PDA

View Full Version : Who's been no where else?

mitros
07-05-2003, 10:06 PM
:confused: I was wondering, how many DVC members have been no where else except WDW since they joined? We have been members since feb 1992, and have not been anywhere but WDW, not even VB, and we live in Florida! :eek: :p :cool:

MarylandPizzaman
07-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Have you tried the cruise?
Don't forget you still have 40 years to venture elsewheres!

mitros
07-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes. In fact the cruise will probably be the first trip we do off of WDW property. My only problem with that is, that folks tell us when you go on any cruise, you tend to eat an awful lot. I wonder if there is enough to do on a disney cruise to keep one's mind off of food? I guess you can't walk it off as easily as when you walk around the theme parks. :smooth:

Lisa F
07-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Is that nowhere else ever, or nowhere else with your DVC points? We go on trips to other places, but we don't use our points especially now with great travel deals that are out there. Our points are for Disney and I can't even imagine using them at places like HH or vero (I would be bored after an hour at the beach and my mother is a member of Interval and there are always cheap getaways for other resorts at HH if we want to try it out). Though I'm sure that HHI is a perfectly lovely resort, without the parks I just personally don't see a reason to pay for a disney premium (over spending $300 on a weeklong getaway).

Lisa

WDWguruDH
07-06-2003, 10:15 AM
We have stayed at all the DVCs onsite. We have not even stayed with DVC offsite, yet alone non-DVC. That is about to change though, we are using points for an Alaskan cruise this summer. Other than the safari, we really don't have much desire to stay outside of WDW DVCs - with 39 years that may change ;)

NJmouse
07-06-2003, 10:26 AM
We have only stayed at our home resort (BWV) since we joined in '99. Can't seem to want to go anywhere else even any other DVC resorts at WDW. OKW is not for us we like to be able to walk to Epcot or the Studios. BCV only one point value same as perferred at BWV. We like to use standard points. Wilderness Lodge seems to be a little dreary, the halls seem dark to us. So it seems the BWV is the place for us. "HOME, SWEET, HOME"

chrissyk
07-06-2003, 10:53 AM
We've only been on trips to Disney since we joined DVC, but we only became members in Jan. 2003 so I don't know if that counts:p We've travelled to lots of other places, but I just think that Disney is the best vacation hands down!

SimbaNoodle
07-06-2003, 11:04 AM
We joined in 2001 at VWL and still have never stayed there. But have stayed at OKW three times. We just fell in love with OKW. I do hope to make it to VWL someday though.:p

mbhoxsie
07-06-2003, 11:18 AM
Woo! Disney marketing at its best.. ;) The goal of DVC... "To keep everyone coming back year after year after year..:

We joined in '99, and for the most part only stay at our two home resorts.. BWV and VB...

We've done cruises on both the Magic and the Wonder, but that was before we were members.. We've also stayed several times at the All Stars' Sports & Music, and the Corando Springs before we became members.

The Summer of 2004 will be our first attempt to use our points via Interval to go out west to Montana near Yellowstone. (I put a search in via MS for the Big Sky Resort, and am still waiting for it to come through..)

Our only other vacations tend to be on Mackinac Island, where I have family that lends us a place to stay.

DebbieB
07-06-2003, 11:24 AM
I joined almost 4 years ago at BWV and have never used points outside of WDW. 4 stays at OKW and 3 stays at BWV. I've been other places on vacation since then, but not with points.

tinkgrl
07-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I have gone on two Disney Wonder cruises. And you don't just eat!!!! You do quite a bit of walking as well. 11 flloors & although there are elvators the decks are long. The is of course excellent food, entertainment for the entire family. stuff struictly for adults (a SPA/fitness center, an adult only pool, a dance party every night just for you. An adult only restraunt (Palo's) (Yummy & quiet). And plenty more!! Hope this helps!

Allison BCV 6/03

geffric
07-06-2003, 12:22 PM
We have been members since '03 and not used our points anywhere else. We have stayed at OKW for 2 weeks every year since. For our 2 Disney Cruises we paid cash. DH figured it our that is was cheaper to do that then pay points. However, I booked the cruises over 1 year ahead and had early booking discounts and other discounts too. As far as eating too much... DH and DS's would go immediaitely from the regular breakfast to Topsiders to get the donut breakfast " snack". I went to work out.
While they grazed at the hamburgers and ice cream by the pool all day, I waited to get the " real food" at the sit down meals.
Also, you do a lot of walking to get from one place to the next, plus the stairs.
So , yes the food is good but with a little of self control, you don't have to gain a ton of weight.

Hmm...

mitros
07-06-2003, 07:24 PM
With DVC points. :D