PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty booking 1st wk in Nov

kda
07-01-2003, 06:16 PM
I'd just checked a couple weeks ago and there were 'several' 1 BR's available at OKW for the first week in November. (also 1 BR's available at OKW and VWL the 3rd and 4th week in October).

We finally picked our travel dates, and I was surprised to have a little difficulty getting a 1 BR at OKW for Nov 2-9. Thursday night wasn't available (and the CM told me Wednesday and Thursday nights weren't available at BCV and BWV either) The wonderful CM asked me to wait on hold so she could make a phone call and see if she could 'free up' the Thursday night, and everything worked out. Since we've been able to book OKW on 2 weeks notice before, I hadn't anticipated this. ??? the effects of Jersey week?

We're VERY excited about this trip --- never been to the Food and Wine festival before -- but this means we gave up the 1 BR at VWL Dec 6-10. I'm sure someone else will enjoy it! Maybe next year.

DebbieB
07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
That's also the Soap Opera weekend at MGM.

mikesmom
07-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Food & Wine on top of Jersey week and Soap weekend does it. We have a 2 bdrm for that week and wanted to cancel and go to a 1 bedroom or Studio because family members decided not to go. There was NO availability at ANY dvc resort for a 1 bdrm or studio. I told DH I wasn't going to give up the trip and didn't want to risk the waitlist , so we are bringing friends along!

kda
07-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Wow! Never underestimate the popularity of WDW and DVC, I guess.

geffric
07-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Dumb question....what is Jersey week?

I tried to book a long week end for week too since my kids are off school for conferences on the Thursday and Friday but no go...

oh well

DrDO
07-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Geffric, not a dumb question. NJ schools are typically closed for a Thursday and Friday in the beginning of November to allow teachers to attend the NJ education association conference. There is then a mass exodus of we New Jersyans to the house of the mouse.