. DCL said we could celebrate early. Will your DD9 be doing the 8&9 group or the 10-12 group. I believe my DD( will go for the older group. She is tomboy so she may be playing Basketball instead of clubing or doing both.
Maybe we both will be the first ones in line and they can talk and meet before we even board. I have family in NC. What part are you from.

Partridge4ever,
Congrads!!! It is so exciting just getting the forms. We are taking my DN and my sister thinks I am crazy for being so happy that we got a few pieces of paper. So just has NO CLUE.
You will have to let us know that the SPH Cabins are I would like to book to adjoining for a Magic 7 day cruise.

jenschaef1,
I like your posting.
just so you don't confuse me with PMelhorn who also has 4 children with her...I'm a brunette (this month anyway )
If you decide to change hair color let us know. LOL!

Gatormice,
You and my DH will have to talk. ;)
He is a VOLS (Tennessee) fan. He is not one of those crazy fan. :rolleyes:
He just loves Football.
But He does loves his Vols!:bounce:

Tracie Wallace,
Thanks for the update. I love a good list. I do belive this is the best.

PMelhorn
09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Go to
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=381216

I hope I did that right and it will give you the instructions.

Glad to have you on board.

I have a myself, DH, DS13, DN14, DD9 and DS3.

There are several place to get get info about the cruise. But I do beleive this is the best so far. Any question, just ask.

Laurarn
09-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Peggy,
My DD9 turns 10 a few days after the cruise on Oct 12th. I'll probably have her in the 10-12 group. She likes to play basketball too.
I'm glad we're not cruising this weekend. Not sure which way Isabel is going to go. Let's hope for good weather in a few weeks.
Laura

PMelhorn
09-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Laura,
I just told my DD that your DD likes to play basketball. She is so excited. She questioning to how she will know who she is. I told we would make sure they got together. She said I will need someone teo hang around with.
I have family in Greensboro (don't know if I spelled that right) and Kernsville I believe.

I am glad we are not going this weekend too. But I hope the storm stays away Castaway Cay it has been hit before.
I really want to see that Island. Okay I just don't want to see it I want to stand on it. I seen it last time but we could not dock. Please don't happen again!

watshakinranch
09-11-2003, 09:33 PM
PamCo: packing suggestion....lots of scimpy clothes, thongs, leave out the underwear....OR use it as an excuse to buy more clothes on vacation!!

Gatormice: welcome!! Okay, so you are a Gator fan! That's okay, since Steve what's-his-face left I can cheer for them again. My DD18 goes to FSU (leaving her at home for cruise!) I'm ready for Bowden to retire also. You will probably see my husband in the ESPN bar, he loves beer and football and will most likely buy one of those ESPN mugs. Notre Dame fan, he tolerates the Seminoles only for me and DD18!! Congrats on baby! We have DS3 (terror!!), maybe they will be in clubs together (if they let DS3 stay!)

HunnyBunny: welcome!! Congrats on baby also! Live it up because it will be 18+ years!! How are we gooing to tell you and Ms. Gatormice apart?

Jennifer: I will be right up in the front of the line with you. Telling DH we have to be in line between 10:30 and 11:00 hee hee. Bringing small toys to occupy kids in line.

Peggy: Looks like you have a DS3 like mine. (DD18 made him rotten before leaving for FSU) perhaps they will find each other in the club and behave!! NOT! You said your DD was celebrating her birthday early. Does Disney do anything special? My son will be turning 6 on Oct. 20th and would love it if he had a surprise? Please give me some info!

Lastly I nominate Peggy as Queen of Oct. 5 and will follow your lead if you want to set up a meet. (I'm sure all the DH's would like it in the ESPN bar!!) It looks like most of the Dis'ers are getting to the port early to start their vacation as soon as possible!!

Tina

PMelhorn
09-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Tina,
We will be getting to the port as soon as they will let me through the gate.

My DS3 is a site to see. My DS and DD have made hime mean. He wants so bad to play with the other kids so hopeful they will find each other. Will a little help from a couple of moms.

**** To celebrate a Birthday, Anniversary or anything that is special..... You call DCL and tell them that your DS or DD would like to celebrate his/hers birthday on board or early while on board. Tell them which night and they will have the servers bring out a Cake that night and I believe they may sing. I would also remind your server the night before the Big Day. DCL Will note your reservation. If you have a anniversary,I believe WDWgirls will be celebrating her 9th year. they will do this too. My DD birthday is not until Oct. 28th but we are going to celebrate early and then again on the 28th at home. I think it would be great as a kid to celebratyour birthday on A DISNEY BOAT. A child will never forget that!
My DD has no clue anything is going to happen. None of our kids do. They all will be surprised.

I have done a rough count of people from Dis'ers who will be onboard Oct.5 and I come up with 92. Wow!!

We could have a meet. I talked to DCL and was told it may be hard to get a special room this late in the game. By the way Gatormice I am not talking about the UT/Fl game. LOL I have to make you feel at home here like on the other baords you visit. But we could try or we might be able to just plan a time to all be in the same area at the same time. Ideas maybe lunch at Beach Blanket Buffet on Day 2 or Sailaway party. We love lunch a Parrot Cay on the first day. If everyone gets there early we all could be in Parrots Cay together anyway. Unless you chose to go to BBB. They directed everyone to Parrot Cay until full in Dec. when we went. I will look over the navigator's to see if I can find a good time and place to meet. If we try to get a special room to meet in Disney will want everyone reservation # to link us so we can have a room. Might be hard to plan that way.
Let me know who is interested in meeting and any ideas you have where and when.

PamCo88
09-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Hi All. Still waiting. I have talked to DU about my docs. They told me they don't get sent out til 2-3 weeks before cruise, but I know much better. oh well.

I just need to figure out how to get my snowglobes home from the cruise.

Laurarn
09-12-2003, 07:08 AM
I'm up for a common place to meet if it can worked out. I'm fine with just planning to be in a certain area at a certain time. We'll find each other if we're wearing our green Mickeys:)
For my DD's birthday, we just told our travel agent that we'd like to celebrate on the cruise and he told me that he'd tell DCL and planned it for our last night on board. My DD knows about it and she's real excited.
I'm getting worried about that hurricane. I read another thread that if the storm hits CC and causes lots of damage, then CC could be closed for months. I'm so looking forward to our visit there. Let's hope it turns back out to sea.
Laura

HunnyBunny
09-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Well, from a certified (certifiable) weather buff in my office, she's likely coming our way (central florida/daytona) which means she will probably whip through the bahamas as well. He's saying 6 out of 8 models show Isabel going west. She'll be long gone before we depart, but who knows how much damage we'll see in her wake once we visit the islands. I hope everyone is prepared to have their plans or island visits changed, as I am told it could happen if they experience a lot of destruction. I am on my to Home Depot this weekend for supplies (and green mickeys!)

Secondly, on a lighter note... Thanks Tracie for the list. I'm up for a little meet and greet. Although, I think the honeymooners and we are the only "kidless" couple on the boat. Or on this board at least!

See you in 23 days!
Tonya

Gatormice
09-12-2003, 08:47 AM
:jester: Thanks for all the warm welcomes - and good natured Gator references. I promise that although I bleed orange and blue I am not an obnoxious Gator Fan! :bounce: Well back to more important things ( I can't believe I said that) as we will be coming by rental car from a great time at WDW our arrival at the Port should be around 10:00am or so. This is our first cruise so I am following the Passporter book to the letter - go for the buffett first! Due to the fact that my DW? (you guys are going to have to clue me in on the lingo) is expecting and we have a 3 year old DD Palo's is probably out this time - but not the next!. We will eat, go to the pool, and celebrate in the party on Sunday. Let me know if some sort of get together is planned. If not, I am sure we will run across each other in the various hot spots - buffet, pool, ESPN Zone..... TTFN

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :cool: :sunny:

I am practicing with my smilies application.

jenschaef1
09-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Hi Gatormice:

I was just thinking...:eek: ...a romantic dinner for 2 (minus the wine)at Palo might be just what the doctor ordered for your pregnant DW. You could also add in a massage B4 dinner(if ok with Doctor) and win best husband in the world status! As long as your DD3 is potty trained, the Oceaneer club offers some really great activities for the little ones every evening. Do si Do with Snow White, Tea with Wendy, Welcome aboard party with Characters, just to name a few she might be interested in. You could feed DD3 early (room service, Topsiders), or on a couple nights the Kids Club will also take them to dinner.

jennifer

Gatormice
09-12-2003, 12:37 PM
:p
Jennifer, I could have been using your advice for the past 13 years! It would have made my life a lot easier! Where were you when I needed you??? Just kidding. Actually I did ask my DW if she wanted to eat at Palo's and she declined. I know once we get there we will regret it but that is why they make 2nd cruises. Who knows we may change our minds. I would like to schedule a SPA visit scheduled for the PDW - do they just do a foot massage or facial?. Thanks for your help.

HunnyBunny
09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Gatormice,

I'm sure they do pedicures and facials in the spa, but now that your wife is in her 2nd trimester, she's clear to get a massage as well. Although, you might want to check with the cruise line to make sure they are certified to do so. I know right now, with some of the increased back pain, I would really appreciate a spa treatment.
And, on a side note, I don't know if they sent this with your docs or not (I had mine faxed to me) But you want to get a guest medical form for your wife stating she is under 24 weeks (she will be) It needs to be signed by her doctor and this will give her some time to do so. I know I have my 4 month check up 2 weeks before we go so I will have mine signed then. Actually, if you want, send me a pm with your fax number and I can fax it to you. (May have to wait till monday)

Tonya

jenschaef1
09-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Gatormice: LOL, now if I could just get my DH trained;) !

Barb and Tony's site ***************** has all the spa treatments listed including approx. $$. There is a foot massage and I think several facials.

OK since you like sports...MLB - Playoffs while we are on board? If so, gonna have a hard time keeping DH out of ESPN:teeth:

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-12-2003, 04:17 PM
I can now do the document dance!!!

My husband just called and said the docs were delivered!! Yeahhhhhh!

Everyone go out and have a Bahama Mama on me!

lulu201
09-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Yay! We got ours, too!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Now it's really official! Can't wait to see everyone on board!

WeRHappy
09-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Yay!! It looks like everyone is getting their docs!!:bounce:

So has anyone actually heard if they go to different islands if damage is too great to the Bahama's??

Also, has anyone ever done the NASA tour?? need info to decide if we should do that:confused:

Not much longer now!!! :cool: :Pinkbounc

--Carrie

PMelhorn
09-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Ports of call will be change if need be. We would be told once on board.

You can find a lot of info at this site

Magical Disney Cruise Guide (http://wdwig.com/cruise/cruise.shtml)
once on site go to Magical Disney Cruise Guide and download. It has a ton of info and has recently been updated.

Gatormice it will list all the different services that the Spa offers.

Plus you can get a Passporter for DCL.
Just go to
Passporter's (http://www.passporter.com)
to order one. But make sure you can get it in time. You might even be able to pick it up at a bookstore. I love mine plus I love the Magical Disney Cruise Guide. It is free just down load. You can print it out. I opened it in Word and it was I think 83 pages. It covers everything.

PamCo88 Have you called DCL to see if they will ship them home for you?
I hope you find a answer.

I am happy everyone is getting docs.

DisneyCruiseCrazy89
09-13-2003, 12:48 PM
So is the "Meet" still on? If it is when and where...we'll be there!:sunny:

PMelhorn
09-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Carrie,
I have not been there. We may go this trip. Here is a link to them.

Kennedy Space Center (http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/)

Plus here is a link to see when a shuttle will be launched.

Shuttle Launch (http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/schedule/schedule.htm)

May not be any for a while but maybe someday.

If you learn any info please share with us.

Just a reminder:
Kids can eat off of the adult menu.

Plus I updated my last link sorry about that it was late.

Plus anyone have any Ideas in where to meet?

WeRHappy
09-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks Peggy for the NASA links!

We are trying to figure out how to take a 4yr and 1 yr on a tour without them being bored;) I think our 4yr will be fascinated by the rockets, astronauts, etc. but it may get old quick. I read somewhere there is a 4 hour tour:eek: yikes!
Wonder if we can leave if we need or want to early:confused:

Anyhow, when/if I find out more info I will def. post it here. We are thinking about going Saturday since we fly in on Friday.

How to identify me/us?! hmmm... that will probably be the easiest. My husband will hide and pretend he doesn't know me since my official name now is 'disboard geek'! :p It's an endearing name I now enjoy (as will he once he sees how much planning and fun we have on our trip thanks to these boards!!)
Seriously though, we will be a rather large group and my DS4 will be so excited I wouldn't be surprised if he has an accident right in the terminal upon seeing the ship and characters! We'll also have a stoller, carseat, a million "carryon" bags and will probably looked 'worked' till we get on board!;)

PamCo88
09-14-2003, 02:57 AM
I Finally got my docs on 9/12, looks like lots of us did. Did not get a bump, but thats fine with me. FDH had his bachelor party tonight and is sleeping like a baby. Me - I can't sleep, he is snoring too loud.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PMelhorn
09-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Looks like the storm is moving away from Fl and the Islands.

Laurarn
09-14-2003, 07:18 PM
I'm also glad the hurricane seems to be moving away from Florida and the Bahamas. Unfortunately, I live near Charlotte NC and I decided to go get some bottled water and canned goods tonight. It may be coming our way. If not, I'm prepared for our next ice storm. We were without power for several days last December.

1971visitor
09-14-2003, 07:56 PM
We're on the 10-5 sailing. Cruise #2 on the Wonder. Pgeey, waht part of TN are you from? We're from TN also.

PMelhorn
09-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Laura,
I hope you don't have any effect from it. I remember the ice Storm. My sister was in it also and her son's home was without electric for 2 1/2 weeks. Hopeful both will stay away.

1971visitor,
Welcome to the Oct 5th board. We are from East Tennessee. We live in a small town called Friendsville. I am about 15 minutes from Knoxville. About 5 minutes from Maryville. What part are you in? How many are you traveling with. We have a list going. I have DH, Myself, DS13, DD9, DS3 and DN14. This will be our second cruise too. We loved our first and can't wait to return.

1971visitor
09-14-2003, 08:33 PM
We're from middle TN about 30 miles east of Nashville in Lebanon. There are 4 of us, myself, DW, DD 8 add DS 5. Any word on the Castaway Club reception?

By the way we had friends in Louisville (near the lake outside Maryville) and used to visit them often. Spent the weekend in Gatlinburg a few weeks back.

PMelhorn
09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
1971visitor,
I can be in Louisville in about 5 minutes. We was just in Nashville on Friday at Vanderbilt. I just read another thread and someone reported that they had just returned from a 4 day with Freeport. They stated the Castaway Club Reception was on the Castaway Cay day at 5pm. From what I have been reading DCL will have a invitation in your room. I am looking forward to the reception.

1971visitor
09-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Have you ever gotten sandwiches from Vic's Market at the corner of Alcoa Highway and Topside Road?

PMelhorn
09-14-2003, 09:11 PM
No I haven't had sandwiches from Vic's. Are they good. We have had some from Louisville.

Tracie Wallace
09-15-2003, 05:46 PM
This is according to Deb Willis' newsletter:

Disney Wonder Itinerary Change -- Due to Hurricane Isabel hovering in the Caribbean, Disney Cruise Line modified the Disney Wonder's itinerary. The Wonder sailed from Port Canaveral yesterday and ported at Castaway Cay. Because of the uncertainty of the hurricane, the remaining ports on the itinerary will be announced during the voyage.

So, it looks like Castaway is expected to be o.k. - but I'm sure glad our cruise is still a few weeks out!!!

Tracie Wallace
09-15-2003, 05:53 PM
Laura - I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. I hope Isabel stays far away from you!!!

PMelhorn
09-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I hope all is well where you live. I have been thinking of you since this storm seems to be headed your way. My local news isn't saying as much as I wish they would about the storm. Keep us posted to how you are doing.
Good Luck and take care.

PMelhorn
09-15-2003, 07:08 PM
I can believe it is getting so close. I am trying to remember everything I need to pack. I hope I don't forget my clothes pins
They are get to hang those wet suits up.

Tracie Wallace
09-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi Peggy:

I was looking back at your first post. You were concerned that no one was going to be on the cruise. What a happy surprise that so many Disboarders are going.

I hope that I can meet a lot of you at Parrot Cay our first day. :D

Laurarn
09-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Tracy and Peggy,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. Right now, if it stays on its current course, Isabel will hopefully only skirt us and it'll be a bit windy, but that should be all. I'm relieved. We weren't here for Hurricane Hugo, but heard how bad it was here. My thoughts, now, are for the folks on the coast. I'm so relieved that it didn't hit the bahamas head-on. I'm so looking forward to going to CC. I know what you mean about packing. I thought I was pretty organized...collecting all the "must haves" for the trip. Now they all sit in a large rubbermaid container waiting to be sorted and packed. It's looks overwhelming. I guess I start with one kid at a time. My DH is on his own:) Let me know if you want to meet somewhere on the first day. Parrot Cay sounds good (unless they send us up to Topsiders). Listen to me....you'd think I've been on this ship already, and its my first cruise! See what these boards have done to me:) I've enjoyed this whole planning process and sharing it with all of you over the past several months. We're on the home stretch now! Yahoo!!!!
Best Wishes,
Laura

Tracie Wallace
09-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Laura and Peggy - you two are packing already!:eek: I've only just thought about it. Oh course, I only pack for myself and my daughter - my husband is on his own.

Its going to be difficult to do any sort of meet - there is so little time. I suggest we try and meet at Parrot Cay/Topsiders when we first get on - but I bet everyone rushes off at 1:30 to make spa/Palo reservations. I still wish we had a day at sea rather than Freeport.

BTW, I told my husband that Disboarders wear the green Mickeys (or green ribbons) to identify themselves. He couldn't believe that we would wear a paint sample. I guess it does sound kind of silly.

Laura, I'm glad you don't seem to be in Isabel's path. I've never been in a hurricane (a few earthquakes though), but they would scare me half to death. Tornadoes scare me the most, however, probably from watching the "Wizard of Oz" as a kid.

PMelhorn
09-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Can you think of another palce to meet?

I know they just sat everyone all over Parrots Cay. It will be hard to meet there. We might be able to make it work. Let me know your thoughts.

I know the first d.ay is so busy for everyone. Make ressie's, sailaway party and getting ready for dinner. Plus don't forget the show.

I wish there was a better place to meet.
Not that Parrot's Cay is a bad place but everyone will be trying to eat. Plus we may be on on completely different sides of the resturant.

Maybe we could have a meet at port before we board.

What time is everyone planning on arriving?

Any suggestions would be great.

I thought early on Monday but I don't want to interfer with anyone who is going into port.

Man, I had no idea it would be this hard. LOL!

lulu201
09-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Laura, glad to know that it looks like Huricane Is. will be blowing past you. We're wondering what kind of weather it will bring us in the Philadelphia area--we got dumped on with Floyd, but did much better than some people.

Tracie: You're kidding me--I thought I was the only one with a tornado phobia brought on by childhood viewings of Wizard of Oz! I wonder how many of us are out there? I still have nightmares and I'm 41!:p

Looking forward to seeing everyone on board!

Laurarn
09-15-2003, 09:34 PM
We're staying with friends at their home near Orlando the night before the cruise. We plan on getting to port early between 10 and noon. I don't want to miss a thing!
I guess its a little silly wearing a paint chip, but its a good conversation piece! Packing? I wish it looked like packing....in my box is a hat, bonine, shoe organizer, post its, tshirt, bubbles,etc....if I didn't know any better it looks more like I'm having a yard sale:)
Speaking of packing...what do you wear during the day? Shorts? Bathing suits/coverups? What do you wear into the restaurants at breakfast and lunch? How about the shows during the day? I've heard all the debates for the evenings. I'm ready for that. I know you're supposed to pack half of what you think you'll need.
Whew, so much to consider, but oh, so worth it! I'm ready for a massage!
Laura

PMelhorn
09-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Everyone who wants to meet other Dis'ers.

Here is the plan:
If you haven't gotten your lime green Mickey paint chip from Home Depot, get them. If you plan on wearing a lanyard put the Mickey on it. Put your Dis'ers user name on it. This way when another Dis'ers see you they will feel welcomed to speak.

You could also put lime green ribbon on your lanyard. For anyone who does not know what lanyard is... it is a necklace like item you wear around your neck that has a pouch on it that you can place a credit card size card in. Your Key tothe World will fit in it. It is a great way to carry your card around. I picked my up at WalMart in the Jewlery Dept. with the billfolds.

By the way when we went on our first DCL in Dec. I put my 3 yrs old card in with mine and both cards messed up. I was told later not to every let to cards touch due to it will cause them not to work any longer.

If you don't have a lanyard and don't plan on getting a lanyard. Just put that Lime Green Mickey somewhere that the rest of us can see.

Don't be shy to say Hi.

If anyone is concerned about someone always wanting to hang with you if they meet. I don't believe this is what anyone has in mind. I think we all just think it would be nice to put a face with a name and to see a face around the ship you know.

So be on the look out at Port before boarding and at Parrot Cay. You just might be standing beside or eating with a Dis'er.

Have you every thought of this...
Some of us could be scheduled to share a table at Dinner.

We have Main Seating. I am hoping for PTA rotation.

PMelhorn
09-15-2003, 10:44 PM
On our last DCL we wear shorts and Tshirts/ shirts to Breaksfast and Lunch. Once at Topsider's for lunch we did have our swim suits on under our shorts and shiirt or coverup. Of course it seemed easier for my DH and DS they have thier trucks on and all they had to do was put on a shirt. We went to Parrot Cay and Topsider's for Breakfast and Lunch. Both are good. We really like Parrot Cay. If you go to Pluto's, Scoops, Pinocchio's and/or Outlook Bar you can stand in line in your Swimsuit. These resturants are right at the pools. I believe you can wear shorts to Trinton's if you are having breakfast or lunch there. We did not have lunch there.
You can't go wrong with shorts and shirts during the day. This should be okay for the shows during the day. The shows at night we just wear what we had on for dinner. Got to play dress up a little longer.
Some people run back to thier rooms and change before the show and come in shorts.

As far as packing half of what you need. I always over pack. I don't want to wash clothes when I am on the ship.I want to enjoy every minute.

PamCo88
09-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Another place to do a meet of this size would be the sale away party. Since there are a lot of kids, how about near the goofy pool? It would be great to have a group as we sing and dance with Mickey.

How are you attaching the paint chips to your lanyards? inquiring minds need to plan early.

I have soo much to pack since I have the extra week in the World, we are trying not to do laundry, but i think we might have to. I'll have a better idea of this by the end of the week.

Hopefully, the hurricane will dissolve before it does any damage in the US.

Can't wait to Go!!!

Laurarn
09-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Lulu: My thoughts are with you while Isabel passes by. I know the Philly area has been socked with rain all spring and summer and just this past week also. Hopefully, it will continue to downgrade.
Tracie: Count another one who fears tornados. Also, hurricanes are rough, but at least we get warnings. I don't know how you do it with earthquakes.
Peggy: Your ideas sound great. PamCo's are possible too. I'll just keep a lookout for our green mickey's. I agree. It's a nice way to put a face to a name and to break the ice when you get on board. It's alittle intimidating to be in such a crowd of strangers, but to have a few familiar faces during our travels, whether waiting in line for something, or passing in the halls, or at the parties or meals. Peggy, thanks also for the info on attire. It helped alot. I'm just starting to decide what to take and just like a woman, I can't make up my mind, plus I know I'll change my mind a million times before I go:)
Pamco: best wishes on your wedding plans. Hope its everything you've dreamed of!
Laura

watshakinranch
09-16-2003, 04:53 PM
haven't posted in a while but I have been reading when Ican squeeze it in. Work has been HORRIBLE! I need a vacation!!

Someone just tell me where to be!! Never cruised so I am no help at all. I think msot of us are planning to be at the port early, so we will probably have an impromptu meet right there.

I did all this research for the perfect vacation, and now that I am at the end of the planning phase, I feel like I'm lost! And so behind. I have "little notes" everywhere! (how many notes do you have Peggy?) Do this, do that.

Started the Atkins diet Saturday, DH started Sunday so that ought to make it a little easier (he's the cook!!) Yes, I am going to fall off the diet on the cruise but I don't care!! I'll start back afterward!

Is there any cappucino on the ship? French vanilla coffee? Coke served for breakfast?

Tina

Tracie Wallace
09-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Coke for breakfast (I assume you mean Coca-Cola!) lol. You are as bad as my husband. He drinks Diet Pepsi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that soda is included in meals, so I would expect you can get that. Don't know about the special coffees though.

I'm still not done planning. I'm always looking for a little better deal or more fun place to stay. We're coming in on Friday night and right now we're staying at the Radisson near DisneyWorld. Now if for those nights I could just get a better deal at the Animal Kindom Lodge ....

And Lulu201 - the tornados were bad enough - but those flying monkeys still scare the heck out of me.

1971visitor
09-16-2003, 08:06 PM
We may want to meet somewhere other than the sail away party. It's VERY crowded and It'd be hard for everyone to get together there.

Maybe we could meet prior to that in a less crowded area and go over together.

PMelhorn
09-16-2003, 10:08 PM
It is Official!

Everyone who wants to meet other Dis'ers.

Here is the plan:
If you haven't gotten your lime green Mickey paint chip from Home Depot, get them. If you plan on wearing a lanyard put the Mickey on it. Put your Dis'ers user name on it. This way when another Dis'ers see you they will feel welcomed to speak.

You could also put lime green ribbon on your lanyard. For anyone who does not know what lanyard is... it is a necklace like item you wear around your neck that has a pouch on it that you can place a credit card size card in. Your Key tothe World will fit in it. It is a great way to carry your card around. I picked my up at WalMart in the Jewlery Dept. with the billfolds.

