PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to adhere your fibers?

crazyforpooh
07-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Okay I bought a bunch of fibers but, I'm not sure what to use to adhere them or even really how to use them. I have a photo tape from CM do you think that would work if I lay the tape on the page then adhere the fibers to the tape or is the tape to wide?

Okay ladies what do you all use? And gentlemen I know we have a few of them.

Any suggestions?

nicurn
07-02-2003, 07:47 AM
I have used eyelets or snaps to adhere my fiber. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it I guess. :D maggie

pattyT
07-02-2003, 07:49 AM
I either -
put in eyelets - string them through the eyelets and adhere them to the back side with double sided tape (then I can tape to the cm page-(I wallpaper most of my cm albums))

or
I use the ZIG pen to do it -

I think it would depend on the width of the fiber if the cm tape runner will work - but it will be a lot more work that way :)

hth
PattyT

MerryPoppins
07-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Eyelets or a special glue. It's in a white bottle with a green lid. PM me if you want the name. It's not handy right now, but I can get it out. It is the best glue for holding fiber that I have found.

ToDisney
07-14-2003, 01:43 AM
I use eyelets or Magic Scraps glue.

Spinning
07-14-2003, 08:26 AM
I haven't done a lot with fibers but I used those little glue dots. Seems to work well.

DiznEeyore
07-14-2003, 06:27 PM
If you're wrapping your fibers around something (like a mat or a frame) and you can adhere them behind it so the adhesive can't be seen, you can use either the photo tabs with the blue squares, and just leave the blue squares on (this way they'll only be sticky on one side) or you can use old stickers that you don't like! I've even cut up the "leftover" paper from sticker sheets and used that to adhere fibers. :)

HTH!

OurDogCisco
07-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Sometimes, I string my fibers through tag holes. If you know what I mean. I can upload a layout where I did that.

Tina

ilovebelle
07-17-2003, 10:17 PM
I like the double sided "Scrappy Tape" from Magic Scraps, or the glue from Magic Scraps. Both work really well!

I am JEN
07-18-2003, 11:55 PM
A little trick that I use with fibers, is to string them through the hole before you actually put the eyelet in...then you put in the eyelet and set it so that the fiber actually is "set" into the eyelet and you don't have to worry about tying it off and having a knot on the layout.