PDA

View Full Version : Guide referrals?

bjakmom
07-01-2003, 07:46 AM
OK, I'm ready to make contact and start getting more info to convince DH to join DVC (actually, he's putting up very little resistance - looks like a go). Would anyone be willing to recommend a guide that is great to work with (or point me to a thread if this has been asked before (probably!)- I don't want to chance getting started with someone who doesn't really enjoy their job who will 'go the extra mile' - Maybe I'm worrying too much, but I'm thinking of when I've called CRO and sometimes get that awesome CM who really knows the ropes and will take the time to help you find what you need, making your day- and other times you get the CM who could care less or even be rude. - Thanks for any help!

ryley26
07-01-2003, 07:57 AM
We just purchased three weeks ago uor guide was bruce douglass. he was nice informative and know pressure. we wanted to use magicial beginnings so after bruce gave us the tour and all the info ,we wanted to sleep on the desicion. we called the next and bruce was off till after we went home. we then got Kelly Jo she was also nice and worked with us. Iseen many people on these boards give names of so many different guides but it sounds like to me there all good and not pushy also if the guide you want is not there you will be assigned a diifernt one goodluck and a hopeful welcome home:bounce: :Pinkbounc :D

ncligs
07-01-2003, 12:11 PM
We have an excellent guide in Marc Turner, very low key.no pressure,very informative. Also 4 brothers and sisters of mine have him as a guide and like him very much. I will send you a PM with his phone number.If you have any questions just e-mail me at ncligs1@aol.com. We have been members since early 1999.

P.S. Marc's wife wife just had twins

rtp-resident
07-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Randy Kruger is one of the best. Good luck with your purchase..

nhmomx2
07-01-2003, 03:38 PM
We've used Carol Ann DeAngelo since inception and through an add-on. She's wonderful...willing to go the distance even for non-DVC questions, help, etc!

spiceycat
07-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Judy Kaufman her phone number 1-800-827-7163 - she is very good!!!

Gail & Joe
07-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Our guide was Byron Helgeson. He was great. Good luck !!!!!!!!!

Geoff_M
07-01-2003, 03:59 PM
I second the Randy Kruger nomination. Great to work with, zero pressure.

JimC
07-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Byron is our guide. He is a first rate gentleman!

kathleena
07-01-2003, 06:08 PM
My guide is Diane Henry - I've done three add ons aside from the initial purchase - she is wonderful!!!!

AND I'm not just saying that for the referral - my state doesn't allow real estate referrals so I get nothing but a thank you letter!

I'm saying it because I just like her!

disny4ever
07-01-2003, 06:11 PM
My DW and I started the process over the phone w/ Ron Allen.
We had taken the tour w/ him back in '99 and found out he was still there. He toke all the info, sent us the paperwork to look over. We were headed down to WDW anyway so we took the paperwork w/ us. BIng Bang Boom.....we're in !!!!!

GAIL HAYDEN
07-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by rtp-resident
Randy Kruger is one of the best. Good luck with your purchase..

I definitely agree with that, we used him back in 92. He is incredibly patient. We bought sight unseen and I had a LOT of questions and he was just as nice as could be about it. He even calls to say "Hi, how are you" now and then. He is a super guy.

HookdonWDW
07-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Here's a fourth recommendation for Randy Kruger! He is a Senior Telesales Guide, which means that he specializes in dealing with people who buy DVC from home. He's very low-key, and a fountain of information. His number is 1-800-501-8671.

bjakmom
07-02-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks so much ! - also to everyone who pm'd and emailed me!!-
it's so great to have all the info and opinions here on the Dis when making a big decision. I'm printing everything out and will go over with DH when he gets back into town this weekend.

-Always wished I could afford DVC when the big kids were young - but we went as often as we could and always had the best times! - now that I've stayed DVC (warning, it's dangerous to rent DVC points!!) and have my first grandchild on the way (and still have a WDW loving teenager) - I'm planning many, many years of happy memories at WDW !:smooth:

mmmcq
07-02-2003, 09:36 PM
By now you have too many referrals, but I would be remiss if I didn't recommend our guide , Randy Cook 800-827-3509/407-827-1688. We bought initially thru Randy in '99 and talked to him several times over the intervening years about a possible add-on. He never pressured us.

