PDA

View Full Version : Paper!!?!?!?

Spinning
07-13-2003, 06:50 AM
I will admitt, I am a paperaholic. I have more paper than I should, it is over flowing, I can't pass it up.....I am addicted!
But why is then when I sit down and actually scrap I don't have the right shade or style or color?
Please explain this?

safetymom
07-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Hi my name is Kathy. I am a paper aholic also. You can never have enough paper. It seems when I sit down I don't have the right paper also. :) :) :) I am sure you will find many more people that will admit to this.

The bad side of that is I am planning on moving to Florida in the next couple of months.

ToDisney
07-13-2003, 08:14 AM
I'm with Kathy... you can NEVER have too much paper.

And I'm devestated. I was buying my cardstock online by the pack, but their site has been down forever and I think they've actually closed. I think I'll call this week (after payday) and see if I can put in an order over the phone... it's gonna get ugly here soon... LOL!! I HATE paying store prices!!

PigletsPal
07-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi, I'm Becky and I'm also a Paperholic. There now I feel better....LOL.
SaftyMom if your moving to S.FL I have some paper to share with you.

BevS97
07-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Hi, My name is Bev and I am also a paper-holic! I have about 8 inches of solid cardstock, plus a paper taker bursting at the seams of patterned paper, yet I never have the right shade, and had to buy about 20 more sheets of patterned paper yesterday, 'because it was pretty'....

BethanyF
07-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Hi, Im Bethany and I am a paper-holic.
I have 3 filled Cropper Hopper 12 x 12 paper totes, as well as a good 6" stack of stuff that wont fit in the totes.
As far as never having the right shade, well that is just an evil plot by the LSS's to get us in there. Like we would only go in and buy a couple sheets of paper for a layout. They know darn well every trip in the store is good for at least $25.

crazyforpooh
07-13-2003, 09:30 AM
My name is Laura and I am a paperholic also.

AND, I never seem to have the right shade or color when I sit down to scrap also.

Although I will say I went to my sister's LSS the other day and put back the paper I started to take.

safetymom
07-13-2003, 09:59 AM
It was funny last week. I was driving by the LSS with my daughter in the car. She usually kids me and says give me your wallet before you walk in.

She gave me this lecture about did I really need more paper than I already have. I said wait till you walk in and see the store. Well to make a long story short she fell in love with the paper and supplies. You should see what she bought. :) I love it when I can tempt someone else.

gshoemate
07-13-2003, 04:20 PM
I to am a paperholic. But my problem is that I go to the store to pick up paper, then once I get it home I change my mind on using it. So I have this nice stack of paper going that I can't find a use for. I'm sure I will someday.

DiznEeyore
07-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Count me in as a paperholic, too. This coming week I'm expecting paper from Close to My Heart, Bazzill 2003 sample packs, and a big ol' "Crate-o-Color" filled with eight pounds or so of Bazzill cardstock. :eek: It's a good thing UPS comes while dh is at work!! LOL

welovemickey
07-14-2003, 06:57 AM
I love paper too! I find myself going thru telephone books when we're on vacation looking for scrapbook stores just to buy paper! DH says I'm obsessed - can't understand why I'd want to scrapbook shop while on vacation (he'll never understand).

Piglet's Pal, everytime I go to S. Florida I make at least one trip to the Scrapbook Den on the corner of Hillsboro and Lyons. Have you been there? Love the paper there!

paulinewdw
07-14-2003, 07:49 AM
I too, am a paper addict! I never have the right shade or color
even though I have the MM 12 x 12 cabinet filler to the brim along with an additional two paper takers and a 30 inch stack in a cabinet. I must stop buying and start using some of this!

LOL!

Pin Wizard
07-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by welovemickey
Piglet's Pal, everytime I go to S. Florida I make at least one trip to the Scrapbook Den on the corner of Hillsboro and Lyons. Have you been there? Love the paper there!
I was in the Scrapbook Den last Saturday...spent $80. Then this week...another $50. Then on to Scrapbook Place for another $90. LOL! But there I got a lot at 50% off also. FYI...Scrapbook Den is up for sale!! Wish I had the money...it's TEMPTING! :teeth:

P.S. If you haven't been to Scrapbook Place, definitely try it! They have the most beautiful stuff!

Timon
07-17-2003, 02:37 PM
I think we can all relate...so many papers, so little $$$$.

And the problem is...they keep coming out with NEW cool papers!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :p

I am JEN
07-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Ooh me too, me too...I have soooooo much cardstock and still need more~hee hee!

PigletsPal
07-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Sandy and WeloveDisney,

I love the Scrapbook Den wish I could buy it owner is very ill I heard and the Scrapbook Place. My friend and I about every couple of months or soeven if we don't need it or not take a road trip up the turnpike to 441 and Lake worth for the Scrapbook Place then down the road on 441 and Glades to another scrapbook place (its ok) then we stop for lunch at Sweet Tomato then off to the Scrapbook Den then if we have time go to State Road 84 and Hiatius at Photo Crafts then to Pines Blvd and Plam to the Memorie Cottage (which is only 10 mins from my house..................LOL.
Last month we went down south to Miami to 2 stores one was good and the other was ok.
They all seem to have someting different.
Can't wait to go to the Memories Expo in Orlando in Oct. to check out all the stores they have up there..............YEAH more paper

Pin Wizard
07-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by PigletsPal
My friend and I about every couple of months or soeven if we don't need it or not take a road trip up the turnpike to 441 and Lake worth for the Scrapbook Place then down the road on 441 and Glades to another scrapbook place (its ok) then we stop for lunch at Sweet Tomato then off to the Scrapbook Den
Is there another Scrapbook Place in Lake Worth? I've been to the one in Boca on 441.

Pin Wizard
07-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Sandy and WeloveDisney,

I love the Scrapbook Den wish I could buy it owner is very ill I heard
You and me both. Yes, I heard she's very ill. She and her husband are the godparents of a friend's daughter. So sad! I don't think it was that long since her son had similar surgery. My friend had asked all her stamping/scrapbooking friends to make cards for him.

pattyT
07-19-2003, 09:25 AM
HI my name is PATTY
and I am a Scrapaholoic

I have a 12X12 Paper Taker FULL - busting at the seams,
an Iris Cart full off Bazzil and other packets of coordinating papers, a large plastic tote FILLED with 8 1/2 X 11 too!

I have TRIED to go 'NO shopping" but have been able to justify paper as a necessity!

I now have established a heft stock of SEI paper too!

I like to buy 2 sheets of EACH paper so I can scrap one and save one for later!

Patty

Pin Wizard
07-19-2003, 09:33 AM
LOL! You sound like the rest of us, Patty. I just got a bunch of paper...144 sheets for $9.95! Woooooooo hooooooooo! And they're gorgeous water color type. Can't wait to use them. :teeth:

pattyT
07-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Sandy is it by any chance the paper pack at creative express .com ? I bought that a while back and I LOVE it! I used a lot of it already!
Patty

ilovebelle
07-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Hi, my name is Kristin, and I am a paper-holic!!!
However, I think anyone who knows me knows that! I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who loves, loves, LOVES paper!
I am just really bad about buying it. In fact, I have done my level best lately to stay out of scrapbooking stores all together so I don't buy stuff I don't need. However, I am about ready to crack and just go nuts at my new LSS! I've only been there once and refrained from making a purchase, so I guess I am past my due, huh! ;)

PigletsPal
07-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Sandy,

I always it those 2 mix'd up this the one in Lake Worth:
Its called Everything Scrapbook & Stamps
4095 State Rd 7 (441)
Lake Worth,FL
(561)432-5201
www.everythingscrapbook.com

The one in Boca is OK, the people are not always the friendliest.

Pin Wizard
07-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by pattyT
Sandy is it by any chance the paper pack at creative express .com ? I bought that a while back and I LOVE it! I used a lot of it already!
Patty
It sure is! I was thinking of ordering 2 but thought...what will I do with 288 sheets of paper?! LOL!

Pin Wizard
07-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Sandy,

Its called Everything Scrapbook & Stamps
4095 State Rd 7 (441)
Lake Worth,FL
(561)432-5201
www.everythingscrapbook.com

The one in Boca is OK, the people are not always the friendliest.
Thanks! Yeah, I found that out last week...the first time I was in. But I did get to talking with a lady that does classes. A lot of the pages on display were done by her. Found out she's a nurse...could explain it. LOL!