PDA

View Full Version : Giving pts to another owner.......

Tom and Jen
07-03-2003, 09:22 AM
We currently own at BWV, we have friends looking to buy at BCV.

If they purchase at BCV, and we then want to plan a vaca together, but have everyone stay at BCV, could we give them the pts and have them make the reservation so they then would have the 11 month window?

Or would the pts we give them keep the home resort designation and only allow their use at 7 mos?

Has anyone done this before?... I doubt I am the first to think of it....

T.

DebbieB
07-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Transferred points retain their home resort designation, so they could not use them at 11 months for BCV.

Dean
07-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DebbieB
Transferred points retain their home resort designation, so they could not use them at 11 months for BCV. While this is what the POS and guidebook says, it isn't so in reality. DVC has not way to track the use year and home resort of transferred points. So you may lose both months and the home resort priority on transferred points. The best option is to alternate reservations without actually transferring the points. I understand DVC is working on this problem and it could be fixed any time. In the meantime, buyer beware.

momsully
07-03-2003, 02:20 PM
I just had someone transfer BCV points into my account. The way MS explained it they kept there original home resort. I was able to make reservations with them for BCV for a March trip.