PDA

View Full Version : July Challenge - -C'mon Girls!

Mom2Princesses
07-01-2003, 01:17 PM
HI Everyone!

This is so exciting. I just found out I won the June challenge, and that I will be hosting this month's challenge. Needless to say, I don't know the prizes quite yet, I will get that posted by the end of our nice long weekend for sure. In the meantime, let's get scrapping!

Since I am new here, I will share a bit about my scrapping experience. I have been scrapping since 1998. I have several books going, one for each of my daughters, one "family" (for me to keep), a "growing up" album of my husband and I, side by side pages of he and I at each stage in our adolescence (this is not a book I pull out a lot---gosh I was geeky as a kid), and one each for my mom and Mom in Law. I also just went to WDW , so I have just about completed my first WDW album as well. Wheew! That is some work.

I love Me & My Big Ideas, and Jolee's Boutique. I will definitely include something of one or the other in the "prize bag". I am not into the brads, etc yet---it looks so scary but beautiful. I need to take a class!

Okay, so get scrapping--take those scrapbooks to your 4th of July parties, if you have to. July is a busy outdoors month, but like I say, the hours between midnight and 5 am are very good hours that are often overlooked by non scrappers! HE HE HE

Post your progress, I will be watching!
Thanks!

FantasticDisFamily
07-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Ok, I know I have a ton of scrapping that has to get done this summer. Even with work being totally weird and spending more hours on campus than I would usually do in the summer it has to get done.

Those midnight to 5 am hours may just get used! I'm picking up 26 rolls of film from the cruise on the way home. And I have plenty with kids books all the time.

So somebody beat me!

Deb

Beanie
07-01-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm in this month too! Although I haven't done one page for about 2 weeks now!:rolleyes:

Hopefully I get motivated soon though! :)

Mom2Princesses
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Okay, it's my first time and I truly am excited, so I squeezed in a visit to the scrapbook store today, and I went through my exhausting mini store in my own house, here is what is up for the taking:

1) Mini "Winter" title die cut (in color)
2) 2 mistletoe die cuts (in color)
3) Frances Myer Christmas & Snowman stickers (2 sheets total)
4) Stickopotomus Easter chocolate eggs foil stickers
5) Pansy border stickers, small for around pictures etc.
6) 4th of July stickers CM
7) Me & My Big Ideas Beach stickers (so cute I picked up a sheet for me too!)
8) Tiny Tales "A Day At The Beach" poem, just cut and paste.
9) Jolee's Boutique Fall Leaves & Birthday set of stickers (2 small sheets)
10) Over Alls Title Border "Whirling" (with leaves, for Fall)
11) Turkey Dinner color Diecut
12) Sandylion Zoo border w/ stickers
13) 2 different WDW paper picture frames, from the scrapbooking packs that WDW sells
14) Happy Birthday 3-D stickers, great for making cards too. These came in a 5 pack, you get one loose sheet
15) 8.5 x 11 self sticking sheets. These have two designs per page, Pink, Yellow, Blue - - great for framing pictures etc
16) Elements..thoughts from the heart. This has the definition of Love and Child printed on Vellum paper, very pretty.

That is it!!! I tried to include a few things for each season and from major celebrations too.

Happy Scrapping!

pattievers
07-01-2003, 06:58 PM
I haven't been scrapping the last couple of months, but it is time to get back to work!

I just came back from Disney, and have Tons and Tons of pictures looking for a home.

I hope everyone gets lots and lots done!!

Patti

WDWMom
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
What the heck, I'm in again the month. I have so many pictures to scrap it is scary. I have never been this so far behind. Not sure how much I will get done with the kids home for the summer, building a new house, trying to sell the old house, etc...

My goal is to get one page done every day. Guess what? I am already a day behind :) Well, maybe I'll learn to be one of those midnight to fivers.

Sue

Lainy67
07-01-2003, 11:16 PM
I am going on a retreat in about a week and a half... but that may be almost it for the month. So.... we shall see how I do.

Mickeyluver37
07-02-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm in!! I'm new to this part of the forum, as I just scrapped my first pages today. I've gotten 6 pages done on our 2002 trip and would like to have this Disney album finished before we go back in August! So far I love scrapping, but I just don't know how I'm going to organize all of this stuff! Ack!

pattyT
07-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Wouldn't miss it -
even if I am going to be gone a lot this month- And I have joined TO MANY swaps!
I love the motivation!
PAttyT

AJA55
07-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, we have almost everything done with my friendís motherís estate and all went really well considering the circumstances. Iím looking forward to this months challenge. So count me in! ! ! Oh and congrads Mom2Princesses!!

PigletsPal
07-02-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm a newbie and have never done this before. But I'm up for the challenge. So count me in please.

nicki dahling
07-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Count me in again. I'm like Patty. It keeps me motivated.
Cyndi (AKANickidahling )

pattyT
07-03-2003, 08:50 AM
WEll I already finished more that I thought I would get done this month LOL
I took my box of recent pics and my coluzzle to my mil's pool yesturday and cropped a buncha photos - this got me motivated to do a layout of two when I got home (actaully FINISHED one two page layout!) I just happened to have the PERFECT paper for it - if I get a chance tonight I will download it for you to see - the pics are of my son COVERED in my dd's play make-up! lol

patty = 2

WDWMom
07-03-2003, 09:13 PM
I finished 4 pages last night of our cruise we took in March. I think I had four pages last month so I think I am doing good:) We have no plans for the Fourth so maybe I can set up the card table and get a few more pages done.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

firstmickey
07-05-2003, 05:53 PM
hi
Im in again.
Have to beat my grand total of ZERO last month. (lol)

Donna

ToDisney
07-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Okay, I'm new to the challenge thread... what exactly is this month's challenge? TIA!

Alice28
07-05-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm in...going to Costco later to pick up some film. Hopefully I can get some layouts accomplished tonight or tomorrow. I did get a bunch of pages done for my Mom; she had bought an album and all the accessories to scrapbook our March trip to WDW. She hadn't started. So I jump-started her book and got all the MK done and most of Epcot done. She was soooo happy and pleased. I just hope it motivates her to do the rest!

Alice28
07-05-2003, 06:25 PM
ToDisney-

The challenge is to get as many scrapbook pages as you can finished in the month of July. Periodically post on this thread what you have accomplished and we cheer each other on and give support/ideas. The winner of the June challenge will reward the winner of the July challenge with scrapbook goodies (look at the first post or so to see what you will win). Then the winner of the July challenge will host the August challenge, and be responsible for getting a little goodie bag of scrapping stuff for the August winner. It's fun and motivating!

PigletsPal
07-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Ok ladies its day 5 of July and I've done 23 pages so far. My LSS is not charging to scrap this summer so I spent from 10am til 4pm the other day.

Alice28
07-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Woo Hoo Becky! Way to go! That's cool that your scrapbook store is giving scrap time free of charge. I bet you managed to buy a thing or two though! That's what I love about scrapping at a store or at my CM's house...if I need a certain sticker or diecut, it's right there! Same with paper, adhesive, etc. I just love that!

PigletsPal
07-05-2003, 08:25 PM
You got that right. I spent more than what they lost...............LOL

Mom2Princesses
07-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Welcome ToDisney, sorry I didn't explain the procedure in the opening thread! I think Alice28 covered it perfectly for you, by the way, I won last month, so I am hosting this month!

Hope you all had a safe and fun 4th of July!!!!!

So far, PigletsPal is in the lead, with a whopping 23 pages done, WTG PigletsPal!

My LSS has lots of hours/days that they don't charge, but I never can seem to make it to them, your 23 pages is giving me the motivation to really try harder. My husband would love the dining room table to be for eating again LOL, it also means I would cook more---thank God for patio tables and barbeques.

Keep me posted on those numbers!

PigletsPal
07-06-2003, 01:36 AM
:teeth: How funny Nancy since I just cleaned off the Dinning room table to make room for me to scrap some more on Sun. Dh and sons will be watching sports and I don't feel like going to the LSS.

ToDisney
07-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the explaination... sounds simple enough. If this challenge is still open, I'd like to join!! I just finished my 7th 2 page layout this morning. :D

Thanks!!

~Diane

Mom2Princesses
07-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Diane (ToDisney)

The challenge is open to anyone who wants to enter until July 31st, which is when I will be announcing the winner. So, keep scrapping! And have fun, too!

To Becky (PigletsPal)

Do you think we could talk our DH's into giving us a scrapbook room? ;)
I have been seriously thinking about putting my girls together in one room and using the other room for scrapping/computer. I just don't feel like painting/moving furniture etc (and neither does DH!) So, until that time my dining room (and every other room-we have an open floor plan) looks a mess!

Alice28
07-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Mom2Princesses:

I have done exactly what you are wishing for. Our 2 boys share our largest bedroom, we have the medium bedroom and our 3rd bedroom I just converted into a scrapbook room and computer room. I LOVE IT. It was a guest room, but since most of our guests now choose to stay in a hotel (namely our parents), we rarely used the extra bed anymore. So I moved the double bed upstairs to give my 5 year old a nice big bed (and sometimes he and his 2 year old brother like to bunk together), and now my 6 foot scrapping table, our computer, a filing cabinet and a nice book case are in our old guest room. I just love, love, love it. It might be worth it one of these summer weekends to paint a room and make the transformation!

ohMom
07-06-2003, 05:58 PM
you guys got a jump start! no fair!!!

oh, wait, I'm just behind checking this board! oops! none the less count me in. I'm sure the lucky scrapper who has already completed 23 pages has already beat me, but, even if I get 10 pages done this month that will be 10 more than I did last month!

I'm in!!!!

Mom2Princesses
07-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Alice28--

Did you give your boys the master bedroom? We have been considering that too, taking one of the smaller rooms and giving our girls the larger room to function as playroom/bedroom (at least until we get our basement finished). Now, the problem with that is my husband is dragging his feet about giving them our bedroom. That is why we have done NOTHING, because we are not sure how to do it.

My husband is only thinking no becaue he likes having our own bathroom, but the girls also have a bathroom that is off of the main hall. So, it is not like there is no bathroom at all, just not off our bedroom. Our house is not large, by any means, but we bought it new 3 years ago and he feels as though he deserves to enjoy the perks. Our closet is big, and would be so awesome for keeping games, toys etc---it's filled with luggage and boxes right now.

Anyway, your boys are the same ages as my girls, 5 & 2. How do they do sleeping in the same room? My girls fight a lot, which is why we also have not put them together...I am so confused as to what to do. When we finish the basement (again NOT large, as we have a colonial) I have carved out a bit of space for scrapping too. What to do???

Alice28
07-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Mom2-

Well, we don't really have a master bedroom- our house is 105 years old, so it was built pre-master bedrooms. ;) Our current bedroom is actually connected to a bathroom the previous owners must have added on in the 50's or 60's. Our bedroom is just big enough for our bed, two dressers and nightstand, which is fine. Their room is I would guess about 11' x 24'--- it isn't a deep room, but it's width is the width of the house. They do fine with sharing the room- there is TONS of room for each of them, even as they grow older. We have a double bed, the crib, a dresser, an armoire, a bookcase, a toy shelf unit, and lots of toys on the ground and there's still room to stretch out. Plus there is this storage room off their room, which is probably 6'x15'- it's partially finished and someday I envision that being a separate playroom or Nintendo room, etc. We need to tape the walls (it's just sheetrock) and lay carpet down though. I have been very fortunate to have boys who so far seem to adore each other, so hopefully they will stay that way for awhile. I imagine when they are 9 and 12 we will either buy a bigger home or figure something out. For us, giving up the bigger room is fine, because I would much rather have the 3rd bedroom as our office space than have the bigger bedroom, but not have the extra bedroom for us cause the boys each had their own room.

monalsw
07-07-2003, 08:04 AM
i'm in, gotta beat my total of 0 pages last month, lol!

