PDA

View Full Version : member cruise 2004???

disneymon
07-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of a member cruise for 2004??Maybe interested if points are in line. Love the idea of going to cc twice during the cruise.

tinksmom
07-05-2003, 03:42 PM
We're looking at joining DVC and are planning on using points for our 2004 cruise. Would love info on a member's cruise. What's this about visiting CC twice?

Thanks,
Tenya

ncligs
07-05-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by tinksmom
Would love info on a member's cruise. What's this about visiting CC twice?

This past DVC members cruise spent 2 days at CC. I asked my guide about the next members cruise on wednesday(7-2) and he said he hasn't heard of any dates yet. But it would remain a 4 day cruise,when they do it again.

DeeP
07-05-2003, 05:51 PM
I asked my guide about the next members cruise on wednesday(7-2) and he said he hasn't heard of any dates yet. But it would remain a 4 day cruise,when they do it again.
You have to love Disney and the way information varies from CM to CM.........I was told by a DVC CM that the members cruise for 2004 was going to be a 7 day cruise!!!!! This was about 3 weeks ago. :confused:

Lizardbeth61
07-05-2003, 08:05 PM
. . . have any of you been on it? What was it like? We're curious about whether to try and book it for 2004. We've been on the Disney Cruise 3 times (2X the 4-day and 1X the 7 night western) and have loved it. Actually our kids loved it the most.

I'm really eager to hear what anyone thought. Or should I be posting a different thread for this question. Don't want to get us off the subject of this thread! Thanks.

CarolAnnC
07-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Crissup and I were on the member cruise this past February and had a marvelous time! I even picked up an additional 100 Beach Club Villa points while on the cruise! :)

The extra visit to Castaway Cay was a big plus and DVC went all out with special seminars, parties, meetings, etc. on board. Crissup and I also renewed our Disney Collector Society memberships on board and received the member sculpture of Jiminy Cricket right there on the ship.

We were also chosen to attend a reception in the Walt Disney Category 1 Suite on board the ship. This was a fabulous opportunity to view a suite that I will probably never be able to cruise in, lol. There was even a baby grand piano in there!

No announcement has been made for another DVC Member Cruise, but seeing how successful this one was, I would be very surprised if they did not do it again. The question is when will it be?

Crissup
07-05-2003, 08:24 PM
I've asked several DVC cast members and the only thing that is for certain is that, because the first one was such a *huge* success, there will be another one at some point. However, no one seems to know of any solid info at this point. Most of what you hear at this point is speculation and rumor.

Remember that just because you hear it from a CM doesn't mean it's true. A few years back, the boat captains were explaining how the Swan and Dolphin were designed to have the black squares slid out so the monorail could run through it. It was total BS, but because people were hearing it from a Disney cast member, they *knew* it was factual. :rolleyes: I'm sure the original architect of the Swan and Dolphin (name escapes me at the moment) would be extremely interested in how they would pull that one off. :p ;)

WDWLVR
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
We were on the DVC Member Cruise as well (click on the link below to find out more) and had a great time. Hi Crissup & Carol!

When on our 7 day Western this past May we talked to a few DVC CM's and word was that it was a big success, there most likely will be another sometime in 2004, 7 day has been talked about but nothing definate that they knew of.

I agree with Crissup - don't believe everything you hear because CM's are often deep in rumors as well and don't know any more than the rest of us. I'm sure when it is announced that this forum will be jumping like it was last time. :)