PDA

View Full Version : Please speculate for me - How easy do you think it will be to find a VWL owner who

CarolMN
07-06-2003, 04:35 PM
would be willing to trade reservations for BWV?

My DH & I plan to visit WDW the week after Thanksgiving in 2004 and would like to have my DB and family join us. Since my DB has 2 young boys, I'd like to stay at the VWL that trip. They'd both get a big charge out of taking a boat to the MK!

I know early December is a tough time to get in the VWL and am not one who has the patience to use a waitlist (too much stress to coordinate airfare). So I'm thinking it might be best to find a VWL owner to make a reservation for us. I'd of course make one at BWV for him/her (standard view if that is what is wanted and the VWL owner can provide 11 months lead time).

My question - how likely is it that a VWL would want to do something like that? Just looking for opinions/guesses.

Thanks!

floridafam
07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't think it would be that hard.

We own at VWL.

I don't know what our plans are for next year but it's possible we may want to go to BWV.

We will be going to Panama City Beach next November and I don't know if we are going to try and use pts there or possibly go to WDW after PCB.

I'm sure you will find a few people willing to make a trade.

We'll keep you posted.

CarolMN
07-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the response. I'll probably post on the Rent/Trade board in October or November if my DB & SIL think the VWL is a good idea. Kind of hope they do -

Thanks again.

zulaya
07-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Carol-- I hope you have good luck! Keep us posted on how it turns out.

spiceycat
07-07-2003, 10:10 AM
floridafam you could probably sell your DVC points and rent a place for under $1,000 (probably under $600) - this is the off season for the Panhandle - and unless you have your heart set on the new Marriott (not on the gulf) - you probably can get a great deal renting.

Carol - I don't think you will have a problem - just post on the trade/rent - there are probably lots of VWL that would like to try BWV for the holidays or some other time.

floridafam
07-07-2003, 10:39 AM
spiceycat,

We're just starting to think of what to do. The only place I will stay in PCB is the Hampton Inn that's not on the beach or the new Marriott Vacation Club resort. We learned our lesson when we tried to check into the Edgewater Beach Resort in May. YUCK!!

We can't wait to go back. It's a beautiful city.

dianeschlicht
07-07-2003, 10:58 AM
floridafam you could probably sell your DVC points and rent a place for under $1,000 (probably under $600) - this is the off season for the Panhandle - and unless you have your heart set on the new Marriott (not on the gulf) - you probably can get a great deal renting.
Seems to me like selling your DVC would be a drastic thing to do for just one vacation! I would try renting out points first. You probably wont get all the money you need for the Marriott, but it would help.

spiceycat
07-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Diana you are so right - I though renting and typed selling....:o

dianeschlicht
07-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Okey, now it makes sense!