By the way when we went on our first DCL in Dec. I put my 3 yrs old card in with mine and both cards messed up. I was told later not to every let to cards touch due to it will cause them not to work any longer.

If you don't have a lanyard and don't plan on getting a lanyard. Just put that Lime Green Mickey somewhere that the rest of us can see.

Don't be shy to say Hi.

If anyone is concerned about someone always wanting to hang with you if they meet. I don't believe this is what anyone has in mind. I think we all just think it would be nice to put a face with a name and to see a face around the ship you know.

So be on the look out at Port before boarding and at Parrot Cay. You just might be standing beside or eating with a Dis'er.

Have you every thought of this...
Some of us could be scheduled to share a table at Dinner.

We have Main Seating. I am hoping for PTA rotation.

The sailaway party can be very crowded. If you have your lime green on then the other Dis'ers can see you. So everyon could be on the look out for Dis'ers at the port, at ParrotCay and at the sailaway party. This way we all have 3 chances to meet.
I recall on our last cruise my DH, DS and DD kept on until they ended up in front of the ship you would have thought they was on the Titanic. They loved the feel of the air blowing in thier hair. LOL!

I think it would be really hard to set aside 30 minutes to join up to meet on the first day.

12pm Board the ship and straight to Lunch.
12:45 Kids Club Reg.
1:30 Spa booking and Palo Ressies.
4:00 Boat Drill
4:30- 5:15 Sailaway party
6:00 Main Seating
6:00 first seating show
8:30 Late seating
8:30 second seating for show
Plus and all that good stuff.
Don't be shy to say HI!

watshakinranch, I have several List I am trying to get it into one list.

We are going to Cades Cove (Smokey Mountains, TN) this weekend to do some tent camping. So I have a ton of list for that too. I plan on taking my list for the cruise to work on them. If I could get a signal in those Mountains I would be online too. Oh well. LOL!

I hope this plan will work for everyone.

PMelhorn
09-16-2003, 10:30 PM
I don't know if they have speciality coffees. It would be nice if they did. Do you think that would be a Special Dietary Requirement and they could have that for us. I know they will get Soy milk and that type of stuff if you are lactose intolerant. So maybe we could get Speciality Coffees if we are Reg. Coffee Intolerant. I really do need my French Vanilla. Okay I guess I can deal with it since I am on the Mickey Boat.

You can get Coke for Breakfast if you go to a table service resturant ( Trinton's and Parrot Cay). I don't believe you can get it at Topsider. I don't remember seeing it at all there.

I guess it's about time to pull out the suitcases.

I have been trying to keep the laundry clean but that is hard with 6 people living in the house. DS13 is the worst.
I am about ready to pack his clothes then I want have to worry with washing as much. He want have as much to wear. LOL

Gatormice
09-17-2003, 06:38 AM
whatshakinranch, I think we are in the same "boat". Of course work picks up to an unreal pace - projects due just before we sail. I am trying to stay focused.

Thanks to Tonya for sending me the Guest Medical Info form. PDW has a sonogram on Monday and will get it signed! I booked the trip before we new about the bundle of joy and never mentioned it to our travel agent - I would have hated to try and board without it. Thanks again!

PDW just informed me that she and my DD have claimed all of the suitcases. Well, its off to Target and Home Depot to purchase some luggage and plastic drain pipes (to direct the 2 to 4 inches of rain we are expecting away from my basement!). I will ask the HD guys about the paint chips.

How crowded is the ship when we are docked in Freeport? Thought we might take a brief look around and then head back to the pool. See you all in a few weeks.:bounce:

P.S. - PMelhorn - are you watching the big game this weekend? I can only guess who you are pulling for! Good Luck!

Partridge4ever
09-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Had a nightmare last night that I forgot to pack our WDW tickets. Argh!

We have no Home Depot. I'll be the one w/a faux lime green Mickey Head made out of scrapbooking paper.

How early is everyone getting to the port? What time do they let people board?

HunnyBunny
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
No problem Gatormice!! We booked this cruise in place of another vacation later in the year because I am pregnant, plus, I have a friend that works for the cruise line, so I'm fully prepared. I really hope I get to meet you and your DW during the cruise, so that we can compare notes!!

I think we're leaving our house between 10-11 to get to the ship around 12. It'll take us about an hour to get to port, just not sure how long it will take to get parked.

I know you'll find my DH in ESPN for Buc's Monday Night Football. Anyone else?

In addition to the Green Mickey's, is anyone going all out to decorate their door? I read about this on another board. I know the doors are magnetic, does anyone know if this a problem getting things to stick (via tape)? I'm not sure about the lanyard, but I'll be sure to pin a mickey to my hat or something!

Can't wait to see you all!
Tonya

watshakinranch
09-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Peggy: I like your way of thinking for the special coffee...it's a requirement. I will be bringing the French Vanilla Coffeemate powder with me to add to my coffee.

Partridge: My nightmare was that I had left the my garment bag with all the "dining clothes". After reading the heated debates on the boards, I was going to have to eat in my room! I will try to remember to bring some extra mickeys for you. My boys took LOTS of them.

I guess I will see everyone at all three stops of the "Meet". I will be one of the first in line (trying to beat Traci and Peggy there!!), then I will be at Parrot's Cay for the shrimp, and not sure where I will be standing for the Sailaway Party.

We have late seating. Stateroom 7024, right beside the midship elevators and I don't mind any one stopping by for the verandah view!

Tina :crazy:
(this smiley looks remarkably like me!)

PMelhorn
09-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Gatormice,
We will be missing the game on TV this weekend. Camping in the Mountains in a tent. Ijust hope I don't wake up with a bear in the tent. My DH has a little heldheld TV I am sure it will be in his hand and the radio on in the SUV. Yes I will be yelling GO VOLS! I guess you will be yelling for the other team. LOL! Good Luck! the ceiling
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

watshakinranch,
I will be hitting Sam's for some of the liquid kind and I just may stop by for the verandah view. We have 2 cat 9's (Lg portholes).

HunnyBunny,
My DH said he would be visiting ESPN more this trip. Which is fine. He loves on football. Gatormice He really don't hate any team. He just loves football.

On our first cruise all I could dream was that the ship turn over and over and over. I was standing on ceiling on the floor on the walls. But it never sunk.

This time I have great dreams. But I do wish the next 2 weeks would hurry up.
I had a great suprise today. I thought T was the only one here that was so excited that she could not stop thinking about it. But I am not. My husband came home from work today and My DD meet him at the basketball goal telling him how may days we had left until we leave for the cruise. YES!

