PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Peabody

LKS
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
My husband has always kind of wanted to stay at the Peabody, but not at the prices they usually charge. Anyway, we are going down for Labor Day weekend and have the Swan at 144 per night, plus tax, plus resort fee (gov't employee). We can get the Peabody on Expedia for an average of 84.25 per night plus tax, plus resort fee. On top of that, kids eat breakfast free there through 9/30. We figure this may be our best chance to try it.

We have 3 kids so figure one will be on a rollaway at an extra fee at the Swan, or in a sleeping bag. The Peabody room says it sleeps 5 (but I'm wondering how since the room description doesn't mention a daybed or anything.)

BTW, we are only going to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, plus having one dinner at Cal. Grill and one dinner using all gift cards at Bahama Breeze. I know Peabody will be MORE convenient for Bahama Breeze, and less convenient for everything else.

On a regular park trip, we like to stay at the Contemporary, but we are definitely trying somewhere else less expensive this time. What should we do?

LKS
07-02-2003, 08:22 AM
It was too good a deal to pass up. Doubt we'll ever get to stay at the Peabody again for less than $100 per night including taxes and fees so I went ahead and booked. Paid up front to get this rate and there is a cancellation charge of $25 as long as we cancel 3 days in advance. Not too bad. In total for the 3 nights, it's saving me $170 over the gov't rate at the Swan.

I'll report on it when we get back.

PhotobearSam
07-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Let us know how you liked the hotel...I want to stay there someday and see the ducks on a daily basis.

LKS
07-02-2003, 08:17 PM
I'll be sure to. I was encouraged to see that the first person who replied to the Best and Worst thread picked the Peabody for their best offsite hotel.

Aubrey
07-03-2003, 07:04 PM
The Peabody is beautifu and that is a great rate. Very sophisticated atmosphere, you won't be trotting down to the lobby in your swimming suit!!! Make sure to try the Sunday Brunch, YUM :p