PDA

View Full Version : Where did my motivation go?

gshoemate
07-11-2003, 04:35 PM
So I finally get everything set up for me to start scrapping. Got a new desk and chair, paper, scissors, eyelettes, chalk you name it I got it. I was so excited about doing a book for my MIL from her first trip to Disney. I have about 10 pages done and then I lost all motivation. I haven't worked on it in almost 2 weeks, so much for having it done by Christmas. Help! How can I get motivated again.

SplshMtn99
07-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Join the club. It's been about 2 MONTHS for me. :rolleyes:
I think it's because it's summer. I realized I tend to scrap more in the winter --- after Xmas....and into the spring.

At that rate..... I'll never have it done either.

bananiem
07-11-2003, 08:52 PM
It's at the "scrapbooking motivation convention". Mine's there too. ;)

Pammy jo
07-11-2003, 09:15 PM
When I get "unmotivated" I flip through magazines. All the great ideas just make me want to get back to work on my books.

If that doesn't work, fix a margarita, take a hot bath and forget about it!!!

RRBB
07-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Pammy jo
If that doesn't work, fix a margarita, take a hot bath and forget about it!!! Down here I think a cool bath is preferable. It was so hot today and with the Heat Index felt around 110 outside. I just want to melt. And melting is not good for scrapbooking - makes a mess of the pages. :p

grover
07-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Sometimes I just have to "make" myself sit down and get started-then the ball gets rolling! LOL! Do you have any scrapping buddies?? I find that I am good for about 6 or 7 pages when I get together with other scrappers!
Grover in Winnipeg :cool:

HunnyPots
07-12-2003, 12:28 AM
It's usually after a big shopping trip to Hobby Lobby. I'll stock up on cool papers, stickers, the works, then - BOOM!- the idea well runs dry. No kidding. I do my best work when I'm running low on supplies and I have to make do with what I have. Maybe this is the problem? Just a thought...

PigletsPal
07-12-2003, 08:06 AM
I blame it on the HEAT in FL and I'm not talking about the basketball team.......LOL. I also fine if I scrap with a freind it helps alot or even sign up for a crop, just being around other people will get you in the mood.

HTH's

Alice28
07-12-2003, 09:36 PM
I find scrapping with other people helps a lot, or getting new products really motivates me to sit down and scrap so I can use them! I'm on a roll right now and having lots of fun- it also justifies me buying more stuff!

gshoemate
07-13-2003, 05:23 PM
I think my problem is that my next page that I am going to do requires alot of cutting with an exacto knife (I think thats how you spell it) and it is going to take alot of time and pain in my fingers to do. Maybe I need to do another page instead to get the motivation back...and a margarita!

HunnyPots
07-14-2003, 01:40 AM
I'd forget about that page for a while and move on to something you want to do. When you come back to it, you may decide to do something totally different. For me, if I force it, it doesn't come out very good anyway. The best pages are the ones that are the most fun to do!

ilovebelle
07-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Thank Goodness! I thought I was the only one in a slump! I work for a scrapbook company. Not everyone there Scrapbooks, but those who do seem to just keep getting more and more stuff done. The last page I did was about a month or more ago, and it wasn't even a Disney page. I get bogged down on my Disney album because I want it to be perfect- lots of detail. . .you know. . kinda like WDW itself. I get overwhelmed and too scared to SB my Disney stuff some times. (One of these days, I will get my scrapbook scanned and online.) I am proud of what I've done, but I want everything to be just as good. *sigh* Oh well. I just wish I knew how to get back to some of the simpler pages, but I'm afraid that just isn't me. Oh, the woes of Scrapbooking! Tee-hee! Thanks for the little venting section! Maybe I will get motivated this weekend to do some form of Scrapbooking- even if it isn't Disney! :D (Novel concept, huh?)