PDA

View Full Version : How few points to bank?

WolfpackFan
07-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Is there any minimum points that you might not go thru the trouble of banking? For example next year we will be using 140 of our 150 points, banking 10 points. I figure 10 points is worth the phone call, but what if it was just a couple of points. At what point would you not go to the trouble of calling to bank but would just loose the points? Also, I wonder how often folks within DVC do loose points thru non-use. Just curious.

MdmMim
07-07-2003, 06:48 AM
I'll call to bank even one point, which may make the difference in adding another night's stay during the following year. For me, even a single point is precious! ;)

JimC
07-07-2003, 06:57 AM
I'll bank one point and do it when I make my reservation, so its all one phone call.

I thought there was a poll on this a while back and the results indicated that a few members forfeit points, but most of them said it was a one-time mistake.

Granny
07-07-2003, 07:53 AM
It's a toll free call...and that's the kind of thing that you can do on a midweek afternoon when MS is not so busy. I'd bank one point if it came to that....I paid the dues on it, didn't I? And 10 points could make a difference on a future trip.

Laurabearz
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
I would call to bank 1 point, but like Jim said, most often I will bank the lonely point or two when making the ressie.

smiley
07-07-2003, 10:52 AM
We actually have one point we are not going to use this year and will be banking all of our points next year for a vacation we're planning for summer of 2005. Bottom line is that we will be losing this one point. I hate the idea of not using it, but I really don't think anyone would want to rent one point. Heck I'd give the point away if somebody wanted it!

We've been members since 1993 and have never lost any points, so if it happens this time, oh well.

Epcot Mom
07-07-2003, 12:06 PM
If you're looking to move it around, we'll take it! We're scraping together points as we have decided we love the one bedrooms and are not going to be able to move back to a studio! I think we'll be adding on but in the meantime, I'll be the charity case if anyone wants to give up their points!! :):)