PDA

View Full Version : DVC discounts at Keystone Colorado

Nick Beecham
07-02-2003, 02:55 AM
I will be staying at Keystone Colorado on DVC points next year.

I seem to recall seeing something about discounts on lift tickets for DVC members in the past but I cannot find anything about these anymore.

Does anyone know whether or not these are available and, if so, how to get them?

Many thanks
Nick

David in Manassas
07-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I encourage you to post about your trip...We were very close to trading to Keystone this year, but changed our minds. I'd love to know about the types of accommodations they give you. I have checked out their website, but would love to hear about first hand experiences.

Thanks,

David

summerlover
07-02-2003, 07:48 AM
We went to Keystone last January and stayed in the River Run area. I recall that DVC did offer discounts for lift tickets (10% off - I believe) - but we were able to find a better deal on the Keystone website. I believe they offered a 4 day lift ticket for both Keystone and Arapahoe for $90. I was an amazing deal - so keep checking their website.

We had stayed in a two bedroom - and I was completed thrilled. The accomodations were spacious and beautiful. They had an outdoor heated pool with hot tubs. The lower levels of the condos have restaurants and shopping. Very nice and upscale! Similar to BWV - but more spread out.

We just happened to be there for "Party in the Peaks". They had bands and various activities for the kids. It was a really great time.

We drove to Breckenridge (probably 15 minute drive) to browse the shops and have dinner ( we really loved our meal at Michael's{italian}).

I would go back in a heartbeat and I don't even ski. My DH and DD9 loved the skiing (they would recommend grabbing lunch at Labonte's Cabin and just checking out the atmosphere there).

We all rode up the gondola to check out the sunset one evening - which was very cool.

I hope you have a wonderful trip -

Nick Beecham
07-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks very much for your replies.

Can't wait to go.

Nick

dbond
07-02-2003, 10:44 AM
DVC guests have been offered lift ticket discounts for the past 3 years that we've been to Keystone Resort during ski season. The discounts are usually posted on the DVC website around Thanksgiving, when the ski season starts. The discount has been 10% off, but like the above poster mentioned, be sure and check local discounts, or discounts that may apply for signing up for a Peaks membership. I don't think we've ever used the DVC discount because there was always some other deal offered that was better. We never buy our lift tickets before we go, we check with the ticket window at the base of the lifts upon arrival and they have the best knowledge of what the best deals are.

Nick Beecham
07-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Many thanks dbond

jade1
07-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Going in one month (3BR River Run, 5 nights 185 points) so not related to lift discounts but if anyone has advice on rafting or 4 wheelers or anything to do in the summer-please chime in. I can report on the trip when we get back if anyone is interested. Never been there before.