PDA

View Full Version : Help with Disney Paris

schatterjee
07-16-2003, 09:24 AM
I need any help I can get. We're from the US but have been here in the UK for a couple of months and are trying to plan a last minute surprise for the kids.

Does anyone have a reservations number for on-site hotels there? Any hotel recommendations? We'll only be in the park for a day - can I just get tickets at the gate?

Again, any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephanie

rob@rar.org.uk
07-16-2003, 10:17 AM
We now have a dedicated Paris forum over at here (http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77).

Details of booking on-site hotels can be found at the official DLP website here (http://www.disneylandparis.com) or you can collect brochures for DLP from most travel agents. Bridge and Cresta are two of the biggest independent tour operators to Paris, in addition to Disney's own travel service.

Yes you can buy tickets at the gate, including one-day tickets.

Be aware that on-site hotels are often fully booked during the summer months, so make your booking as soon as you know what dates you want to travel on. On a couple of occasions I've had to postpone visits because I couldn't get a hotel room.

Regards

Rob

WDWfan,uk
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Hi there :) I hope you are having a good time in UK :)

I'll move your thread over to the Disneyland Paris board.

richard3330
07-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi :wave: ,

Like Rob said, make sure you book quite soon as the on-site hotels fill up pretty fast.

Most packages for on-site hotels include your park tickets, but if you want to, then yes - you can just buy your tickets at the gate, although I've heard DLP hotels aren't too keen on room-only reservations.

As for reccomendations, what's your budget?

Out of the value hotels, most people seem to like Hotel Cheyenne best.

Out of the mid-range, My favourite is definitely Newport Bay Club

Out of the top end, then The Dinsyeland Hotel easily beats Hotel New York IMO, even for the extra 'premium' cost.

If you have any specific questions regarding on-site hotels feel free to ask - lots of people have stayed at the different on-site hotels.

Richard. :)

rob@rar.org.uk
07-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey Richard - change your sig file. You're out of date, as I know you've had that additional trip to DLP by now.

Regards

Rob

WDWfan,uk
07-16-2003, 05:26 PM
.. just checking through my e-mail, I came across a mail from the UK DLP office with an offer for mid-July. Whilst it is too late for that particular offer, I have their number and I would suggest calling them to see what prices they can give you. Their number is 08706 066800 and their website is www.disneylandparis.com/uk

I have used Bridge and Cresta and both are good operators - I know Bridge (Paris Travel Service) has some extra night free offers on at the present time. Their brochure request line is 0870 010 2456 and their reservation line for DLP is 0870 191 7200.

I'd recommend using Eurostar to get to the park - from Waterloo right to the outsiede of the DLP parks!

I'd recommend mid-range and up - Sequoia Lodge is nice with children, but if you don't mind paying more, there's the Hotel New York and then of course, the 'fairytale' pink Disneyland Hotel right at the entrance of the Magic Kingdom.

schatterjee
07-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all your help and advice!