1 2-page lo almost done-getting started is always the hardest part!

happy scrappin'

FantasticDisFamily
07-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Hi all -

Finished 17 pages over the weekend. Have 3 more that are nearly done - just need to finish them off when I can catch DH for some details on one and finish matting the photos on the other.
Deb

PigletsPal
07-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Nancy,

I already told my DH that I want WHILE YOU WERE OUT to come in an make the garage into my scraproom. I even told him I could act very surprised;)

Mom2Princesses
07-07-2003, 11:18 AM
WTG Deb, 17 pages done!

Becky- That is an awesome idea! I would act "surprised" too, if I could get a makeover (plus, you could spend the weekend at one of those Scrap and Spas I hear about!)

We could never lose our garage, it is filled with all kinds of stuff, and of course, no car!;)

WDWMom
07-07-2003, 12:21 PM
I finished 2 more pages yesterday and just need to journal one and title another making it four for yesterday if I finish them today. So far, that makes 6 complete and more to go. I feel great knowing I gave myself a goal. It is the 7th today and if I finish the two I need to do that gives me 8. I might even get another page or two done tonight.

AJA55
07-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Well, my count is at 4 so far this month. Better than nothing, but not like last month when I did 40! Here's hoping that everyone have a safe and great 4th.

ToDisney
07-07-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm up to 9 2 page layouts (18 pages) for the month. ;)

Alice28
07-12-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm up to 8 pages for the month, but am on a roll...I have 3 more rolls to go develop so I hope to increase my amount by several pages!!!

Spinning
07-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Finally this weekend I did some pages. I have a grand total of 10! I hope to do a few more today! I really need to finish the kids school stuff and sports!

Lainy67
07-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Just got back from the retreat and did 28 pages. I was upset, because some of the ladies there finished in the 60s, but I just wasn't working fast. I would say it averaged for me about a page per hour of working time. But I putzed around a lot.

ToDisney
07-14-2003, 01:37 AM
I'm up to 15 2-page layouts (30 pages). I have another one ready to put together, but scrapping at 1:30 in the morning has limitations... like I can't put my eyelets in my pocket page... LOL!!

Mom2Princesses
07-14-2003, 02:04 AM
We are almost half way through the month, so I thought I would run a tally for everyone to see..if something is incorrect or needs to be updated, please post!

PattyT 2
AJA55 4
Mickeyluver37 6
WDWMom 6
Alice28 8
Spinning 10
FantasticDisFamily 17
PigletsPal 23
Lainy67 28
ToDisney 30

Also, OhMom is in, but I don't see any post about how many pages are done yet.

Pretty close there so far at the end of the list....about 2 more weeks of scrapping in July.

I myself have scrapped ZERO, I am on the warpath getting ready for garage sale, donations etc. There are boxes and bags all over my house. It is so silly too, since maybe 5 more hours and my WDW book will be complete...not enough hours in the day!

Have fun!

Alice28
07-14-2003, 11:07 AM
4 more for me!

AJA55
07-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Well this last week I've been able to finish 10 more pages. So that brings me to a total of 14. I'm getting to the end of this book and slowing down. It has over 50 pages in it. But I like most of what I've done. Hay Mom2Princesses, I got earrings for free this weekend at a garage sale. They are shells and used them in a layout last night. Clipped the backs off and used the foam dots to attach to the page. Sometimes I find myself looking at the strangest things to use for scrapping. OH.... the coolest thing was finding 22 (count them 22) "Color Box" eye ink pads at a garage sale for 0.25 apiece.

nicki dahling
07-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I have done exactly 4 pages this month .:( Can't seem to get those creative juices flowing . Not to mention the fact that this month has gone by way to fast !

Mom2Princesses
07-15-2003, 12:18 AM
AJA55--What a great idea! I never thought about using earrings as embellishments! I have only been to a couple of garage sales this summer--mostly looking for nice kids clothes and the occasional book or two. I will have to keep that in mind, I usually pass right over any jewelry. Getting ready for the garage sale is driving me crazy! My kids keep crying over every toy that I price--all stuff they haven't played with in ages. I cannot wait to get rid of all this stuff that I have accumulated--I am freeing up so much space that I didn't even know I had!