Last August after our trip we again asked him about add-on points at BW and asked that our name be put on the waiting list for points. He called us two days before the points were available in May. After a week of discussion we ultimately bought some at BW (wish it was more) and a lot at BCV. But we loved Randy's approach to the process and how responsive he was.

Just when we were waiting for the papers to arrive and had already made a reservation for July, we saw some posts about problems at BCV. I left Randy a message about the possible issues. He read the posts and had a manager do so as well before he called me back. He reassured us. And he said that if I had a problem while we were on site...we should call him. That's confidence AND customer service. I'm big on the latter.

Best of luck with your purchase.

BrerMom
07-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by rtp-resident
Randy Kruger is one of the best. Good luck with your purchase.. Agreed! Very nice guy, zero pressure. Was patient while we mulled it over for a few months.

Duchie
07-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Julie Hughes was our guide, and she was fabulous. I appreciated how she was not pushy at all, but rather let DVC sell itself. When I became concerned about the kids "outgrowing" Disney as teenagers, she pointed out other things for them to do, and that, because of the bus system, we could let them go off on their own. I think you can't go wrong with Julie!

Pa@okw95
07-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Guides are just a name Disney gave them. They are just salesman, nothing more. The only thing they will guide you to is to buy points. Don't fuss over what guide to have.

vanstoj
07-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Linda Streetman! Linda Streetman! Is a great person and really goes out of her way to get you in the best situation possible.

PADVCmember@OKW
07-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Another vote for Diane Henry.

Extremely professional!!

MarylandPizzaman
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Sorry pa@okw95, But I must disagree with your point of view, Having the right "Guide" can make a big difference. Just like salespeople, they have different knowledge and experience and not having the right one when something happens or dosen't happen could make the difference in getting or not getting what you want accomplished.
IMO of course, you may feel otherwise.

MarylandPizzaman
07-03-2003, 05:27 PM
By the way my guide is Joan Lane and I wouldn't trade her for more points!, Well maybe...LOL

anniet
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by vanstoj
Linda Streetman! Linda Streetman! Is a great person and really goes out of her way to get you in the best situation possible.

I have to agree, Linda is great, and I must respectfully disagree with Pa@Okw. I've worked in "sales" for over 15 years and there are two kinds of people who sell. There are some who care only about getting their product into your hands and close the deal and making their commission before you figure out you've been taken and there are some who really do care about their customers and their products, and believe in their product and the good that it will do for others. While a DVC guide's job is definitely to assist you in the process of purchasing DVC points, DVC sells itself, they only need to explain it, not to "Sell" it to you.

baloo722
07-03-2003, 11:52 PM
We have Brian Sullivan as our Guide, and we could not be more pleased. We joined last year. Used our points for the first time this year, BWV. Half way through our trip, my wife's grandmother took a turn for the wore with her health inopperable stomach/ovarian cancer. she is on her death bed in a hospital hospice. She told the nurse that she was waiting for her granddaughter, grandson, and three grand daughters to come home so she could die. They didn't think she would make it 24 hours. We packed up to leave that instant. Gave Brian a call & told him our situation. He handled everything. He was able to put our remaining points in a holding account, and we will be going back in august, this time to OKW. Gram took a turn for the better when we arrived. her face lit up & spirits improved. Our daughters have a very special relationship with "crochet mom-mom", and just seeing her made all of the difference. For the crumudgeon who says that Guides don't matter, you are wrong. Brian Sullivan showed compassion & went out of his way for us.

KaterBell
07-04-2003, 08:27 AM
I'm joining this discussion a bit late, but -- our guide is Tony Heard, and I can't even tell you enough how NICE and helpful he was to me when we decided to buy, and no pressure whatsoever...

Highly recommended!

DemoBri1
07-07-2003, 04:49 PM
...he stuck with us for 9 months while I was on the fence trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. I don't know how many times he went over the same info with me, because I needed to be convinced.

Never heard him become frustrated at any time. He worked with me on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons over the phone, going over costs and what our payments would be on the financing side. Always asked me how the family was doing and remembered their names. Maybe not a big deal to alot of people, but this showed he was at least genuinely interested in my situation rather than shoving me off as just another potential "contract".

Brian

dianeschlicht
07-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Geoff_M
I second the Randy Kruger nomination. Great to work with, zero pressure.
Randy was our original guide, and then he got promoted, so they gave our file to someone else. She then left DVC, and we got yet another new person. I agree that Randy was the BEST! He would always call back when I had a question. I sure wish we could get him back as our guide!