PDA

View Full Version : What's a Navigator's Verandah?

Paula H
07-16-2003, 09:36 PM
I've looked at everything I can find on-line and did find a picture of one, but I still have some questions -

Is the verandah completely closed in except the "opening"?

Would this be a safe area for children?

raisin64
07-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Its fully enclosed except for the big porthole. The Wonder's Nav
have a much bigger opening. Its great when it is windy or rainy, because you can still sit out on the balcony. I always have a Nav when I travel. Yes it very safe with kids

joanb
07-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I really like the Nav. VAr. I agree with paula H. safe and a bit more private and cozy if you wnat some time with your spouse.

markšoš
07-16-2003, 11:01 PM
"Safe" is a relative term. Don't discount a child's ability to climb up a chair or table which could put them at risk. Since a child can not see out the Nav verandah as they can with a regular verandah, they might be more likely to want to climb up to see out.

Young children should never be left alone on a verandah.

WDWLVR
07-17-2003, 07:38 AM
I agree with Mark about the safety issue - never leave your child alone on any veranda. Having said that I prefer the Navigators as well. They are more cozy to me than a regular veranda. I also love the padded bench - great place to relax with a good book.

The other things I like about them is there proximity to other things. You are at the back of the ship so a quick trip up to Topsiders/Beach Blanket, Scoops, Palo. In addition you get to have your safety drill in the cool comfort of Animators Palette!

joanb
07-17-2003, 08:41 AM
grea point about the loocaiton-my children were always running up to get food while we showered in in the late afernoon to get ready for evening( we had late dinner but alway attened a couple shows before going.
I love the bench too!:D

gassmandy
07-17-2003, 08:45 AM
VERY convenient location when you want to run up and get that cup of coffee in the early a.m.(no make-up, bad hair, etc) from the bev. station w/out having to run into too many people!!!