PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter thread for those who have finished it. ***Beware Spoilers***

CruiserDew73
07-09-2003, 11:27 PM
So wut did u think? wut did u like? dislike?

I loved this book. I love how JKR hints on things, and then builds upon them in following books. I was really paranoid about the death! Everytime something happened to some one, i thought it would be them. I thought it was: Mr. Weasley, Hermione, Luna Dumbledore, Hagrid, McGonnagle (that would have been awful) and Sirius, lol. Here's some of my thoughts:

~My favorite part was probably when Prof. McGonnagle told Peeves how to unscrew the chandelier. I loved the way that she stood up to Umbridge, and insulted hre with the 'competent teacher' line. I thought that she had been killed and was soo sad.

~Umbridge was i GREAT villain. I hated her so much!! I could hardly stand it! All those decrees, banning harry, fred and george from Quiddich! Grrr.

~Fred and George were GREAT!They were so much fun to read about, and they lightened the story. I liked seeing that they had inteligent sides, and sirious sides (when Mr. Weasley was attacked)

~I was very dissapointed that i was not sad about Sirius's death. It just didn't make me sad like i kept thinking that "the death" would. I also found the final battle VERY confusing. I have to reread that...

~I seem to be the only one who feels this way, but I don't like Neville. He's just not an appealling character to me. I think he's annoying, and gets in the way, and although i know he's to become a bigger part, i would perfer he didn't.

~I REALLY liked Luna Lovegood. She's just such an interesting character. I felt SO bad for her at the end!! but she didn't even seem to care. I loved that about her.

~I think that there is an 'unknown story' about Aunt Petunia. I think that maybe she's a witch, but has never told anyone.

~I don't want Ron and Hermione to go out, but i think that JKR is hinting at it. That would really break up the friendship, of the THREE of them, and it just doesn't seem right.

~I was dissappointed that things didn't work out with Cho Chang. I liked her, but i guess that she really wasn't strong enough for him. I would really like to see Harry and Ginny get together.

~Somethings really seamed thrown in. I sure hope that JKR builds on the whole Grawp story, because that seemed REALLY pointles.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL BOOK 6!

SDAngel101
07-10-2003, 12:51 AM
I didn't like how there was soo much animosity through out the book. Harry or someone was always in a bad mood and there was alot of arguing. Prof. Umbridge was a great new character to add to the book, she reminds me alot of the superintedent of my school district with the adding of new rules and just being BEYOND annoying. I liked the idea of Harrying teaching the defense against the dark arts, and the way JKR hints that the reasons why Nevile is getting better because he COULD have been part of the prophecy. I wished Sirius wouldn't have been the one to die because that was like the last person connected to Harrys family (besides Aunt Petunia). I think that in the next book his Aunt is going to have some interesting things come up with her.

discruisegirl90
07-10-2003, 09:19 AM
I absolutly Loved the book. I read it in 5 days. I was thinking that it was going to be hermione that was going to get killed until the book said that siruis died. I also liked the part where Proffesor Mcgonnagle told peeves the right way to take the chandelier off. I
I thought that harry might have been just a little selfinsh in the begining. I would like to see harry and hermione get toghether. :cool:

MickeyMouse418
07-14-2003, 10:59 PM
i loved the book. i even loved how everything worked against harry cuz it just made me not want to put the book down, to make sure everything worked out ok. my favorite part also was when professor mcgonagall helped peeves with unscrewing the chandelier. i think that in this book jk rowling made her a much more likeable character. and also, umbridge was a perfect villain. i was so frustrated with her and i loved how all the teachers stood up to her and worked against her. all the decrees and kicking harry and the weaselys off of the quidditch team...urgh!!

~at first i was happy that cho was goin out with harry and then i just started to not like her. i mean guys arent always goin to kno the exact thing to say, and she was just being too much of a crybaby. i really hope that harry and hermione end up together...i think it was hinted at in this book and in the others too. hermione knows harry means well but just is so unsure of how to act. they would make such a cute couple!

~ i was sooo sad that sirius died!! hes not supposed to!! hes like the last link to harrys family, and hes been actin like harrys father! he is so important to harry, so its weird that he was the one to die. and the mirror that harry doesnt find till after...thats so ironic. i dont kno why but i think sirius is still alive for some reason.

~ i liked how neville was played out to be a better character, but i dont think hes the boy from the prophecy. and i loved how harry gave the defense against the dark arts lessons!!

~ and finally, i also want to kno whats up with aunt petunia...there is definitely more to her than is being told. i liked how she was played out be more likeable...she knew some stuff about the wizarding world and wasnt ashamed of it...i think theres more to her fear of wizards.

anyway i absolutely loved the book, i finished it in 5 days also! i had so many questions, and thankfully most of them were answered by the end of the book! i cant wait for book six either!!!!!!

minniegirl88
07-14-2003, 11:31 PM
I really enjoyed this book alot...

~I liked all the stories with 12 Grimmauld place. It was cool how the Order met there. I also liked learning more about Sirius's family and the way they were. Its cool how we met some really great new witches and wizards from the Order.

~I loved Luna Lovegood. She was a great additon to the book. She reminds me of a girl Neville at the end where people are mean to her. She is like a silent but very useful person.

~Fred and George became like my next favorite characters besides the trio. They were sooo cool when they finally went all out and left Hogwarts dignified. I thinks its awesome how they named their store Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes.

~ I read somewhere before I got the book that somebody dies. At first I was so mad because I thought it was Mr. Weasley. I love the Weasley family, they are so interesting (well except for Percy). When Sirius died I think I was in shock. Well I know that some people cried over it, and I was just in shock, I had no emotion. I think It was sooooooooo sad when Harry found the mirror at the end. It seems like every happy time ended awfully.

~ I didn't like Cho either, she got on my nerves. She was just using Harry because she missed Cedric.

~I liked the Occulemency lessons where Harry found out the truth about his dad. He now knows that nobody is perfect. Even though I felt bad for Harry, I think its good that he knows because it helps him not to put his dad on such a high pedastool. It also explains why Snape doesn't always care for Harry.

~Umbridge..........Omg!! I swear I just wanted to punch her in the face. I was kinda hoping that she would die in the forest. I know I sound evil, but I was upset that she didn't die.

~Finally when Dumbledore tells Harry the truth..........I heard this was gonna be a big moment, but I didn't think much of it. I mean the prophecy was a big part, but why Harry can feel Voldemort so powerfully has already unveiled itself in the previous books. I wasn't that happy with Dumbledore's speech. I hope he is still keeping something big a secret.

I talk on Harry Potter message boards at www.cosforums.com (http://www.cosforums.com)
and people were talking about Aunt Petunia there. I think she might be a squib. It seems like a possibility.

my username at cosforums= 4everweasley!!!!! I love the Weasleys!~

Roxter79
07-14-2003, 11:45 PM
I absolutly loved Neville and McGonagle! They were great! I'm gld Cho and Harry didn't totally hook up because I didn't think Cho was good enough for him. Hermoine is still with Viktor last I heard. I can't belice Ginny is dating Dean Thomas! WOW! that was a shocker. Harry and Ginny would be cute and you can tell Ron wants that.

Big Guy
07-16-2003, 01:59 PM
I loved them all. JKR realy knows how to write good books. In school I try writting good short stories but when you read it you can geat bored very easily.
I like how gripping her books are as well. I seriously could not put the books down. I read each one twice, and saw the two movies that came out. Personaly I think that the books were much better. The movies seemed to skip some parts. But know I'm trying to get my hands on the fith book, any one read it yet? :bounce:

PolynessianBaby
07-16-2003, 08:59 PM
I was impressed with this book and could hardly put it down!

~I really liked the howler at the beging of the book to Petunia! I wondered who she was in touch with in the wizarding world! And i too think there is a story behind all that!

~As for Umbridge all i wanted too do was reach out and punch her! She was a great villian!

~As of the relashionships on the book...i think that It should Be Hermione and Ron jkr has been hinting at it all through the series and Harry and Ginny we've knwn Ginny has like Harry from the start....I dont think that cho was as nice as i thought she would be I mean she was using harry the whole time and she always got mad!

~I am glad that Neville is going to be playing a bigger part! I think Neville is really cool he is really funny and you never know what is going to happen to him its great! I also thought that Luna was a cool Character She is really strange but yet funny i also think that she liked Ron and Harry she always talked to them and was weird when she was around them!

~I think Snape was different in this book....He was nice and mean all at the same time.....I do know that he doesnt like harry that much because James was so mean to him as a kid!

~I was glad to find out that lucious was put in Azkaban but i dont think he will be there long with the dementors gone! And im curious to figure out if Draco and Harry will become friends or if they will stay enimes?!

~ I really like the movies too....i think they are BRILLIANT!!!

~I cant wait for the 6th book to come out!! Or the 3rd movie!

~Does anyone have any idea when the 6th book comes out?!?!?!

MickeyMouse418
07-16-2003, 11:58 PM
the 6th probably wont come out for awhile. and everyones been saying that jkr has been hinting at ron and hermione...i havent noticed it! what sort of hints have u noticed? my sister and i think its going to be harry and hermione, which is what im hopin for.

discruisegirl90
07-17-2003, 04:42 PM
I agree with you MickeyMouse418. I haven't seen any hints, of ron and hermione getting together. I hope the same thing you do, I wish Harry and Hermione would get together. They are perfect for each other and they would be such a cute couple. :D :Pinkbounc :bounce:

ukeeyorelover
07-18-2003, 06:36 AM
If Harry and Hermione got together, the books and films would be miles better:bounce: :bounce:

Big Guy
07-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey, I heard that the actor who plays Prof. Dumbledore died,
anyone know whose going to take his place?
:bounce:

PigSoldier
07-19-2003, 05:51 AM
Michael Gambon's going to be Dumbledore. He was in Gosford Park, Sleepy Hollow and Charlotte Gray.

I wasn't too thrilled with the last book, it didn't seem to have much plot, just a series of events leading up to the next books in the series.

Mind you, I didn't think too much of the last books either, so it's hardly suprising I didn't like this one :rolleyes:

discruisegirl90
07-19-2003, 11:23 AM
I really liked the books. I just thought that harry seemed to have a really bad attitude or he was always mad. I am glad he doesn't like Cho anymore. :smooth: