PDA

View Full Version : Points cash Points ?

caskar
07-02-2003, 07:57 PM
I have asked MS for a full confirmation letter for my stay using points for 5 days then cash for Friday/Saturday then back to points for 5 days. I made all my reservations through MS and have individual confirmation letters for each of the segments. They said they would send one (a full confirmation letter) to me. When I received a confirmation letter a few days ago it was for only the last part of my stay. So I emailed them again asking if all reservations were linked and, if so, would that mean I Did Not have to check out then check back in any day except the first and last of my 12 day stay. Also, I asked them about full cleaning and trash/towel days. When would they occur? MS didn't answer that part of the question in their email today but said they would try again to send a full confirmation letter to me and if I did not receive one in 7 to 10 days let them know and they "would try printing it a different way." Can anyone shed some light on what I should expect as this will be my first trip home. :) Thank you!

DebbieB
07-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I did 2 nights cash through MS followed by 5 nights points at OKW in May (cash Friday,Saturday, points Sun-Thurs). Everything was treated as one stay. We got keys for the entire week, parking pass for the entire week, trash & towel was Monday, day 4 including the cash nights. I had 2 confirmations.

Dean
07-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Just make sure they're linked and double check when you check in. I don't think they can send you one confimation covering the entire stay as it is treated as separate reservations in the computer.

WebmasterDoc
07-02-2003, 09:59 PM
If you will be arriving on a Sunday, you will get a full clean on Wednesday, a Trash/Towel on Sunday and another full clean on Thursday. You will not daily housekeeping on your cash days- since they were booked thru MS and are from the member inventory.

Just check again at arrival to be sure all components are linked together and the room is continuous. You should be fine!

Enjoy!

caskar
07-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Thank you for the advice and reassurance. I will double check once I get to the BCV and check in.

Johnnie Fedora
07-03-2003, 03:51 PM
When we stayed at BCV in June, we had to check in again and change keys when we went from Sun-Thurs on points to a Friday night MS cash. Other resorts (HH) we've not have to check-in again, so it may just be something about BCV??

You may have to check in for each leg of your stay, but if the ressies are linked you will not have to change rooms. You will also get separate bills for each portion of your stay.

caskar
07-03-2003, 04:42 PM
When I talked to MS on the phone, she said since they were linked together I wouldn't have to change rooms. But... I hope. Was your reservation linked prior to and did you pay cash through MS or CRO?

Johnnie Fedora
07-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Actually, In June we stayed:
CRO cash 4 nights
DVC points 5 nights
DVC cash 1 night

In between each of the reservations I received a bill and new keys. We had the biggest problem with the CRO portion of our trip, and having to change rooms between the CRO and MS stays, but that will not apply to you since your entire stay is booked through MS. You may be issued new keys for each portion of your stay, but will not have to change rooms.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387364