PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a new board?

Robinrs
07-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Webmaster Pete would like your suggestions for a new board: Click Here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=399301)

ILUVDXL
08-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Well this wouldn't be a new board, I guess, but I would like to see the cooking and scrapbooking board separated. I love to cook and would love to get "family" reciepies. You know foods your Mother or Grandmothers made. Not stuff you get out of a cookbook. Not that I have anything against scrapbookers but they take up so much space on the co-joined board. Just a thought.

Artuero
08-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Vacation home board separate from Orlando Hotels and Attractions.

denisenh
08-30-2003, 10:18 AM
I am not sure that this would be appropriate for the DIS but I think a board that addresses other parts of Florida, the beaches and resorts away from the orlando area would be nice. (Some folks make side trips away from the Orlando area while visiting Florida.)
These posts seem to wind up on the Orlando hotels and attraction board. I find that the info from DiS'ers is very reliable and would like to be able to plan my stays away from WDW area with the benefit of this type of input and to be able to share my experiences with those that may like to know.
The other travel message boards are not as easy to use as the DIS and I find the DIS more friendly than most too.

lisalu
09-07-2003, 01:32 AM
I agree Artuero. I can't find much info on people's experiences at these vacation homes in the Orlando area. I'd LOVE to hear some of these trip reports. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places???

leebee
09-15-2003, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see the off-site accomodations review posts separated from the thread replies into a board or database of its own. It would be so much easier to go to one place where hotels/vacation homes are listed by name- or even area location- than to have to search thru all the boards (or use the search function) and read thru every thread just to learn if a certain hotel is clean, nasty,etc.

familyoffive
09-15-2003, 11:22 AM
We would like to see aboard for those travelling with more than 4 in the party. So many great tips are out there if we could share these in one place.

f7prez
09-25-2003, 03:21 PM
I am constantly receiving great offers at some really nice looking resorts, the only problem is that you are required to take a 90 minute tour. I have often considered it because the rates are fantastic but I never have. Perhaps you could provide a place for timeshare related questions like; Is it really 90 minutes, is it high pressure, do you really get the rate they quote you. People will also be able to ask Diser's their opinion on timeshare resorts they have stayed at.

chessie
09-29-2003, 02:57 PM
I'd like to see a board dedicated to photography. Not just snap shots but of photos techniques and exposures. Where to stand for the best shots of certain attractions.

We have some fabulous photographers on this site and it would be great to be able to share ideas with them.

Someone mentioned about separating the cooking and scrapbooking board. How about combining a scrapbook and photography board

disneysteve
10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
I'll second the suggestion to have a board devoted to vacation home rentals. There are a lot of things to be aware of and numerous developments to consider that are totally different than what one has to do to rent a hotel.

Steve

FLeisure
10-16-2003, 05:41 PM
I'll definately third the vacation home thread ! Seems every week we have the same questions and end up repeating the same answers !!

popeyeohoh
10-20-2003, 10:38 AM
vacation homes or timeshares

sln88
10-20-2003, 01:05 PM
poll- offsite ratings area?
There is a rating area for all the Disney resorts, restuarants, ect:

Do you think us off siters need one for out hotels?

sillyminny
10-27-2003, 01:33 PM
This is the toughest aspect of a family holiday.

winniedapooh
11-14-2003, 07:08 AM
I will third family of 5 and sillmilly for those of us with big families and/or big extended families.

TinkHappy
12-02-2003, 07:26 PM
I would like to see a board on other cruise lines (like CCL and RCCL) compared to DCL that leave out of FL.

cps5
01-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Vacation Homes

Vacation Homes are very different then off-site hotels. A hotel is a hotel and a home is a home.

When I first thought that I would rent a vacation home, I had to look for threads that talked about vacation homes. I love these boards but feel very strongly that vacation homes need their own site.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

maciec
03-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Since the Ebay thread is sooooooo long now.....how about an Ebay thread?

