PDA

View Full Version : Ressie Question...Please HELP!

MarylandPizzaman
07-03-2003, 06:01 PM
I am currently waiting to get our package from Disney with the contract to sign. We are getting 150 points at BWV with a February use year. When or how soon can I make reservations for next year. I understand the 11 month window but at what point are you considered a DVC member? We are thinking we will go in June of next year DD still in school. So I want to get it in asap. Also I should mention that I did the Magical Beginnings and don't have points until Feb but figured to borrow.
Please help I know it seems like a lot to ask but who better to ask? Right?

DebbieB
07-03-2003, 06:18 PM
If they have received your deposit, you can make reservations right away. A June trip next year would be Feb 2004 points, so you willn't be borrowing. The use year for points is based on the date of your stay, not the date you make the reservation. So with a February 2004 use year, any stay from February 1, 2004 to January 31, 2005 would be current year points.

WebmasterDoc
07-03-2003, 06:18 PM
You can make reservations as soon as you are in the DVC computer. Usually this occurs as soon as your deposit is accepted by DVC. Your guide can advise you about your member number and how to reach MS.

Welcome Home!!

anniet
07-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Pizzaman, I BELIEVE you can make them as of your closing date on your paperwork. I know with my add-on they put them in my account as of 4:00pm on the day that I called and made the deposit for the add-on, but I think that was only because I was an existing member, who was adding more points. I am quite certain your closing date is when your points become available if you are a new member.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will post to correct me.

Edit: oops okay, I'd take Doc's word over mine.

5infam
07-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Pizzaman,

Debbie is right that you will be using 2004 points for your June trip, but if the 150 points you get in February 04 are not enough for yor stay, then you can still borrow all (or as much as you need) of your 150 points from february 05.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Gail & Joe
07-03-2003, 07:05 PM
You can make reservations as soon as you make a deposit. We just bought in April at VWL and I made a deposit to get the paperwork started and made my reservations as soon as I was done talking to my guide. He gave me the number to call. Call your guide and tell him/her that you want to make reservations and he will let you know what to do. Good luck