PDA

View Full Version : Hoping the Second Try will Work

ryoung
07-03-2003, 10:09 PM
After having Disney exercise its ROFR on 100 points at VWL, I have just purchased 125 points at OKW. Here's hoping it doesn't happen twice.

Randy

JimC
07-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Hang in there! It costs you nothing to keep making offers. Eventually you will snag one.

ArnyVee
07-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Good luck!

I'm still waitin' for mine to get confirmation of gettin' past ROFR since June 12th! So, you gotta have patience when it comes to this process.

But again, good luck with this one!

What are the specifics on the contract? Price per point, use year, banked points, etc.....if you don't mind sharing :p

ellynsoh
07-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Best of luck, Randy! I am also waiting for news on our second try!

klcason
07-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Best of luck Randy!! We are still waiting also. Our sales person said our papers were submitted to Disney on the 19th of June. We are still waiting. Not patiently!!

Kayla

ryoung
07-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Arny Vee:

It was at $71 per point, with a use year of Dec. It all 125 points for 2003 and for 2004. I am paying the dues for this year and the closing costs of $400.

The agent thought this was at the top of the edge of where Disney is exercising

Randy

ArnyVee
07-04-2003, 09:44 AM
I think that you definitely have a good chance to land this one. I just saw one go through at $68/point somehow. But, I didn't want to chance it and I went for $75/point (only 75 point contract, so didn't hurt that much. I wanted to make sure that it would get through the ROFR.

BillPA
07-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Randy, Are you currently a member and just adding on, or is this the first purchase? Just wondering if DVC is buying back smaller point contracts for first timers, those that the purchase would not meet the normal minimum buy in of 150 points.

Good luck either way, DVC is a great deal for those of us that LOVE WDW.

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

ryoung
07-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Bill:

Good question. I am a first timers. Disney may be targeting us to keep their sales up. I don't need 150 points (100 points is stretching it). I just can't get away that much. For me, its resale or nothing.

Randy

BillPA
07-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Randy, DVC might be trying limit 1st time buyer to 150 points. But I have seen others here get less than 150 via resale as new owners. Hang in there, it might work out. If not, you could buy in at 150, and there is ALWAYS someone willing to rent the "extra" points. You will be surprised how "lost relatives" will show up when they know you have DVC points!!! LOL

And later on, you will regret not buying more points, no matter how many you start with. I have added on 3 times and looking for more.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. DVC has been great for us.

5infam
07-04-2003, 12:28 PM
I am also waiting on my first DVC purchase (was submitted last Friday). I bid higher as well (and paid all fees and costs) to ensure that the ROFR wouldn't get me either. I was also concerned that the ROFR was targeting those new to DVC, but when I asked all of the resale agents, they all felt that this probably wasn't the case. What several of them did say, was that the ROFR seemed to be targeting anything at VWL irregardless of price. Randy, this may be the reason that the ROFR got you the first time.

Good luck to all here with our battle against ROFR. Hopefully we will all be DVCers (and/or adding on) very soon!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

jimmytammy
07-05-2003, 07:52 AM
We bought direct through DVC ( we didnt know about these boards or about resales at the time ) so all of these situations about ROFR and resales are new to us.

Throwing Pixie Dust and Best Wishes to all of you on your resales with hopes that everybody gets what their looking for:)

tinksmom
07-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Throwing pixie dust your way. Reserving some for our own first try. I just filled out the online application for a loan from TAMMAC Financial today, so I'm fastly using up our alotment of pixie dust.

Good luck,
Tenya

ryoung
07-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Tenya:

Thanks for sharing your Pixie dust. Good luck to you, too.

Randy