BrittnTylersMom
03-12-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm another who would like to see a seperate vacation homes area!! ::yes::

Pleeeease?!?!?!

I come to hotels (etc.), ONLY in hope of finding some home rental threads...seems this is where they end up being posted.

I'm not interested in hotels..I'd never go back to renting a hotel room, not after finding the beautiful vacation homes that are available!

Is anyone even taking suggestions here anymore??..this thread is quite old, without many *wishes* being granted! :(

100%Disney
03-21-2004, 03:36 PM
I would like to see the vacation home board.

MollyBelle
04-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I like these ideas:

1. vacation home thread

2. Ebay thread

I think both deserve their own - there's been mucho interest in both...!

louise1928
04-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a few suggestions

Transportation Board (Airlines, Trains, and car travel to Florida)

Vacation Home rentals

Group Travel

Couples Only

Vacation Planning Tools (software suggestions, etc.)

Snoopymom
05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
A separate board for all other Florida hotels and attractions or one for beach accomodations close to Orlando, or even one for all other travel destinations. (I sure hope I didn't annoy anyone when I asked about Brimingham Al and Daytona Beach here recently. I got some very helpful advice though.) Thanks!

Maridw
06-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Maybe a board for military personnel - something that gives any discount info, infor about SoG and ticket prices.

bearzabout
06-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I'd like to see off-site accommodations separated from off-site dining and other off-site attractions.

I think a board for Busch Gardens would be nice.

BC
07-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I know there is an Orlando attractions and hotels board, but there is not much regarding restaurants off site.

cjeong
07-14-2004, 01:16 AM
I would like to see a transportation/travel time schedule (approx time - include seasons eg peak, value etc) from different key localities by walking, bus, boat, car or other eg. WDW to Universal, resort to resort. Also any suggestions for shortcuts.

This will certainly help with planning.

Thanks.

daisygarden
08-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I definitely think DIS should have a separate Orlando vacation home board. There are a lot of threads dedicated to the topic but they are mixed in with all the hotel information. How does a new board get started? :confused:

pumpkinfish
08-13-2004, 08:27 AM
After reading everyone's responses, here are mine that I would like:

1. Busch Gardens in Tampa
2. A board for couples only
3. A board for military families

good luck on deciding! :chat:

MayMom
08-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Vacation Home! Vacation Home! Vacation Home!

ClanHarrison
08-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Yes, Yes & Yes. We must have a Vacation Home Rental Board!!!

It seems to be such a popular subject with soooo much to choose from. I too had to search hard, and start my own thread while I was searching for the "perfect place"

I'd also like to see an Airline/Airfare Board also.

mega13
09-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Everywhere I read, I see advice for: snacks for kids, rides for kids, restaurants for kids, pools for kids, etc. etc.

I have yet to find a good spot for "Disney" things to do for a young (29 year old) couple. We don't have children, and it's such a pain to sort through it all to find the things that interest us (bars, Pleasure Island, romantic outings, etc.) Thanks!

wilso
10-09-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what a "new board" is, but something related to grown-ups only would be nice, come to think of it.

nezy
11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I think a Timeshare board would definately be helpful because it could include info. re: the resorts, travel time to parks, tour experiences, just to start.

Also, I like the idea of a board that includes "day trip" ideas like to the coast or to Tampa or what ever other way there is to stretch your Florida vacation ideas.

Thanks for always trying to make what is already so great even better.

MTMom
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I would like to see the Orlando Off-Site Attractions and Hotels split into two separate boards. That's my 2 cents worth.

diane1102
02-13-2005, 11:33 AM
:bounce: Its seems that the offsite board is primarily about accommodations. I'd like to have a place for topics on Seaworld, Universal, and other area attractions.

momlvsdsny
02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I agree, with six in our family, that would be great!!!

lagunn
02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedSox1974
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, Yes & Yes. We must have a Vacation Home Rental Board!!!

One more vote for a Vacation Home Rental Board! We just recently returned home (Feb 22-March 3) from staying at a pool home. While we were thrilled with the home, we were very less than thrilled with the rental company itself.

The pros were having a private pool, space to relax after days spent at the parks (which i cannot stress enough), being able to do laundry, not having to eat out each and every meal.

Unfortunately the company that we had rented from placed us in a different home than the one we had reserved with no warning. We had rented the home 4 months in advance and each month I called or emailed to confirm our reservation, always being told that all was as it should be. Though we rented the home with pool heat 4 months in advance, on arrival we had to place 2 phone calls to get the pool heat turned on, resulting in 2 days without pool heat in February..brrrr. We are still trying to get the 2 days refunded.

All in all, it was a great trip and we would absolutely rent a home again, but would prefer to do business with a home rental company we can trust.

lagunn
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
you get my vote too..i have allready got mine booked for this year but will be looking end of year for next year...

Susie
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I am not sure that this would be appropriate for the DIS but I think a board that addresses other parts of Florida, the beaches and resorts away from the orlando area would be nice. (Some folks make side trips away from the Orlando area while visiting Florida.)
These posts seem to wind up on the Orlando hotels and attraction board. I find that the info from DiS'ers is very reliable and would like to be able to plan my stays away from WDW area with the benefit of this type of input and to be able to share my experiences with those that may like to know.
The other travel message boards are not as easy to use as the DIS and I find the DIS more friendly than most too.

Can I just echo this poster's sentiments. A lot of people I know that go to Florida like to go to the beach to unwind after the hectic pace of Orlando. Infact we were in Clearwater last year after our Orlando experience and this year we end our Florida trip in Ana Maria Island. So it would be great to read of other member's experiences a little further a field than Orlando.

aussiemouse
03-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Couldn't agree more!! I'm trying to find a good place to stay in Clearwater beach, and wish there was an area for DISers to discuss popular areas within the DW area.

MagicalMom
03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I would like to see a board for each park, like a MGM board & AK board. Just an idea. :)

jctwizzer
04-05-2005, 07:16 AM
A new board called "*****in" would be helpful. That way, all those who have
complaints about some aspect of WDW would have a place to congregate with others who feel compelled to relate their complaints here instead of with Disney. And the rest of of could glean helpful info from the various forums without having to wade through the negative stuff. Thanks.!! :cool1:

wicket2005
04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Just having one thread for reports on one particular hotel to make it easier to find info out about the hotel. So you could have a general discussion about hotels and a separate one where no one could post new threads just add comments to existing threads under separate hotel names.

DizChick05
05-04-2005, 07:37 PM
I think you should have a board about Magic Kingdom AND Epcot and Animal Kingdom and MGM

Tinkerbelll
07-06-2005, 03:14 AM
I second (or third or fourth ;) ) a board for adults/couples that could highlight things just for us (which would even appeal to those parents who take at least one night for themselves during their family vacation.. that's what those kid's clubs are for, right!?!). Me and my BF have no children and go by ourselves four times a year. Even though Disney will always be a family place first, it has been successfully marketing to the older and "in love" crowd too, and we should recognize that!! :love: ... We need a place just for us!! :wizard:

disneysteve
07-06-2005, 07:32 AM
I second (or third or fourth ;) ) a board for adults/couples that could highlight things just for us
There is already a "Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers" board.

Tinkerbelll
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
There is already a "Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers" board.

Ah yes, I see that now. LOL. I Guess I never made it that far down the list...and since I saw everyone else mentioning it, I just thought it was nice. Guess I'll be off to that board now!! Thanks :wave2:

robertchance
09-30-2005, 12:42 PM
How about a board that deals with just digital camera's and related issues

wicket2005
09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Good idea Robert, 'Holiday Toys'.

djkeenan
10-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Another vote for "Vacation Homes & Condos". Tips and contacts I picked up here helped get me a wonderful deal on a pool home.