PDA

View Full Version : Question for Point Renters

Dancind
07-04-2003, 06:07 PM
We've booked the Dec. 2004 10 day cruise for cash, and I'm hoping to rent the points we would have used to cruise next year to pay for most of it. So a question for those of you who have successfully rented out a large quantity of points, how did you do it? There seem to be a lot of renters right now on the Rent/Trade board, and the folks wanting to rent are looking for weeks that can't be booked outright without a waiting list. In other words, in the next few months. I have thought about trying to book weeks next year, then offering the weeks on the boards 3-4 months out. My points aren't really "distress" points though, at least not right now. Any tips?

luckytso
07-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Diana,

I think the easiest way for you is to transfer them to another member so that you don't have to worry about availability at the resorts and you can have large quantity of points transfered.

I had someone transfering her points in her upcoming use year to me, even though Member Services's official answer is that you can only transfer current year's points.

Good luck and have fun with your cruise.:p

Dancind
07-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks. I guess I should mention that I'm willing to do that when I post these next time. The once per year transfer applies to each contract, right? Or is it per member? I have two membership numbers and three contracts. Well, one is an add-on. Diana

momsully
07-05-2003, 02:14 PM
I just had a member transfer all her points to me. These were her March 2004 points that were transferred into my February 2004 use year. It was easy for the renter as I have already paid her and we made a three way call with MS to complete the transfer. I was able to make reservations with the points the next day.

Connears
07-05-2003, 03:55 PM
I rented 131 points to another DVC member and we were just going to transfer the points , but some of my points were borrowed and MS WILL NOT let you transfer those. I just changed the dates to the ones the DVC member wanted...as if it was a non-dvc person. We had no problems at all and MS was very helpful and put the name of the dvc member on the confirmation along with mine and my address and then I forwarded it to the renters after I recieved the payment. Very easy to do and it was our first time renting to someone. We are using the money to stay at Swan for New Year's trip with very good teacher's rate on club level.

Connears

luckytso
07-05-2003, 10:45 PM
You can tranfer as many times as you want. However, in each membership, you can only transfer one way in that year. So if you transfered out points even just once, you are not allowed to have any points transfered in during that year. Since you have 2 memberships, you can always use the other membership to transfer in points if you ever want someone else's points. Good luck!!!