PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Help Rounding Out Menu

RweTHEREyet
05-31-2001, 12:56 PM
Having people over Saturday night for son's High School Graduation dinner.

So far am having

Seafood casserole
Honey baked ham for non-seafood lovers
Patti LaBelle's Over the Rainbow Macaroni and Cheese
Sweet corn bread

and don't know what else. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

*Robin*
05-31-2001, 01:11 PM
How about a huge vegi tray, with dips and some appetizers? Finger foods...or is this formal sit down stuff?
:D

Beth E. (NJ)
05-31-2001, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't complain, but I don't see any vegis mentioned. How about a large green salad and some kind of vegetable side dish? Another thing you could make would be a barley/cous cous or Orzo salad. My mom used to make a mushroom barley at family parties. It was amazing. (Note to self: get that recipe!) I sometimes make cold sesame noodles, but I don't know if that goes with what you are making. Let me know if you want that recipe.

RweTHEREyet
05-31-2001, 02:40 PM
Well, you are right, no veggies mentioned. Not a big veggie person, therefore not many ideas with them.

Not formal, serve self at the buffet counter and grab a seat and eat.

May do salad. I can open a bag and set dressing out :) Looking for some side dishes that might go well with ham and seafood. Not asking for much, huh?

thanks again for any suggestions.

*Robin*
05-31-2001, 03:30 PM
Ok, how about coleslaw, or some of the salads mentioned in the post running right now? You could do a 3 bean salad, a black bean and corn salad, that tortellini salad really is wonderful from dt, or just go to the local deli and buy whatever looks good ( ;) )...It would make it a bit easier this close to d-day...

Good luck whatever you do, and congratulations to your son!!! :D