PDA

View Full Version : Does OKW have a bike and boat plan????

rbuzzotta
07-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Just curious. I know VWL does.

If not, can we get it at VWL while staying at OKW?????

Also, anyone know the age for the water mice? And, do they have water mice at OKW?? I don't recall seeing them there.....

Thanks a bunch.........

Margie J
07-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Hanks does have bikes for rent during your stay. You can also find tennis, volleyball and basketball equipment there.

As for boats, I only remember pontoon style boats for rent. Since there is no lake front they have no water mice.

rbuzzotta
07-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks Margie. I was just wondering if the have the same or similiar plan at OKW that they do at VWL. Since we often rent bikes and pontoon boats, I think it would be cheaper just to get the length of stay plan...................

Anyone???? Thanks

rbuzzotta
07-01-2003, 05:08 PM
bumpity bump bump!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Poohjan
07-01-2003, 09:32 PM
We just got back and they did have 2 water mice. I did not see anything about a bike and boat plan though. Just hourly mouse rental rate.

Jan

rbuzzotta
07-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Thanks Jan.

Regina
07-02-2003, 07:56 AM
They had at least 4 watermice when we were there over Christmas. They've had pontoon boats for years. They also have surrey bikes if you're interested in those.

They don't have the bike and boat plan, but they do give members a discount on rentals.

spiceycat
07-02-2003, 08:57 AM
you can use the one at WL - besides Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon - are much nicer to use the boats on - and for bikes there is FW to use their paths on.

no you don't have to be staying at WL/VWL to use this plan - you just need to be staying at a WDW resort - which OKW is - also you must only use the boats and bikes at WL to be covered on this plan.

disneydiz
07-02-2003, 10:35 AM
My best friend and her family stayed off-site at Comfort Suites during Easter Week. They signed up for the bike and boat plan at Polynesian -- they didn't even ask them if they were WDW resort guests. Also, you have to be 5-feet tall to use the water mice.

Pa@okw95
07-02-2003, 05:21 PM
They have water sprites(mice) at OKW now. They do not have many though and from what I unerstand they don't go very fast. The canal was the reason for not having water sprites in the past with the boats coming from Dixie landings and Port Orleans plus the boats from OKW in that small canal they just did not allow water sprites in the canal, now they do, at least for now.

OneMoreTry
07-02-2003, 10:19 PM
You have to be 12yo AND 5 ft tall to drive water mice. Older for pontoon boats.

Consider rental at one of the magic kingdom resorts with the family plan. For $199 + tax you can use water mice and pontoons for length of stay up to 3 weeks. You can take out up to 5 at a time. You can only use the boats at the resort where you sign up for the plan. We used at least $400 worth of rentals in 6 days. It was great.

We chose to use contemporary because I assumed it would be less crowded. It was very uncrowded in the third week of June.

GAIL HAYDEN
07-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by rbuzzotta
Thanks Margie. I was just wondering if the have the same or similiar plan at OKW that they do at VWL. Since we often rent bikes and pontoon boats, I think it would be cheaper just to get the length of stay plan...................

Anyone???? Thanks

Well, since no one seems to be able to answer your question, I suggest a call to member services or OKW directly.

Regina
07-03-2003, 09:01 AM
They don't have the bike and boat plan, but they do give members a discount on rentals.

I did answer the question, but it never hurts to call the resort to see if their policy has changed. :D

GAIL HAYDEN
07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by dvcreg
I did answer the question, but it never hurts to call the resort to see if their policy has changed. :D

My apologies DVCREG, I missed your post. :)