FantasticDisFamily
07-15-2003, 02:36 PM
At 31 as of last night!

Deb

WDWMom
07-16-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm up to 11 so far. I am a few pages behind my goal for the month, but going to my LSS to scrap Thursday night and hope to get a few more pages done. Got lots of paper the other day so things should go pretty quick.

pattievers
07-17-2003, 11:11 AM
But I'm still in!

I have three crops scheduled in the next week! Surely....I can get something done! If not...I will do the two daytime ones too!

I really have to get back into cropping!!!

Patti

pattievers
07-18-2003, 08:14 AM
I actually worked onmy pages! And at home!

I got together lots of "kits". I chose my pictures, papers and embelishments and put them in protectors. I am now ready to crop tonight...and the hard parts are done (well some of them).

Better yet...I used what I have! Which is way too much. I won't be as tempted to buy every new thing the store has. I may be able to keep my bill under $100 for once (lol).

I can't wait to tell you all how many pages I actually FINISHED tomorrow.

And....I don't have much happening today, so I may do even more.

Wish me luck!!!

Patti

FantasticDisFamily
07-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Still at 31 but am planning to scrap all day Sat. Have a novice friend coming over and she made me promise to make her scrap! :p

So I hope to have a bunch more done by end of the weekend.

Deb

WDWMom
07-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Went scrapping last night and finished 6 more pages on our cruise book. My total is now 18.

Deb, did you know you can not win the challenge more than once is a 4 month period. LOL You go girl!!!! I am never going to catch you, but you never know.

Sue

FantasticDisFamily
07-18-2003, 11:47 AM
It isn't about the winning = it is about staying motivated to get pages done!

Deb

WDWMom
07-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Deb,

I hope you knew I was kidding. You have motiviated me very much. I have been trying to get my cruise pictures done because I also know you are working on yours and you went on your cruise 3 months after me!!! I really need to catch up on everything but I will feel better once I get this behind me.

pattyT
07-18-2003, 06:50 PM
WEll I am back from vacation!
I have about 12 rolls off film to develop - and I still have a ton of 4th picture and kid pictures to scrap!
:)
We will see what I can get done now!
PAtty

pattievers
07-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I cropped for 9 hours last night...and managed to finish 30 pages....even the journaling!

It really helped to get everything together ahead of time...like that new Creative Memories kit.

The best part...is I hard spent any money...because I used what I had. I did buy a new package of Bazzill...and paid for two more crops...but only spent $5 above that. OH!! They had the new Disney Princess stickers! I have been looking for a good Belle sticker FOREVER!

I have a Princess class in an hour. Hopefully...we will do something I can use.

My son wants to crop one day this week...so that will be three cropping days.

I have finally broken out of my funk!!!! YEAH!

Patti

ToDisney
07-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Went to a crop last night and finished 3 more 2 page layouts... my total for July is now 19 - 2 page layouts for a total of 38 pages. :Pinkbounc

WDWMom
07-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Everyone left me for a while this afternoon so I took advantage and got my supplies out and scrapped at home. Haven't done that in ages but with the table to myself I was able toget stuff done. I am now up to 24 pages. I am so excited. I do not think I have done 24 pages collectively in the past 5 months. I almost have my cruise pictures complete. I think I have enough pics for 8 more pages. Hopefully I can get them done by the end of this month.

Sue

Alice28
07-20-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm up to 18 pages as of last night. :)

nicki dahling
07-20-2003, 08:58 PM
I did 8 pages this weekend ! More than I have done all month . Grand total so far 12 . But the way I look at it , is that I finally got some pages done .
Cyndi ( AKANickidahling/AKADisneyQueen )

Lainy67
07-21-2003, 09:37 AM
8 more done so 36 for me so far this month. I might get a couple more done in the next couple of days, but that will be it for me.

ToDisney
07-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm up to 22- 2 page layouts (44 pages total). I don't think I've ever scrapped this much in one month... no... I KNOW I've never scrapped this much... lol...

Mom2Princesses
07-21-2003, 08:23 PM
10 Days Left!

The top contenders are:

PigletPal (23)
WDWMom (24)
Pattievers (30)
FantasticDisFamily (31)
Lainy67 (36)
ToDisney (44)

But in 10 days, a lot can happen! So no one is out of the race yet! Keep Scrappin!

BTW, I actually worked on my book for an hour this weekend. Didn't really accomplish much, but did add my "hidden Mickeys" to about 15 more pages.

TaTa!

pattievers
07-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Well...I finally broke out of my slump, and I am making up for lost time.

I have cropped 37 more pages since Friday. I am at 67 for the month!!! YEAH! Sure makes me feel better about all the months where I finished nothing.

I hope to get another 15 done today. Wish me luck!!

Right now I am trying to catch up on assorted Christmas's. If I ever finish, I can start doing all my Disney trips.

Patti

PigletsPal
07-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Wow you go Patti you've left me in the dust................LOL. Last week I did 10 pages so I'm now up to 33. I'm off to the LSS today and hope to get atleast that many done again.

AJA55
07-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, this last week I completed 14 more pages. That brings me up to 28 for this month. More importantly Iíve only about 8 to 12 pages to finish the book that Iím working on. Whoo Hoo ! ! Itíll be done before the next set of pictures comes in. Have to go to another book, as this one has more than 100 pages in it. Hey ToDisney (Diane) ÖÖI know what you feel like with your 44 pages. Last month I did more that Iíve ever completed. (also in the 40ís) This board has kept me goingÖÖÖÖÖ

ToDisney
07-22-2003, 05:05 PM
AJA55... I think these challenges totally help keep me going. (I'm join the twopeas challenges.) I know I'll never win that one, but it doesn't matter... it gets me scrapping and I'm happy with that!! I think I'm averaging 1 layout a day... that use to be my goal (one I've never met... LOL!!)

grover
07-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Grover's got her groove back!!! Tee hee heee!!!
I have done alot of scrapping this month and am soooo tickled pink with results!
I went to a crop on the 5th and got 7 pages done and then on the weekend I did another 6 pages bringing my total up to 13 (ouuhhh that is a unlucky number isn't it!).
I have a roll of film back on thursday and am excited to scrap some beach and wedding pictures so I may have more done yet before the end of the month!!
Happy Scrapping ya'll :)
Grover in Winnipeg :cool:

ToDisney
07-23-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm up to 24 - 2 page layouts for a total of 48 pages. That's definitely a record for me!! :)

WDWMom
07-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Did four more pages last night so I believe my total is now 28. I need to journal a page in our cruise book then I'll have another page done. I think I have just 4 more pages to go and then I'll be done with the whole thing. I can't believe it has taken me a month to do this.

pattievers
07-25-2003, 10:50 AM
I finished another 34 pages, and I am now at 101! I am so excited!!! I am cropping tonight and tomorrow night as well...so I should actually get caught up.

I only have a small handful of old pictures to do, then I am up to this year. Oh...and lots of Disney...I have several trips waiting to be done.

I am so glad I have finally broken out of my slump!

Patti

Mom2Princesses
07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
WOW! 101 pages done! I wonder if that is an all time record????
WTG Pattievers, I don't think I could ever get that many pages done in 2 months! LOL!

Keep scrapping everyone else, the contest ends July 31st, I will announce the winner that day and she will be the new hostess for the month of August. There is still time to catch up.....

WTG everyone for keeping up this July!

FantasticDisFamily
07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
101?!?!?!?

WOW! That has to be a record. Shall we just concede now? LOL!

Deb

ToDisney
07-26-2003, 08:10 AM
101 pages? AWESOME!! I'm up to 60 pages! I always do 2 page spreads, so that's 30 layouts for me... that's more than 1 a day... ROFL!! I'm working on another now!

