PDA

View Full Version : Any January 10, 2004 Eastern Cruisers lurking yet?

abitjaded
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Anyone else for the January 10, 2004 Eastern Magic?

cotomom
07-14-2003, 11:17 PM
count us in!!!!!

abitjaded
07-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Wow, that is two. Any others, or is this the cruise of The Black Pearl?

steveandtonya
07-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Count us in, Me-43, DW 32, DD 8 and DS 7. There are also a few families from North Carolina who are coming the last time I checked on here in May. This is our first cruise and we can't wait.

abitjaded
07-16-2003, 03:00 PM
To keep this bumped...

We are me and DH ( "older parents", enough about our ages, and don't mistake me for their grandma), our DS7 and DS10, the real G'ma 85, and hopefully DN23. Any other young adults (my DN is very tall, athletic and real cute)?

What shore activities are you thinking of?

steveandtonya
07-22-2003, 01:53 PM
BUMP. Any body else?

steveandtonya
07-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Abitjaded, Looks like there will only be about 30 or so of us on the whole ship. Sure will be nice to have all that room. :rolleyes: Anybody else coming?
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Dancind
07-23-2003, 05:59 PM
We're not sailing until Dec. '04. Just wanted to say "Hi, Carla"! Enjoy your off-season cruise! Diana

brack
07-24-2003, 12:18 AM
This is my wife's 50th birthday celebration and we are doing the back to back 7 day cruise. We leave on the January 3rd cruise and stay onboard for the January 10th. Maybe we'll see you there. This will be our 3rd and 4th cruise on the Magic.

Regina
07-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Darn it. Here I thought that we would have the entire ship to ourselves.;) :p

It will be myself, DH and DD'S, 21 and 18.:)

steveandtonya
07-24-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey brack, Congrats on your double cruise. We are from Mustang, OK. We leave on the January 10 cruise which is my wife's birthday. What day is your birthday? Hope to talk to you again. :bounce:

brack
07-24-2003, 10:28 PM
My wife's birthday is actually January 1st. We plan to be at WDW for that day then leave on January 3rd for the first leg.

We actually live in Warr ACres but I didn't think anybody would know where that was.

abitjaded
07-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Oh wow, my husband and I both turned 50 late last year and, well... he worked on his birthday and I retired two weeks before mine, and did...nothing. Kept thinking we would have a party this summer to celebrate both the birthdays, but cannot seem to get my act together (meaning clean the house so it is acceptable for public viewing). Hmm....maybe a belated Palo celebration.

DCVreg, nice to hear, at least that means a few other young adults my nephew could hang with. There were very few on our October cruise. What sort of things do they like?

Carla

brack
07-29-2003, 10:59 PM
I turned 50 last year and we did the Disney Cruise. It was also our 30th Anniversary so we had two things to celebrate. Soon though we are going to have to make up things to celebrate for an excuse to cruise. The next one might be losing 5 pounds on Weight Watchers! Woo Hoo let's go on a cruise!!!

abitjaded
07-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Here, here brack. Our real excuse for this cruise is that it will be the last year we may ever have weeks off together when the weather is cold here. This is the last year my older son is in elementary track system together with younger son. They get a long break in January, also the only time DH gets a long break, at least winter wise. DH is on a University schedule, DSs will then never even have a spring break together for four years, which also never even meshes with DH spring break. And by the time the DSs have a break together, our older son probably won't want to be seen with us..... Would rather stay in CO in the summer and not pay summer rates to cruise or swelter in WDW.

Carla

BGN
07-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Getting ready to make reservations for 2nd Disney cruise....9 yr old daughter concerned she won't have fun because she can't bring a freind (only child)....surely someone will be there that wants a new freind!!! Celebrating my birthday 1/14....can't wait!

steveandtonya
07-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey BGN, Welcome aboard. We will be on that cruise. My dtr. will be 9 in May and would welcome meeting new people on the cruise. My wife's birthday is on January 10, the day we leave. Do you have anyone else going? We are getting more and more excited. :sunny:

abitjaded
07-30-2003, 04:50 PM
BGN, my oldest son just turned 10. He has several good "girl friends". She won't be alone.

Incidentally, Lord and Taylor here in Denver, and other cities I assume, just put all their summer stuff on sale. Got stuff for the cruise at 75% off. Part of the fun, for me, of going on a trip to a warm place in January is planning way in advance and hitting the summer sales. Usually I'm a Target, Mervyn's, Kohl's person, but love to pick up those special things on sale. Really hard to find shorts in Denver in January.

Carla

BGN
07-31-2003, 11:54 AM
stevetonya....
My husband is going too (his idea) my daughter will be thrilled to know there is someone about her age to play with!

abitjaded....
4 of my daughter's best friends are boys so any "friend" will be great! Will 10 yrs olds be in the same group as 9 yr olds? Last cruise we went with our neighbors & their son who is a year older. The brochures showed one break down of age groups, but when we got there, the age breaks were different. Our neighbor loves our daughter, but not enough to go in a "younger" group. She didn't want to go to the kids club at all. That's why I'd like to know some people before we get there.

Nice tip about Lord & Taylor....I'm going shopping this afternoon, we don't have Lord & Taylor's, but we have SALES!!!!

steveandtonya
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
BGN My daughter is excited about meeting new people. She won't be 9 until late May but she always interacts well with older kids. Are you planning any excursions?

BGN
08-01-2003, 10:29 AM
steveandtoyna...We haven't made any plans yet. Just finally picked the date & haven't looked at what's available to do much yet. How about you?
My daughter's been really looking for a penpal so maybe this will be a good chance to find one.

steveandtonya
08-01-2003, 11:28 AM
We are doing a daysail from St. Thomas to St. John on Wed. Jan. 14. It only holds 6 people and they provide a light breakfast, a very nice lunch on the deck of the sailboat, and an OPEN BAR!. It goes out for about 6 hours and is back in plenty of time to get back to the cruise ship. It should be fun. We are planning on leaving the kids on the ship in the club.:p

abitjaded
08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
BGN, yipes, you are right, just checked the Navigators on Barb's site. Ten and nine-year-olds are in different groups. I guess I always just noticed the difference between the age groups as they split into the different clubs. I think my kids would have liked the clubs better if they had at least been in the same clubs. Seemed like there were times when the kids within a club were together, though. Maybe during the "Stormin the club" sessions. Not sure 10-12 is a good mix, that goes from fifth to sixth grade, meaning, at least here, grade schoolers together with junior high. Hm...he'll probably learn a lot of new stuff he doesn't need to know.

Steveandtonya, do you get the boat to yourselves? Ye gads, was it with DCL, can we already book excursions? Which beach on St Thomas? Our first cruise, we charted a boat through Shoretrips to go to Buck Island off Charlotte Amalie. We split it with a bunch of folks we met on the DIS. Worked out well, we were a smaller group than a DCL trip and coluld get the guys to go where we wanted, they were also able to dock right near the cruise ship pier so we didn't have to taxi. Those small sail trips sound great, except drinking and sailing in January, eewww makes me a bit woozy just thinking about it.;)

We were thinking of taking the kids to Coki beach to snorkel if the waves aren't bad. DH and I were there once before in January and the snorkeling, despite great things to see, was unpleasant. Would love to go to St John, but too onerous with my Mom. Just thinking of doing the Phillipsburg beach and shop on St M. Last trip we went to Dawn to snorkel, lovely beach, but the snorkeling (though supposedly the best on the island) was lousy.

Carla

steveandtonya
08-01-2003, 08:24 PM
abitjaded, We found out about the day sail from information from this board. It is not through Disney. Right now we have 4 of the 6 slots filled- my sister-in-law and husband are planning on coming on the cruise. It leaves from Red Hook. The website is www.sailwinifred.com It looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure what beach they go to on St. John, maybe they just anchor off shore and let us snorkel or swim or hang out.:bounce:

abitjaded
08-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Looks great!

BGN
08-04-2003, 03:15 PM
I need to do some research...you & Tonya have everything lined out!! I need to get on the ball! How old is your other child?

steveandtonya
08-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey BGN, He will be 7 in October. I sent you an e-mail about our dtr's being penpals. Did you get it?:D

BGN
08-04-2003, 03:47 PM
I did reply to penpal post to email address....didn't you get it?

steveandtonya
08-04-2003, 04:05 PM
BGN- yes we got it, I just didn't know it. It will be great if our dtr's can get together.

Steve aka suiteman

ruley3
08-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Goodness I have not been on to check for a long while but many things have been happening... We are from NC and we are supposed to go on the 10th but I just found out that I am pregnant!! So I do not know what we will do!!!

abitjaded
08-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Come on board, we hope! When are you due? Too close to departure?
Carla

BGN
08-08-2003, 11:30 AM
I agree...come anyway! It'll be a while before that baby's ready for a cruise! By then you should be past the sick and tired stage.

BGN

ruley3
08-08-2003, 12:16 PM
WEll there is a twenty four week cut off and I just read about it so I know I will be to far along .....hmmm maybe I will have to just tell hubby we gotta bump this cruise up !!!

steveandtonya
08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
I guess it doesn't matter as long as you get to cruise. What part of North Carolina are you from?

brack
08-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Where in NC are you from? My wife and I are from NC originally. I grew up in Raleigh and she is from Durham.

brack
08-16-2003, 02:23 AM
I hope that people are still looking at this forum. It has been several days since there has been a posting. We are getting so excited about the countdown. I have it everywhere!
:earsboy: :earsgirl:

steveandtonya
08-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Brack, We're still here. Just been real busy. I lived in northeastern North Carolina for 10 years before moving out here in 1996. It was a little town called Hertford- just south of Elizabeth City. We loved it there. So close to the ocean. We are getting excited too. But school starts soon and that should make things fly by. Talk to you soon.

Steve

steveandtonya
08-18-2003, 01:47 PM
I thought I would bump this as it has been awhile since we heard from anyone. Less than 5 months away!! Wish we were going this weekend.

Steve :bounce:

abitjaded
08-18-2003, 04:08 PM
I'm still here, too. I've been trying to find a house to rent prior to our cruise. Just have not found the right one. We are looking for a house with pool and four bedrooms, two downstairs, so our senior relatives from Ft. Myers can visit, rather than going down to their house. We always stay in a hotel, since my uncle has a gazillion cats, both inside and outside, and they rule the roost. Now a cousin is living with them, and hopefully he can babysit the cats. Found the perfect house at a great price but it was only available until the 8th. We want to have a week before the cruise to go to each WDW park and finally get the kids to NASA and go to the manatee park.

Carla

steveandtonya
08-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Carla, Good luck in finding a house for that week. My sister-in-law lives in Orlando and I'll see if she has any ideas.

Steve

brack
08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Have any of you seen Veranda Mans website for his cruise? He has done some really cool things for everyone from this board going on his cruise. Check it out on the thread that is saying goodbye to him for this cruise coming up

brack
08-20-2003, 10:56 PM
http://verandahman.com/82303cruiselist.htm

I forgot to put the website URL. Here it is.

abitjaded
08-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey brack! Are you volunteering to set us up a web site?;)

I don't have the space or the skill.

However, I did PM you all with a little something my husband did. Duh, few mistakes in my PMs. The ship is RCCL Explorer of the Seas, we left before them. Shot from the fourth promenade of the Magic in October at Charlotte Amalie. The RCCL ship was not supposed to be docked. The dueling went on longer than the tape.

Carla

brack
08-21-2003, 02:48 PM
I have been investigating the possiblity of a web page. It can happen. If I do then I'll let everyone know so they can send bio material and photos. I think it would be fun. We'll definitely schedule a "DIS meet" on board.

I did get the file from the PM. It was great. Thanks. I think I have one of those whistle duels on tape. Maybe I'll search mine to find it. I have been meaning to transfer them to CD anyway. This encourages me to do that.

steveandtonya
08-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Brack, I'll do what I can to help, considering I'm in the area(Mustang). I think it would be great to get a website like the one Andy did.

Steve

brack
08-22-2003, 11:13 PM
OK I have started it. It is not pretty but I have at least started it. There is still much to learn about how to use their program but it is my favorite price ... FREE!

If you want to have name, email, city or whatever send it to my e-mail address MICanMIN@aol.com . Also, any pictures have to be less than 2mb's. Smaller would be better (1mb or less)

Let me know. I am going to spend more time on it this weekend before I go out of town for a few days.

http://earth.prohosting.com/brackjr/

steveandtonya
08-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Brack,
Nice start. I emailed you our beginning information. I'll add to it as we go along. Nice picture of you and your wife. Thanks for starting this. :D

Steve

brack
08-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info.
I am working computer pictures and the web page today. I hope to have your info on later. I am still trying to learn how to access the second page I have started. This is pretty interesting to learn.

abitjaded
08-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh Brack, this is super! Sunset at St Maarten? Palo night?

I'll get DH to do some scanning and sending this weekend.

Carla

brack
08-24-2003, 01:26 AM
It was St Maarten. We have not gone to Palo because we really have loved the people we sit with at dinner. Maybe this next cruise we'll go for breakfast to try it

Looking forward to the pics. I have worked on it today and learned much. The website is giving me some trouble tonight so I took a rest from it. I'll try again tomorrow

abitjaded
08-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Brack, our weekend (and my coming week) are turning out hectic, so have nothing to send yet. School started and am trying to get organized since I have to run the fundraiser. Somebody should have just given me the hemlock when I said "Yes, I'll do it."

Carla

brack
08-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Fortunately we have plenty of time. Also. I am out of town for a few days and will be away from an internet hookup. (Can I survive?) We'll see.

steveandtonya
08-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Bump. Just because we were getting buried. Anymore 1/10/04 Eastern cruisers coming along. The more the merrier.

Steve :D

rcostello1
08-26-2003, 11:23 PM
So is it me or do we seem to have one of the smallest group of DISers on a cruise? Just seems that way... :)

I'm now up to 4 rooms...mom/dad, sister/friend, 2 other friends, myself and partner. Might have it up to 5 rooms before all is said and done. The more the merrier!! I will have 3 first-time cruisers with me, have to keep them under control.

How is everyone getting to the port? I haven't booked flights yet, that is a very orchestrated move...I have booked 3 rooms for Friday night at the airport Hyatt (Hotwire). Still trying to figure out which company is best to go from airport to port and back again.

Will be headed to Disneyland for a few days in 3 weeks :)

abitjaded
08-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Welcome Rcostello 1 et al. With that many folks you may want to rent a van, or two! That's what we did, calculated out much cheaper if cost is paramount. We were just barely able to load seven of us and luggage in one of the vans that had the extra seat in the center, but had to bungee luggage and wheelchair to the top. Still was a tight fit in a two-seat middle van. You can rent 15 passenger vans.

Carla

steveandtonya
08-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Welcome aboard Rcostello!. Hopefully there will be a few more people coming along as we go on. A not so full capacity would be nice too.

Steve

steveandtonya
08-29-2003, 12:27 PM
BUMP. Just for fun. Hope everyone has a safe Labor day holiday.

Steve :D

abitjaded
08-30-2003, 02:01 PM
When we went on the Magic in October, the ship was 2/3 full. It was very nice. You could find space anywhere you wanted to be, even loungers at the pools. Early seating at dinner was full, but our servers (we were at the back of two of the restaurants, not good) didn't even have a late seating. A down part of that, they lost a lot of tips, and were not the happiest campers, needless to say. We will double check our table location on this cruise. The ports were also deserted, too. I liked that, choice beach spots and nice service in the stores. (Only two ships docked at St Maarten and three in Charlotte Amalie.) We ended up with only about seven groups communicating through the DIS for that cruise.

Carla

brack
09-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend. We just came in and now its off to work.

I hope to spend some time on the web page this week so if you have any info to put in just send it to micanmin@aol.com . Also, it helps if the pixs are jpeg format. Thanks

steveandtonya
09-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Brack, let me know if you need any help. Now that school has started back up maybe my family can get into a routine again. I'll try to come up with a picture soon. Thanks for all your work on this.

Steve

abitjaded
09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Spent Labor Day on the computer. Wish it was for fun stuff like DCL, but it was with the intent of helping to prepare DS's 5th grade presentation on Iowa. Hmm... How to make Iowa fun. Oh, I've got it, let's watch corn grow!

http://www.iowafarmer.com/corncam/corn.html

Anyway, maybe now, as Steve says, that life gets back to routine when school starts (you are kidding, right, Steve?), maybe we can get something onto the web site, too.

Carla

steveandtonya
09-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeh Carla I was kidding. My wife just called and she and the kids went after school and replaced a beta fish that had committed suicide last week by jumping clear out of the bowl onto the floor in the middle of the night. My son picked an aquatic frog, instead of another beta. My wife is also vice president of PTA in charge of fundraising, so we won't see much of her in the next few weeks. Oh the joys of parenthood.
:D
Can't wait until 1/10/04.
Steve

abitjaded
09-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Gee, which fundraisers? Anybody wanna buy an Entertainment book????? You can order one from any city and my kids will get credit, just let me know. How 'bout an Orlando one? Anybody need giftwrap? Chocolates? Starbucks coffee? Spring bulbs? Just give me ring, I can supply any of these things at twice their normal price. Such a deal.

Remind me to tell you the story of the "Nemo-esque" crawdad and fiddler crab when we cruise. We ain't just talkin' suicide here, we are talkin' serious ritual Hara-Kiri. And the story of the world's most gourmet raccoon (we think) food..... or maybe not food, just clinical dissection practice.

Gee, even have to go back and edit my posts for spelling, I spend the day with kindies and first graders, trying to expain short vowel sounds. Then b-u-t comes up, they laugh uproariously.... I try to explain why but is not the same as butt.....cannot spell worth squat for the rest of the day.

Carla

steveandtonya
09-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Carla, sounds like you need a vacation already. Can't wait to hear about the fiddler crabs.

Steve

abitjaded
09-03-2003, 03:54 PM
I ALWAYS need a vacation. When I used to work, someone put a black and yellow caution sign over my desk that read "Caution, in extreme need of a vacation". There was another one too, hung by a friend, but I would be tossed off the DIS if I quoted it.

Brack, jpegs are on their way. A bit dated, but at least they are Disneyesque.

Now I've gotta go make boeuf bourguignon for 14 for a party we are having Saturday, was supposed to be on the deck, but of course, the weather forcast is for cold, rainy weather. Now I guess I'll HAVE to clean the house.

Cara

Duh Carla (see I cannot spell at all)

rcostello1
09-04-2003, 02:16 PM
OK I think everything is complete!

I made airline reservations...finally a fare sale that includes Friday departures. Got $171rt on Song which is the cheapest I've found that includes Friday travel. Those of us with lots of leave are flying down Friday AM to play in the parks. Those of us with little leave are flying down Friday PM for a good night's rest before the cruise. I hope there is no winter weather that Friday. Wish us lucK!

Just made ressies with ********.net. Funny...I filled out the form with care, or so I thought. Then a few minutes later I got a phone call asking me if I was booking for Jan 2003 or Jan 2004 :) ooops! Anyway that's all set. I have them picking us up (party of 8 adults) at 930am at the airport. Does that sound right?

Hotel is set, the Airport Hyatt (yay!), 3 rooms in all. What a steal that was ($60/nt Hotwire).

Put the finishing touches on cruise reservations today. Moved people out of one room into another. We are all set with 3 cat 9 rooms all right next to each other (2620/2622/2624) and one cat 11 (6133).

I think we will visit a local ABC establishment on Friday to pickup some beverage since our first two days are at sea. Amaretto with OJ in the AM is great!

I'm hoping to save enough to book back-to-back cruises for 2005 when we're on board.

Did I forget anything?

abitjaded
09-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by rcostello1
OK I think everything is complete!

Did I forget anything?

Snorkels, fins , hit the summer sales for extra swimsuits and aloha shirts.

Carla

rcostello1
09-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by abitjaded
Snorkels, fins , hit the summer sales for extra swimsuits and aloha shirts.

Carla

Snorkels--got 'em, don't use fins, I'm slightly retarded with snorkeling :), I have hit the summer sales, and they hit me back in the wallet!

I have some great clothes for the cruise. I'm filled to the brim with linen and summer silk tropicals. I need a nice pair of black sandals. I'm planning to wear sandals except for formal night and semi-formal night. I have some Born brand sandals, they are the most comfortable and lightweight that I own. I wear them when traveling.

