PDA

View Full Version : VWL studio/Best Room Request

even1
07-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Hi all! We are staying in a studio at VWL in August and would appreciate some suggestions on views/location. Has anyone had a really great studio? Thanks for your help!

ramkam
07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
We just returned from six nights in a VWL studio. We were very happy with our room. The room was #5521. The room was a non smoking lock off. The room was about 30 feet from the elevators. The balcony was enclosed. Some don't like this. However, with small children it suited us just fine. This was also one of the few rooms with vaulted ceilings. This really helps make the studio room feel larger. However, the roof line dips low on each side of the room and my DW kept bumping her head. Our view was of the woods, Whispering Springs Pool and the lake. We could even see some of the fire works from the Magic Kingdom which went higher than the roof line of the Wilderness Lodge. We would take this room again in a second.

I faxed our requests concerning view etc. to the Lodge two days ahead of time. Although I do not know what, if any, affect this had on our room assignment.

We also highly recommend signing up for the family plan for boat and bike rental.

Hope this helps.

Rich

even1
07-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Rich, Thanks so much for all the info. We will be doing the boat & bike plan! It's just too good to pass up since we will be in WDW for 3 weeks!!! My whole family has worked and saved to pull this off and now it's almost time to go..... we're so excited!
Your room sounds great but the guys are well over 6 ft. so the ceiling would be a problem. Did you notice the balcony next door? We prefer it were not enclosed but the 5th floor view must be awesome and it would be great to be close to the elevator. Hope your vacation was great in every way. Bet your already looking forward to the next one! Thanks again. Eileen :)

spiceycat
07-07-2003, 10:49 AM
get a studio close to the elevators on the lake and pool side - the bad views are on the other side.

colleen costello
07-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi! We are just back from a nice trip with 4 nights at the VWL... We were on "The bad side" in #2542 and we loved it! I had also hoped for a room on the "back" side of the Lodge toward the pool or woods but the view toward "front" was fine. Woods, grass, and a path which I believe led CM's to the dreaded "dumpster area."

I was impressed with the Lodge. Our room was spotless and lovely. Not too far from the elevators. In general, the higher the number of the room, the further down you are. Elevators are kind of in the center. Any room above 55 or so and you might see that dumpster. The rooms in the teens are closest to the Lodge lobby. Twenties and thirties are close to elevators and it goes up from there. Really, the whole place is lovely.

spiceycat
07-07-2003, 04:08 PM
I have 1516 once this is the room right around the corner behind the elevators - I liked it - first floor - very easy excess to the buses and WL - and it had 2 closets...

You see people going and coming - this did not bother me - but it might bother someone who wants a more private view.

my other studio stays have not had 2 closets - besides the ulitities place stay and I don't think anyone wants that view.

even1
07-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Does anyone know what studios have "enclosed" balconies? We'd like to avoid that if possible.:p

spiceycat
07-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I think these are all on the fifth floor.

lsutigger2
07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
In May 03, we stayed in the studio next to spiceycat - 1514 and we loved it. It was what I've called a dedicated studio - no door connecting to another room, two closets - very large, very near the elevator and lobby - elevator not an issue, didn't need it!, short walk to the end of the hall and out the door to the quiet pool and /or walk to the boat, short walk to the bus stop. It was really great. I sat outside a couple of times on the patio and enjoyed watching families come and go. When we were there it was really quiet. They trimmed the ferns and other vegetation one morning - much to my surprise as I opened the curtain, after dressing! and made it really nice. Great room. I would recommend it if you think it will meet your needs. Also, it was a non-disabled room.