PDA

View Full Version : Scotsmans advice needed

Nutsy
07-16-2003, 09:31 PM
My DS 15 has a home economics assignment to do on an International Cultural Cuisine & he has tentativley decided on Scotland.

He ned to know....

How people select, prepare, cook & consume food
Clothing
Shelter
Special events......eg. births, marriages, deaths, birthdays, anniversaries, special ceremonies

Availability of food & other resources
Cultural beliefs, ideas & traditions
Financial restraints (economy)
Technological infulences
Religion
Any other aspect relevant to the country or culture

He also need to choose a dish to prepare that is suitable for buffet service.

Any help anyone can give us would be much appreciated.

Oh he is not allowed to cook Haggis!!:)

Minniespal
07-17-2003, 01:50 AM
Does it have to be a Scotsman ~ Can it be a scotswoman?

Nutsy
07-17-2003, 04:41 AM
Scotsman, Scotswoman.............................I'm easy..............just so long as either/or can help with the info;)

Minniespal
07-17-2003, 04:57 AM
I will have a think on the info and pm you.

Shugmac
07-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Another Scots Lass here i have a little on Scotland with doing my family tree if its any help, i also have Scottish recipies Forfar Bridies are quite easy to make i also have the recipe for haggis if you want to have it written down let me know if i can help, and all our family still get a clootie dumpling with money in it for our birthdays.

ThumperThistle
07-17-2003, 01:07 PM
I've sent you a PM.

Tartan Tigger
07-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm sure I can help with this, I'll get back to you at the weekend when I have more time and my sleep pattern has returned to normal. :D

Nutsy
07-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Anyone with any info at all......no matter how little can e-mail me at tiamaria@bigpond.net.au

thanks ever so much in advance
;)

#1MMFan
07-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Will have a think and see if I can help. What about something sweet to eat like tablet? Is that Scottish?

:confused:

Ok, it is Scottish.. have just found this link. Tablet always went down really well when I took my mum's into school years ago.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/scruss/tablet.html

John

Nutsy
07-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Does anybody else have any info?? No matter how big or small, every bit of info is helpful:D