Tracie Wallace
09-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Only 2 more weeks - WOW - its hard to believe.

I seem to be the only one excited in my household. I tried to get my daughter to watch the DCL video last night and she just wanted to watch "The Very Hungry Caterpiller".

I got a few different color Mickeys to hang on my door - room 6582, so please stop by. We're one floor up from the children's club - so I hope that will be convenient!!

At least Isabel will be out of the way. Now if I can just keep everyone healthy.

So what time do you think we should get to the port? I was thinking around 11:00 am.

PamCo88
09-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, Only 9 days to the wedding, I really have to get packing. I will be looking for Mickey's so we can say HI.

How are you going to attack them to the lanyards? I REALLY need to know.

thanks.

watshakinranch
09-18-2003, 03:54 PM
PamCo: did you evr figure out your packing dilemma? About those Lanyards: most of them have an alligator clip or something like that hanging at the bottom. If you can not find one of the plastic see-through holders, maybe you can laminate the mickey to protect it and then clip it to the lanyard. Or you can attach on of the mickeys to your mickey ear (you are wearing them to board right?)

Still haven't decided what we are doing two days prior to the cruise. Looked into an airboat ride. My boys want to see some alligators in the wild. In Northwest FL you don't see alligators lying all over the place like in Alligator Alley!

Boy, do I need to stay off this computer and pack!!

Tina :crazy: (if I could just get freckles on this smiley...)

Laurarn
09-18-2003, 06:25 PM
PamCo.: I followed Peggy's advice and found my lanyard at Walmart in the jewelry dept. where the wallets/billfolds are at. They have a zip pouch and also an outside pocket (all clear plastic) and I slid my mickey in there. It fits perfect! They're 97 cents. Hope all is well with the planning.
Lulu: How are you making out with the hurricane? My family called today to check in with me and they said it was getting pretty windy. We were just on the very outer fringe and got gusty wind and occasional rain. We were lucky. Looks like 2 hrs. east of us got hammered.
Hopefully no more hurricanes or tropical storms for a while, so we can all enjoy a sunny vacation!
Regards,
Laura

PamCo88
09-20-2003, 01:51 AM
Hopefully our friends in the Caroliners did not lose their electricity and will stop by soon and say HI. Thanks for the lanyard tips, I was trying to figure out how to pin it to one of the pin lanyards. I am going to try to lamenate my mickeys to make them last longer. I'll let you know how it works out.

lulu201
09-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Laura: Thanks for your concern; we made it through the hurricane without any problems. Some people in our area lost power for a little while, but that was about it. We live outside of Warminster a bit; if I see you onboard, we'll have to see how close your family lives to us!:)

Went to WalMart and finally found that 97 cent pouch! Now I have a place for my green Mickey! Also found my sleeveless green shirt and have tucked it away so that it's ready to pack!
Just have to wear it the day we board!

It won't be long now. . .

watshakinranch
09-21-2003, 06:27 PM
got to give us a bump!

Went to Wal-mart Sat trying to stay ahead of my last minute packing rush and could not find the plastic holders for my lanyard. (of course, had 2 boys and grumpy DH so did not look as well as I could) Can anyone help on exactly where they were.

PamCo: Good Luck to you this week!! My DH--I don't always like him, but I always love him!! Wishing you a life of love and laughter!!

Starting to make the decorations for my door. Not sure exactly what I am doing yet

Tina:crazy:

lulu201
09-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Tina, I had a hard time finding the lanyard, too. I went to WalMart a couple of times looking! Go to the purse/wallet section, and then over to the jewelry/keychain area. Look at all the little shelves and stands with hanging items and you're bound to come across it.

I also loaded my cart up with all those little over-priced travel size shampoos and toothpastes, etc. They're so cute; I love 'em!

Good luck on your lanyard search!

Lulu:p

PMelhorn
09-21-2003, 08:37 PM
We will be on The Wonder in 2 weeks from today. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I believe everyone in our house is getting excited now.

Now the rush begins:
Keep the clothes clean, clean the house, clean out the car, Board the dog, change the oil in the car, buy those last few items need for the cruise and don't forget to pack.
A lot to do but the time will go by faster!

Laurarn
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
That's so funny, Peggy. I started to do alot of those things you listed last week. I called to confirm the kennel. Then I started to pull things out of the kids closets. Had to iron a bunch of stuff (probably won't due any good...probably will be wrinkled in 2 weeks anyway). It just made me feel better with all this pent up excited energy. I made a "general" list for my DH. ex) how many nice shirts, how many bathing suits, etc. Now, he's ordering clothes on-line! I told him that I hope they have fast delivery or he's out of luck. Always, waiting til the last minute.
Regarding the lanyards, I just followed Peggy's directions. I found them with the men's wallets/billfolds in the jewelry dept at Walmart. I hope that helps. I still can't believe that we'll be there in less than 2 weeks!

Partridge4ever
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I made my packing list last night and am going to Wal Mart tomorrow to get a few things.

DD7 has had pink eye since Thursday. Tonight it seems to have spread to the other eye. DD3 will have it by the end of the week, I'm sure. They share everything. Pray for us that it runs its course by Oct. 5! I've talked up the kids' clubs and pools so much, they'll be so sad if they aren't allowed in.

watshakinranch--please save me a paint chip! I'll look for you at the port. Not sure yet what I'll be wearing. Probably my navy blue Mickey dress. I've got long brown hair. DH has been told he looks like John Candy (but don't tell him I said that. He doesn't regard it as a compliment. lol)

Peggy--we go to Pigeon Forge once or twice a year. We'll be there over New Years this year.

Two weeks from now I'll be picking up my kids from their first night in the club at about this time (I hope!!!!!)

Laurarn
09-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Partridge: I also have an extra Mickey head if you need it. I'll keep an eye out for you. Also, regarding pink-eye, talk to your doctor. I believe there are antibiotic eye drops/ointment available for it. It may lessen the time you're dealing with it and lessen the stress. Good luck:)
Laura

Tracie Wallace
09-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Partridge4ever - as a survivor of pink eye and a 6-year old and a DH who have gotten pink eye several times - I also suggest you see your doctor. There are eye drops that you can get - plus you are no longer infectious after putting the drops in for 24 hours. They clear the eyes up much faster too.

We're leaving NEXT WEEK - can you believe it???

I am soooo swamped at work. Got to get back to it. I need a vacation!!

Partridge4ever
09-22-2003, 06:48 PM
We've actually seen the doctor twice and had 2 different kinds of drops. I know she's not supposed to be contagious tomorrow, but she still looks awful. I can't decide whether to send her to school or not.

I was looking at the menus on Barbara's site. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. What's quinoa and tilapia? When we took a Carnival cruise two years ago, I ordered a tomato salad w/buffalo mozerella. Who knew that it was actually made from buffalo? It was awful.

Tracie Wallace
09-22-2003, 07:13 PM
If she's on drops, she might look better tomorrow. If her eye is still oozing, you might want to keep her home - just so you can keep her eye clean. Is she self-conscious about it?

I love tomatos and mozerella cheese. And yes, I try not to think of it coming from a water buffalo. Someone at work the other day was eating a salad that had duck tongue (she's Chinese). People here were talking about eating ethnic favorites such as chicken feet soup, brains, etc. They were laughing at me for making faces. I know its all cultural - but still - duck tongue Yeach!

I have no idea what quinoa and tilapia are either. I'm sure the waiters can explain it!

I just keep hoping we don't get sick. Anyone with a cold - stay away from me!!!

WDWgirls
09-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Hello everyone
Is it me or is September lasting forever!! I can't wait for my first Disney cruise!! I bought our cruise (DH, DD7, DD7) in August and I'm already crazy with waiting. How do people who have bought this a year out stand the wait! I look forward to meeting everyone - I went to Home Depot and got my lime green Mickey. Still haven't told the kids about the cruise - its hard to keep my excitement to myself. I can't wait to see their faces when they realize we are getting on the boat. 13 DAYS!!

WDWgirls
09-22-2003, 08:11 PM
BTW - I think tilapia is a kind of fish - no idea what quinoa is :)

PMelhorn
09-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Quinoa

Why Eat It

Nutritionally, quinoa might be considered a supergrain--although it is not really a grain, but the seed of a leafy plant that's distantly related to spinach. Quinoa has excellent reserves of protein, and unlike other grains, is not missing the amino aicd lysine, so the protein is more complete (a trait it shares with other "non-true" grains such as buckwheat and amaranth). The World Health Organization has rated the quality of protein in quinoa at least equivalent to that in milk. Quinoa offers more iron than other grains and contains high levels of potassium and riboflavin, as well as other B vitamins: B6, niacin, and thiamin. It is also a good source of magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese, and has some folate (folic acid).

An ancient grainlike product that has recently been "rediscovered" in this country, quinoa has a light, delicate taste, and can be substituted for almost any other grain.

Though quinoa is a recent addition to the North American larder, this crop, native to the Andes, sustained the ancient Incas, and has been cultivated continuously for more than 5,000 years. Quinoa thrives in poor soil, arid climates, and mountainous altitudes. Today, most quinoa is imported from South America, although it is being cultivated on the high slopes of the Colorado Rockies.

Quinoa grains are about the same size as millet, but flattened, with a pointed, oval shape. The color ranges from pale yellow through red and brown to black. Quinoa cooks quickly to a light, fluffy texture. As it cooks, the external germ, which forms a band around each grain, spirals out, forming a tiny crescent-shaped "tail," similar to a bean sprout. Although the grain itself is soft and creamy, the tail is crunchy, providing a unique texture to complement quinoa's delicate flavor.

Availability

Since this grain is still a relatively new one, at least to the American market, you're most likely to find it in health-food and specialty stores. Large supermarkets often stock quinoa, too.

Shopping

Quinoa is more expensive than most grains. However, during cooking, it increases about three to four times in volume, so you get reasonable value for your money.

Storage

Store quinoa like other grains, in a tightly closed container in a cool, dry place.

Preparation

Quinoa's survival through the millennia may be attributed to the resinous, bitter coating that protects its seeds from birds and insects--and also shields them from the intense high-altitude sunlight. This coating, called saponin, is soapy and must be removed in a strong alkaline solution to make the grain palatable. Most quinoa sold in this country has already been cleansed of its saponin. But quinoa should be rinsed thoroughly before cooking to remove any powdery residue of saponin. Place the grain in a fine strainer and hold it under cold running water until the water runs clear; drain well.

Toast the grain in a dry skillet for five minutes before cooking to give it a delicious roasted flavor. To cook, use two parts liquid to one part quinoa. Combine the liquid and toasted quinoa in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the grains are translucent and the germ has spiraled out from each grain, about 15 minutes.

To make a quinoa pilaf, begin by sauteing chopped onion and garlic in a little oil. Add toasted quinoa and liquid (two parts water to one part quinoa) and simmer as described above. After the pilaf is cooked, you can stir in other ingredients such as toasted nuts, dried fruit, shredded greens or fresh herbs, or cheese.

As far as Tilapia, it is a fish and here is a site with more info.

http://www.fishfarming.com/tilapia.html

I hope this helps.

I don't think I will care to try either.

I am not much on fish but my DS may.

Partridge4ever,
I have found over the years as a parent and a nurse that if the drops don't do the trick the ointment will. But it is thick and not many people like it. My brother just had a bad case of the pink eye and the drops didn't touch. He came to my house and I gave him some ointment and his eye was better in a matter of hours and his ither eye never got bad. He fuss and said he didn't want to do the ointment but was thanking me the next morning. By the way he is only 46 years old. LOL!
GOOD LUCK!

I have been asking the kids if they feel okay because at the first sign of illness we will be off to the Doc. I am not missing the BOAT. LOL! On our last cruise they asked if anyone had been sick in the last week.

I have been pulling the clothes out of the closet and washing laundry. I am about to pack and let my DS deal with a couple of sets of clothes for the next 8 school days. He changes more than anyone in the house. LOL! I can just see him expalining it to his friends now why he wears the same clothes every other day.
We will be leaving on Oct 3th headed for FL. I am beginning to get that feeling of... WIll I get it done in time.

I am going to try to scan my Mickey Lime Green Chip tommorrow if it works I would be happy to email anyone a copy.. That way you could have as many as you want just print. I will let everyone know how it works.

Partridge4ever
09-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Wow Peggy! I must say that's more info on quinoa than I ever hoped to get. lol I think I'll try it. The fish is out. yuck.

I'm calling the pediatrician yet again tomorrow. I'll ask about ointment. I'm also getting vitamin C and zinc tablets.

PamCo88
09-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi All. I started packing, have together all the day clothes for the trip. Still have to pull together the nighttime stuff. I was happy to find clothes weigh less than I thought. Packing isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just tons of stuff to do. I'll try to check in before the end of the week, but with only 4 days left, I have a LOT of things to do.

Hope to see everyone on the Ship.

jenschaef1
09-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi all,
Bumping us up to page 1. Can't believe cruise is less than 2 weeks away. House looks like a bomb hit it...cruise stuff everywhere, lanyards and pouches arrived from ebay, snorkle stuff out of garage, DCL literature all over the place, clothes that need to go to cleaners ( DH Suit - which he wears once a year to office Christmas Party) Ugh ...time to get organized.

