PDA

View Full Version : Any type of meal plan available?

MrsM
07-04-2003, 02:19 PM
DH was talking to someone who recently stayed at WDW as part of a package that included the magical wishes. This guy told him what a great deal it was since they used them for all these wonderful dinners. DH wants to know if there's any type of meal plan DVC members can purchase during their stays.

I've never heard of such a thing, but I figured if it exists, someone here would know about it!

CarolMN
07-04-2003, 02:29 PM
No. sorry. There are no add-on meal plans available to those who stay on points.

IMHO, the main advantage to add-on plans is that they are pre-paid. When you have such a plan, many times you end up eating way more than you want/need/should and spend more time eating than you planned. Those plans that I have checked out in the past always seemed to cost more than just paying as you go. (That may not be true, now though, as I haven't checked into any of them since we bought DVC).

The good news is that you can still eat at all those same great places as did your DH's acquaintance. Just pay as you go. Send some extra $$ in to your credit card company if you want to have some of them "pre-paid" or stock up on Disney Dollars. Anything "leftover" at the end of your trip is yours to spend on something else!