PDA

View Full Version : Mupppets for Sale??

Wes
05-30-2001, 05:24 AM
Here is a CNN FN article (http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/05/30/europe/muppets/) about the attempt to buy the Muppets away from their new owners for $200 Million (well below the 680 Million recent acquisition price).

Towards the end Disney is proposed as a more likely buyer/

Galahad
05-30-2001, 08:48 AM
I still think this is such a natural fit for Disney. I hope they make a serious attempt to buy the Jim Henson Co.

Tannerman
05-30-2001, 09:24 AM
If they do land them, I hope they give them the creative freedom needed. Kermit is no Mickey... Muppets have always been a little more "edgy" than traditional Disney fare.

Sarangel
05-30-2001, 08:30 PM
I almost feel like I should move this to the rumor board... There has been persistant speculation over the last 4-5 months about Disney buying the muppet rights, but Disney itself has made no comment. It would give them another set of characters to work with in the theme parks & someplace for slightly more 'edgy' storylines that don't fit into the traditional Disney theme. I'm hoping that they do integrate, since I think they are complementary, in product, target audience, and as companies.

We'll see what happens.

Sarangel

TorynK
06-02-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Sarangel
It would give them another set of characters to work with in the theme parks & someplace for slightly more 'edgy' storylines that don't fit into the traditional Disney theme.

OK, I have to admit, I guess I thought that Disney already owns the Muppets, since they are at California Adventure. They have a 3-D movie in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot section. The entry way and pre-show have a lot of very "Muppet" humor. If we were allowed to post pictures here I would show some of the pictures I took in there.

What kind of existing relationship is there between Henson and Disney that led to the Muppets attraction being placed in DCA?

Toryn

toefungus
06-03-2001, 05:17 PM
I hope Disney does get the Muppets. They could do a lot with them. I would like to see more Muppets movies, the ones they already did were really good.