Keep up the great work!!

Just finished another... 62 pages. That's definitely a personal best!!

pattyT
07-26-2003, 08:30 AM
And I was happy to get 6 pages done!

LOL

That is incredible!
Great job!
EVERYONE is doing awesome this month!

I'm enjoying this hot weather too much I quess~!

ohMom
07-26-2003, 04:12 PM
how pathetic am I???

I just finished 2 pages! woo hooo!!! celebration!!

actually I hope this is the first of a roll for me! This crazy summertime is busier than I thought! Oh well, 2 pages is better than the big fat 0 I had until now :)

FantasticDisFamily
07-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Well as of yesterday I am at 42 pages. Probably could have finished a few more but just wasn't inspired. I think I've been spending too much time inside working so when I get some free time I want to take advantage of the little bit of warm weather we're gettting this summer!

I think that will be it for me this month. Working all day today, Tuesday I have to get ready for a Girl Scout trip which will take the rest of the week...and then it is August.

Good luck everyone!
Deb

PigletsPal
07-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Well I only got 3 pages done the other day so my total for the month is 36. I don't think I will have a chance to do anymore for this month.

ToDisney
07-29-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm up to 66 page (33 layouts). Not bad! It feels good to be getting so much done. Don't get me wrong, I'll never in my life get all caught up, but making a dent makes me feel better!! ;)

AJA55
07-29-2003, 07:17 PM
OK, Iím finished for this month. I have the book that I was working on all done ! ! Well not really, I have a few more pages that I need help on the journaling from a friend. So I will do these later. Four more pages complete, so my total for this month is 32. Not as good as last month but still great for me. This next month free time will be taken up with getting ready for our September vacation in Washington DC. (Never been) Yes Iím a compulsive planner for ALL my vacations. And to Patti -----WOW-- 101 Iíd have to quit work and lock my mother and niece in a closet ! ! Hummmmm

Mom2Princesses
07-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, tomorrow is the last day of the month, so I will post the winner in the afternoon (Patti--I think you are it!) Good job everyone on keeping up the scrapping in such a hot and hectic month. If anyone can beat a whopping 101, please post by tomorrow afternoon!

The winner will be hosting the August thread and will be gathering up the goodies to be won! I hope to be able to join in next month....my dining room table has been too quiet this month, it needs a bunch of scrapbooking stuff all over it like usual!

WDWMom
07-31-2003, 03:27 PM
I'll be scrapping tonight but I doubt I'll get 75 more pages done so I think Patti is it for the month. Way to go Girl!!!

I am just glad to have gotten lots done. I think I am at 28 so far and my goal was 31. Should get 3 more pages done tonight and then I'll think about what I can get done in Aug.

nicki dahling
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
Congratulations to the winner . You guys did a great job . I couldn't seem to stay off these darn boards . Just didn't scrap a lot . Making up for it now though . I've started an "About Me" Album . It will be my first 8 1/2 by 11. I already have pictures and paper ready to go .

ToDisney
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
I ended up with 72 pages. I think I'm done... as soon as DH gets home from his class, I'm taking Nyquil and heading to bed!!

Congrats to Patti... AWESOME job!!!

Mom2Princesses
07-31-2003, 09:52 PM
Patti---congratulations! You have won the July Scrapbook Challenge...I will PM you too--I need to get your address to mail out all your goodies.

To everyone else, great job! We had such a great group of scrappers--and it was lot of fun too!

Okay Patti--the next one's on you!

See ya all in the August challenge!

PigletsPal
08-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Congrats Patti,
You did a awsome job. Ok I'm ready for Aug. I scrapped 15 papges today. Hope I do better than last month. Good Luck everyone

pattievers
08-02-2003, 12:36 PM
This was definitely a once in a lifetime month for me! I ended up with 141 pages done! I guess that is because of all the pre-planning I did.

Thankfully...I am nearly caught up now. I will have time to spend hours on each page if I want.

I will get all the goodies together for the August Challenge today!

Good luck everyone!

Patti