PDA

View Full Version : BWV Trip Report 22-26 June

chrispoponak
07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Used 120 points for a four night stay in a 1-br. This is my first time using a DVC resort.

We stayed in room 1116, right next to the quiet pool. It was quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed being able to just walk out to the pool right from my room. The hot tub was nice as well.

A couple of things that bothered me about the quiet pool:
1. It seemed that no one was observing the "shower before you enter" rule.

2. One night, a group of college-aged people brought a cooler with (what looked like) beer and wine coolers. They were drinking at the pool. One in this group was even smoking a cigar while swimming.

Also, if I were an owner paying maintenance fees, I would be upset about the condition of the carpeting. It looks well-worn.

The Luna Park pool was awesome - although I felt embarassed to be the only "big kid" in a line of toddlers for the slide.

I had no idea how much the Boardwalk was integrated with the EPCOT walkway.

Cirque Du Soleil was awesome. We saw the show on the evening of the 24th. I highly recommend it to anyone.

I will post pictures shortly.

Can't wait for my next Disney Trip! (Still planning it)

JOC
07-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Did you ask for a first floor room prior to your stay or did you get it when you checked in?

chrispoponak
07-02-2003, 01:26 PM
I received the room upon check-in. I did not make any room requests other than non-smoking.

DeeP
07-02-2003, 06:06 PM
It seemed that no one was observing the "shower before you enter" rule.
This is the case at all the pools, I have only seen kids playing with the shower at any WDW resort I have ever stayed at.
One night, a group of college-aged people brought a cooler with (what looked like) beer and wine coolers. They were drinking at the pool. One in this group was even smoking a cigar while swimming.
Drinking is permitted at the pools as long as you are not in the pool. Smoking in the pool is not permitted but again is permitted at the chairs, tables and lounges.
Also, if I were an owner paying maintenance fees, I would be upset about the condition of the carpeting. It looks well-worn.
Believe it or not the carpet was just replaced! BWV gets so many guests on a regular basis it is like a never ending story trying to keep up with the maintenance of the carpet. I was at BWV the end of May and as always, they were replacing different sections of the hallway carpets. Every time I am at BWV, which is every
3-4 months they are replacing carpet somewhere in the building.
The Luna Park pool was awesome - although I felt embarassed to be the only "big kid" in a line of toddlers for the slide.
Don't feel embarassed, I am often the only big kid on the slide also, I love it! It is a lot of fun, no matter what age you are.
I hope you had a wonderful trip! I am just 73 days away from my next trip but this trip will be my first stay at BCV, I can't wait!!!