PDA

View Full Version : best cond/house rentals

funnyhunny
07-05-2003, 10:38 AM
We'll be at WDW in 11/03 and were interested in condo or house rental, preferably at least a 3/2. Any suggestions for how to get a nive clean property at a reasonable rate?

FLeisure
07-05-2003, 11:00 AM
There are several good vacation home companies out there. Really it's a process of elimination until you get what you want at a price you can afford.

One or two companies actually show you the home you are going to book in both picture and video format if you check their web sites.

sln88
07-05-2003, 02:13 PM
you can get a 2 bedroom for about $250 for a week. I think they have a few 3 bedrooms, but mostly 2 bedrooms.

FLeisure
07-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Are you referring to condo's or homes ? I'm assuming condo's as anyone doing a home at those rates isn't going to be in business very long !What's the location?

sln88
07-05-2003, 02:55 PM
and there are various locations. Orange Lake is popular- my rental for this fall is at Orbit One. It may not be fancy, but I don't need that and the price is right.
I hope they stay in business for a long time! I love them.

travel with kids
07-11-2003, 09:55 AM
when we travel with another family, we always rent a house. We have used Mango Villa http://www.mangovilla.co.uk/. at the bottom of the web site is the link to the houses. Even though they are in the UK. The process was easy. They use a local management team to oversee the poperties. We found them very helpful and the houses were always very clean.

But, before you rent with anyone--you should always check with the Better Business Bureau http://www.orlando.bbb.org/. We have stayed at both the houses and Mango Key Condo and would stay there again, however, we would also check with the BBB incase management has changed.

Good luck and hope this is of use.

twk

momof2inPA
07-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Check hotelkingdom.com or wholesale-travel.com. The first has good rates on Wyndham Palms 2BR and Cypress Pointe Grand Villa 2, 3BR. The second has good rates on Wyndham Palms 3Br. Both of these condo properties have gotten pretty good reviews lately, and they are both pretty new.

horseshowmom
07-14-2003, 10:20 AM
******************* has some very nice properties, and he's been around for a long time (which is a good sign).

Be sure to read the post about Families First. I'd be sure to mark them off my list.

Another good choice in www.vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner). There are some wonderful properties at excellent prices on that site.

BUT I feel the need to add a disclaimer here. I recently booked a home in San Antonio through this site at the last minute. It was a beautiful 2 story 5 BR, 3 1/2 bath renovated ranch house on 30 acres of land.

We loved it until we got ready for bed that first night and a scorpion came under our bedroom door. My DH and the other family's DH killed it. We decided it must have gotten in while we left the doors open to bring in all of the luggage.

The next night we found two more just at bedtime. We decided to leave at that point. We called the lady who managed it, and she came over. She was very nice and returned our checks (while keeping the deposit), but we wound up paying way too much for hotel rooms, because we had to find something in the middle of the night.

My main point here would be that since I booked at the last minute, they didn't ask for the $500 deposit (I only paid $100). This lady was very nice and not a problem to deal with, but it did occur to me that the situation could have turned out much worse, and I could have lost more than $100.

While I may use VRBO again, I'll only use someone who takes credit cards, so I have the ability to file a complaint with my CC company if there's a problem.