PDA

View Full Version : As Much as I LOVE Mickey Mouse,I was kind of insulted.......

anniet
07-03-2003, 06:37 PM
I asked a coworker who is a notary if she would notarize my papers for my add-on at VWL. She has friends who own at BWV, and they recently went down and her DH is interested in buying there. After she notarized the papers, we were discussing DVC, when she said "I don't think I'd buy at VWL even if it was available....It's too Mickey Mouse!":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would you have been insulted?:confused:

Regina
07-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Nah, I would chalk it up to jealousy.

BTW, why did you have to get your papers notarized? Was it a resale? We've only bought direct from Disney and we never had to do that.

anniet
07-03-2003, 06:58 PM
No, not a resale, just an add-on, straight through Disney, but it was for a short form mortgage agreement. If you paid cash you probably didn't need it.

natt
07-03-2003, 06:59 PM
I can understand that you would feel hurt! Especially if she hasn't actually seen the villas there! We bought at BCV and are thrilled with the location since our kids are getting bigger and we can see that area being a great location for future needs.

We have stayed at WL and loved the resort, but our need to be close to MK is no longer a priority. Maybe that's what your friend was refering to, but I do not feel that WL/VWL itself is too "Mickey". Now ask me about the AS resorts, and I'll have a different opinion for you!
Chin up and enjoy your VWL contract!
Natt

Granny
07-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Looks like one more DVC owner I won't have to be fighting for the reservations at VWL! :p

Hey...different strokes for different folks. I can understand people preferring one resort over another due to personal preferences.

What I will never understand is people who feel the need to belittle people who happen to prefer something they don't. :confused:

She would really think that we're weird since we own at both VWL and BWV! :cool:

JimC
07-03-2003, 08:37 PM
A colleague once asked why we go to Disney so often -- "isn't it the same old thing?", and I replied for the same reason they go to the same mountain resort with the same lake, same trees, same boats every August. They smiled and have never said a thing again.

Remember it all started with a Mouse :)

msdis
07-03-2003, 08:45 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What does she know?

Regards, from another VWL owner, and proud of it!;)

MickeyCrazed
07-03-2003, 08:56 PM
What type of comment is that?
Personally, I think the WL is the most beautiful resort on site.
To each his own I guess......

jaysue
07-03-2003, 08:56 PM
:eek:

Confused - what would she mean by too "Mickey Mouse" - I would say VWL/WL is a beautiful resort in a great location. Too Mickey Mouse to me would be a resort like Toontown :earseek:

Thanks
jaysue

TIdoublegaER
07-03-2003, 09:01 PM
I really am not sure by what she meant by "too Mickey Mouse". Weird. While I definitely prefer the theming of some resorts over others, VWL is absolutely beautiful! She's probably just jealous.

DisneyMim
07-03-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm sure she was referring to the whole of WDW. I just usually smile and say "Yes it is and that's why I bought DVC and that's why I go so often". It's like when people say that a building project or a company is "Mickey Mouse". They don't know what they are talking about.

On the other hand, it's probably the ole green eye monster. Most people are just jealous.

Maistre Gracey
07-04-2003, 12:36 AM
As you know, I am a HUGE fan of VWL. In my opinion, I think she was putting the resort down out of jealousy.
Regardless, it was a rude thing to say.... Although, I wish I had more things that were 'Mickey Mouse'!

Enjoy those extra points! :cool:

anniet
07-04-2003, 06:15 AM
She wasn't talking about Disney as a whole. She said the week she spent at BWV they didn't even feel like they were in"Disney" and that's what she liked about it. I think she made the comment based solely on the fact that she only knew how close it was to the Magic Kingdom.

This had been her first trip ever to WDW, and I think she may have seen the Lodge from afar, but not visited it.

I think you all may be right about her being jealous since she often stops me in the halls and says "Oh we're still thinking of buying DVC, but......." and then gives me her excuse for the day. She doesn't have to explain to me....but for some reason feels a need to. I bet you're right, it probably is jealousy. I guess she just intimidates me because she's upper level management and pretty much all business.

Dean
07-04-2003, 07:24 AM
This is a family who's thinking about buying DVC so they are not nonbelievers. Most have resort preferences and that should be OK. Sounds like that's all she was saying. Being insulted in this situations is being over sensitive, IMO. The fact that someone likes or doesn't like a specific resort should be OK, no matter how strongly they feel about it.

donald@home
07-04-2003, 07:51 AM
If she has never visited VWL I think she was speaking out of ignorance. I would have asked her what she meant by that comment and if she clearly didn't know what she was talking about I would have either ignored her or filled her in on a few facts, maybe accompanied by some pictures or good web sites that have pictures.

dianeschlicht
07-04-2003, 07:58 AM
If she like BWV because it wasn't "too Mickey Mouse", she ought to LOVE OKW!:p

DeeP
07-04-2003, 12:05 PM
If she like BWV because it wasn't "too Mickey Mouse", she ought to LOVE OKW!
I don't know, those Mickey head icon front porch railings might just send her right over the edge! LOL:)

Luv2Dream
07-04-2003, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't waste my breath with a comment either way.