PDA

View Full Version : HH July &month window?


sitchu2
07-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Hello,

My dad and sons took a sudden intrest in surf fishing, and would like to visit HH.

I have points at BCV and was wondering if I have a good chance of being able to book a 2 br at HH for the week of July 21 2004 at the 7 month window?

I would be borrowing Feb. 2005 Points, so I cannot do a transfer/trade with a HH member.


Any one with experience in this matter?

TIdoublegaER
07-01-2003, 09:00 PM
June, July and August is the most popular time at HH and it is the smallest of all DVCs. That said, I think you have a decent chance since you are wanting a 2 brm (there are more of these). If you could be more flexible on dates, your chances would increase. I would call right at the 7 month window and utilize the wait list, if necessary. Good luck!

jag90
07-01-2003, 10:23 PM
We were able to get a 2-bdm at the 7 month window for this week. Like the last post said a 2 bdrm would be your best chance.

TIdoublegaER
07-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Another thought on this.. I know you say you couldn't do a transfer, but you could probably do a trade. You could post on the rent/trade board to see if someone would use their HH points to book at 11 mos for you and you could use your BCV points at 11 mos for them. That way, your points would stay in your account with a ressie in their name and vice versa.

I still think if you call right at 7 mos (day by day if it makes you feel better) and use the waitlist you could get what you want.

Connears
07-01-2003, 10:55 PM
We got a 2 bedroom at 7 month window last July for 4 nights. We didn't need the 2-bd but it was all we could get. If you are flexible with the dates,it is easier.
Connears

PS we love HHI so much we added on points this October to get some 11month points!

cgcw
07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Our 1st trip was in a 2 bedroom in July. I called exactly at the 7 month window and called every day until our reservation was complete. Originally I tried to get a week at the end of June that year but when I called nothing was available. So, MS suggested I try day by day for another week and it worked out fine for us.

We're off to HH really soon. This will be our third July in three years! :teeth: :teeth: