PDA

View Full Version : Downpayment/deposit questions....

Disney-Kim
07-02-2003, 05:47 PM
For those who have financed....when you had to pay your downpayment....did you have any extra time to pay it?
or if we sign the agreement today...do we have to pay today?

what if we needed more time to come up with the amount? do they do that?
I forgot to ask my sales girl and figured someone here would know.
thanks !!

WebmasterDoc
07-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Your downpayment is due when you wish to begin the process. Nothing happens until they receive the full downpayment. Once that is paid with a direct purchase, you can start making reservations immediately.

You should call your guide to make sure the paperwork will be valid if you delay beyond any dates mentioned in the paperwork.

Enjoy!

lulu71
07-02-2003, 06:45 PM
The ways our worked was they charged half the down payment to my credit card, which started the process, and exactly one month later (tomorrow actually), will charge the other half so it was on two different billing cycles. We close approximately 10 days after the second charge gets put through. We were able to make our February '04 reservations a day or two after the first half was charged to our credit card. I hope this helps.

DeeP
07-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I just added on 100 pts at BWV and although I did not finance, there was a 12 day time limit placed on the papers that were sent to me. I signed the papers and sent them back with a check for the total purchase within a day or two and then received a call from my DVC guide about 2 weeks later telling me the closing had taken place. I have yet to receive the deed and this took place the beginning of May, however I was able to use the pts, if I so desired once they received my check.
If you need more time than what is stated on the papers you receive, I am sure a call to your guide would accomplish this without a problem.

pigget74
07-02-2003, 10:00 PM
I do not know how common this is, but we only paid 500 when we decided we would join. That got the paperwork started at the end of May. They mailed us all paperwok and it stated that the remaining amount would be due by June 29th and the approximate closing would be the 15th of July. I hope that this helped some.

Disney-Kim
07-02-2003, 10:30 PM
yes these replies were helpful. thanks ;)