PDA

View Full Version : What if you have points at 2 resorts ???

TwingleMum
07-04-2003, 07:14 AM
If you own say 120 pts at BCV and 120 pts at OKW which is your home resort??

eva
07-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Both! We own at OKW and Vero. They are both our home resorts.

CarolMN
07-04-2003, 01:26 PM
As eva says, the answer is both. But there's a catch - isn't there always, LOL?

At 11 months prior to your desired check out date, you have 120 points worth of "home resort booking advantage" at both resorts. You do not have 240 points of home resort booking advantage at one of the two.

Let's say you want to stay at BCV and the desired reservation requires 200 points. Prior to 7 months ahead of check out, you'd have to borrow 80 points from your next BCV use year to complete your BCV reservation. You cannot use the OKW points at BCV until the 7 month window opens. As an alternative, if there is still availability at BCV for your dates when the 7 month window opens, you could use use the OKW points to complete your reservation.

HTH.

CaptainMidnight
07-04-2003, 01:36 PM
We own at two resorts. In order to understand the advantage you need to know that you can bank and borrow each home resort's points independantly. So you could bank one resort's 120 points, use the current year and borrow the following year's points for the advantage of 360 points for one resort at the 11 month window for one resort. Then alternate and do the same with the second resort for the next vacation as long as your working within the appropriate banking and borrowing windows for each of the two contracts. For us, that allows us to have an offsite resort and an onsite WDW resort 11 month advantage if we plan accordingly, although we end up splitting up most of our vacations with WDW and beach time. Hope that helps and it's not too redundant from the informative posts above. You'll probably end up having to have at least 150 points at one resort and the rest as an add-on at another resort. 120/120 split would be an unusual split that you'd need to find the right resales to work out. Several people have multiple contracts so that they can take advantage of the 11 month window through independantly banking and borrowing the multiple home resort contracts.

Good luck.

dvc_john
07-04-2003, 04:42 PM
I agree with the above. I have points at all 6 resorts, but I rarely use any points for any resort other than it's 'home' resort. With banking and borrowing, I always have enough points for each resort to take advantage of the 11 month window at each resort.

TwingleMum
07-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks for all the great replies. I knew the experts on Dis could help me out. I was just using 120 pts as an example. I wish I could afford to buy at each resort. Maybe if I hit the lottery.