PDA

View Full Version : IS this idea possible??

KarenB
07-03-2003, 08:18 PM
DH and I have been talking and pondering about our next DVC vacation. We usually go the beginning of June, but it seems as though the vacation is done and over with before the summer even begins. For next year, we have been thinking about going to WDW over the 4th of July.

The plan is:
Saturday-Wednesday-BWV-Studio, standard view (July 4th)
Wednesday-Saturday-VB-one bedroom
Saturday-cash on site (I'll shop around for a good price at DxL, WL, or AKL)

We can book VB at 11 months, but BWV will be 7 months.

The big question is, how hard will it be to get BWV????? We know we may have to make a second choice in our plan at WDW. Will be be able to book something at one of the four DVC resorts over the 4th of July????

Thanks!
Karen

Dean
07-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Your chances of a standard view unit are very slim. Better plan for preferred view points or OKW.

msdis
07-03-2003, 08:58 PM
I agree with Dean, BWV SV will be hard. Will you be too short of points? You can always book something and then waitlist.

KarenB
07-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info Dean.

msdis.....If we could not get a standard view/studio at BWV, we would have to borrow 1 point for a studio elsewhere..no big deal. We just thought about a standard view more because of not being in the room much instead of the extra points. As you said, if we wanted that standard view bad enough, we could make a ressie then waitlist.

We were just tossing around ideas.......also, wondering about the crowds. We have been to WDW in the summer and the days up to Christmas (checked out on Christmas Day). Is the 4th of July comparable to these days?

Karen