I'm debating whether or not to pack tennis shoes. I would only use them to workout, and I haven't been successful in that endeavor while cruising in the past...

I'm trying to pack light this time. That is a HUGE challenge. have to be careful with the snorkel gear...a mask of mine is somewhere around St. Maarten... :)

brack
09-05-2003, 05:23 PM
abitjaded: looking forward to the pics. I'm in Atlanta for a week starting tomorrow but I bought Frontpage to take with me. I have started a whole new layout. Now if I can transfer it when I'm done to the web site! We'll see.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting the fever bad for this cruise. I have Jimmy Buffet playing in my CD all the time. Caribbean Soul is all I think about.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

steveandtonya
09-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Brack, We're getting excited also. There is so much to think about and plan. Plus finishing paying it off would help. :p

Steve

abitjaded
09-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Brack, we have been listening to a CD I picked up cheap at Pier 1 imports. Has "Hot Hot Hot" by Buster Poindexter, "Kokomo" by the Baha Men, "Island Girl" by Elton John, "You Can Get It If You Really Want" by Jimmy Cliff, "Montego Bay" by Bobby Bloom and some others. Good mood music. We always pick up a CD or tape to play on each vacation. Hawai'i will always be "Maui Super Man" and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole), road trips will be Willy Nelson and our first trip to WDW can still be evoked by every play of the "Alladin" soundtrack. (The whole trip to WDW and our subsequent obsession was a fluke, it was supposed to be Mexico again, but I found out DS #1 was on the way and the obstetrician forbade it.)

Rcostello1, why no fins? They really are such a help with snorkeling, they allow a lot more speed and so much less effort. DH and I were divers once-upon-a-time (hence the Mexico trips). We can give you some tips, there are easy tricks for getting in and out of the surf or getting into the water from a boat deck. Plus, we always mark all your snorkel gear with sharpies. It is so easy to leave something in the tangle of gear on dive boats. Check out a dive shop. We have a great duffle, made of mesh that lets the gear drain and sand filter out. It is made like a back-pack and can be carried on your back or as a duffle.

Leave the tennies at home, if you cannot do it in Bjorn (what is the macro for that kind of spelling?), or Tevas, my personal favorite, or barefooot, and it involves exercise, it cannot be worth doing on a vacation! Black sandals and black socks for formal night. Who, besides ducklite, is ever gonna notice? Though I'm going to have to do something soon, before we go, or nothing I bought last year is going to fit.

Steve, have my final payment earning a whopping 1% at the credit union. I hope my TA is on the ball and reminds me on time.

And yeah, re. the party, it was cold and almost rainy, we got dinner outside but had dessert inside. Cleaned for the whole day and the house is a wreck already. Now I've got to clean again, DS birthday party Saturday, and all the adults want to stay, too. Don't rain, don't rain, don't rain. We had the most dreadful drought this year, then partytime and it rains.....

Carla

abitjaded
09-08-2003, 03:13 PM
ignore duplicate

steveandtonya
09-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Anybody still here? I know everybody is busy, so I thought this deserved a bump. Only about 2 months until final payment is due.:eek:

Steve

abitjaded
09-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Funny how we have not picked up any new cruisers. C'mon lurkers, fess up.

Carla

rcostello1
09-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Oh no! :) "My" rooms are paid for, I have 1 room that I'm not fiscally responsible for. :)

OK, so I'm sure none of you is a compulsive travel planner since you belong to this DISboards group of, members of which are never type-a or anal... ;) I've made travel binders for each room in my party. I will have 3 first-time cruisers with me.

I have printed the 7-day navigators, excursions, shopping info, menus, and some select other information. Now I can get started on my famous spreadsheet! :teeth: I make a spreadsheet noting what we're doing when, etc.

The hardest part is deciding when to do things like brunch, tea, and Palo. Since that depends on our dining rotation (in my mind, because I want to hit certain restaurants on certain nights), I can't totally figure everything out until we get to the port.

I'm hoping for LPALPAL, isn't that the one adult-only groups usually get? I think that's what we had last time.

HAPPY PLANNING!

steveandtonya
09-11-2003, 09:37 AM
rcostello1, Sounds like you have everything pretty well worked out. We have things scattered everywhere. Trying to get it alltogether so we know where it is and what we don't have.

Steve

brack
09-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Back from Atlanta yesterday. My DW and 30yo DS from Dallas meet at Atlanta airport for a conference. We pick up a rental car and my wife said "let's do something crazy!" We leave Atlanta at 6pm Sat night and drive to WDW. Arrive at 1am, sleep for a few hrs at All Star Sports then hit Epcot on Sun. We rode Mission Space twice (it is really cool!) and had a blast all day. At 6pm we drove back to Atlanta and get in about 1am. We were a little tired for the conference Monday morn but it was worth it. :smooth:

abitjaded
09-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh Brack, what a hoot! Would love to be near enough to WDW to drive there on a whim. One year we had PAPs since I had a conference close by and Brad had one in Orlando. We went four times in one year, mostly because Excite (remember them?) kept offering $100 RT airfare from Denver and WD Travel kept offering dirt cheap AP hotel rates (got a $99/night Swan teachers rate, $129 premium savannah view at AKL and $59 AS Music twice). Ahhh... those were the days. I am so envious. How was Space? Did it make any of you ill? I did RnRoller Coaster once, enough. TofT, never. Not much else at WDW gets me, but I hate being spun.

Carla

cadburysmom
09-14-2003, 12:37 PM
My DS9 and I will be on the Jan 10 cruise and can't wait!! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and every year it's gotten better and better.....let's just hope this year surpasses the others!

Mom from NC

abitjaded
09-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Welcome Cadbury's Mom! Is that the chocolate? I have a just turned 10 DS. Have him PM my guy!;)

Carla

brack
09-14-2003, 04:42 PM
My wife rode Mission Space only once. She did say it made her a bit dizzy. My DS and I rode it twice. The only WDW ride that I have not done is Rockin' Rollercoaster. I am not an inverted ride kinda guy. I didn't ride the Disneyland Paris Indiana Jones ride for the same reason.

Going to be in Colorado Springs this Friday for a week of meetings and plan to be at the Garden of the Gods Sunday am for pictures. Make sure you keep this cool weather going out there.:D

abitjaded
09-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Brack, What day for Garden of The Gods? I'll need to plan a large party that needs to be outside to guarantee cold, rainy weather.

Carla

steveandtonya
09-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Welcome aboard Cadburysmom. My son will be 7 and a quarter as he likes to call it when we sail January 10. Hope we can all connect so our kids can play together. My 8 yr old daughter has already made a penpal with someone who is going. What part of N.C. are you in?

Steve

steveandtonya
09-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Bump to keep us from falling off the boards.

Steve:D

abitjaded
09-16-2003, 04:57 PM
What are everyone's pre-post cruise plans? Straight in and out? We wanted the week before to visit WDW and relatives, but since January 1 is a Thursday, looks like airfares won't be cheap until January 5. Called WDW travel and got a quote of $2,384 for Jan 5-10 for TWO rooms at Alligator Bayou and LOS passes. Passes alone would be $1261 just for five day with 2 minor parks, so rooms come out about $110 a night each. Was going to rent a house, but the five days is a problem. Decisions, decisions. Then we'd need to find a place at Coco Beach to see Cape Canaveral afterward. Costs are mounting.....

Carla

BGN
09-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Was The Hyatt rated 3 1/2 stars?? I looked at hotwire to see about getting the rate you did, but chickened out! We want to stay Jan 9 as well, but I'd be very disappointed if we got stuck at a different hotel!

steveandtonya
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Pre cruise- We are driving down from Oklahoma on Wed. night, hopefully arriving Thurs. afternoon at sister-in-law's in Orlando. Plan on going to see Cirque du Soleil on Friday night and drive down to the ship Saturday morning.
Post cruise- probably rolling pennies for gas money to get home.:p

Steve

steveandtonya
09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Bump- It doesn't take long to fall down in the boards. Hope everyone is well. :D
Steve

brack
09-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Leaving tomorrow for Colorado (be at the Garden of the Gods on Sunday) return for an overnight on Thursday and fly off to DC for the weekend. Getting those miles!

Our plans for the pre-cruise are to fly down early the 1st for a couple of WDW days and stay for a couple of days after the cruise. Haven't firmed up the plans but I think it'll happen.

Hope all is well with everyone. I don't know how much internet time I'll have this week but if not I'll chat with you in about 10 days.By then it'll be double digit countdown!

abitjaded
09-19-2003, 09:00 AM
DH just bagged 5 RT Denver-Orlando ticket on Delta for $135 RT. We are now committed to January 5-20. Yikes.

Carla

abitjaded
09-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Bumping! Trying to get the three days post cruise set. Frustrating to try and find something decent and reasonable. I can't figure out how so many Snowbirds can fill the places in Florida in the winter. The water is cold! Found a really strange house, but ye gads! The owner was really nice, the house comes with everything, boards, wetsuits, bicycles. Out of our shrinking budget, $300 a night, but you might take a look, this place is FUNKY!

http://www.sunnybeach.net/Rental_House/rental_house.html

Carla

skbjbarber
09-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Hello there! I have just booked our first ever Disney Cruise for myself, DH, DD-8 and DS-10. Have been to WDW many times but never a cruise! First cruise for any of us. Love reading the forum...great tips!

abitjaded
09-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Yipee skbjbarber! Another 10 year old boy. Does he like Yu-Gi-Oh or Gameboys? Course my son MIGHT finally get tired of his Gameboy by the time we cruise (I can only hope, I've seen nothing but the top of his head for weeks, new game he bought with his own allowance).

Have you gotten all the links to Dave's DCL Tribute and Barb's Platinum Castaway Cay sites? Did you buy a Passporter and read Mickey's guide on the WDWIG? All the best sites, a lot more info than go.disney.

Carla

BGN
09-26-2003, 08:21 AM
My 9 year old daughter LOVES gameboy too...she could bring her link cord so they could play together. Hopefully, there will be more interesting things to do....but I guess a bit of time "bonding" won't ruin the trip!

Welcome new passengers! It'll be here before you know it!

abitjaded
09-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Sounds like we have a Gameboy contest coming up! If I can just tie DS10 down on the computer this weekend, I'll try to get him to PM.