I saw yesterday on another thread that Alexandrew got an upgrade...from a 9 to a 5. Alexandrew if your lurking...congrats.

Pamco: Best wishes for your upcoming wedding this weekend!

Anyone plan anything definite for Freeport yet...We are still open but leaning toward "Fantasia" anyone else?

DH seems to be getting excited about trip, we have even discussed booking a 7 day onboard, he is a diver and is disappointed that there won't be time for him to dive this trip...guess it is a good excuse to go again.

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-23-2003, 02:53 PM
I've actually changed my plans and instead of snorkeling in Nassau, we're going to take the snorkel cruise in Freeport. I though it would be fun to just wander around Nassau - maybe go check on the Dig at Atlantis, see the Pirate Museum, take a buggy ride, etc.

Jennifer, I can's believe you're packing. I keep thinking I need to do a packing list - but haven't even started that!

I saw the post that Alexandrew got an upgrade also. Good for him!

I can't believe that in 2 weeks we'll be on the ship!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'll have to plan another trip when we get back - its always nice to have something to look forward too!

jenschaef1
09-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Tracie: is that the Snorkel Adventure thru DCL in Freeport?

OK, how about one more list...a list of excursions that everyone is taking, that way we will be on the look out for each other. I guess i'll start and then add when I get feedback.

Nassau:
Room at Comfort Suites: Jenschaef1(DH,DW,DD14,DD12,DS6,DD3)
Rent Car (Crystal Cay Snorkel, Rum Factory) Watshakinranch
Relax: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Freeport:
DCL Snorkel:Tracie Wallace (DW, DH,DD6)
Rent Car: Snorkel, brewery, Fragrance Factory: Watshakinranch
Relax: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Castaway Cay:
Seahorse Snorkel: Jenschaef1(DH,DW,DD12)
Wildside: Jenschaef1(DD14)
Parasailing: Jenschaef1 (DH,DW), Tracie Wallace (DH)
Banana Boat:Jenschaef1(DH, DD12,DD14)
Kayak Tour?: Watshakinranch
Relax and snorkel?: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Jennifer

Tracie Wallace
09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Another list queen!

Here's our excursions:

Freeport: DCL Snorkel (DW, DH, DD(6))
CC: Parasail (DH)

Jennifer, next to you, it doesn't even appear that we're doing anything!

Does wanting dinner at Palo and a massage either on ship or CC count?

watshakinranch
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
I have actually started to pack also, because I know that I will be slammed at work trying to get everything organized before I leave the facility to someone else. (I'm a worry wart!)

Peggy: Quinoa!! My friends have always called ME a "cornecopia of useless knowledge". I think you are my sister!!

Nassau: renting a car-- maybe Crystal Cay Marine Park to snorkel, shopping, Rum Factory, tour the forts

Freeport: renting a car-- snorkel with Fantasia OR snorkel at Deadman's Reef. Brewery, Fragrance Factory

Castaway Cay: bringing own snorkel equip; I may do the kayak by myself OR if DH feels comfortable to leave the kids in Scuttle Cove, he will go with me.

Packed DS3 clothes; DH ACTUALLY gathered his clothes!! (and asked me if they were all right!!)

Hey! What happened to everyone!! We need a roll call!!

Tina :crazy:

HunnyBunny
09-23-2003, 06:33 PM
well, normally I'm an adventure loving person and try to see and do everything when I venture someplace new. However, on that note, being pregnant has slowed me down and made me stop and relax and enjoy my surroundings. So, as far as excursions, here's my list.

Nassau- shop and relax

Freeport- shop and relax

Castaway- relax (will have done plenty of shopping on the boat!!)

Actually, I just want to explore the islands at my own pace. We may try to snorkel in CC but will play it by ear.

Pregnancy has really brought out the shopaholic in me! I need to buy new maternity wear for this trip, going shopping this weekend!

Tonya

Laurarn
09-23-2003, 09:06 PM
My list is really short...
we didn't book any excursions. We may venture off the ship a couple of times, but plan to relax mostly. We will probably snorkel at CC. We thought we might go to one of the parks when the cruise returns on Thursday. (This is DH first trip to FLA, mine and the kids 2nd trip-last visit was to see friends and we went to SeaWorld). This is our very first Disney experience for all of us and our 1st cruise. We will be going to DisneyWorld next year with the grandparents and cousins for the 1st time. I think we're just taking it as it comes.
Laura

Gatormice
09-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Has anyone parked at the Port before? I guess my question would be,,, can you drop off lugagge (and family members) at the terminal and then go and park or is there assistance at the parking facility for luggage? As you all know I will have my PDW and DD plus their suitcases(I had to go out and purchase an additional one -that will reveal how much stuff we are bringing).
Found the lanyards at Wal Mart but have not made it by Home Depot for any Green Mickey paint chips. Heading down next Thursday for a WDW warmup!

P.S. - Congrats Vols fans you played a good game.

PMelhorn
09-24-2003, 08:10 AM
When we went in Dec. we pulled up to the gate in front of the terminal, they checked to see if we was on the list to board the ship that day plus check our drivers lic. Then told us to proceed to the right side of the building. We did. My DH and I step out of our SUV and started to unload the suitcase. The kids got out, I had them stand against the building. I put the carry-ons with the kids and a man came up to me and started loading our suitcases (ones toi be checked) onto a cart. I can not think of the name for this guy we will call him the port guy. He will expect a tip. I believe the normal tip is $1or $2 per bag. He took our luggage to be checked. Then I got the stroller out and put all the carry ons on it. We took DH too. The kids and I headed around the building to the front entrance of the terminal. DH went to park across the street in the parking lot. You will need to have your ID and docs in order to get back into the gate so take it with you. The kids and I went into the termal and started going through secruity. They will look in all bags they can not scan. They do not put camera bages through scanned so open them up. I also had to get my laptop out and start it up. By this time DH was right in line with us. We weny t upstairs and checked in. That is where they will take Docs, check ID's and B.C.
Now get in line to board.
See you there!

watshakinranch
09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Where is everyone? Bumping us back to the 1st page.

Trying to figure out who has little DD3s that will help keep my wild child in line (I think Peggy's DS3 also!) DS3 is very intimidated by the little girls at daycare (which he hates because he's been in Grandma daycare all his life!)

Someone please tell me that kids act differently to the kids clubs and want to stay!!

Bye for now. At work and really should be WORKING!

Tina:crazy: