PDA

View Full Version : Vero dining options

BWVDenise
07-06-2003, 04:04 PM
I was wondering what restaurants are located nearby that are family-friendly (i.e. Cracker Barrell, mexican, etc.) The menus for Shutters/Sonyas don't look like they would appeal to my family. Would we have to drive very far to find a variety of dining options?

Also, I thought I read that the pool grill has short hours. Anyone know what they are?

Laurajean1014
07-06-2003, 05:58 PM
There are some good restaurants in Vero. When you get to VB they will have a book of restaurants and menus for viewing. I believe they have a Pizza Hut, Perkins and maybe an IHOP. However, we have never eaten at those places.

Here is a few numbers I have from previous trips. Monte's in a specialty Italian place. Moderate in price, no kids menu but very professional and will cater to child or specific needs.

I also included DVB phone number in case you have any questions for them. Don't forget, VB has a great restaurant there (not the fancy one). Can't remember the name, but it is very good, kid friendly, and have great fish and steaks.

Good luck.

Outback Steak House

Work: (561) 567-5222

1475 US Highway 1
Vero Beach, FL 32960

Monte's Italian Restaurant

Work: (561) 231-6612

1517 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963

Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Work: (561) 234-2000

9250 Island Grove Terrace
Vero Beach, FL 32963

mbhoxsie
07-06-2003, 06:38 PM
There are loads of fast food restaurents, but lots of different sit down restaurents in Vero Beach, Sebastian, and Indian River county..

I have yet to eat at Captain Hiram's, but I hear it is pretty good.

Also, call ahead to the front desk.. They have a three ring binder with tons of menus and different restaurents in the area.

BillPA
07-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Someone posted this a while back. Lists lots of places to eat in the area.

http://www.metatiki.com/index.cfm?method=cities_businessListings_businessl isting&methods=Listings&BusinessType=Food%2FDining&city=VeroBeachFL

CaptainMidnight
07-06-2003, 07:34 PM
I heard they were building a Bob Evans in Vero. This sounded great to us, because we like to get their take out family meals, and heat them up later. This would be perfect for the Beach kitchen, low effort, excellent food value for the dollar. Cracker Barrel may offer the same. We're partial to Bob's place.

floridafam
07-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Just an FYI,

The area code for VB is 772 instead of 561.

They both worked for a time but I don't know if they have fully made the switch to just 772.

:D

CarolMN
07-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
I heard they were building a Bob Evans in Vero. This sounded great to us, because we like to get their take out family meals, and heat them up later. This would be perfect for the Beach kitchen, low effort, excellent food value for the dollar. Cracker Barrel may offer the same. We're partial to Bob's place.

We ate at a Bob Evans in November, 2001. It was near a fairly large shopping mall in the town of Vero Beach. Found it by accident and it was about a 15-20 minute drive from the resort.

ncligs
07-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by CarolMN
We ate at a Bob Evans in November, 2001. It was near a fairly large shopping mall in the town of Vero Beach. Found it by accident and it was about a 15-20 minute drive from the resort.

The Bob Evans is right in front of the Indian River Mall. (From A1A go 510 west to 613 south- to 60 west)

Margie J
07-07-2003, 12:24 AM
All along Rt. 1 are a bunch of the typical fast food places and family style restaurants.

From the Resort, take a right to the light. Left onto 510, cross the bridge, to the intersection of Rt. 1. Then either a left or right, your pick.

Also, I thought I read that the pool grill has short hours. Anyone know what they are?

Bleachers is open: 8-11am for breakfast, 11am- 5pm for full grill/drink menu and 5-10pm for pizza to go and ice cream.

vernon
07-07-2003, 04:41 AM
There is a great Mexican near to the resort called Hirmana's. Directions are to make your way to US1 from the resort and head north about 2 miles. The restaurant is on the left ( you need to go past the restaurant, make a U turn as you can only turn into the restaurant carpark from US1 heading south. I believe they are closed Sundays (maybe Mondays) but the contact details are in the restaurant book in the Vero Beach lobby. Very good authentic Mexican food, nice atmosphere, killer margaritas, and usually a pretty long "happy hour" LOL. They have always been very accommodating with our kids and seem to be a nice, family run restaurant.

Melrosgirl
07-07-2003, 02:01 PM
I recommend Italian Grille about 20 minutes from the resort. It was excellent, casual. I will return there again. :)