Has anyone heard from cotomom or ruley3 in a while? What about Regina, dvcreg?

Carla

steveandtonya
10-01-2003, 10:58 AM
BUMP. We are almost at double digits. WooHoo!:D

Steve

rcostello1
10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Can't wait til next Friday! That'll be about 90 days out. You'll have 30 days to cancel, but who would do that!?!?!? :)

I've been focused on my vacation just past and my vacation coming up. I went to LA for a few days, conveniently escaping the hurricane (and power/water outage), and on the 11th I go back to Anaheim (can anybody guess what I might be doing there?) and then to Vegas (practicing my "Bingo" skills...:)).

I have to decide what excursions we want to do, still haven't made up my mind there. This is our 2nd Eastern cruise, but last time I slept through most of St Thomas day, so that will still be new to me!

abitjaded
10-01-2003, 04:58 PM
... and on the 11th I go back to Anaheim (can anybody guess what I might be doing there?) and then to Vegas (practicing my "Bingo" skills...:)).

I have to decide what excursions we want to do, still haven't made up my mind there. This is our 2nd Eastern cruise, but last time I slept through most of St Thomas day, so that will still be new to me!

I'll bet you are going to Anaheim to check ou the new freeways. Or maybe check out all the new rides open at DL (Ha!). Or maybe you are just going to soar over California?

We are dithering about shore excursions, too. Considering the Leylon Sneed in St Thomas. Still cannot decide what to do about St M. Anyone been to Grand Case beach?

Carla

steveandtonya
10-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Carla, What is Leylon Sneed?

Steve

abitjaded
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
The Leylon Sneed is the boat that takes folks on the Five Star snorkel cruise to St John. We were thinking of this one since it sounds less of a pain to get to-from St John. Everyone says it is easy to get to St John on your own but that involves a taxi, then ferry from Red Hook, then taxi again on St John to get to a beach. Then repeat on return, not an option for our family parade of "nitwits on vacation". I did a search on the boat and it is just an old oyster boat that has been refitted. Nothing fancy, but the price is reasonable compared to some of the other options for St John. We saw it go by on our last trip as we were returning from Buck Island, and it looked like it made pretty good time.

Did a search at cruiseonly.com and it appears there are lots of rooms left in every category except 11. Maybe we are a ghost cruise. Have any of you Floridians seen any Florida resident prices yet?

I can start making PS for WDW restaurants tomorrow! That is 90 days out from January 5. "We" (DH) changed to Pop Century resort. Big savings over Alligator Bayou, but, can't say as I am very excited about that resort.

Carla

brack
10-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Giving this a bump before I go out of town again. We're at an Older Adult Camp this week (my wife plans this not that I'm old but I do qualify for some discounts!). There I plan to work on the new improved web page. If you have anything to put on it just send it along. See ya soon!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

steveandtonya
10-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Bump again. We're getting close to 90 days. :bounce:

Steve

abitjaded
10-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Is there anything we are supposed to do at 90 days???

Carla

rcostello1
10-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Yes, hibernate for 89 days so the wait won't be so long! :)

Or for some of us, start/continue diets.

Hmm, continue to plan obsessively.

Not time to start tanning yet... ;)

abitjaded
10-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Bumping 'cause we are slipping....

Thinking of starting a diet.... Parts of me ARE slipping...

Carla

rcostello1
10-21-2003, 12:58 PM
It looks like we will be able to see the new Golden Mickey's show on our cruise.

I don't know what, if anything, it replaces. I read a WDW cast member publication that says it will debut on the Magic in December.

Yay!

abitjaded
10-21-2003, 02:22 PM
I think Golden Mickeys replaces Morty the Magnificent. I actually liked Morty, oh well.

Carla

steveandtonya
10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone. It's almost time to pay up. November 11 is coming fast. Still looks like it will not be a full ship. I'll just be glad to be on it.

Steve:bounce:

abitjaded
10-28-2003, 07:03 AM
Me too. Is anyone booking shore excursions sixty days out, also? How are you planning on doing it? I could have sworn there was a place to submit electronically on the disney site, but cannot seem to find it.

Carla

steveandtonya
11-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Do you have to pay for the excursions when you book them or just reserve them? Thanks

Steve

steveandtonya
11-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Has anyone made excursion plans yet? It is coming up fast.

Steve

rcostello1
11-06-2003, 02:32 PM
I haven't done excursions yet. Everyone in my party is finally paid off though.

Right now I'm in WDW for a conference. I only made it half way around the world at the Food and Wine festival. We needed to eat by the time we got to Germany...too much to drink!! I must say it was fun!

steveandtonya
11-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Sounds like fun, rcostello1.
Refresh my memory, are you sailing we any kids 7 yrs to 9 yrs old? We paid our cruise off yesterday- sort of. It's now on the credit card, now just have to pay that down.

Steve

brack
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Whew! It's been a long time and I have one more week of travel for work then I can settle down for awhile. I miss this board and plan to spend more time on it after my return next week. I also promise to work on the web page.

We paid for the two cruises this past Monday so I have no cash flow. It's hot dogs for awhile! We also booked two days at the AllStar Music before the cruise and three days at the Pop Century for after the cruise. It will be long Disney vacation this year.

Hope everyone is doing well. We'll chat soon.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

abitjaded
11-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey Brack. welcome semi-back.

We paid off the cruise tonite. Sort of. Charged the Disney Card, anyway. Now it is time to move funds. We are at the Pop Century before the cruise. Nephew confirmed for cruise and SIL and nephew will be joining us for Pop. Convinced at least one of my Florida relatives to join us for WDW, too. Now I have to redo all those reservations, including dining PS. Wonder if I can deal with "Group Reservations" for eight. Maybe we have become a "Grand Gathering". Or "Nitwits on Vacation, Part II". GETTING CLOSER!!!!!!

Carla

brack
11-09-2003, 07:12 PM
:earsgirl: :earsboy: BUMP ... before I leave town again for a week.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

brack
11-10-2003, 12:28 AM
I need some help. After working on a Frontpage version of the web page I found out that the two sites that I have access to do not accept Frontpage. So I am back to AOL Hometown. Look at this page and tell me that I have the captions right. I can add more pages. Thanks.
http://hometown.aol.com/majorbrack/index.html

abitjaded
11-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Got all our shore info and gift flyer from the TA. Tomorrow we book the shore excursion. Ya hoo! Is everyone paid off?

Carla

steveandtonya
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM
We are all paid up (to Disney at least). We made our excursion reservation for St. Thomas this morning- Buck Island Sail and Snorkle at 12:15pm. We aren't scheduling anything on St. Maarten- just shopping. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Steve

abitjaded
11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
We got our St Thomas Leylon Sneed reservations today!

Shopping in St Maarten is really fun. Lots of great shops on Front Street. We did some nice jewelry shopping at Joe's. This shop was a DCL sanctioned shop. They treated us well. Free pop and beer, restroom for DS two times. Not free diamond and white topaz and blue topaz. Picked up some cheap liquor, just stroll in and out of the shops. The prices vary a lot. Got some great color change t's for the kids off Front Street, really nice quality and much cheaper than the "name brands" on Front. Also got some INCREDIBLE Belgian chocolates. DH got a good deal on a Swiss Army knife at Little Switzerland (to replace the one we mailed home from the airport that was in his pocket-duh). Could have shopped a lot more. Anything you might want, it will be cheaper in St M than in St Thomas. Is anyone heading over to Marigot? I'd love some L'Occitane stuff, but can't see paying more for the taxi than I would save.

Dave has the shopping guides.

www.dcltribute.com

Carla

steveandtonya
11-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the info, Carla. It is getting closer everyday and my family is having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit. The cruise is Christmas and birthday gift for most of us.

Steve

abitjaded
11-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Steve, I know what you mean about Christmas and birthday. DH's birthday was Friday and he didn't get much! Bought himself a hot dog with tickets I had purchased at the kid's school carnival while I painted faces. Talk about gourmet. Now he'll get even on my birthday , which is right before Christmas. Have been hoarding "deals" all year for Christmas presents. The kids have been getting their allowance in Disney dollars so they have something to spend on the cruise. Even the Tooth Fairy gives Disney dollars. That way they can't spend their allowance on junk before the cruise! Been trying to finish all the shopping on the Disney Visa to get credit for the cruise and leave enough time to get the points card. Now, about that credit limit....

Carla

brack
11-21-2003, 10:52 PM
First things first ... BUMP!

Hey guys look in your mail for a card from Disney giving very good rates on their moderate resorts for the time we are there (before and after our cruise). It says its for the moderates but when I called they were also given it for the AllStars. The code to ask for is BCB.

CTDVCMBS
11-22-2003, 01:57 PM
We are first time cruisers from CT. 2 kids our girl is 11 and our boy is 13. Have questions about what to bring /advice from those who are experienced. Like are the motorola radios helpful or not- stuff like that... We are having trouble not only getting in the mood for the holidays but also getting in the mood for the cruise............. each one seems to cancel the other out !I guess both are just too much to think about....- I have not planned on any certain outfits or anything was hoping to buy some things there especially for formal night .... hadn't even considered that one until I lurked on this board. .......- is that reasonable or a crazy idea? also question re swimming with the dolphins 4 of us want to go but the $$$$$ are a bit challenging...... anyone have experience with that excursion?

abitjaded
11-26-2003, 08:36 AM
We have the radios, and use them. We are even thinking of getting a few more to keep everyone in our party connected.

Don't know about the dolphins. Are you referring to the Anguilla trip? You might want to post this to the main board. Also checked out the main reviews page and there are not any reviews of it. Try cruisecritic.com under the individual ports, you may find something.

I have not seen anyone post about buying dressy clothes in the ports. Lots of people buy tropical clothes in St Maarten for tropical night, though. Bear in mind that either formal or semi-formal night occurs before any port. This night is Sunday. and seems to vary lately as to formal or semi. Hit the after New Year sales! Plus if you take the Anguilla excursion you will not have time to shop.

P.S., Welcome along!

Carla

brack
11-30-2003, 01:00 AM
BUMP

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still waiting on my doc's!

::MickeyMo :earsboy: ::MinnieMo :earsgirl:

skbjbarber
12-01-2003, 01:34 PM
I finally figured out how to post a message!!! YEA!! Wrote back in September but couldn't get my machine to work right. Family is getting excited about the trip finally!!! I agree though, its hard to get all merry about Christmas when we are all looking forward to January! Got 2 other friends to join us, now up to 3 rooms. Have 2 boys in the group who are bringing their Gameboys and hoping to find a Yugi-OH or Pokemon tournament. Now that I know what I am doing, look forward to posting regularly. Talk to you all soon!!

abitjaded
12-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Oh, yes, gotta do the Pokeman thing. My DS, 10, has Pokeman Advance with the Saphire version and has asked Santa for the Ruby, but Mom here does not have a clue about cableing together? What will he need?

Hope Roy's departure gives the Disney organization a good kick!

Carla

brack
12-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Today my dog started running around the house barking and carrying on like something crazy. I ran to the door, looked out just in time to see a brown truck drive off. I looked on my front porch and I started to running around the house, shouting ... my docs are here!

reggit
12-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Count two more in on the Jan 10th cruise.

Does anybody know about the Mountain Bike Tours? I am having trouble deciding between the Shipwreck Cove Snorkel Tour, the 12-Metre Regatta and the bicycle on St. Maarten.

Later,
Reggit
(aka Paul)

rcostello1
12-01-2003, 10:08 PM
I hope my docs come soon, how fun! :)

I think we might do (some of us) the catamaran thing in St Maarten. I would love to do a St John/Thomas boating thing but since I slept through St Thomas last time I figured I would go see the island and do something like Coral World. My parents had fun doing that last time.

Now if I can survive that long...4 more weeks of retail hell. In addition to my 'real' job. At least I get a 2-day break next week, I'm going to NYC. Christmas shopping!!! :)

brack
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
We ought to start talking about a meet sometime, somewhere. I'll take a picture (I'm bringing my tripod this time).

Our first full day at sea is Sunday. Maybe we can meet somewhere on deck 10 aft? Any suggestions of a place or time?

rcostello1
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
I will have to add that activity to my spreadsheet...better book a time slot now. What 15 minutes can i give you? :)

brack
12-02-2003, 01:02 PM
rcostello1: I know what you mean about squeezing in the time. I had thought about a little less sleep and taking the picture at 3am but then I thought of how I would look at that time and decided against that! :earseek:

steveandtonya
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
We got our documents today from AAA. Now it is really real. It will be totally real when we get on the ship. :bounce:

Steve

cotomom
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm soooo jealous that you got your docs already! Surely the rest of ours are not too far behind.

I'm starting to get more involved on the boards as we're getting closer! Really trying to confirm the dinner rotation so we can make Palo reservations.

I called to make shore excursion bookings and was told that the Doubloon Sail on St. Thomas is not happening in the morning.

Anyone else get that info?

reggit
12-05-2003, 05:46 PM
I got the docs from AAA today.

Now I gotta do the shore excursions.

CTDVCMBS
12-06-2003, 10:44 AM
wow.... a spread sheet-

Is the spread sheet self created or is it like a dayrunner/ planner what did you include something more complex?? - sounds interesting- I am having a tough time keeping everything straight ....including everything I have yet to do for Christmas and we are snowbound (almost) here in CT ..... yikes! -

My son (13) plays pokemon so a tournament sounds like a good idea - do you mean cards or gameboy - I dont think I will let him bring the gameboy on the cruise .... it may be something we (oops!) forgot to pack... Did you see the commercial with the kids humming silent night with their heads down - turns out they are all playing gameboy - sad but so true!!!!!

abitjaded
12-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Ha, ha! Yes, my son is most easily recognizable by the top of his head bent over the Gameboy. We joke we do not recognize his face. We won't forget them, even though some of you may not forgive or agree, we let the kids play them at dinner, before food arrives and after they are totally finished. It made for a more relaxing dinner for the adults. My kids did not want to hang out in the clubs a lot. They ate every meal with us and the games kept them content at dinner. My older son has a ton of Pokeman cards he ignored for years, but has drug back out since he has been playing the Gameboy Pokeman games. I hope I can convince him not to bring the cards, he is always misplacing them or the ONE REALLY IMPORTANT MOST VALUABLE (sorry to yell, but HE does, you get the idea).

We don't have our Docs yet. They are across town at the travel agent and the weather has been lousy here. DH is supposed to give them our Fed-Ex account.

Whew, finally got four "tuxedo" vests for the guys done, four bow ties almost done.... now to wrap Christmas presents, etc......

Then make my cruise spread sheet and get the foot high pile of junk condensed down to one decent notebook...

Our school fundraiser is FINISHED, woo hoo! Got two Destination Imagination tems set up. My shopping is DONE at least! DH is finishing finals this week, then to a six day conference, then finish his three year grant renewal that keeps him working, then we can think about two weeks of guests for Christmas, then cruise!!!!!

Oh, oh, when am I gonna make the blasted cookies, decorate the tree, cook for nine....... pack for five.... gotta clean somewhere in there....

Can you say "overload"?

Carla

steveandtonya
12-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Under 30 days. WooHOO!!!

Steve

brack
12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
steveandtonya: How do you like the snow? and to think more is coming in tomorrow. Makes you wish the cruise was already here. See you soon.

steveandtonya
12-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Brack, I am staying in tonight and just watching it. It is not anywhere near the amount we used to get when I was growing up in Pennsylvania but it is pretty, just not fun to drive around. Makes you appreciate a few short weeks from now even more. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Steve

steveandtonya
12-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Just wondering, are there any 7 year old boys that will be on the 1/10/04 Eastern cruise, besides ours. Thanks

brack
12-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Just think guys, three more times for the Magic to pull out before our 1/10/04 cruise starts and one more full moon until No Snow!

missattitude
12-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Just received my cruise documents for 1/10. I will be travelling with my DH, DS (12) and DD (7). I was reading the posts and it seems like there may be a few 7 year olds and they are all boys. She will be thrilled since she is a tomboy through and through. My DS is in 7th grade and won't turn 13 until April. Will they let him in the teen club...anyone know?

CTDVCMBS
12-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Missattitude,

We are going on the Jan 10th Cruise and I have an 11 yo daughter and 13 yo Son. From what iIunderstand they wont let the kids change are groups upwaqrd but will downward.

I was concerned about my kids being in different groups because they actually get along very well. My son is in the 7th grade and turned 13 in November. Seems like an age/grade combination cut off would be a better way for them to go. My daughter is in grade 6.
My Son went on the teen board to try to meet some Jan 10th cruisers his age. Maybe your son could post there, and they can "meet " precruise.

rcostello1
12-15-2003, 09:00 AM
CTDVCMBS...

Spreadsheet is self-created :) I will have to post it online so I can share. I haven't got it completed yet. I haven't even been on here in a week or so. I think I put in over 80 hours last week between both jobs. Is Christmas over yet?!??!?! Maybe I can deduct my cruise for medical expenses...I will need it to recuperate!

I finally got the last 2 sets of docs last week. The DVC docs took longer to get than the regular docs. Now I just have to locate my birth certificate...haven't used it since March which was my last cruise.

uk/ozmember
12-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

We arrive in Orlando, from London, on the 5th Jan and are staying at BW for 5 days then on to our 1st cruise on the 10th.
I also have a 13 yr old son, 7yr old Daught and 4yr old son.
My eldest is a bit shy so will need persuading to go to the teen events.

brack
12-15-2003, 05:56 PM
uk/ozmember: Do you live in London? I had an opportunity this year to study in London for two and a half months (April to June). The school was in the south part of London in the Sydenham Hill area. I loved my time there (we took a quick trip to Disneyland Paris). It will good to hear the accent again. Welcome aboard!

I hope you can come to the "meet". We haven't set a time or place yet but I suggest that Sunday (our 1st full day at sea) around 1:30 to 2:00pm on Deck 10 aft near the Mickey pool and Palo's. I'm bringing my camera and tripod to take a picture which I'll be happy to share. Are there any other suggestions from the rest of the group going? :Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper:

brack
12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Is this a great state or what? Oklahoma ... Friday night through Saturday am it snowed. Saturday was barely above freezing. Sunday it got to 55 degrees and today it was 70 degrees! What ever happened to consistency?

I can't wait for the cruise!

abitjaded
12-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Hey all, my DSs are 7 and 10. DS 7 is in first grade and one of his best friends is a 'tomboy' girl, missattitude, they should have a good time together.

Brack, can't really remember, but is deck 10 shady somewhere? Meet time and place sounds good, if so. I need to find some lime-green ribbon. I think I will recognize you guys, but tanner from cruise 1, and hopefully everyone will look at your web site and can recognize us. Are you all packed? PMd you with our cabins at least for now, hoping to upgrade the cat 11 reasonably in port.

Uk/ozmember, we will also be in Orlando late on the 5th. We will be at the Pop Century. If you see a very-non-Disney parade, cousin from Florida, 60s limping along, two little blond boys, two older parents (me and goateed DH), a very tall blond young man, his blond mom, all in combination pushing a senior grandma in a wheelchair and maybe even two more shorter seniors (grammy and DH, house sitting in Florida), it's us! And if we are bickering, you can be sure it is us! LYMI.

Sick of shoveling snow!!!!!

Carla

CTDVCMBS
12-16-2003, 09:10 AM
meet sounds good- never been cruising before so if we can find our way to deck 10 on sunday at 1:30 will be there. My boy and girl are both somewhat reserved ....so uk/oz- I'm in the same boat with you. (pun intended hahaha) Everyone who has cruised Disney that we have talked with so far tells us how much fun their kids had..... made so many friends at the kids activities.......ended up never seeing them...... blah blah blah - and I think mine will be stuck to us like glue ( lol)...

uk/ozmember
12-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Brack: We don't live that far from Sydenham a bit further South in Sutton. I hope you don't mind me saying but Sydenham is a bit of a dump!!!

What did you think of Deisnyland Paris? It pales in comparison to Orlando but I thought the main hotel there was fantastic. We heard recently that it was doing really badly and might even close, I don't know why they ever built it in Paris it is far too cold for 6 months of the year to use!

We would love to come to the meet there are 5 of us hubby and I are very tall 3 children B13, g7 and B4. See you there!!

brack
12-16-2003, 05:35 PM
uk/ozmember: That's ok because I agree. I work for The Salvation Army and they have owned that property since the '40s. The main house was built in the late 1800's and is very nice. The neighborhood is going downhill (that's a play on words because the house is the highest point there) and we were very careful not to venture out after dark.

I liked DLP even though it was only two parks and a downtown area. The parks were a lot more compact than WDW and the rides exteriors were not as detailed as WDW's. This was especially true at the Studio. The DLP Big Thunder Mountain ride is better than WDW's but don't tell anyone that I said that. It was worth the trip. We stayed at the Santa Fe and it was comfortable even with no AC.

Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise.

brack
12-20-2003, 10:24 AM
I saw the magic in port today. Just think ... after it pulls out this afternoon it will leave only two more times without us all on board!

My DW says that I am obsessed. I even dreamed about the cruise last night (it was a crazy dream but I won't bore you with it) Needless to say I agree with her.

This has been a quiet thread lately I hope everyone is well. Stay that way and we'll see you soon.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

brack
12-23-2003, 04:48 PM
bump.

Everyone ok?

missattitude
12-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Patiently waiting for the cruise!!!

abitjaded
12-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi, I am the DN, 23 who is coming on the cruise. (Aside by Aunt, very cute lots of fun). Auntie is trying to convince DN, i.e., me, to make a reservation for two or more at Palo for me, DN, and any 20 somethings who might want to have a anice dinner. Any takers????

DN, (here for Christmas, arm twisted, she made me do it......)

Carla's DN

brack
12-26-2003, 09:49 PM
This has been a quiet thread lately. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

See you all soon. We're going early so we'll make sure everything is ready for you on the 10th. :sunny:

steveandtonya
12-27-2003, 08:30 AM
Hi Brack, We are leaving on the 6th after school. Driving all night to Orlando. Should take about 22 hours. From reading another thread it looks like you'll be right near us. We are in 7001. Take good care of things.
Steve

abitjaded
12-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Bon Voyage Brack and Annette!

First Christmas group is on way to Airport. Second Christmas group is on road, arriving tonight for Christmas number two. Busy here. Hope to get packing started soon.

Carla

rcostello1
12-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to move from the chair right now and a search would require too much brain power... :) when is the 'show' at Animator's Palate? If we end up with a LAPLAPL rotation is it the 2nd visit? I can't remember which rotation we had last time. Not knowing the rotation makes it difficult to plan!! I will have to make 3 different plans :)

I finally have days off from retail world this week. Maybe I'll take a day off from the real job, too. I have to pick clothes, start packing, and finish planning. First on the list, which duty-free liquor needs replenishing... :) Guess I'll make that list after New Year's Eve!

brack
12-27-2003, 02:03 PM
The two times we have been on the Magic the show at Animators was the second night.

Now that I've said that watch it be the first this time! :crazy:

babsmv
12-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi Everyone,
We just found this board today. It will be DH, DS 12, DD 11 & myself going. We are all really excited. This is our first DCL cruise. DH & I met on a cruise (Norway) 15 years ago. Best vacation we ever took!
We are arriving on the 9th at MCO & staying at a Days Inn. We plan to rent a car & drive to the port. We are thinking about using a limo service (or any transportation service) after the cruise because our plane leaves at 11:30. Don't know what I was thinking when I made that reservation!! Any ideas from you experienced cruisers what transportation is reliable & affordable. Anyone else have early flights that would like to share a ride to the airport?

Thanks,
Glad we are joining all of you!

Barb

abitjaded
12-29-2003, 06:47 AM
Welcome Barb. Try posting about your rush to the airport to the rest of the board. I know this question comes up and folks will have advice for you. We are staying in Cocoa Beach for a bit after, just so we do not have to rush. However, there is one member of our party who must get to MCO that day. We were going to pick up our rental car and drive him in.

Carla

babsmv
12-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks Carla, we will do that.
I printed out one of the "things to bring lists". Wow, do I have a lot to do! Like everyone else Christmas kind of took a backseat this year. We are just all too excited about the cruise. My DD decided to clean out her drawers yesterday & I told her to pack her summer clothes so she will be ready. She was thrilled to hear that. :Pinkbounc My DS was thrilled to find out he can IM if we get the internet package for him. I guess they are all set now.
We still have to book excursions or decide what to do at the ports. I'm thinking beaches, but the rest of the family wants action! I'm juist counting the minutes now. Have a Happy New Year everyone!
Barb

brack
12-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Welcome Barb!

You can book the DCL transport going and coming from the airport. If the hotel has a shuttle they can get you back and forth to the airport before the cruise. DCL is reasonable and you can be assured of getting there on time if they know your schedule.

There are limos and other transport services advertised on this board as well.

rcostello1
12-29-2003, 03:09 PM
OK I was doing my round of verifications this weekend and everything was fine. I even booked a trip to Vegas while I was at it. Oh and bought $5 zillion tickets for Celine Dion (third row, center :) ). So today I was cruising through and noticed that since this weekend the flight times for 2 in my travel party changed by over 5 hours!!

They were booked on the evening flight which is now non-existent. The 1pm flight means they can't work Friday, which was the whole point of the evening flight. So I called Song and switched them to the 7am flight with the rest of us. So now we're all going to be there in the AM (one comes from NYC, the rest from DC).

So 8 people don't fit into a 7 person minivan. Thankfully my magic wand still works and I got 2 full size cars for $25 each (all taxes/fees included there!). That was less than half the cost of my one minivan. Woo hoo!

The hotel is no worry for Friday, we are staying at the MCO Hyatt via HotWire. Now everyone can enjoy a day in the park. We are set for dinner at Boma, one of my favorite places!

We also have tickets to attend a taping of WWTBAM with Meredith Viera. Only 6 tickets and now 8 people, so I will sacrifice and go shopping instead :)

I finally had time to start my spreadsheet. It's nice to see the dining and activities (BINGO!) together. I had Bingo conflicts with brunch and/or tea last time, so at least this time I have an idea of when those will occur. Granted all these times are set to change but I have a good idea.

I uploaded my draft in Adobe Acrobat PDF format if anyone wants to take a look: http://members.aol.com/rcostello1/cruise2004/cruisedraft.pdf. Oh, and while I was typing this (for the 3rd time, don't ask!) my confirmations on the tuxedos came through. We will be all pretty :) My Amex bill won't be...!!

cotomom
12-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Love your spreadsheet! Thanks for sharing it!

cadburysmom
12-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Hello again...it's been a while since I've checked these boards but my DS 9 and I are so excited about the cruise!! We are flying into Orlando Jan 9......tried to get the MCO Hyatt where we stayed in years past but unfortunately got the Airport Renaissance on Priceline. Someone suggested I try Hotwire for MCO Hyatt but I hate taking another chance and losing the money and from what I've read, the Renaissance is really nice.

We are waitlisted for early seating so I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get it....I certainly don't want DS9 falling asleep at dinner each night.

We're doing the afternoon Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Martin and hopefully it will be as fun as last year. I tried to book us on the Dolphin Encounter but it was booked. Oh well....there's always next year!

My DS9 will be bringing his Gameboy Advance to use on the plane but he loved the Oceaneer's Lab so much last year that he never wanted to play it during the cruise. I'm hoping he'll feel the same way this year.

We are very excited and look forward to meeting you!

brack
12-31-2003, 12:51 AM
rcostello1: Great spreadsheet! The only thing missing is the DISBoard meet on Sunday at about 2pm. I'll have my camera for a group picture.

abitjaded
12-31-2003, 08:09 AM
I'm hoping all of us will bring the kids to the meet, too. At least I hope I can convince my guys to come. I did dig up a lime green t-shirt for DS 10, so look for us in the preboarding line. I hope we are there early enough!

Wow, rcostello, you are organized! I swiped a copy for my notebook, too.

Spent yesterday, while round two of guests went to ski getting the laundry together and forcing the kids to try on their summer stuff. Wee bit of a problem with slacks, maybe I can paint their ankles black or khaki and nobody will notice the gap.... Ye gads, forgot what a monumental mound even 7 days supply of clothes for 5 makes. We will be gone 15 days, wonder what that would look like if I packed for all instead of planning to wash clothes.....

I did suggest DS bring a Pokeman deck also. Maybe that would keep them from Game Boy addiction. And maybe he could finally really learn how to play instead of making up the rules as he goes along.

Big preps for NY today. My DB's girlfriend is from Russia where it is their major holiday, so ding, ding, ding, round two with a vengance, fireworks, crystal and all.

Happy NY Eve all!:jumping1: :jumping1:

Carla

steveandtonya
12-31-2003, 08:58 AM
WOO HOO
Only TEN DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN!
Happy New Cruise Year everyone!

Steve:bounce: :bounce:

brack
12-31-2003, 08:13 PM
steveandtonya: thanks for the birthday wish on the other thread. I surprised her today with a party.

I'll make sure the ship is in good shape for you.

brack
01-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Happy New Year. See you in about 9 days (single digits for you too!). Travel safe. I'll make sure to save some fun for you.

Look for me on the 10th deck before you board. I don't have to get off the ship so I'll wave at you. :sunny:

abitjaded
01-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Gee Brack, rub it in.;) Happy BD to Annette.

Called DCL to make sure we get a table toward the front of the restaurants and set up our "celebrations". The CM said the cruise is 90% full. Now I'm starting to worry about the ressie rush. Thought our cruise was going to be empty. What port arrival time is everyone aiming for?

Barb, did you get your transport worked out?

rcostello, just in case, for the future, there are some minivans that hold eight. At least eight bodies, but hardly luggage AND the people. They are the standard, but have two back tiers of seats that hold three. There is very little room in the van to schlepp luggage. It ends up being stacked on laps and bungeed to the top. Been there, done that. Two cars are better.

Carla

rcostello1
01-01-2004, 10:44 PM
abitjaded, I've had the 8-passenger van before, but I'm too cheap for that :) Two full-size cars at $25 makes me quite happy, plus Alamo is in-termal, and I have *********** so I won't have a line! Plus this way we can split up if we need...luggage won't be an issue...we are staying at the Hyatt MCO so we'll just drop it off. We drove down to the port from the DC area in both a 7- and an 8-passenger minivan. Flying is better!

Now tomorrow I start packing, or at least getting the stuff ready for the cleaners. Also get my haircut, then I have to work again. Ugh!

When I revise the spreadsheet I will post an update. I need to throw on a few more things.

So I guess this means I fly down a week from tomorrow. I have SO MUCH to do!!! I'm trying to get out of working next Thursday night...I hate working late and then getting up at 4am...ick!!

Later!!

Rob

abitjaded
01-02-2004, 08:13 AM
So,

missattitude
BGN
Rcostello Rob!
Brack and Annette
Steve and Tonya
Cadburysmom
babsmv
ukozmember
CTDVCMBS
reggit
cotomom
skjbarber
dvcreg

All? Any lurking?

Carla

cadburysmom
01-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I think I'm more excited than my son! We have taken the cruise in late February for the last three years but had to change it to Jan due to my sister-in-law's pregnancy. I was worried I wouldn't appreciate it as much because it was so close to Christmas. But I've come to realize it is almost better because I usually get a little depressed once the holidays are over but now this gives me something to look forward to!

Looking forward to a great week aboard the Magic!

Mom from NC

missattitude
01-02-2004, 12:36 PM
One more week until I am in Florida!!! This time next week I be on my way to the airport....with my bouncing 7 year old. She had an appointment at the eye doctor's today and couldn't sit still in the seat and told the DR. all about the cruise!

Has anyone booked excursions. We were thinking of just going to a beach in St. Maartin and were wondering if we should just go via a taxi. Any suggestions.....

In St. Thomas we booked a non DCL excurstion with Captain Jim from Jester sailing. With my DD we were limited to the age restrictions on excursions and she is a good swimmer so could do alot her age excluded her from.

skbjbarber
01-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Yes...I am still here! Glad the holidays are over, now I can just concentrate on getting ready for the cruise! Must admit, starting to panic a bit about the ressies, excursions filling up, packing the right things, etc... Have never done this for the WHOLE family, usually just me and DH. I think I am on information overload!!

Nancy@Toronto
01-02-2004, 04:27 PM
And me too ... Nancy from Toronto ... along with my partner, his sister and her 7-yr old son. We'll try to make it for the get-together ... is it at 2:00 or 1:30??

Nancy

Originally posted by abitjaded
So,

missattitude
BGN
Rcostello Rob!
Brack and Annette
Steve and Tonya
Cadburysmom
babsmv
ukozmember
CTDVCMBS
reggit
cotomom
skjbarber
dvcreg

All? Any lurking?

Carla

natiann
01-02-2004, 10:20 PM
We'll be there too! We are heading down from Alaska on Tuesday - first trip to Disney World and our first cruise! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! I have a 4 year old DD and a 5 Year old DS.

Mary

Regina
01-03-2004, 07:25 AM
I can't find the meet info. Can someone post it? :D

abitjaded
01-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by brack
I suggest that Sunday (our 1st full day at sea) around 1:30 to 2:00pm on Deck 10 aft near the Mickey pool and Palo's. I'm bringing my camera and tripod to take a picture which I'll be happy to share. Are there any other suggestions from the rest of the group going? :Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper:

Brack asked rcostello to add the meet to his spread sheet at 2:00.

missattitude: We rented a car last time and drove all over the St Ms. We went to Dawn Beach, just O.K. snorkeling wise, even though it is supposedly the best the island has, but a nice beach, bit of a drop off and some coral, hard on feet, good services. Grand Case is beautiful, as is Orient (visited on a previous cruise). What are you looking for beach-wise? This time we plan to shop (shop here, much cheaper than St Thomas!!!) in Phillipsburg, then probably just hang at Great Bay Beach. It is hard for us to get too far with my Mom's mobility issues. Last Cruise the Beach looked rather empty and peaceful. We'll see this time, looks like a lot more ships may be in town and I have read it can be nuts, taxi to another beach maybe. We were planning on just getting the boat shuttle bands. Dave has a pretty good index to the beaches.

I pack today!

Carla

missattitude
01-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks....beach wise we are looking for something clean and beautiful and NOT clothing optional.....the kids are so excited about being able to see their feet in the water......going to New Jersey beaches in the summer you only see your feet in about 6 inche of water!!!! Also don't want a clothing optional beach.

babsmv
01-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi All,
We too are looking for a great beach to take the kids to. Ours are DS12, DD 11. My husband has been told Orient is the place to go. I'm not so sure with it being clothing optional. What is the best way to get there? What are everyone's thoughts on renting a car? Maybe check out a few beaches. Thanks!

Barb

The wait is almost over:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Regina
01-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Okie doke. Sunday it is. Thanks!:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

cotomom
01-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi,
I'm still around... Trying to soak up my final tidbits before we hit the road! Have to try that Chinese folding laundry video!

Still confused/worried about what type of clothing to bring. I guess a combo? Anyone have hints, suggestions?

Anyone doing the Buck Island Snorkel trip? How about the See & Sea on St. Maarten?

See you real soon!

rcostello1
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
OK for the first time EVER I am not packing too much. Or at least I think so :)

My non-negotiables are a suit (2-piece) for semi-formal and a jacket for whenever else I need a jacket. I have a tux for formal night. So I am packing a black pair of pants, a shirt for use with the suit and other nights, a 2nd pair of pants good for dinner or while in port

1 suit (jacket and pants)
1 jacket
2 pants
4 shirts (one is tropical, otherwise it would be 3)
2 swimming trunks (one won't do!)
2 shorts

I have to find the right pair of shoes. I had the PERFECT shoes but TSA lost one of those a year ago and I still haven't heard back about getting it replaced. Thanks TSA! They were quite expensive too.

I'm actually planning to wear sandals on most nights. I have nice brown and also black sandals so they are easy and light to pack.

I'm not packing any t-shirts. Just a tank to wear up to the pool. I figure I will buy any t-shirts on the ship or in port. Why pack what I will buy?!?

What are your thoughts? Once I get this packing done I can get back to the spreadsheet..

rcostello1
01-04-2004, 12:38 AM
OK now I remembered...what does one wear to the clubs. There is smoking, right? I don't want to wear smoke-smelling clothes, and if I wear my clothes more than one night, yuck.

Any ideas? I think we usually wore whatever we wore to dinner to the late-night venues. I might pack one extra pair of pants for nighttime.

OK bedtime! I have to get up and fake and bake, then work tomorrow. Then I have to go back to my real job on Monday. No fun!!

abitjaded
01-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Here is a good beach link from Dave's site.

http://www.odrc.com/beaches/beaches.htm

We did not see any nudity at Dawn Beach, but were there pretty early in the day and left soon after lunch time. The beach was quiet and clothed while we were there, mostly snorkelers off the ships. Later, who knows? The French side has a bit more of a rep than the Dutch. Do not go to Orient if you do not want to see unexposed body appendages. One end is a nudist resort, and while it is hard to stumble accidentally into it, you will see "things" on the non-total-nudity-part, too. Long ago, another couple and we went there, because the guys were curious. Sure they saw some "nice" things, but mostly we were all appalled at seeing the people from our cruise ship that were the LAST people who should have been exposing all. It was hard to look at some of these people during the rest of the cruise. Trust me, no pun intended with the word hard.

Rob, you DO NOT want my packing list. Filled four large suitcases and a lime-green mesh dive pack yesterday. Does not include five carry-ons. But basically enough t's and shorts if worn twice, and dress clothes to wear once. Yes, clothes will be smokey from the bars, even the "family interludes between dinner times". Air 'em on your verandah?

For the cruise each of us has a formal outfit, semi-formal outfit (one black suit per guy, different vest and shirt) tropical outfit, and shirts (4) that can be worn to dinner, then next day with shorts (3) or khakis(2). Adults have a Palo outfit. Plus a couple grungy-type t's, a fleece, a windbreaker, sleep stuff, two swimsuits and a plasic baggie poncho, billed caps and visors. And twice as much underwear, when you change clothes a couple times a day...well, you won't have to recycle. What killed me is one large suitcase full of nothing but formal shoes, Teva's, six containers of sunblock, large medicine supply, hand purifier, long extension bar to use the computer on the verandah and all the cosmetic and shave kits. The airline loses that one and we are all in deep-doo-doo.

Buck Island is interesting, we did it last time via a charter. Supposed to see turtles, but we did not.

We are going on the Leylon Sneed to St John, just a teaser. I have always wanted to stay at least a week in one of the camps on St John.

Carla

abitjaded
01-04-2004, 09:06 AM
What a pain, The Magic is the only ship tendering in St Thomas on our cruise.

http://vinow.com/general_usvi/getting_here/Cruise-Schedule_2004/STT-Jan-2004.php

Carla

rcostello1
01-04-2004, 06:05 PM
OK that's a big bummer. Last time we docked. I don't wanna tender. WHINE!!!!!!!

Carla you sound like me on my last 7-night cruise. I don't have the energy to do all that packing! :) I've done so much traveling in the past few years I'm all about bringing as little as possible and buying what you forget you need!

I was doing my clothing "matrix" last night and I thought *gasp* what if someone saw me in the same clothes twice. Guess you will have to deal with it. :crazy:

I'm definitely going to pack something extra for the clubs. I hate smoke-smelling clothes, and lets see, oh they forgot to glue on the deck 2 verandahs during dry dock, so putting them out there is no help :p

OK off to purchase toiletries and shoe hangers. Each cabin will get an over-the-door shoe hanger as my personal cabin gift. Ooooh aaaahhh don't all be jealous at once! :teeth:

I see by your cruise counter it's only 5 days!!! til cruisetime. I can't wait. Only 4 more days of work!!!

abitjaded
01-04-2004, 07:33 PM
and lets see, oh they forgot to glue on the deck 2 verandahs during dry dock, so putting them out there is no help :p

Outside or inside? Duct tape instead of glue? If outside, trail 'em out the porthole??? If inside hang 'em on the toilet vent and put it on high???? If neither, stick a hairdryer up 'em and blow??? Or bring along one of those dry-clean baggie and wipe things and toss 'em around in the dryer???? Man, I try all sorts of things to keep my luggage down, but every time I pack really light one of my kids ends up with stomach flu. Let me tell ya about the time we stayed at a Ft. Wilderness cabin and I had to do eight loads of laundry in one week. I'm not kidding, each time the DS, who was 2 at the time, lost it, he managed to get himself and at least one or two adults, too. Then there was the time just DH and I packed really light to train travel through small towns in Southern France and could not find a laundry anywhere. Well, we smelled more and more like natives as the trip wore on...

Carla

rcostello1
01-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Note to self, avoid abitjaded's family at all costs...or coat yourself in Purell afterwards :)

just kidding!

OK I have a little purell for each person and the over-the-door shoe hanger thing. clothes ready for the cleaners tomorrow. Packing the toiletries tomorrow. Is it time to go yet?

You know I could always pack some bounce and throw whatever I need freshed up in the dryer. I do that at home sometimes.

Hope to post an updated spreadsheet tomorrow.

abitjaded
01-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Note to self, avoid abitjaded's family at all costs...or coat yourself in Purell afterwards :)

OK I have a little purell for each person

Ah, c'mon. That does not count the many times we travel and I way over-pack and we don't use half of it.

Beat ya. I have a six pack of individul Purells. A medium container in my purse. And two large pump bottles for refill.

We are outta here today. Pop Century here we come. Florida is in the middle of a mild drought again. Watch it pour like the dickens this week. (Our trips to WDW have been very good for drought relief.)

See you all Saturday, er...Sunday!

Carla

rcostello1
01-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Have fun at Pop Century! I will be at WDW on Friday.

Now I'm at work. I am doing my best to avoid it :)

gwtw428
01-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone! This is our 1st Disney Cruise! Can't wait....only sorry I didn't find this Cruise Meet page sooner! We are leaving New York on Friday......I've been totally packed for about a week! No joke. We have the late seating dinner and since my mom is a Disney castmember we have no idea what cabin we will have until we check in on Saturday.....hoping for the best.

I wish everyone a safe, healthy and MAGICAL vacation!

rcostello1
01-05-2004, 10:28 PM
OK I posted an update to my spreadsheet. The link is the same: http://members.aol.com/rcostello1/cruise2004/cruisedraft.pdf

Just keep in mind the spreadsheet is highlighting mostly adult things since we have no kids in my group. And since bingo and eating is the only real reason to cruise :crazy:, this helps coordinate all of that.

I remember last time being agitated because we had already booked brunch or tea and later found out some other activity was conflicting.

I used the August and November navigators to make the sheet and not much had changed as far as activities and/or their times. I added the drink of the day :) cause my people keep asking me about it. They are not referring to their cruise binder **grumble**

The dining rotation listed is LAPLAPL. If I don't get LAPLAPL I will die. I didn't really want that one, but since it seems that's what we get I've adjusted to it. So if I end up with PLAPLAP or APLAPLA I want to be prepared. Leave nothing to chance!

Except the excursions, still haven't booked those. Oh well, there is always next time. Might go again in May with some other folks.

Lastly, the "notes" at the top are mine...I forgot to hide them. I hid Friday so you don't have to look at my boring travel schedule.

Oh, and if something isn't right let me know, but I don't claim responsibility :) I can only go by the old navigators and what we all read here.

Enjoy!!

cadburysmom
01-05-2004, 10:30 PM
We leave on Friday and of course it's supposed to snow then...we haven't seen a bit of snow this season and wouldn't you know they're calling for snow on the day we fly out. We're not used to snow in NC so everything shuts down when the first few flakes begin to fall. Hopefully our flight won't be cancelled and we'll make it out in time. I've been looking forward to this cruise for so long and would hate to miss such a wonderfully "Magical" experience.

Cross your fingers and toes for me!

natiann
01-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the spreadsheet! I used the first one to help me decide when to go to Palo :) But note - The captains galla is on Sunday (formal) I talked with the dining coordinator today and she confirmed this. 30 hrs till I get on a plane:bounce :wave:

momnut
01-06-2004, 06:48 AM
:Pinkbounc We can hardley wait this is our first cruise ever. Disney Magic Eastern Jan. 10th. Can't wait to leave this -10 below weather in Wisconsin. We're visiting our daughter who works on the magic.....:wave:

rcostello1
01-06-2004, 08:17 AM
natiann, when you say captain's gala on sunday do you mean the menu? (rotation vs gala menu) so meaning the lobster would be sunday night and not thursday night? that would be an important change.

Both the 8/23 and 11/15 cruises have the gala dinner menu on Thursday (semi-formal) night. There is a Captain's Gala Reception (not dinner menu) on Sunday, formal night, before the show.

Can you clarify for me? I might have to change when I want Palo ressies. Oh all the choices! Too bad they don't tell you the menus in the highlights section on the first day navigator. That would be really helpful.

rcostello1
01-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh GACK! :)

I just saw that there are Dec 13 navigators posted. I will review those and see if there are any schedule changes. Maybe that will answer my dining question.

In between I need to get a little work done. Not a lot, just a little. Have to keep the hobbits busy while I'm gone...

steveandtonya
01-06-2004, 10:23 AM
We leave this afternoon. Driving from Oklahoma to Orlando. Stay with SIL family until Saturday and then all seven of us head for some Magic. There will be 3 kids between us a boy-4, another boy-7 and a girl-8. See you all down there.

Steve

rcostello1
01-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Have a safe drive to Florida. See you onboard!!

natiann
01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
rcostello - now I'm not sure! I noticed the reception on your spread sheet. I asked the coordinator if the capatins galla was on Sunday and she said yes and it was a formal night. I didn't want to miss it either so I went with Palo ressies on Monday.
I hope I get out tonight! We are having a major wind advisory and Seattle has a snow storm! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and very glad I am a few days ahead of cruise departure:hyper:

cadburysmom
01-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Luckily our weather is looking pretty good for our flight on Friday. What I thought was going to be a major snow storm(for NC that means at least an inch, haha) is only going to be a few flurries. Sure hope everyone else has good travel weather as well.

I was looking at Saturday's forecast and it looks like we may be in for a few clouds or maybe a shower. It rained as we left the port last year but that didn't dampen our spirits one bit. No sir, we were on the Disney Magic and were ready for fun!!!!......And what fun we had indeed!!!!

:boat:

gwtw428
01-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone! Only 1 day and 22 hours til we board our plane!!! YIPPEE!!! We can't wait!!!

See everyone on board!!!

CTDVCMBS
01-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi guys-
Just checking in...................... Son and daughter are packed- I am still ( over ) packing - yikes..........

RECORD COLD snap here in CT !

I am making all the girls at work SOOO jealous!

We fly out at 3pm tomorrow from Bradley airport in CT. Then we are doing 1 day at Universal and then the next off to the boat.

Had to add the extra day on the front side because we did not want to face the stress of flight delays and chance " missing the boat" ......................See you on deck 10!

CTDVCMBS
01-07-2004, 10:15 PM
by the way - my son ( 13) broke his finger playing basketball- we thought he would be in one of those tiny finger splints - but no0o0o0o0o0 he is in a 1/2 cast. specialist told us........... no swimming; snorkling; no parasailing - actually was kind of a jerk about being pretty unsympathetic when I told him we were going away....I mean I see football players playing in casts so I know there must be a way to provide my son with options and not totally restict him from EVERYTHING!!!!... I am an RN and I know if we thought out of the box a bit we could come up with something..Son is bummin... So I got him this large blue inflatable waterproof cast protector crazy looking thing to wear in the water at a surgical supply store and he WILL be swimming and snorkling if he doesn't feel too strange with it on ( it really does look weird )!! oh well *** sigh**** its always something!

cadburysmom
01-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Uh oh.......looks like they're calling for more snow than we thought on Friday.....hope this does not delay or even cancel our flight to Orlando....I'm getting nervous again.............:(

babsmv
01-08-2004, 04:29 AM
I know what you mean. I want it to snow next week while we are in the beautiful tropical weather. We just got about 8 inches of snow & it is bitter cold. We are flying out tomorrow night. I hope we get there! (We are in Rochester NY) Wouldn't mind if they cancelled school today, more time to pack!
Have a good trip down everyone!
Barb

rcostello1
01-08-2004, 07:48 AM
cadburysmom, hope you make it out ok. I don't think the snow will bother us too much. Doesn't seem like it will be much of an event here. At least to those of us who the snow doesn't freak out (DC area thing).

I had a continual horrible dream this morning...no Palo ressies, something wrong with clothes, something wrong with the room. I should never make smarta** comments...remember I said something about glueing on the verandahs for deck two...so I recall looking out the window at the bottom of the upper verandahs (not possibile in SOOO many ways). Weird dreams. Was glad to wake up!!

So I'm working (most of) today, then I'm off. Finished packing last night. Did quite well on clothes and bags and weight. We 2 have one rolling duffle each, one carry-on each, and one garment bag that is inside another rolling duffle. This way we have an empty bag for any purchases made. Makes coming home a lot easier...the junk in the carry-on can go in a suitcase and the carry-on can house anything important or liquid (or important liquids) that was purchased.

Verandah Man
01-10-2004, 10:46 AM
The Disney Magic at Port Canaveral on Saturday morning January 10, 2004. Have a MAGICal cruise!!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/552/62Magic_1-10-04_9-23amam-med.jpg

Verandah Man
01-10-2004, 05:07 PM
The Disney Magic sailing past the Two Palms cam on Saturday 1-10-04.
http://www.verandahman.com/Magic%20going%20past%20Two%20Palms%20on%201-10-04.jpg

abitjaded
01-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks Andy, Printed them off to add to our notebook. Man, was it cold when we sailed away and for the first couple of days. But it is a heck of a lot colder in Colorado. Sigh....

Carla

brack
01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks Andy for the photos.

I'll have a full report plus close to a thousand pictures from our two weeks on the Magic ... hopefully soon.

steveandtonya
01-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Brack, It was good to finally meet you and Annette. Hopefully we can get together sometime here in OK City. We got back Tues. about 4:30 pm after leaving Orlando on Monday afternoon around 5. Tiring trip but well worth it. Trying to get everything in order. This was the greatest trip of our lives. Can't wait to go back.

Steve

brack
01-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Steve & Tonya: we had a great time too and as you can see we have already set the clock for our next trip.

I put my film in the shop today so I'll have it back tomorrow. I'll send some out as soon as possible.

We will definitely meet up in OKC sometime.